Special Heroes Coming! Spring Festival Vol. 2 - From March 22nd! (Now with VIDEO: Sharena, Alfonse, Catria, Kagero)

Coolmanio

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, not what I expected. Catria seems the coolest unit, but I recently built a L'arachel. Too bad Catria isn't red (no Leo or Eirika here). Kagero seems strong, but I won't pull specifically for her (@Poimagic). I will do 1-2 full summons and save my orbs afterwards. 

15 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Oh look, a female weighted seasonal banner *sigh*. Before anyone points out the last one was sort of male weighted, we still got two females in that and Eliwood was tempest. It's annoying because they've finally began breaking away from Fates / Awakening somewhat, and yet they then do this again -.-

For my thoughts, I want Alfonse because both axe cav and bunny boy. If I get pity broken by Sharena, I wouldn't mind, though, since she looks cute in her outfit.

Couldn't care less for either Catria or Kagero. The latter has gained even more of a boob window and is trying to spill out her outfit even more than Camilla. There's something wrong when Camilla's outfit is more conservative than yours, especially when you're meant to be a ninja, apparently -.-

Also, yet another female special flier. Yaaaaay.

On the plus side, I only care to get 1 - 2 of the characters so hopefully I get to save some orbs. My luck hasn't been great of late, though...

I am really happy Alfonse and Sharena gained outfits though. I'm hoping I get both ^.^

I understand where is the sentiment is, but at least this is not yet full all female banner and Alfonse have both bulge and chest cleavage. 

I don't care about female fanservice, but I always find it funny of this fandom calling women who show their chests thot and licks their screen when a man does so. And isn't being a ninja is exactly why her clothes show sex appeal? female ninjas are known to use their sex appeal to gain information or make their target distracted, it makes sense. 

Seriously though, only few units fits both my sexual and playstyle preference, and that is Siegbert and Brave Roy. Sigurd is too defensive and Grima is armor. meh. I am seriously concerned about this too. 

6 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I understand where is the sentiment is, but at least this is not yet full all female banner and Alfonse have both bulge and chest cleavage. 

I don't care about female fanservice, but I always find it funny of this fandom calling women who show their chests thot and licks their screen when a man does so. And isn't being a ninja is exactly why her clothes show sex appeal? female ninjas are known to use their sex appeal to gain information or make their target distracted, it makes sense. 

Seriously though, only few units fits both my sexual and playstyle preference, and that is Siegbert and Brave Roy. Sigurd is too defensive and Grima is armor. meh. I am seriously concerned about this too. 

Chrom can be very speedy. 31 spd with spd boon + 5 spd from his weapon + 6 from darting blow + 6 from hone cavalry + spd seal 3. That gives him 51 spd. Not as fast as Siegbert, but he can hit harder

Edited by silveraura25

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Not gonna lie, the uniqueness of the class in enticing for me. Ranged flier options are always welcome, and hey maybe depending on the stats maybe she will be the missing link to Flier Emblem vs. Ursula GHB for me.

Might casually try for her in the first summon.

If they rerun the old spring units though I'll have to go to Camilla for that one. Too bad she'll share with Chrom.

More or less my 2 cents on the units.

Catria - Most appealing colored unit. The tome rocks, her skillset is good and chances are her stats will be up to par.

Sharena - Pass. She's probably a good green mage which is always nice but I'm not really interested. That and she shares a color with a unit I care about even less.

Alfonse - Cool that we get another Axe cav... but I don't care about cavs... Wo Dao Axe is cool but slimy to release it as a seasonal. I can really just pass on green alltogether.

Kagero - Dagger flier speaks for itself. I'm not in love with Fliers in general, but they're cool and a colorless one is unique and awesome.

Gonna pull Colorless primarily and a little blue. Green only if I have to. The less orbs I spend on this banner the better and I only really want Kagero. But we have a month so there's plenty of time. Unlike Love Abounds this banner will safely keep it's grimy hands away from my entire orb stock.

