Special Heroes Coming! Spring Festival Vol. 2 - From March 22nd! (Now with VIDEO: Sharena, Alfonse, Catria, Kagero)

Coolmanio

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the bunny boy :D. Checked out all their stats. I got two Sharenas and one Alfonse and all of them have a boon in Res xD 

At least Sharena can make use of it. Alfonse... what you playing at? 

The good news is... none of them, not even my pity breaking Hawkeye, have a bane in either attack or speed :O I just about died of shock when I saw it. I may have to go lie down for a while!

5 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

Managed to pull two Bunny Al. One is +ATK -DEF and the other is +SPD -HP. Just want to pull a Spring Catria to pair with him and a Kagero to feed to my Saizo.

Please tell me you're planning to give Saizo a carrot weapon xD 

@Cute Chao

Of course.

I'm planning in advance for if they ever introduce Mozu to the game. That way, when I marry them together, Saizo will be able to support his wife with a Lethal Carrot to destroy all who would harm her.

Edited by saisymbolic

8 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

@Cute Chao

Of course.

I'm planning in advance for if they ever introduce Mozu to the game. That way, when I marry them together, Saizo will be able to support his wife with a Lethal Carrot to destroy all who would harm her.

Brilliant xD 

I tend to hoard my seasonals fiercely, since I rarely get more than one. I've still got a few spare Camillas I can either merge or give eggs out to people, and now one spare Sharena, but she has a personal weapon, sadly. 

8 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Brilliant xD 

I tend to hoard my seasonals fiercely, since I rarely get more than one. I've still got a few spare Camillas I can either merge or give eggs out to people, and now one spare Sharena, but she has a personal weapon, sadly. 

I used to hoard my seasonals and 5* units but it's gotten to the point where I just do whatever.

I keep the units that I like, build the ones I like most, sacrifice regardless of rarity (just recently feed a Ayra to a Summer!Frederick) to ones I like and spend my hard earned F2P orbs frivolously. Well, not that frivolously but still. And Ayra was -SPD so she was pretty much unsalvageable to me.

Made me feel like a new person when I finally just played the game for myself instead of trying to keep up competitively.

Edited by saisymbolic

7 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I used to hoard my seasonals and 5* units but it's gotten to the point where I just do whatever.

I keep the units that I like, build the ones I like most, sacrifice regardless of rarity (just recently feed a Ayra to a Summer!Frederick) to ones I like and spend my hard earned F2P orbs frivolously. Well, not that frivolously but still. And Ayra was -SPD so she was pretty much unsalvageable to me.

Made me feel like a new person when I finally just played the game for myself instead of trying to keep up competitively.

Ah, my fun comes from the collecting side, although I don't care too much about the competitive side. I also don't plan to collect every character, but I will keep every character I do get at least once. 

Eh, I'd sacrifice an Ayra to a charrie I liked, but mostly 'cos three of the darn things popped out at me when I was trying to get an Eldigan - who was -Atk when I did get him, but I really like him as a character so I still use him. Maybe one day, another Eldigan will pop out at me and I can merge them :) 

I'm glad you found a new lease on the game, though. I think different people find different parts of it fun, and that's great to see. I love seeing all the weird and wonderful builds of people who focus on particular characters :D 

My take on the units I've summoned so far:

Spring Kagero: Interesting unit type.  She has a good offensive spread and comes with the best offensive dagger, and has access to flier buffs.  The problem is that physical ranged units are at a disadvantage in the current meta due to the preponderance of dragons and armor units, most of whom have DC weapons and hit really hard.  So, she basically needs to be in Desperation range and proc a special to beat those units.  As far as builds go, Fury/L&D with Desperation, or Fury/Wrath seem like the best bets.  Her art is 10/10, of course, especially if you grew up on old-school fighting games like Soul Calibur/DoA/Street Fighter which all have busty ninjas.

Spring Catria:  Your typical horse cavalier with a decent offensive spread and poor defense.  She would be a decent bladetome user, but imo her niche is a debuffer.  She can get Ploy seals in addition to her base kit, which is pretty neat in the era of OP buffs.

Alphonse: Great offensive stats, horrible Resistance.  Depending on your IVs, you could run him with Giant Spoon/Heavy Blade/Luna and do a lot of damage, or go the Brave Axe+/DB3 route.  Defense Smoke is an amazing Slot C skill.  At the very least he makes for great SI.

