Special Heroes Coming! Spring Festival Vol. 2 - From March 22nd! (Now with VIDEO: Sharena, Alfonse, Catria, Kagero)

Coolmanio

The only unit interesting to me is Kagero due to her being a dagger flier and being in possession of the dagger equivalent of the Wo Dao+ sword though Sharena and Catria do have very cute designs!

BTW, Kagero's weapon reminded me of this:

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

I didn't say it didn't fit Zenith, just that it's random to have on a spring banner, as that's generally rabbits and overall more cheerful stuff.  Ravens are generally associated with darkness, not cheer.

I mean, given the superficial way FE treats mythology generally, the connection is probably just that ravens are birds, birds have eggs, eggs mean Easter. Nothing deeper than that.

Edited by Humanoid

Wow, Sharena looks good (Muninn's Egg looks nice, Swift Stance is alright, and RES Tactic is something I don't have right now), and Alfonse is neat too (Wo Dao axe is cool, and DEF Smoke is something I never thought I'd see but am happy to see... Might give it to M!Morgan if I get two of him, so Morgan can drop 3 stats at once with Grima's Truth). Hope I pull one of them.

And Kagero on a pegasus is unexpected, but I still like it. Her dagger's basically a Wo Dao dagger, which is nice, but not something I have any use for. I wouldn't mind pulling her, though I won't be trying for her specifically.

Catria's the one I'm least excited for, but I still wouldn't mind getting her, if only for the combination of Chill RES and her weapon's effect being pretty nice.

Welp, I'm pulling on this banner, though only until I get a focus unit (preferably Alfonse or Sharena, hopefully I'll have better luck than I did when I went for Lissa/Chrom on the Winter's Envoy banner). And then I'll see what the end-of-month Legendary banner has (plz not Inigo/Young Tiki, I wanna have Orbs left for Thracia).

6 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I mean, given the superficial way FE treats mythology generally, the connection is probably just that ravens are birds, birds have eggs, eggs mean Easter. Nothing deeper than that.

I found it interesting that they used carnaval music when it already passed. I would have preferred a legit carnaval costume. Same fanservice different tune.

27 minutes ago, Florete said:

Will probably pull for Kagero, though. I think her boobs got bigger.

Probably because the bunny suit offers no support. Her normal damaged art has her in a similar pose as her attacking art here, and any difference in apparent size can pretty much be explained away by the outfit.

6 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Ahh, I knew you didn't like seasonals, but I thought Sharena might tempt you!  You have good self-control. :^_^:

Don’t get me wrong, Spring Sharena is adorable, and I like Kozaki’s art a whole lot, but I’d prefer the actual Sharena who’s in the story to get some love.

Heh, Sharena did get to dress like a bunny and somehow got Alphonse to join in. I really like their art at any rate (and seeing Kozaki return for FEH made my day) 

Meanwhile, Anna is off...saving her seasonal debut for a theme that she thinks will bring more cha-ching than spring...?

Well, joking remark aside, I think seasonal Anna is bound to happen at some point. 

My gut says it'll be a Summer Banner.

Anyhoo...Alphonse would fit nicely for Horse Emblem so I hope I'll get him. As for the others, Sharena is another Green Mage, while not a necessary one for my purposes but...hey, it's Sharena - Askr's very own bundle of sunshine so I won't mind getting her. Then there's Catria and Kagero. I'm largely neutral on Catria, but it's nice to see SD getting more love in general. And finally, there's Kagero...she is probably my most wanted one in this set because she's one of my Hoshidan favourites, and fun looking Dagger Flier shenanigans. Mhm fun indeed.

51 minutes ago, r_n said:

Also see? No new charlote-esque hero like people were thinking based on the text

I do see ;)

Looks like NoA/NoE need to re-review their information before publishing notifications. Still odd they got it wrong in at least three languages.

Edit: Oops sorry for the large text in the post - my phone refuses to co-operate when copy/pasting text for some reason. It won't allow me to change the font size after pasting either.
Edited by Tactician_Iris
Sorry for the large font

@Anacybele The reason why Anna isn't in this banner is probably because she's being saved for the brides banner. She got the bouquet last year in the bride paralogue just like how Sharena was mentioned being put in a bunny costume at the end of the spring paralogue so there's a possibility she'll be in it.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

@Anacybele The reason why Anna isn't in this banner is probably because she's being saved for the brides banner. She got the bouquet last year in the bride paralogue just like how Sharena was mentioned being put in a bunny costume at the end of the spring paralogue so there's a possibility she'll be in it.

I'm aware now. That was mentioned earlier. xP

Catria's weapon isn't all that amazing and I can get L'arachel in the summoning pool. Will try to get Sharena and Kagero, but Alphonse will get in the way

Edited by silveraura25

God dammit we'll never get an Alfonse and Sharena buff now with these two!