Edited by Zeo

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I have never called any of these people thot and never will. I don't shame women that way. I just sometimes get a bit irritated by onsided fanservice, since there are far more women that show their chests and butts than men. However, FEH is a lot more fair towards fans of male fanservice than many other games, so at least there's that.

And ninjas were meant to be renowned for their secretive ways, from my understanding of it. A woman can still have sex appeal without her boobs spilling out of her outfit.

I am glad it's not a full female banner, and I'm not really as annoyed by it anymore, since part of my was expecting fully female and I thought I could save some orbs. Doesn't stop me sighing or complaining, though, because I'm not as happy with the banner as I'd like to be - especially since I adored the last Easter banner so much. But that's my own prerogative. I'm going to make my pulls and either celebrate or complain if I get the units I want, and then continue waiting for the Thracia banner.

17 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

This exactly. I don't care about female fanservice either and I have no problems with these outfits. It's like women can't show skin anymore in this fandom.

11 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

This exactly. I don't care about female fanservice either and I have no problems with these outfits. It's like women can't show skin anymore in this fandom.

For me it goes like this - PA!Olivia is fine. She's a dancer, meant to show skin.

Tharja's normal outfit is fine. She's a mage, her outfit isn't detrimental. Fine.

Her winter outfit doesn't make sense. She hates the cold but she's basically wearing a fur lined bikini. It just looks ridiculous.

Summer Corrin, Summer Robin, Easter Camilla - none of them bothered me. Even Kagero doesn't bother me as much as it used to - it just made me sigh a bit since she is meant to be a ninja, but then if a female armour wearer can show as much as Camilla does then I'm not surprised any more.

However, the majority of women in this game just have to show either thighs, boobs, butts or a combination, regardless of whether they're a cavalier, knight, flier, ninja. There are exceptions, but the majority is doing so. It's not a case of women can't show skin any more, it's that they can't dress any more. It's especially egregious to me with the armoured women - especially when they shove it in your face in the introduction video for Camilla and Fates cutscenes.

Edited by Cute Chao

13 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I have never called any of these people thot and never will. I don't shame women that way. I just sometimes get a bit irritated by onsided fanservice, since there are far more women that show their chests and butts than men. However, FEH is a lot more fair towards fans of male fanservice than many other games, so at least there's that.

And ninjas were meant to be renowned for their secretive ways, from my understanding of it. A woman can still have sex appeal without her boobs spilling out of her outfit.

I am glad it's not a full female banner, and I'm not really as annoyed by it anymore, since part of my was expecting fully female and I thought I could save some orbs. Doesn't stop me sighing or complaining, though, because I'm not as happy with the banner as I'd like to be - especially since I adored the last Easter banner so much. But that's my own prerogative. I'm going to make my pulls and either celebrate or complain if I get the units I want, and then continue waiting for the Thracia banner.

I'm sorry for the analogue of the extreme sides, but my point is generally people complained when there is sexual fanservice with women but is more than happy with sexual fanservice from men. Sexual fanservice is just to name few things people get pissed off when it happens to a woman but when it's from a man it's okay... and that mindset isn't okay.

It is too much, I agree, and FEH have progressed much to give male fanservice as well. The source of this problem is that the higher ups of the gaming companies are from the era when women is openly thirsty or a work sells too much for women is wrong/bad,  that almost no female fans of male-aimed works and they still think it's the case even now when we know it's not anymore. The lower staffs may have try to tell them it's not the case anymore and male characters sells now, but those stubborn old higher ups will have long time to change their mindset.

I just wish there is no full female banner was well and hopefully if they do wedding banner again they at least include one groom. I'd love that groom Marth from the Warriors DLC, he looks gorgeous. 

25 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Chrom can be very speedy. 31 spd with spd boon + 5 spd from his weapon + 6 from darting blow + 6 from hone cavalry + spd seal 3. That gives him 51 spd. Not as fast as Siegbert, but he can hit harder

Oh.... Interesting. Maybe one day I'll pull Exalt Chrom for extra Horse emblem needs. But for now, I'm satisfied with my Siegbert. Thanks for the information though, that does makes me feel better. 

