Will be gone for a few days in Mourning. (I've returned)

Jedi

I've recently (as in the last hour), have learned a very good friend of 11 years has passed away, the details I will not share here. 

Don't expect to see me here for a bit a least a week, @Elieson you're gonna have to cover the FE:W stuff if it happens while i'm away.

Edited by Jedi

8 hours ago, Jedi said:

I've recently (as in the last hour), have learned a very good friend of 11 years has passed away, the details I will not share here. 

Don't expect to see me here for a bit a least a week, @Elieson you're gonna have to cover the FE:W stuff if it happens while i'm away.

Take your time man, I got your back until you get back

I'm so sorry to hear that, Jedi. :( My condolences. But you do what you need to and take as much time as you need! When my brother died, I did the same.

I feel a bit bad that I left your FEW chat now...

An update (first of all thank you all). I'm doing slightly better but learning exactly how he was killed was another massive gut punch...

I again won't share it here the details are a bit too grizzly for a place like this.

Me and the rest of my old group, a group of around 15 to 20 fellow forum mates of all of which have known each other for 11 years and consider each other inseparable family. Had to pay our tearful respects... we're still trying to best figure out how to honor him, besides remembering the good times and remembering how gentle and sweet a person he was... he was only a year older than me... he had his whole life ahead of him.

Honestly I might need more than a week.

Edited by Jedi

13 minutes ago, Jedi said:

An update (first of all thank you all). I'm doing slightly better but learning exactly how he was killed was another massive gut punch...

I again won't share it here the details are a bit too grizzly for a place like this.

Me and the rest of my old group, a group of around 15 to 20 fellow forum mates of all of which have known each other for 11 years and consider each other inseparable family. Had to pay our tearful respects... we're still trying to best figure out how to honor him, besides remembering the good times and remembering how gentle and sweet a person he was... he was only a year older than me... he had his whole life ahead of him.

Oh my god, that sound horrible. I'm sorry that all I can offer are my condolences. 

Dude take as much time as you need.

58 minutes ago, Jedi said:

My condolences, Jedi. Take all the time you need and take care- you and your friends. 

11 hours ago, Jedi said:

Come back home when you're ready, son. You know what you have to do; find out what is right, then do it. We'll hold the fort until you're set.

On 3/17/2018 at 12:24 PM, Jedi said:

Oh no... Sounds like it was sudden, much like my brother. He had his whole life ahead of him too. I'm so sorry, Jedi. :(

But I know what you're going through, and it'll be hard for awhile. I know. I mean, the seven stages of grief and all. But if you need to, it's perfectly okay to stay away as long as you need or seek counseling or talk to people you're close to and anything else. I was seeing a counselor myself for awhile after my brother happened.

Also, since I can relate, you're free to talk to me whenever too. It may even help both of us, even though it's been two and a half years in my case. I'll even come back to the FE Warriors SF Discord if you want and we could talk there.

Edited by Anacybele

13 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh no... Sounds like it was sudden, much like my brother. He had his whole life ahead of him too. I'm so sorry, Jedi. :(

But I know what you're going through, and it'll be hard for awhile. I know. I mean, the seven stages of grief and all. But if you need to, it's perfectly okay to stay away as long as you need or seek counseling or talk to people you're close to and anything else. I was seeing a counselor myself for awhile after my brother happened.

Also, since I can relate, you're free to talk to me whenever too. It may even help both of us, even though it's been two and a half years in my case. I'll even come back to the FE Warriors SF Discord if you want and we could talk there.

Thank you. But I think I've come to grips with it now. 

He wouldn't want me to drown in sorrow, and over the past day and talking with fellow pals who knew him from my old Myffnet group, its made the transition easier, the pain I feel is great still but I don't feel quite as downtroden. 

I believe I can come back now, earlier than expected, I feel rejuvinated, and that he'd want me to push forward. 

Part of the coping was this 

His killers were found and arrested, this gave some closure at the very least.

7 hours ago, Jedi said:

He wouldn't want me to drown in sorrow, and over the past day and talking with fellow pals who knew him from my old Myffnet group, its made the transition easier, the pain I feel is great still but I don't feel quite as downtroden. 

I believe I can come back now, earlier than expected, I feel rejuvinated, and that he'd want me to push forward. 

I'm glad to hear that, closure is important.

9 hours ago, Jedi said:

Wow, that's awful, that he was murdered like that! I'm so very sorry... My brother's situation wasn't even quite that bad (it was a suicide. Though the person that influenced him to do that might as well have pulled the gun's trigger). Though we never got closure since...well, it's kind of hard to arrest someone that's several states away from the scene. But I'm happy you did!

And yes, I always said the same thing about my brother, that he wouldn't want us to drown in sorrow either. That's a good thought. Your friend wouldn't want you and your other friends to do that either. It's also always good to talk to people when you need to though, no matter what.

And even if you feel you can come back now, don't hesitate to take more breaks in the future or still seek counseling or something. I know I did and I had to. I was the one that found my brother after he'd done what he did. So the images haunted me for awhile. And once I woke up in the middle of the night to what I believed was him calling out to me. You may have an experience like that too, but I think it's not an unusual thing. I was scared, and you might be too. But as I said, anything like this happens, you can always talk to people, try to do something you enjoy to take your mind off things, or even do something therapeutic. I got back into coloring and jigsaw puzzles, things I once loved years before. Maybe you have something like that that you could find enjoyment from again.

Just some advice from someone who went through a similar experience. You don't have to follow it if you don't want to. But good luck and I'm glad you feel better quicker than you thought, Jedi!