Special Heroes Coming! Spring Festival Vol. 2 - From March 22nd! (Now with VIDEO: Sharena, Alfonse, Catria, Kagero)

Coolmanio

Oooh... A new hero? Interesting. I actually wonder if they'd introduce Felicia and Flora? It seems like an odd way to introduce Flora, but I mean...Bridal Charlotte was a thing. So Bunny Flora doesn't seem too out of the box.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, r_n said:

I don't think the notice is necessarily saying a new character ala Inigo, Shigure or Charlotte will appear. The singular phrasing is odd, but otherwise it just seems like they're saying new stuff is coming on the 22nd. 

That would make Feh's quote a bit odd though:

"Do you think the hero could be an owl? Look forward to the start of the summoning event!"

Sounds singular with that wording, but it could be a mistranslation.
Does anyone have the notice in another language and can help shed some more light on this?

Edit: I checked in French and German, and both languages also refer to a singular hero in the notification.
Edited by Tactician_Iris
Checked the notification in French and German

I honestly have no clue who the units could be. Seems likely we'll get a non-Awakefates game based on last banner, but otherwise the little string of hair on the left character seems like the best clue, and even then I still dunno.

So who do you think the new character is? 

Panne or Yarne make sense considering they're rabbits. Being seasonals would also put them in the  game before the shapeshifting mechanic is implemented (or expanded if you count the dragons). Thing is, I'm seeing Serra and Sharena, so I've no idea if there'll be any Awakening units at all.

Give me bunny!Cynthia.

I can't tell if this new character thing is a mistranslation or not.

Here's the Japanese announcement:

超英雄さんが登場するそうです

2018/3/22 2:00から、新しい超英雄さんが登場するそうです!

フクロウの超英雄さんではなさそうですね?召喚イベントの開始を楽しみにお待ちください~♪

That translates, as best as I can tell, as:

It looks like Special Heroes will appear

Starting March 22, 2018, it seems new Special Heroes will appear!

Could the Special Heroes possibly be owls? Please look forward to the start of the summoning event!

Based on the choice of words, it looks to be spoken by Feh.

The one thing is I can't tell if "Heroes" is meant to be singular or plural. In the Feh Channel broadcasts, I think Feh normally adds the -tachi suffix to indicate more than one hero, but the title doesn't make sense to be singular. "It looks like a Special Hero will appear" for the title doesn't make sense at all.

Either way, I see nothing that would hint at a new character.

31 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Why are you so insistent about the Lucina thing anyway? She only had one seasonal.

I do this for every limited banner. Pay me no mind.

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Shh shh shh...

Let me dream.

Of course, if it's Panne, then she'll just clog up a slot.

In which case, don't let me dream.

7 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Well that is disappointing, was looking forward to who the brand new character would be.  

It may well be a mistranslation, or it simply reveals more information than the Japanese tweet. I mean, wouldn't the guys in charge of the localization know what characters will be revaled in advance? Especially when there are only two more days until the next trailer.

@Sunwoo The damned idiot hair has given some the impression that it might be Leo on the left.. Although the uh rear part does give me doubts, I wouldn't put it past Intsys to design him like that for maximum fanservice appeal (given that his fanbase is largely female). I'm already prepping to silence my twitter feed for the better part of a month. 

If they are still going with the two games divide, the one on the right might be Tiki. I'd been hoping for her younger version to finally get an alt, but the right one looks too adult for that.

3 minutes ago, Nanima said:

@Sunwoo The damned idiot hair has given some the impression that it might be Leo on the left.. Although the uh rear part does give me doubts, I wouldn't put it past Intsys to design him like that for maximum fanservice appeal (given that his fanbase is largely female). I'm already prepping to silence my twitter feed for the better part of a month. 

The more I look at the silhouette, the less I'm starting to think it's Leo. It's really only that "idiot hair". Still, I really hope it's not him, or any of the Nohrian royals. Also, I thought that was part of a cape! XD

Part of me hopes it's Hinoka on the left for some reason. Either that's a guy or a short haired girl. The darn bunny ears makes guessing so hard.

the right looks like Felicia but I wouldn't say no to Oboro as someone mentioned.

that said I feel Hinoka and Oboro would be better for Hoshidan New Year 2 or something, but that's too long of a wait.

i wonder if old Spring units ate either rerun or available in the 'normal' 5 star pool for this banner. Still need that green mage flier

41 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Here's the Japanese announcement:

超英雄さんが登場するそうです

2018/3/22 2:00から、新しい超英雄さんが登場するそうです!

