Special Heroes Coming! Spring Festival Vol. 2 - From March 22nd! (Now with VIDEO: Sharena, Alfonse, Catria, Kagero)

Coolmanio

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

Yes, people do complain about female fanservice, but that's less than the people that enjoy it. I think the reason that you see more complaints about it, though, is because it happens far more than male fanservice and in places where it doesn't feel like it should. Admittedly, I can't really complain about Kagero since she's on an Easter banner, so it's more fun, but when so many women still have to have a thigh gap or boob window... I think some people just grow tired of it. And, again, it is still shoved in our faces, unlike male fanservice. I mean, there is no Fire Emblem equivalent of Camilla's introductory cutscene that makes sure to show butt and boobs in a panning shot. Everyone else got pretty cool or cute introductory scenes.

So you will see more complaints... mostly because it happens more and in more ridiculous places than male fanservice. I think the closest we have to Camilla are people like Vaike and Hawkeye with their tops off, and they are not treated in the same manner in the slightest. When we get males fighting in bow ties and speedos as their regular outfit, that's when you'll probably hear more complaints.

Incidentally, we did have a male equivalent of a female outfit in a mobile Final Fantasy game. It wasn't risqué but apparently was too much for sensitive people and so his outfit got updated so he was wearing more. So it does happen and it actually gets listened to, as well, annoyingly. I liked his original outfit and wanted the option to change back, since it wasn't bad to me *shrugs*

Well, everyone knows that Final Fantasy-no, Square Enix in general-have really much the fangirls that it possibly eclipses the amount of the fanboys. Look that FFXV, no female party member at all and there is almost to no relevant female, and they constantly travel together. Kingdom Hearts.... You bet there is much people who wants Sora to end up with Riku than Kairi. And thirsty for the Organization who only have two female members. Even the True organization are full of Xehanorts, except Master Xehanort himself it's full of good looking guys. And not only their games but also their mangas. They are legally shonen but it's full of bishies and the fandom are full of fangirls you'd ask yourself again it's shonen. Black Butler? Pandora hearts? You name it. Sometimes they threw sexy women in like 2B, but now it's easier to name SE's bishies than their sexy women. 

However, the mindset of "FE higher ups don't think FE sells to women" itself kind of ruined by the fact almost all manga adaptation of FE are released on female-aimed magazine (even since Gaiden) , which begs the question why they didn't promote male fanservice more. 

Wasn't really feeling the designs except for Sharena, but they do fill niches.

Catria has a Chill skill that will complement F!Celica and Soren. Sharena has Res Tactic so L'Arachel can return to the cavalry team. Alfonse and Kagero have Wo Dao effect weapons

Catria is cute, but Thracia is more important to me. I don't really care about the others. A flying dagger could be fun, but I already have Jaffar for daggers, and even then he can only do chip damage. I'll roll a blue orb for free, and that will be it.

Edit: I just realized both OCs share green. Good luck to those people! I've seen people with 40+10 Lilinas because they went for VA!Hector and kept getting pity broken.

Edited by AndrewMcC00l

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Well, everyone knows that Final Fantasy-no, Square Enix in general-have really much the fangirls that it possibly eclipses the amount of the fanboys. Look that FFXV, no female party member at all and there is almost to no relevant female, and they constantly travel together. Kingdom Hearts.... You bet there is much people who wants Sora to end up with Riku than Kairi. And thirsty for the Organization who only have two female members. Even the True organization are full of Xehanorts, except Master Xehanort himself it's full of good looking guys. And not only their games but also their mangas. They are legally shonen but it's full of bishies and the fandom are full of fangirls you'd ask yourself again it's shonen. Black Butler? Pandora hearts? You name it. Sometimes they threw sexy women in like 2B, but now it's easier to name SE's bishies than their sexy women. 

However, the mindset of "FE higher ups don't think FE sells to women" itself kind of ruined by the fact almost all manga adaptation of FE are released on female-aimed magazine (even since Gaiden) , which begs the question why they didn't promote male fanservice more. 

Oh yeah. The Genealogy manga I read in Autumn felt very much like a shoujo romance manga.

Looks like this banner'll be safe for me to skip.  Hopefully by the time the Thracia 776 banner drops I'll have enough orbs for it.

I can't convey properly in words how much I absolutely hate Kagero's "Ninjabbit attack!"

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Her winter outfit doesn't make sense. She hates the cold but she's basically wearing a fur lined bikini. It just looks ridiculous.

At this point I hate Winter!Tharja's design less for being fanservicey and more for being on an armored unit.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

31 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh yeah. The Genealogy manga I read in Autumn felt very much like a shoujo romance manga.

Genealogy has 3 manga adaptation by three different authors.  The Nea Fuyuki and Mitsuki Oosawa ones are shoujo. There is also a shonen comedy one but that one was pretty obscure. 

Do I wait for a bow flier for more guaranteed high attack ORKO  or roll for Kagero.../sigh 

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Genealogy has 3 manga adaptation by three different authors.  The Nea Fuyuki and Mitsuki Oosawa ones are shoujo. There is also a shonen comedy one but that one was pretty obscure. 

Do I wait for a bow flier for more guaranteed high attack ORKO  or roll for Kagero.../sigh 

It was the one which shipped Finn x Lachesis and Ayra x Lex

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Was it the one where Bloom and his family didn't appear at all? Because that one is by Mitsuki Oosawa and by far is the most known Genealogy manga. 

Bloom appeared

43 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I only mentioned FF because it showed that people do complain about male outfits and, more annoyingly, it gets listened to. That being said, maybe they listen on the females a bit since Tiki's bikini outfit got changed slightly although her bikini was literally showing butt crack...