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

For me it goes like this - PA!Olivia is fine. She's a dancer, meant to show skin.

Tharja's normal outfit is fine. She's a mage, her outfit isn't detrimental. Fine.

Her winter outfit doesn't make sense. She hates the cold but she's basically wearing a fur lined bikini. It just looks ridiculous.

Summer Corrin, Summer Robin, Easter Camilla - none of them bothered me. Even Kagero doesn't bother me as much as it used to - it just made me sigh a bit since she is meant to be a ninja, but then if a female armour wearer can show as much as Camilla does then I'm not surprised any more.

However, the majority of women in this game just has to show either thighs, boobs, butts or a combination. There are exceptions, but the majority is doing so. It's not a case of women can't show skin any more, it's that they can't dress any more. It's especially egregious to me with the armoured women - especially when they shove it in your face in the introduction video for Camilla and Fates cutscenes.

Fair enough. I guess it's really different for anyone. I don't see why people would have a problem with summer units not dressing much, since they are.. you know... SWIMSUITS. I don't know what some people expected, wetsuits?

I'll more than likely skip this banner, the bunny suits are cute but not cute enough for me to want any of these units, especially since I don't particularly like or dislike any of these units. I wonder if they'll ever have a special banner with more men than women. Do correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there's been a single special heroes banner like that.

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Fair enough. I guess it's really different for anyone. I don't see why people would have a problem with summer units not dressing much, since they are.. you know... SWIMSUITS. I don't know what some people expected, wetsuits?

The problem with the summer units are their poses that look like breaking their spines just to get both of their boobs and butt on the camera, and their damaged animation damages their barely existing clothing furthermore. Special mention goes to Corrin who looks like someone takes her photo a frame before it falls and she become naked. 

7 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

The problem with the summer units are their poses that look like breaking their spines just to get both of their boobs and butt on the camera, and their damaged animation damages their barely existing clothing furthermore. Special mention goes to Corrin who looks like someone takes her photo a frame before it falls and she become naked. 

Oh yeah. Someone pointed out on reddit that she's actually naked in her damaged artwork. The torn off clothing floating in the air is basically all that's standing between you and her naked body.

Edited by silveraura25

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh yeah. Someone pointed out on reddit that she's actually naked in her damaged artwork. The torn off clothing floating in the air is basically all that's standing between you and her naked body.

Hey at least they dont show her private parts

12 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I'm sorry for the analogue of the extreme sides, but my point is generally people complained when there is sexual fanservice with women but is more than happy with sexual fanservice from men. Sexual fanservice is just to name few things people get pissed off when it happens to a woman but when it's from a man it's okay... and that mindset isn't okay.

It is too much, I agree, and FEH have progressed much to give male fanservice as well. The source of this problem is that the higher ups of the gaming companies are from the era when women is openly thirsty or a work sells too much for women is wrong/bad,  that almost no female fans of male-aimed works and they still think it's the case even now when we know it's not anymore. The lower staffs may have try to tell them it's not the case anymore and male characters sells now, but those stubborn old higher ups will have long time to change their mindset.

I just wish there is no full female banner was well and hopefully if they do wedding banner again they at least include one groom. I'd love that groom Marth from the Warriors DLC, he looks gorgeous. 

Yes, people do complain about female fanservice, but that's less than the people that enjoy it. I think the reason that you see more complaints about it, though, is because it happens far more than male fanservice and in places where it doesn't feel like it should. Admittedly, I can't really complain about Kagero since she's on an Easter banner, so it's more fun, but when so many women still have to have a thigh gap or boob window... I think some people just grow tired of it. And, again, it is still shoved in our faces, unlike male fanservice. I mean, there is no Fire Emblem equivalent of Camilla's introductory cutscene that makes sure to show butt and boobs in a panning shot. Everyone else got pretty cool or cute introductory scenes.