Also, while Alfonse, Catria and Sharena might tempt me (Sharena and Catria have a personal debuffing egg, Sharena also has one of the stances and Alfonse has a Wo Dao spoon and Def Smoke (ABOUT TIME)), at this point I'd need to know their stat spreads first. Kagero might be worth it regardless though, dagger flier with Wo Dao carrot and Spd/Res bond is the best meme.

Least the siblings share a colour for those who want both.

Not a high priority banner, but I might shoot for Kagero after we see the stat spreads.

Sharena's design looks way too cute...they really did it with the droppy rabbit ears. On the other hand, the Wo Dao effect on the other two weapons is pretty tempting.

Probably gonna do the thing I always do, pass out and end up regretting it last-minute. :awesome:

It's kinda funny how Kagerou got an alt before her own liege. (and his sister) I guess fanservice trumps popularity every time. Not that I am complaining since it's a Hoshidan unit regardless. That makes 3 to 8 with the Nohrians (counting the Corrins, Azura and Shigure as neutral). Slow... improvement...

I'll try a little for Kagerou, but it won't be the end of the world if I don't get her. Sharena is tempting but shares a colour, so I'll refrain. My luck is terrible with those.

18 minutes ago, Nanima said:

It's kinda funny how Kagerou got an alt before her own liege. (and his sister) I guess fanservice trumps popularity every time. Not that I am complaining since it's a Hoshidan unit regardless. That makes 3 to 8 with the Nohrians (counting the Corrins, Azura and Shigure as neutral). Slow... improvement...

I'll try a little for Kagerou, but it won't be the end of the world if I don't get her. Sharena is tempting but shares a colour, so I'll refrain. My luck is terrible with those.

I mean, at least it's a Hoshidan this time but it's utterly ridiculous how they passed up on Takumi being a dagger flier on New Years, despite both Azura and Camilla being flying units and Takumi's base class having kinshi, while Kagero gets to be a dagger flier for no damn reason. I can't help but be mad about this.

I'm gonna have to pray my orbs will be enough for both Kagero and Catria. I'm regretting pulling for Morgan even more now. I'm not a Cav fan but can't pass up a special Catria. And aside from the fanservice, Kagero will be a cool new type of flier to have, so this is great.

Sharena and Alfonse are a big surprise, but I'll pass. Glad they made it so I can just dodge green and the two I do want aren't sharing colors with the other two like last year.

@mcsilas I'm just slightly conflicted actually. On one hand I'm actually not interested nor compelled enough to blow through potential stores for any of these units. On the other hand, flying dagger is flying dagger and Catria is pretty cool herself.

I'll probably spend some orbs on this banner, but I won't go all in by any means. I'll do some pulls on Blue and Colorless probably, but only one pull for the start, then it's off to saving for the legendary banner. 

I beg to differ on Catria's weapon.  With chill res in her B slot, at over 50% health she will be able to inflict Atk/Def-5 and Res-7 at the start of every turn.  That is pretty insane and screams BFF with Gunnthra.  In addition to chill res we get the debut of def smoke, spd/res bond, swift stance, and wa do dagger and axe with this banner.  First axe cavalry since Titania, and the first dagger flier ever.  As I said earlier, long gone are seasonals one can skip.  Weather bunny lover or no, from a gameplay perspective this banner is a goldmine like all the seasonals from Performing Arts onwards.  We don't know stats yet, but likely one if not more is going to be a top tier monster.  

Anyways Palla is my favorite Whitewing as well, though I don't mind Catria.  Catria is more socially withdrawn and a quiet introvert, which is interesting makes her a little harder to read.  I am surprised and thrilled that we are getting her on this banner.  Archanea finally getting some seasonal support.  Kagero hoshido is cool, and what is the most thrilling is Alfonse and Sharena getting seasonal variants.  Particularly since both of them are considered pretty weak atm, so hopefully their seasonal versions are strong for those that love the Askr siblings.  

Also very reassuring is Love abounds wasn't a strange aberration, this year isn't going to be seasonals dominated by only fates/awakening.  We are going to get representation from other games, thank goodness.

All that being said, I will do one full pull from the redeem free one, and then wait.  This banner goes a month.  Within that time we will see the new legendary hero on this month's legendary banner, perhaps a colorless dragon, which will be must pull (unless they go the alt route).  Then Thracia, which is my #1 priority, I have to have all 3 characters on that banner.   After all if there are orbs to spare I will likely spend them on this very strong seasonal banner.  

As much as I hate to do this and after thinking it through, Thracia is my number one priority. I'll wait for the Thracia banner, get everyone on it and then spend what I have left for the Spring banner.