Know this happened like several pages ago yesterday but thought i would apologize for my post about panne being in the banner. Heard and liked the idea but obviously did not look more into it and the colorless breath thing too much and and wound up sounding kind of stupid. Thanks to everyone who cleared some of those things up.

1 minute ago, nirvanafan said:

Know this happened like several pages ago yesterday but thought i would apologize for my post about panne being in the banner. Heard and liked the idea but obviously did not look more into it and the colorless breath thing too much and and wound up sounding kind of stupid. Thanks to everyone who cleared some of those things up.

Don't worry about it

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Bloom appeared

was it this one? this one is  by Oosawa http://mangakakalot.com/chapter/fire_emblem_seisen_no_keifu/chapter_3

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I only mentioned FF because it showed that people do complain about male outfits and, more annoyingly, it gets listened to. That being said, maybe they listen on the females a bit since Tiki's bikini outfit got changed slightly although her bikini was literally showing butt crack...

Do Japan complained too? because I was under impression companies only care about what Japan fandom say

EH? When did that fixed? 

Just now, DraceEmpressa said:

was it this one? this one is  by Oosawa http://mangakakalot.com/chapter/fire_emblem_seisen_no_keifu/chapter_3

Do Japan complained too? because I was under impression companies only care about what Japan fandom say

EH? When did that fixed? 

yea

Anyways, I’ll be summoning on this banner for Alphonse and Kagero, since I could use an axe cav, and I always go for a summonable flier unit. I also usually seem to get them early, to. And since the Tharcia banner is going starts during this banner, that means I can take the orbs from that event and put them towards this banner if I haven’t gotten who I want.

Only one guy?  Well I think I can safely skip this banner, but I might try a little for Alfonse since he is an ax cav or maybe Kagero.  All I can say is I am glad it has units from 3 games and the designs are better then last years.  I guess the translation team was wrong when they said there was a new hero coming on this banner since everyone is all ready in Heroes.

It's sad that Kagero does not fly without a Pegasus D=.
I will try my luck for a random 5* pull.
At least every unit has something which is worth it..
And I need something for flier Emblem in case I seperate Camilla from my flier Emblem..

Edited by Stroud

Honestly the best part of Alfonse's art is him wearing a bridal veil. I want him. 

For the Muninn's Egg, it looks like it will be a personal weapon? It's got the same MT as a legendary tome, and two effects. I guess we already have precedent for this from Berserk Armads. Even the seasonal characters are tired of being left behind the curve due to lack of personal weapon. 

2 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I can't convey properly in words how much I absolutely hate Kagero's "Ninjabbit attack!"

Come to the Dark Side. Switch the language over to Japanese.

Assuming she's using the same voice line in the Japanese video, it's "忍法ウサギの術" (ninpou usagi no jutsu, "Ninja Arts: Rabbit"), which actually sounds like a legit fantasy ninja skill.

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

That being said, maybe they listen on the females a bit since Tiki's bikini outfit got changed slightly although her bikini was literally showing butt crack...

2 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

EH? When did that fixed? 

Before the banner went live.

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

For the Muninn's Egg, it looks like it will be a personal weapon? It's got the same MT as a legendary tome, and two effects. I guess we already have precedent for this from Berserk Armads. Even the seasonal characters are tired of being left behind the curve due to lack of personal weapon. 

Both Huginn's Egg and Muninn's Egg are uninheritable weapons.

We've had uninheritable weapons in limited banners as far back as Performing Arts (Urdhr) and Trick or Defeat (Grimoire).

I'm not sure if someone pointed this out already. But the introduction line for Sharena is almost an 180° compared to her Japanese counterpart Sharon. In the jp version she's very enthusiastic and not embarrassed at all.

Personally I'm interested in Catria and Sharena. Though there's high possibility that I'll get multiple Alphonse before Sharena shows up, so I'll likely won't invest too much orbs into this banner. 

7 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I understand where is the sentiment is, but at least this is not yet full all female banner and Alfonse have both bulge and chest cleavage. 

I don't care about female fanservice, but I always find it funny of this fandom calling women who show their chests thot and licks their screen when a man does so. And isn't being a ninja is exactly why her clothes show sex appeal? female ninjas are known to use their sex appeal to gain information or make their target distracted, it makes sense. 

Seriously though, only few units fits both my sexual and playstyle preference, and that is Siegbert and Brave Roy. Sigurd is too defensive and Grima is armor. meh. I am seriously concerned about this too. 

I don't approve of forced blatant fanservice for either gender, personally. That's not to say I dislike fanservice period. I CAN be okay with it. It just has to make sense and not be there for the sake of it or shoved in my face. Some good examples are the hot springs in Fates and the swimsuit banners in Heroes. Hot springs and bathing between battles were actually a real life thing and may still be, so that was a good place to stick some fanservice. In Heroes, it was summer at the time, and what do a lot of people wear in summer? Swimsuits. Again, makes sense.

But spring outfits... I don't really get how being fanservicey there makes sense at all. I'm just glad Catria and Sharena look fairly modest. Evens out Alfonse and Kagero looking much more fanservicey.

And I agree with Cute Chao that fanservice is always too lopsided in favor of women. It comes off to me as saying women are just sex objects and men are dominant and shouldn't be dropped to that level (much). :/ Also comes off as saying only women with big boobs and stuff matter. I'm someone who's (mostly) flat chested, so that kind of hurts and makes me feel rather unattractive/ugly in society's eyes. Nobody should feel that way.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And I agree with Cute Chao that fanservice is always too lopsided in favor of women. It comes off to me as saying women are just sex objects and men are dominant and shouldn't be dropped to that level (much). :/ Also comes off as saying only women with big boobs and stuff matter. I'm someone who's (mostly) flat chested, so that kind of hurts.

I don't think that is what they mean with that, I'm pretty sure they do this because a lot of Fire emblem players are men. Just my view on it though.