Hi from a long time lurker, first time poster

GoldPaladin

Over the last few years, I've debated signing up to this place after lurking now for a number of years. I was first introduced to this wonderful series of games through the release of Awakening. I played it repeatedly for almost 2 years before venturing off to play other games in the series. After Awakening, I went straight to the GBA games and then the SNES, finding enjoyment from the games all together. I've not played Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn, simply for the reason I am not sure my computer could handle the emulations. I played Fates when it first came out and was a bit disappointed by it as a whole, but truly loved Echoes. From these experiences with playing a number of titles, I grew to truly love this series as a whole. It's become one of my favorite game series of all time. 

As for my favorite game in the series, nothing can top Genealogy of the Holy War (and as my name suggests, I love Paladins!). Of all the Fire Emblem games I've played, this tends to be the one I love to come back to and replay time and time again. I love the giant maps and the whole feeling of engaging in a war across countries. The story is by far the best out of any of the games I've played and even with multiple replays, I still find it fascinating. I'm hoping it gets a remake in the future much like Gaiden had with FE Echoes, and a possible Thracia 776 remake as well. 

14 minutes ago, Wanderer-Of-Fates said:

Hey GoldPaladin, nice to meet you! I'm new here too after lurking around for a few years. I would totally buy remakes of those games btw.

Hi, thanks for the nice welcome. :D:

Yes, it's my dream to see the Jugdral games get a remake like Gaiden received last year. I'm curious what the spirtes would look like, or fully new orchestrated soundtracks. 

8 minutes ago, GoldPaladin said:

Hi, thanks for the nice welcome. :D:

Yes, it's my dream to see the Jugdral games get a remake like Gaiden received last year. I'm curious what the spirtes would look like, or fully new orchestrated soundtracks. 

No problem! 

Yeah, the updated graphical and orchesteral stuff in SoV was really cool to see. Seeing the Jugdral games get that same treatment would be pretty neat. I also really like the fire emblem sprites for characters so I would be curious too what they would look like, and getting updated fire emblem music is always awesome.

Welcome aboard, and I do agree! Paladins are awesome! Do hope you enjoy your time here!

41 minutes ago, GoldPaladin said:

I played Fates when it first came out and was a bit disappointed by it as a whole

Sorry to hear that. I personally loved Fates!  But I wouldn't be surprised if you played Birthright or Revalations.  Heard those games were easy.  Play Conquest!  That game rules.  And if you're up for it, try your hand at Conquest Lunatic!  And if you're even more masochistic than that, play Conquest Lunatic using captured units! Mwahahaha!!!

Yo @Levant Mir Celestia! Got another one! Let's welcome him together!

2 minutes ago, anniec8711 said:

Welcome aboard, and I do agree! Paladins are awesome! Do hope you enjoy your time here!

Sorry to hear that. I personally loved Fates!  But I wouldn't be surprised if you played Birthright or Revalations.  Heard those games were easy.  Play Conquest!  That game rules.  And if you're up for it, try your hand at Conquest Lunatic!  And if you're even more masochistic than that, play Conquest Lunatic using captured units! Mwahahaha!!!

Man, Conquest lunatic with captured units?- your skilled :D. I tried awakening lunatic and I couldn't get past "unwelcome change"! Maybe one day!

24 minutes ago, anniec8711 said:

Conquest was a lot of fun despite how weak I found the story. As much as I found Fates disappointing in story, I did enjoy the gameplay of both Birthright and Conquest. I played Birthright first and it was really only my 2nd FE game. It was a good bridging gap as I was still used to Awakening's style. I liked Conquest better and didn't play it until I had gained experience from the GBA and SNES style games. There's lots of good things they did and Conquest had some of the best maps I've played so far in the series. I really wish Xander and Ryoma could've been Lord units. Would've been really cool to have Xander as our first mounted Lord since Sigurd, as I loved him as a unit. 

Thank you for the friendly welcome, truly happy to be here!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice! Welcome! My favorite is Shadows of Valentia since its the first that  ever owned, not played as im not sure which it was that I played before but yeah it's prettty cool, I haven't played Awakening at all! Except the first map, but that one comes from a Fates Extra of sorts. anyway, have fun in this community!