フクロウの超英雄さんではなさそうですね?召喚イベントの開始を楽しみにお待ちください~♪

That translates, as best as I can tell, as:

It looks like Special Heroes will appear

Starting March 22, 2018, it seems new Special Heroes will appear!

Could the Special Heroes possibly be owls? Please look forward to the start of the summoning event!

Based on the choice of words, it looks to be spoken by Feh.

The one thing is I can't tell if "Heroes" is meant to be singular or plural. In the Feh Channel broadcasts, I think Feh normally adds the -tachi suffix to indicate more than one hero, but the title doesn't make sense to be singular. "It looks like a Special Hero will appear" for the title doesn't make sense at all.

Either way, I see nothing that would hint at a new character.

Makes me curious if there's usually been a -tachi suffix on the tease notifications previously?

It's odd they'd get it wrong now though, since the same team has been translating the game for over a year (and similarly worded headlines 9 times before).

Then again the English notification for L!Ephraim's reappearance in April was wrong. So maybe not so odd. Curiously, the French one was right that time.
Hm. Je ne sais pas. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

At any rate, the 22nd holds the answer.
Edited by Tactician_Iris

Please be Archaneans, I don't care who just please be from Archanea.

Honestly, the one with idiot hair reminds me a bit of Ricken. I think he had a little hair flick.

3 minutes ago, Lau said:

Honestly, the one with idiot hair reminds me a bit of Ricken. I think he had a little hair flick.

So does Klein, and it's about the same size, unlike Nah's which is much bigger.

Well, as best as I can tell, the one on the right is definitely the character's damaged art. They're also holding (well, letting go of) an egg, so maybe we'll finally get Red Egg+. Or maybe that's the colorless rock we've been expecting, but probably not.

The one on the left looks like attacking art, but we only see a small bit of the weapon's handle, so I don't think it's quite possible to tell what it is right now other than that it's not a bow, dagger, or dragonstone.

Nothing suggests they aren't all Lucina.

I think it's Sharena on the right. Might not be, but the braid and side hair do look similar
Though there are claims for Felicia due to the high ponytail
Now that they're going rehashing ideas there's hope for bride Silque

Edited by silveraura25

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Previous seasonal banners had always (except Nohrian Summer?) unique weapon/movement type combinations, I wonder if we'll get a flying colorless unit (no armor please). 

Bridal Blessings also did not (lance infantry, bow infantry, blue tome infantry, staff infantry).

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Previous seasonal banners had always (except Nohrian Summer?) unique weapon/movement type combinations, I wonder if we'll get a flying colorless unit (no armor please). 

Armored staff. IS loves their seasonal armours lately :P

Wary Fighter Armored Azama when?

Ooooh, I'm so curious to see who it is!  I'll have 200ish orbs saved up by the time the banner drops, so I'll be ready for it!  Hopefully that will be enough orbs to pull one I want.  :]

I wouldn't complain if it's Fateswakening since those are my favourite FE games, haha.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Bridal Blessings also did not (lance infantry, bow infantry, blue tome infantry, staff infantry).

True, that banner had other means of powercreep. Also the summer banner without that combination was Ylissean summer. The Halloween banner made up for this though. 

• Spring:
    • First flying tome (still the only green tome flyer)
  • Brides: 
    • No new weapon/movement type combination
  • Ylissean summer: 
    • No new weapon/movement type combination
  • Nohrian summer:
    • First flying blue tome. 
  • Halloween:
    • First flying red tome (still unique)
    • First armor archer (still unique)
    • First armor mage (still the only green armor mage)
  • Winter:
    • First armor red mage (still unique)
  • New Year:
    • First flying Dancer (still unique, but no new weapon/movement type combination)
  • Lovely stuff: 
    • First armor blue mage (still unique)
3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Armored staff. IS loves their seasonal armours lately :P

Wary Fighter Armored Azama when?

Please no, I've had enough armors for a while.