Settings you want from a future FE game?

Faellin

1 hour ago, vanguard333 said:

Isn't there already a topic for this (If the next game had a new cultural "theme" what should it be?) or is there a particular difference between this one and that one?

In any case, it would be nice to see a Celtic Kingdom in the next game. In addition to a Celtic aesthetic potentially looking really cool, there are other reasons why such a kingdom could be really great:

Perhaps this kingdom could use druids instead of mages, but, in addition to "Elder magic (dark magic)", the druids utilize various nature-based spells? Celtic Mythology is full of that kind of magic; including voluntary shapeshifting, involuntary shapeshifting, utilizing the forest itself in a major battle (think that scene in the second Lord of the Rings movie; only enchantment, rather than talking trees), etc. On a related note, given the voluntary shapeshifting, perhaps this could be a kingdom where humans and the game's equivalent of laguz or manaketes live together in peaceful cooperation. 

Celtic Mythology is also full of magic swords, which means 1-2 range swords that fire sword beams could return through such a kingdom.

Since it's FE, perhaps this kingdom reveres a red dragon, and one of its opposing kingdoms reveres a white dragon? I wonder how many people will understand this one if you don't, let me know and I'll explain it. 

One type of armour popular throughout European history, and started by the Ancient Celts, that has never appeared in FE as far as I'm aware is mail, and this has likely been due to limitations in art style and graphics among other things. Including mail for the first time in an FE game by using a Celtic Kingdom could be really cool. 

That sounds wonderful, I adore the celtic mythology. And nice reference to the conflict between britons and saxons 

2 hours ago, Titania said:

That sounds wonderful, I adore the celtic mythology. And nice reference to the conflict between britons and saxons 

Thanks. ...Wow; I honestly did not expect the first person to reply would also be the first to get the reference. You clearly know more about Arthurian Legend and/or Welsh Folklore than most.

1 minute ago, vanguard333 said:

Thanks. ...Wow; I honestly did not expect the first person to reply would also be the first to get the reference. You clearly know more about Arthurian Legend and/or Welsh Folklore than most.

I always loved the Arthurian Legend, since I was a child and was very happy, as I saw the reference. So I have to thank you, that made my day. I really think that the celtic could do much for Fire Emblem with all it’s creatures, legends and magic 

20 hours ago, Titania said:

I always loved the Arthurian Legend, since I was a child and was very happy, as I saw the reference. So I have to thank you, that made my day. I really think that the celtic could do much for Fire Emblem with all it’s creatures, legends and magic 

You're welcome. I've loved Arthurian Legend for a long time as well (my favourite knight is Sir Gawain). I agree; a Celtic setting could do a lot for Fire Emblem. 

Since you brought up creatures, one thing I just thought of is that they could include monsters from Celtic Mythology as monster enemies. A lot of them would fit right in with FE. For Example:

Dullahan: A Headless Horseman feared throughout the land. It will never cease the pursuit of its prey.
Weapon: spine whip (if that item name is too graphic, then bone whip).

Skills:
Harbinger (name pending): All doors standing between the Dullahan and its prey open wide for it as if in terror.

Edited by vanguard333

47 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

You're welcome. I've loved Arthurian Legend for a long time as well (my favourite knight is Sir Gawain). I agree; a Celtic setting could do a lot for Fire Emblem. 

Since you brought up creatures, one thing I just thought of is that they could include monsters from Celtic Mythology as monster enemies. A lot of them would fit right in with the FE. For Example:

Dullahan: A Headless Horseman feared throughout the land. It will never cease the pursuit of its prey.
Weapon: spine whip (if that item name is too graphic, then bone whip).

Skills:
Harbinger (name pending): All doors standing between the Dullahan and its prey open wide for it as if in terror.

That would be so cool. And the description was quite beautiful written too. Another idea from me would be: 

Banshee: A ghostly women, shrouded in a veil of death. Soldiers fear her sight, as she only brings doom with her.

Weapon: Deadly Cry 

Skills:

Bad Omen: All Units within two fields Defense/Resistance -20%

1 minute ago, Titania said:

That would be so cool. And the description was quite beautiful written too. Another idea from me would be: 

Banshee: A ghostly woman, shrouded in a veil of death. Soldiers fear her sight, as she only brings doom with her.

Weapon: Deadly Cry 

Skills:

Bad Omen: All Units within two fields Defense/Resistance -20%

Thanks. That one also sounds great. I especially like the bad omen skill, as, in addition to the interesting gameplay potential, it reflects how the banshee warned people of their impending death, whereas the dullahan that I used as an example actively sought out to kill the person. That distinction could make for some interesting maps and strategies needed. 

9 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Thanks. That one also sounds great. I especially like the bad omen skill, as, in addition to the interesting gameplay potential, it reflects how the banshee warned people of their impending death, whereas the dullahan that I used as an example actively sought out to kill the person. That distinction could make for some interesting maps and strategies needed. 

Wow, now I really want to see/make a Fire Emblem Game in such a setting xD

But in general there are so many  great settings that could be used like ancient Egypt & hittites, Renaissance and more.  I really wish that Fire Emblem would start exploring more countries and cultures.

17 hours ago, Titania said:

Wow, now I really want to see/make a Fire Emblem Game in such a setting xD

Thanks, and agreed.

17 hours ago, Titania said:

But in general there are so many  great settings that could be used like ancient Egypt & Hittites, Renaissance and more.  I really wish that Fire Emblem would start exploring more countries and cultures.

Agreed. There are a lot of great settings that could be used.

One thing I would like to add: if an FE game uses multiple distinct cultures/settings, rather than have every kingdom be medieval Europe, then one thing to consider would be that these multiple settings do not exist in isolation. This is something Fates did decently at; which, incidentally, is a sentence one does not get to say very often. It would be interesting to see multiple different settings/cultures/kingdoms in an FE continent; that could be very interesting. 

For an example, the Celtic Kingdom could have a friendly alliance with a Norse kingdom or a Frankish/French kingdom (the latter because of the historic friendship between France and Scotland in the Early Modern Age). And, if the two kingdoms are enemies, they could have different ways of countering each other related to their setting. For example, a Celtic Kingdom could fight in the forest, while a Roman one would fight in fields and roads.

Edited by vanguard333

Byzantine empire; Nomads to the north, Turkish Armenian and Arabs to the east and south, merchant Republics to the west. Crusader States that are both Allies and enemies.