Bound Hero Battle: The Shepherds (Chrom & Lissa)

SatsumaFSoysoy

Cleared Normal and Hard with 2 Ikes (B+L), a Lyn (Bridal) and a Neph Neph. Mostly by starting tanking with B!Ike, then having L!Ike take his place and near solo the map. Hard took a few retires to be honest.

Infernal will take some thinking, B!Ike could barely tank the mage and got 1-rounded without a speed boost in Hard. Flier emblem might do it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armor squad (Zelphiel (no refine), Halloween Henry, Valentine Lyn, Valentine Hector) made short work , though it did get pretty close to the finish at the end.

I think at some point, these infenral healers are going to start having refined staves and then everything is going to go directly to hell.

Well armor emblem team of BK+2, H!Henry, C!Chrom and C!Robin smashed hard and lunatic, but I needed to use a F2P guide for infernal since I was being lazy.  The guide used L!Ike, Olivia, Gordin and Raigh with L!Ike and Gordin doing the killing while Raigh baited Chrom and the blue Peg knight into going right and Olivia danced when needed.  This BHB was pretty simple.

A team of:

• 5* Ike: Vanguard Legend (neutral): Ragnell, Radiant Aether, Warding Breath, Seal Atk/Def 2, Def Tactic 3, Quick Riposte 3 Seal
  • 4* Olivia (neutral): Silver Sword, Dance, Knock Back, Hone Atk 3, Spur Def 1 Seal
  • 4* Narcian (neutral): Emerald Axe, Vengeance, Lancebreaker 3, Savage Blow 2
  • 4* Wrys (neutral): Slow, Rehabilitate, Imbue, Live to Serve 2, Drive Def 1 Seal

Cleared Infernal. Quick Riposte 1 would have worked for Ike, if I could equip lower-level variants of seals.

Spoiler

Narcian bait is best bait.

This map is horrible. Too many walls and trees everywhere and then Lissa just makes it worse with her staff slowing you down. I have better things to do than deal with this BS. At least I cleared hard. I recommend people stay away from this BHB unless you have a lot of hard counters or something, it just wastes your stamina otherwise.

Do not try to help me. I don't want help since I'm ignoring lunatic and infernal. I'm saying this because it seems like every time I make a post like this, people throw criticism/advice/questions at me that I did not ask for or wanted.

I wish IS wouldn't lock so many free orbs behind crap like this though.

Edited by Anacybele

Not related to the difficulty, but I noticed Chrom saying "without you-know-who, we don't have a strategy".

...How did the Shepherds get by before Robin?! :P Unless they had some sorta average nameless tactician who wasn't there either.

map was so easy i almost didn't even want to do a video but i did it for completionist sakes

free vike with like qr2 can probably do ryoma's job or something

Edited by Thor Odinson

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

This map is horrible. Too many walls and trees everywhere and then Lissa just makes it worse with her staff slowing you down. I have better things to do than deal with this BS. At least I cleared hard. I recommend people stay away from this BHB unless you have a lot of hard counters or something, it just wastes your stamina otherwise.

Do not try to help me. I don't want help since I'm ignoring lunatic and infernal. I'm saying this because it seems like every time I make a post like this, people throw criticism/advice/questions at me that I did not ask for or wanted.

I wish IS wouldn't lock so many free orbs behind crap like this though.

Agreed - my Main Account Base Team of Roy, Delthea, B-Ike and Sakura dealt with the two lower levels easy enough, in part because Roy tanks Green Mages and laughs, especially if you equip Triangle Adept like I never do, and because Delthea absolutely obliterates Chrom, but Infernal is obnoxious and I don't have most of the stuff everyone's saying they used, at least not on my Main Account. My Alt has 5S Rein and Grima, though, because my Alt Account pulls all the good stuff, so that should be fun. In the end, though, BHBs are by far my least favorite mode in the whole game, possible exception Voting Gauntlets because everyone is so ridiculously salty.

