So about Valentia's fate in the future

So the spot where Mila died (was it on Duma's tower or was the body transported to Mila shrine?) turned into a giant tree which the Mila Tree battle in Awakening took place, the volcano where the necrodragons spawn became Demon's Ingle (or was it where Duma died) and Alm & Celica's bloodline sired Walhart (umm... ok?) , is it strange that I find all of this to be very depressing? I have a lot of emotions after finishing the game and I only got depressed when I found out Valentia became Valm in the future. I don't know how should I express it, I feel like sequels  mostly shat on a previous game's history with its own story. And what got me more disappointed was Valm became the villains ( or antiheroes for trying to destroy the Grima religion by invading ) in Awakening, disregarding Alm and Celica's legacy.

Sorry, just ranting here. It's like the feeling when you find out FFXII's Ivalice world of technological wonders all came to ruin eventually, all races save humans killed society and became a corrupt medieval religion in Tactics. And Espers became super demons or something

The story takes places millenias after Alm and Celica's story. It's pretty normal for a country/dynasty to last at most half a millennia when you use the real world as a comparison. Valm can't be considered the same country it was supposed to be because a long time has passed

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, MaysMrDolpin said:

Alm & Celica's bloodline sired Walhart

Thats entirely fitting when you stop and take a moment to realize--that means Walhart's ancestor is this guy:

Related image

The blood runs strong. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

I personally wouldn't worry about the history especially after FE 13. FE 13 took a strong dive into canon and killed it. 

After Alm and Celica's era, I'm pretty sure there was a lot of succession and then at one point a rebellion. That's normally what happens in kingdoms. 

2 hours ago, MaysMrDolpin said:

So the spot where Mila died (was it on Duma's tower or was the body transported to Mila shrine?) turned into a giant tree which the Mila Tree battle in Awakening took place, the volcano where the necrodragons spawn became Demon's Ingle (or was it where Duma died) and Alm & Celica's bloodline sired Walhart (umm... ok?) , is it strange that I find all of this to be very depressing? I have a lot of emotions after finishing the game and I only got depressed when I found out Valentia became Valm in the future. I don't know how should I express it, I feel like sequels  mostly shat on a previous game's history with its own story. And what got me more disappointed was Valm became the villains ( or antiheroes for trying to destroy the Grima religion by invading ) in Awakening, disregarding Alm and Celica's legacy.

In Awakening it's never stated that Walhart is a descendant of Alm  and Celica. I believe that to be interpretation. Not all of the people of Valm are villians, there is Say'ri trying to get her country back. A lot can happen to a continent in a couple thousands years, legacies rise and fall. When Awakening was released it was supposed to be a greatest hits of the series, getting inspiration by almost every game in the series. Is was SoV idea to connect the games together.

I don’t really see a problem in that, especially considering this a very common thing in FE4. A lot of villains in Judgral, like Arvis, Ishtar, Hilda, Travant and Langobalt are descendants of heroes.

4 hours ago, MaysMrDolpin said:

Sorry, just ranting here. It's like the feeling when you find out FFXII's Ivalice world of technological wonders all came to ruin eventually, all races save humans killed society and became a corrupt medieval religion in Tactics. And Espers became super demons or something

The Espers in Ivalice were always equivalent to demons. They're called the Scions of Darkness. The only reason you find them roaming around in FFXII is because they're at war with the "Angel/God" equivalents, and were bound to glyphs. By the time of Tactics, they're just far, far more desperate. The only one this not applying to being Zodiark, AKA Elidibus, the only Lucavi in FFT to not really care about the war raging between the Lucavi and the Gods.

Anyway, Awakening takes place 2000 years after SoV. So the idea of kingdoms rising and falling makes sense. Every other kingdom from that era came and went as well.

Historically speaking, the longest a post-Qin (Zhou lasted like a 800, but it's ancient and not the same) Chinese dynasty ever lasted was ~400 years. Japan's might be older and still extant, but it rarely ever exerted actual political power, sparing it again and again. Europe's dynasties managed to last no longer I think (well the modern ones will likely endure for longer- but only because they're powerless).

The collapse of the One Kingdom in a thousand years is thus expectable and actually miraculous to have clung on for so long. But such is video game logic.