Sharena: yet to summon, but seems destined to be skill fodder.

On 3/24/2018 at 11:23 AM, Charmeleonbrah said:

As far as builds go, Fury/L&D with Desperation, or Fury/Wrath seem like the best bets.

Fliers cannot learn Wrath.

And here I am still with no one from this banner because my box is 1100/1100 and all of my time is spent at work or dealing with other games' events. At least I have like a month.

After 20 pulls on weekend I got B!Ike.
Which I foddered too Lukas and I also gave him Infantry pulse.
Totally worth it. 

Still want at least one Kagero, but I hold on until the end of the week. At least I want to know the legendary banner setup and the easter banner still has some time.

17 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fliers cannot learn Wrath.

And here I am still with no one from this banner because my box is 1100/1100 and all of my time is spent at work or dealing with other games' events. At least I have like a month.

What about sending units home for Feathers? I went through my Barracks a few weeks ago and was wondering why I was hoarding so much Vantage fodder when I rarely use it, so I decided to send most of my Lon'qus home.

32 minutes ago, XRay said:

What about sending units home for Feathers? I went through my Barracks a few weeks ago and was wondering why I was hoarding so much Vantage fodder when I rarely use it, so I decided to send most of my Lon'qus home.

Already done. I've significantly leaned down on my hoarding of skill fodder, which means even if I tried to clean that up, I'd barely clear out 10 slots or so before I'd have to start giving up skill fodder that I actually use.

My current problem is that a full 60% of my box is 5-star units (and a full 3% of my box is Xander), which I will not under any circumstance send home.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Already done. I've significantly leaned down on my hoarding of skill fodder, which means even if I tried to clean that up, I'd barely clear out 10 slots or so before I'd have to start giving up skill fodder that I actually use.

My current problem is that a full 60% of my box is 5-star units (and a full 3% of my box is Xander), which I will not under any circumstance send home.

Can you merge any of the 5* units? Or are most of them 5*+10 already?

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Can you merge any of the 5* units? Or are most of them 5*+10 already?

Many are already +10 with spares taking up space. Some are sitting there waiting for me to decide which nature to use as a merge base or what build to use so that I don't waste my merge SP. It's a giant mess, really.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Many are already +10 with spares taking up space. Some are sitting there waiting for me to decide which nature to use as a merge base or what build to use so that I don't waste my merge SP. It's a giant mess, really.

For the spares, if you are not using them for fodder, what about making multiple 5*+10 units of the same character but each with a different build? Might as well give each character two or three different builds on multiple units instead of jamming two or three different builds on to one unit, so you will have even more flexibility during Arena Assault.

For example, I run both a Raven and a Blade Cecilia during Arena Assault, so if I do not need to use the Raven Cecilia during battles for Team 2 to Team 4 to counter something, I can use my preset Team 5 of Blade cavalry that includes Blade Cecilia to guarantee a win.

Just now, XRay said:

For the spares, if you are not using them for fodder, what about making multiple 5*+10 units of the same character but each with a different build? Might as well give each character two or three different builds on multiple units instead of jamming two or three different builds on to one unit, so you will have even more flexibility during Arena Assault.

For example, I run both a Raven and a Blade Cecilia during Arena Assault, so if I do not need to use the Raven Cecilia during battles for Team 2 to Team 4 to counter something, I can use my preset Team 5 of Blade cavalry that includes Blade Cecilia to guarantee a win.

The few characters that I have more than 22 copies of and are worthless for Skill Inheritance (like Julia and Ephraim) are already merged into two +10's. The others where I have a +10 and then fewer than 11 additional spares have the exact same problem as my other 5-star characters where I'm simply indecisive about natures or builds and don't want to waste merge SP. Or are actually decent for Skill Inheritance (like Hinoka, Minerva, and Myrrh).

As I said, it really is just a big mess. Indecisiveness is my biggest curse.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

As I said, it really is just a big mess. Indecisiveness is my biggest curse.

My favorite solution to indecision is to pick all the decisions/options, although that might be too expensive for Heroes since the cost is really high, unlike ordering an extra dish or two at a new restaurant and taking home the leftovers.