8 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Agreed - my Main Account Base Team of Roy, Delthea, B-Ike and Sakura dealt with the two lower levels easy enough, in part because Roy tanks Green Mages and laughs, especially if you equip Triangle Adept like I never do, and because Delthea absolutely obliterates Chrom, but Infernal is obnoxious and I don't have most of the stuff everyone's saying they used, at least not on my Main Account. My Alt has 5S Rein and Grima, though, because my Alt Account pulls all the good stuff, so that should be fun. In the end, though, BHBs are by far my least favorite mode in the whole game, possible exception Voting Gauntlets because everyone is so ridiculously salty.

Yeah, and I have a merged +Atk Reinhardt and I still have trouble. Though I was trying lunatic, not infernal... I also admit I'm not an expert player though. I wish I could be better, but I'm always going to have trouble with things like reading the AI. I just can't wrap my head around it.

59 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

map was so easy i almost didn't even want to do a video but i did it for completionist sakes

free vike with like qr2 can probably do ryoma's job or something

Hey, I have all of those units... (I use Azura as my main dancer, not Olivia, but that doesn't matter since Olivia does nothing but dance here) Though my Ryoma is definitely not on the level of yours. Maybe if I swapped him for RD Ike, this video actually might work for me. I would still like those orbs...

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hey, I have all of those units... (I use Azura as my main dancer, not Olivia, but that doesn't matter since Olivia does nothing but dance here) Though my Ryoma is definitely not on the level of yours. Maybe if I swapped him for RD Ike, this video actually might work for me. I would still like those orbs...

Vike should be pretty good here, he even has a breath skill for free to charge those Aethers.

QR seal or QR2 in his B should be good enough.

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Vike should be pretty good here, he even has a breath skill for free to charge those Aethers.

QR seal or QR2 in his B should be good enough.

Yep, he has the QR seal and it's upgraded all the way (I did that specifically for him, in fact). I guess it could work then!

I do one day want a Ryoma as good as yours though! I've just been blocked by a wall called -Spd all this time. -_-

Another map falls to my fliers. S!Corrin showed her worth this map, killing a majority of units, while H!Nowi killed the greens. F!Morgan just did general tanking, and Airzura did dance support. Flying mages are best mages

...RD Ike can't survive the lance Peg at all, not even on lunatic. I don't get how that Ryoma does then. Or maybe RD Ike isn't good (he does get doubled a lot, even without being -Spd).

I knew I shouldn't have decided to trust a video. They never worked for me anyway because either I didn't have the same units or the enemies behaved differently if I did.

That said, I found a way to beat lunatic anyway. But I probably should still ignore infernal. I somehow don't have the right units or skills.

EDIT: ...And somehow I cleared infernal too. On my own. With the same team of RD Ike, Reinhardt, Nino, and Inigo (I changed my mind about going with Azura). Though Nino didn't do anything. It was just Ike and Rein doing pretty much all the work. o_O

I guess I underestimate myself. Or something...

Edited by Anacybele

Someone said Reinhardt pretty much clears the map with a little help. 

I dislike BHBs so I just used Reinhardt. Added a Cupid Roy, a Shigure and a Gerome initially for Lunatic and did clear it, but just by the skin of my teeth. Reinhardt started the ball rolling, while Gerome and Cupid Roy just cleared the last little pieces up. 

For the next one, Infernal, I decided a Sanaki with Axebreaker was probably more pertinent than a Cupid Roy. I was right. Reinhardt deleted the lancer and the Chrom, while Sanaki and Gerome deleted everything else, with the help of a Shigure again. Sanaki did most of the work, and probably could have done it all with the healers, but it was getting boring, so I had Gerome come in to finish them :) 

Edited by Cute Chao

You know, after my horse clear, I was wondering how would my main squad do here.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-03-18-15-39-10.thumb.png.682d363d767cdbc82c871c673bb12def.png

They won

Edited by Zero1000
Spoilered the image to take less space

I got lazy this time, so I didn't bother figuring out how to finagle Infernal with my usual all-infantry, no-dancer setup. Went with Brave Lyn, Elincia and two support units in the form of Michalis and Genny.