Begnion is also miraculous, but at least some of those ~700 years were at first spent on Kingdom before radical transformation into an Empire. And we know there would have always been room for Apostle-Senate intrigue, which we have a good idea of.

10 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm more interested in how Valentia fell apart but Virion sadly skips that part. 

He skips to show us where his Roseanne is, and never get actual boundaries for Chon'sin, we only know it is somewhere in the south, and that Walhart's formerly tiny state of Valm was in the northeast. 

21 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I don’t really see a problem in that, especially considering this a very common thing in FE4. A lot of villains in Judgral, like Arvis, Ishtar, Hilda, Travant and Langobalt are descendants of heroes.

It seems so, my entry point to the series was Rekka no Ken so I wasn't used to heroes being descended from earlier heroes in the franchise. 

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Historically speaking, the longest a post-Qin (Zhou lasted like a 800, but it's ancient and not the same) Chinese dynasty ever lasted was ~400 years. Japan's might be older and still extant, but it rarely ever exerted actual political power, sparing it again and again. Europe's dynasties managed to last no longer I think (well the modern ones will likely endure for longer- but only because they're powerless).

The collapse of the One Kingdom in a thousand years is thus expectable and actually miraculous to have clung on for so long. But such is video game logic.

Begnion is also miraculous, but at least some of those ~700 years were at first spent on Kingdom before radical transformation into an Empire. And we know there would have always been room for Apostle-Senate intrigue, which we have a good idea of.

He skips to show us where his Roseanne is, and never get actual boundaries for Chon'sin, we only know it is somewhere in the south, and that Walhart's formerly tiny state of Valm was in the northeast. 

I guess it makes sense for a kingdom to eventually fall and be replaced.Still, I still can't wrap my head on where the f Grima came from. Was he an earth dragon or something? ANd why was he so powerful compared to Naga

3 minutes ago, MaysMrDolpin said:

I guess it makes sense for a kingdom to eventually fall and be replaced.Still, I still can't wrap my head on where the f Grima came from. Was he an earth dragon or something? ANd why was he so powerful compared to Naga

Did you complete the Thabes Labyrinth in SoV? Or get lucky and summon Grima in Heroes? Or you can look either thing up. That is all that has been explained of Grima.

As for how he did so well initially. Well a new evil after centuries of peace will take time to adapt to, there will be some destruction and bad times until a new hero is found. But once this was so, Naga was able to check them by modifying the Falchion and Binding Shield to work on Grima, presumably the Earth Dragon/Medeus threat was no more and hence she could retool the items without worry.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Did you complete the Thabes Labyrinth in SoV? Or get lucky and summon Grima in Heroes? Or you can look either thing up. That is all that has been explained of Grima.

As for how he did so well initially. Well a new evil after centuries of peace will take time to adapt to, there will be some destruction and bad times until a new hero is found. But once this was so, Naga was able to check them by modifying the Falchion and Binding Shield to work on Grima, presumably the Earth Dragon/Medeus threat was no more and hence she could retool the items without worry.

Nope, haven't completed Thabes yet. Do I have to grind more thru DLC or reclass Dread Fighters back to villagers? I did beat the boat levels but foundthat the Dagons  or Water Dragons were really annoying. And I heard Thabes was hard.

Also, does this make Duma an Earth Dragon and Mila a Divine one? Mila  & DUma seems way more powerful than Tiki in her teenage form, being able to revive the dead and Duma having access to dark magic and making women soulless babes

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2018 at 2:35 PM, MaysMrDolpin said:

Nope, haven't completed Thabes yet. Do I have to grind more thru DLC or reclass Dread Fighters back to villagers? I did beat the boat levels but foundthat the Dagons  or Water Dragons were really annoying. And I heard Thabes was hard.

Also, does this make Duma an Earth Dragon and Mila a Divine one? Mila  & DUma seems way more powerful than Tiki in her teenage form, being able to revive the dead and Duma having access to dark magic and making women soulless babes

Duma is a Divine Dragon, though from the look of him, some kind of twisted and corrupt Divine Dragon. Tiki's true powers are nerfed significangtly in Awakening for the sake of her own sanity. She has to unseal a portion of them just to be a playable unit. Gotoh says Tiki has the potential to destroy the world with her power, so I'm guessing her true power is on Grima levels and she only unseals a very, very small portion of it in Awakening.