Who should be the next soundtrack composer?

Guest Dreamyboi

Guest Dreamyboi

Who should compose/direct the soundtrack for a future Fire Emblem game? My personal pick would be Nier Automata's Keiichi Okabe.

ACE+ and Yasunori Mitsuda, the guys behind the music of Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, with Mitsuda doing work for Xenogears' soundtrack as well. The -blade branch of the Xeno series has the best music in the series and it also has the best music out of any Nintendo franchise. A soundtrack of that tier in a Fire Emblem game would be music to my ears (heh).

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

ACE+ and Yasunori Mitsuda, the guys behind the music of Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, with Mitsuda doing work for Xenogears' soundtrack as well. The -blade branch of the Xeno series has the best music in the series and it also has the best music out of any Nintendo franchise. A soundtrack of that tier in a Fire Emblem game would be music to my ears (heh).

Mitsuda is pretty much my dream composer for any game. Between him and Uematsu, it'd be damn hard to pick who would be the absolute best composer. That said, I think Mitsuda was way better back when he was doing Chrono Trigger(Oddly enough, a collaborative effort with Mitsuda and Uematsu), Xenogears and Chrono Cross than he is currently. He experimented a lot more, which, IMO, let more of his personality come out.

He seems to be less inventive nowadays where he seems to just go back to screeching guitars, choirs and traditional instrumentation. Which... as a guitarist, I get, but I preferred the WEIRD stuff he did back in the day.

So let's say Square-era Mitsuda is who should be the next FE composer.

Edited by Slumber

19 hours ago, Armagon said:

I was thinking the same thing!

But, I'd also like to see Koji Kondo try his hand at Fire Emblem.

Can I be the weird one and say Revo? I loved his work in Bravely Default, and though good, Bravely Second's soundtrack wasn't on the same level as Defaults. Also another choice of mine at the moment would be Yasunori Nishiki, the composer working on the Octopath Traveler soundtrack. As much as I Xenoblade's OST, I feel that style doesn't fit Fire Emblem. Revo could be denied by that same logic but if this man somehow got an accordian to fit into an JRPG then he has my trust. Problem is he may never work on another game due to him working in his own company and due to that he didn't compose Bravely Second so it's unknown if he'll ever work on a game again. Nishiki is new and upcoming but so far they seem to be doing a good job and after Octopath it'd be nice to see what else they can do.

23 hours ago, Armagon said:

Don't forget is masterful work on Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross.  Yeah Yasunori Mitsuda is in that top tier of game composers and his style seems like it would be a great fit for Fire Emblem.