Toys R Us is closing. Get your video games 40% off while you can!

Ronnie

44 minutes ago, Elieson said:

online or instore?

So far only the stores that say closing have these sales.

31 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I plan on stopping by this weekend.  I still need to pick up Super Mario Odyssey and this looks like a good chance.  

Sorry to burst your bubbles but the Nintendo exclusive Switch games are excluded from the sales. Stuff like Mario, Zelda, and FE Warriors. Minor games like Nights of Azure 2 are on sale though.

@Ronnie OK too bad, I still plan on stopping by since there are somethings I plan on looking for that might be on sale.  

45 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I wonder if the overseas Toys R Uses are closing too... I haven't heard anything yet. I used to go there to get plastic models.

From what I have heard they are closing all stores, even the ones overseas.

Edited by EricaofRenais

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ah... I guess I won't be back before they do close.

They plan on doing it over two months and the stores that had good sales over the past year they are trying to sell.  The store in your area might stay open for a bit if you are lucky.

3 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

They plan on doing it over two months and the stores that had good sales over the past year they are trying to sell.  The store in your area might stay open for a bit if you are lucky.

I won't be back for another three months, but I guess the latter can still happen.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I won't be back for another three months, but I guess the latter can still happen.

Yeah then it might be hard, but maybe you will get lucky.  I have only read about when the US stores will close so You might want to see if there is anything in the news about what is going to happen in your country.

10 hours ago, Hero_Lucina said:

I heard only US and UK

Yeah the Canadian division isn't closing yet and they apparently run automonously but because the US Toys R US are closing, the Toys R Us Canada is looking for a new owner and buyer.

MGA the company that owns the bratz series is looking to buy Canada's Toys R Us.   Although I personally doubt this would last long given the current market.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/toys-r-us-canada-1.4577484

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/toys-r-us-continues-normal-business-operations-across-canada-676957683.html

The last time I heard, the Japanese divisions are still remaining open too. Which will probably make Toys R Us yet another former US chain which still have stores in Japan but no longer in the US, like Lawson and Mister Dounut.

EDIT: The Australian stores are remaining open as well.

Edited by henrymidfields

• 2 weeks later...

Remember that Toys R Us has been found to jacked up the price of Yugioh related stuff then added a discount over them. Yugioh fans are boycotting TRU. Yugioh packs in Toys R Us is currently more expensive than other places. I dont know about video game or so, but stay calm and look around for the best deal for yourself.

Edited by Magical CC