1. B!Lyn: Present to kill the healer and chip at Chrom.
  2. Elincia: Flying Reposition, as well as butchering the axe cavalier.
  3. Michalis: Flying Reposition, killing the lance peg, providing Goad Fliers for Elincia.
  4. Genny: Hone Atk 3 and killing Chrom with that glorious Wrathful Staff. Probably should have been a blue mage, but whatever.

The recent GHBs and BHBs have made me appreciate Elincia and Amiti so much more. 54 base Atk with DB3, potential Goad Flier spam, flying Reposition, she's fantastic.

11 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@Zeo Another solid clear. This BHB wasn't as tough as some of the ones we've had in the past. And thank the gods it wasn't as bad as Takumi's GHB. *shudders* I'm not looking forward to that rerun ever again.... I love how you just threw Matthew into the fray and he handled everything. Love the team's synergy. Love the Matthew. As always. ^^ Also that's Awakening music in the beginning, right? I've been replaying the game and it sounds familiar. Last time I played Awakening, I was still kind of a tyke, so most of my video game time was done hiding underneath my covers with the sound off so my parents couldn't complain about how much of my life I was wasting. XD So now it's like I'm playing the game for the first time with actual sound. XD

Throwing Matthew at the problem is generally my first strategy on maps like this where the units are clustered together. Makes them ripe for that delicious 11-14 damage reduction to all my units. Also pretty much all the music in this video is from Awakening except the music that played during Ayra vs Chrom (Which is a theme from Fate/Zero). The rock theme was also from Awakening, but it was a variant of it from Fire Emblem Warriors. I go for what suits the atmosphere in these videos when it comes to music, but sometimes I like to stick to the theme and Awakening, despite me never playing it, has some pretty solid music.

@DarkLordIvy Much thanks! Closest thing to that was probably the last BHB with Corrin and Azura. That only took one try as well. I more or less knew what I was going to do though. Only thing that threw me off was that I didn't expect the blue mage to attack Inigo and for Azura to attack Matthew instead of Ayra. Both those things worked out for the better though.

Edited by Zeo

Finished this one last night with the dragon kindergarten (with Myrrh instead of Fae), though I had Bride Cordelia chaperone them instead of Ninian.

I'll run Peri through them later.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I guess I underestimate myself. Or something...

This is kind of why people keep trying to help. You can do it. You just underestimate yourself, give up too quickly, and then resort to complaining.

Edited by Ice Dragon

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This is kind of why people keep trying to help. You can do it. You just underestimate yourself, give up too quickly, and then resort to complaining.

Well, I'm not one that likes spending so much time trying to clear one challenge in a game, truth be told. And sometimes I feel I should criticize/complain. But if I do it too much, sorry about that. I don't mean to annoy anyone.

@Zeo thanks for tagging! Nice job.

This BHB was terribly easy, I did it with my Arena team:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180318-203650.png

Screenshot_20180318-203659.png

Screenshot_20180318-203706.png

Screenshot_20180318-203713.png

The clear was prettt straight forward, but involved tanking stuff with Micaiah and stealing tactics with Morgan.

Morgan goes to the bush and Repositions Miccy, she moves right to tank cleric and lure the enemies. Morgan doubles the cleric to play debuff games, Chrom repos him and Gunnthrá deletes the peg, Miccy sacriheals her. Green mage attacks miccy but she tanks him while the clerics hit gravity. Next turn, Miccy Glacies the mage, Chrom repos her (to tank the brave axe cav), Gunnthrá deletes the cleric and Morgan repos her. Next turn, Morgan deletes Chrom with a Dragon Fang proc and then the team gang on Lissa.