Best and worse Final Boss in the series?

Best is Anankos due to being fought differently than other final bosses in the series (though i hear the Ashera fight is similar). Worst is Idoun for being a joke but also Julius because it takes a good 15-30 minutes to actually get to him first and that's not counting the trek you have to make to get the Book of Naga if you want to beat him easily.

Worst I'd say is easily Anankos. Victim of the overall poor production quality and unfinished feel of revelations--he was an empty shell of a villain in an empty shell of a game.

________

...Best requires a bit more thought...

By story and narrative:  Ashera. The grandiosity of the build-up to her in the Tellius Saga has never been topped, and probably never will be. 

By aesthetics: Grima. IS really went all-out with the art and concept design; they wanted a fel abomination and Destroyer of Worlds. That thing looks like a fel abomination and Destroyer of Worlds. Spot On.

By gameplay: Duma actually felt the most like a complete "boss," in terms of a gameplay encounter.  Between the ability to deal both physical and magical damage, the range on the eye-lasers, the AoE shockwave, the mogall spawns, the special condition for defeating him, the fact that he actually moves.

Overall: I'll give it to Ashera. 

I like having a deep story and a hyped build-up to a final villain. And her actual fight was one of the better boss battles in the series. (if she actually moved or teleported around the map or became progressively harder to beat as you took down more and more of her aura shields, she'd be the perfect boss)  

Edited by Shoblongoo

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Its hard to sink much lower then Veld. He's pretty much the lackey of the lackey and he's supposedly not very hard either.

It's kinda weird that one of the hardest games in the series has basically a slightly beefier mook as a the final boss.

44 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Its hard to sink much lower then Veld. He's pretty much the lackey of the lackey and he's supposedly not very hard either.

Ashera has the most interesting concept with her Aura's and Duma has acquired that most mythical of special moves: walking 

Even as a massive T776 fanboy... yeah.

Arguably I'd still say Idunn is more disappointing, gameplay-wise. Simply because you need to go through a bunch of sidequests to even fight Idunn that make her a total joke, while Veld needs you to go through sidequests to keep him from taking out a chunk of your team.

But storywise, he spends most of the game behind Raydrik, who himself isn't much of a villain. He's got the backstory that pits him against Leif, but he's basically got no drive or ambition he just wants POWER!... to rule over a small portion of a country... Because? People say that a lot of the side-villains and one-offs in T776 are better than the two main villains, and those people aren't wrong.

Edited by Slumber

Veld is the worst, especially after all the things Thracia throws at you, I expected a little more from him.

Best in my opinion..... I'll follow the majority and go with Ashera.

Worst is easily Fomortiis. Aside from being a victim of Sacred Stones's rushed nature and poor production quality, he's also laughably easy to the point that it's just a massive anticlimax. Fitting, I say - an empty shell of a final boss for a game that is itself an empty shell.

Best is harder, since several different aspects are done well by several bosses.

I'd agree with Formotiis being one of the worst, as in most anti-climactic. Anankos blows into the same horn, though. You spend the whole game gathering your siblings together to get the complete Fire Emblem, a freaking chainsaw sword and then you don't even need said chainsaw sword (that's ON FIRE, I might add) to kill him. You can easily do the job with a freaking Frying Pan, if you so desire...

Best (as in favourite) is a little harder. Gameplay-wise, Duma takes the cake easily, though when it comes to concept and backstory, I like Idoun the most, even if she is one of the easiest.

From the 4 Fire Emblem games I've played, I'm going with the "The Dragon" from Blazing Sword/Blade.

Sure it looks intimidating but that's all it has going for it. Could've just ended at Nergal but they didn't. I suppose this was because they wanted to tie-in how dangerous dragons were, but they fail at that if what I've heard & seen in Binding Blades is to go any by.

I still want to play the Tellius Duology & Sacred Stone before I finally make my verdict.

I loved Julius's boss fight, as the game REALLY made me hate him. I would have put Arvis here, but I forgot that Julius existed to take away his final boss status. While the fight is pretty easy, I find it REALLY satisfying to kill that little snot.

oh yeah, and worst goes to generic Anankos. Fuck that guy.

Edited by Tuvy

The similarity between @Levant Mir Celestia's and @Shoblongoo's phrasing is weirding me out.

Anyway, best I'll have to say Ashnard. Not only does he move on HM, but he comes out to chase you because you're taking too long. That's just so in character. Plus I love him as a character.

Worst is... also Ashnard. Making him damageable from only a handful of characters was kind of pointless, especially since he would've slaughtered a decent portion of your army even at 20/20 anyway, and the fountain being there to block his movement made to a little too easy to cheese physic. Plus his berserk form, while also badass and a cool idea, was a letdown in terms of gameplay; hey, let's give him +20 HP and bump his stats ever so slightly.

Worst: Anankos, he doesn't fit Fates' themes, and ends up doing more harm then good to the story even with the DLC desperately trying to patch him up. Gameplay-wise, while I will give credit for the multiphase boss idea that the stage had going, it doesn't end up being effective since the enemies he throws at you are easily avoided/defeated while his parts aren't hard to take down. Runner-up would be Veld for being unmemorable in every way, I can barely remember a thing he does in the story and his boss battle is laughable. 

Best: Ashera, she had a fun map, good build-up, and pretty good lore. 

Edited by Medeus

Worst: Anankos. Terrible end to a game that destroyed my soul. Absolutely no challenge in either phase, disappointing design, and almost no challenge whatsoever.

Best: Very torn between Ashera and Takumi. Ashera has the best final boss theme, the best atmosphere, the best dramatic tension, and is the only one where you're actually fighting the boss itself for any serious amount of time or at any significant risk. Takumi himself is a pushover if you know what you're doing, but the actual fight to get to him is easily the best in any final battle in the series, and has more of that Conquest goodness that I love.

Ultimately I decided to go with Takumi because I haven't played Radiant Dawn in nearly eight years and I can't fully say I'm not overplaying the battle itself.