So you will see more complaints... mostly because it happens more and in more ridiculous places than male fanservice. I think the closest we have to Camilla are people like Vaike and Hawkeye with their tops off, and they are not treated in the same manner in the slightest. When we get males fighting in bow ties and speedos as their regular outfit, that's when you'll probably hear more complaints.

Incidentally, we did have a male equivalent of a female outfit in a mobile Final Fantasy game. It wasn't risqué but apparently was too much for sensitive people and so his outfit got updated so he was wearing more. So it does happen and it actually gets listened to, as well, annoyingly. I liked his original outfit and wanted the option to change back, since it wasn't bad to me *shrugs*

3 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Yes, people do complain about female fanservice, but that's less than the people that enjoy it. I think the reason that you see more complaints about it, though, is because it happens far more than male fanservice and in places where it doesn't feel like it should. Admittedly, I can't really complain about Kagero since she's on an Easter banner, so it's more fun, but when so many women still have to have a thigh gap or boob window... I think some people just grow tired of it. And, again, it is still shoved in our faces, unlike male fanservice. I mean, there is no Fire Emblem equivalent of Camilla's introductory cutscene that makes sure to show butt and boobs in a panning shot. Everyone else got pretty cool or cute introductory scenes.

So you will see more complaints... mostly because it happens more and in more ridiculous places than male fanservice. I think the closest we have to Camilla are people like Vaike and Hawkeye with their tops off, and they are not treated in the same manner in the slightest. When we get males fighting in bow ties and speedos as their regular outfit, that's when you'll probably hear more complaints.

Incidentally, we did have a male equivalent of a female outfit in a mobile Final Fantasy game. It wasn't risqué but apparently was too much for sensitive people and so his outfit got updated so he was wearing more. So it does happen and it actually gets listened to, as well, annoyingly. I liked his original outfit and wanted the option to change back, since it wasn't bad to me *shrugs*

I'd like to add that the thing about Hawkeye and Vaike is that they don't have a body type that women are usually attracted to. I'm not saying that there isn't any women (or really anyone who's into men) who are into more muscular men, but usually that is the case. That's why characters like Gaius are usually considered to be more attractive.

13 minutes ago, Kahvi said:

I'd like to add that the thing about Hawkeye and Vaike is that they don't have a body type that women are usually attracted to. I'm not saying that there isn't any women (or really anyone who's into men) who are into more muscular men, but usually that is the case. That's why characters like Gaius are usually considered to be more attractive.

Agreed. I don't find either one attractive, personally. Summer Gaius is definitely where it was at xD

Or Summer Xander... he was pretty much perfect. But, again, I expect fanservice from a summer banner, especially. If Xander went around like that all the time (unless it was an option I can pick ala Xenoblade xD ) then I would find it just as ridiculous as Camilla's armour.

I will admit, though, this is a fanservice banner. I just really don't like the type of tops Kagero is wearing since I just imagine her fully spilling out of it... it's not supportive at all xD But that's my own thing. I won't pull for her and I had to mention it in my assessment of the banner, but I'm more annoyed that once again, there's a female special type of flier and yet my male flier emblem is left in the dust. Ofc, I don't expect any differently at this point, and will continue to pander Gerome further xD

Catria's dialogue is the funniest thing ever. That delivery is so golden! And I'm sure Alfonse has become a whole lot more popular now that we know he's ripped.

As for the units themselves, none of them stand out to me particularly. The only one I'd pull for (if at all) is Sharena, but Alfonse is there to block me. Catria is my second favourite, but her weapon is so odd for a mage.

Either way, it's interesting to see two Seasonal-themed Prf weapons for the first time. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go digest the fact that Nino voices Kagero. Not a fan of her outfit, especially not of her attacking art.

I think we'll probably get a Bridal Anna and Fjorm next! (Or a Summer Fjorm, for Anna to sell photos of.)

Edited by DefyingFates