• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I can't see that image...

Ugh, it worked earlier.

Spr_4h_248_s.png

Tyranitar, in case it doesn't work again (It actually did at first, no idea why it crashed)

Edited by Dayni

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Ugh, it worked earlier.

Spr_4h_248_s.png

Tyranitar, in case it doesn't work again (It actually did at first, no idea why it crashed)

Ah, I can see it now. That's shiny Tyranitar though. But those colors are cooler than the regular one anyway.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Ah, I can see it now. That's shiny Tyranitar though. But those colors are cooler than the regular one anyway.

My first non-event shiny. (I'd actually argue the better colour scheme but certainly neither are bad)

Even as kids when only my brother had one it was a favourite between us. We even came to the conclusion he was being copied because he drew something that looked similar, I forget how much so.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

My first non-event shiny. (I'd actually argue the better colour scheme but certainly neither are bad)

Even as kids when only my brother had one it was a favourite between us. We even came to the conclusion he was being copied because he drew something that looked similar, I forget how much so.

Heh, I see.

My username is the Japanese name for my favorite Pokemon of all time.

Spoiler

It's Gallade.

To me, he's a really badass and cool Pokemon in terms of looks, and he also makes a solid physical sweeper when Mega Evolved. I've been a huge fan of this Pokemon ever since I first saw him from the Diamond and Pearl leaks when those games first came out in Japan, and I've been using one in every story team whenever it's available since.

6 minutes ago, Erureido said:

My username is the Japanese name for my favorite Pokemon of all time.

Reveal hidden contents

It's Gallade.

To me, he's a really badass and cool Pokemon in terms of looks, and he also makes a solid physical sweeper when Mega Evolved. I've been a huge fan of this Pokemon ever since I first saw him from the Diamond and Pearl leaks when those games first came out in Japan, and I've been using one in every story team whenever it's available since.

Same here, although my equivalent is Vanilluxe. In fact, I go out of my way to ensure that it appears in any ROM hacks I make.

It's interesting. I really like a few different Pokémon for different reasons: Aegislash for being a sword Pokémon, Cubone for its backstory (and Mimikyu for a similarly sad backstory), Gallade for being a Pokémon version of a chivalrous swordsman, etc. Yet, my favourite Pokémon of all time... is Torterra. And, to be honest, I can't really explain why.

My first ever Pokémon game that I bought was Diamond, and Turtwig was the starter that I chose, so at first I thought it might've been nostalgia. But Diamond wasn't the first Pokémon game that I played; Fire Red was. Plus, there had to be a reason I chose Turtwig in the first place. So it isn't that.

But I can't think of any other reason why Torterra is my favourite Pokémon. He's not very good competitively (though I never play competitively, so that's beside the point), he doesn't have the most interesting backstory; there isn't really anything that sets Torterra apart from the rest. And yet, Torterra is my favourite Pokémon.

For non-legendary, I've always liked all the dragon types....Garchomp is one I love and can remember from the top of my head. Porygon-Z is also a favorite for sentimental reasons! My favorite legendary is Dialga, with Solgaleo as a close second.

latest?cb=20140821041427Braviary. I have one in every team from Gen V onwards. Having a team without one just feels strange for me. 

Aside from Braviary, I love dragons types, so Salamence, Kommo-o and Hydreigon are also favourites. Favourite legendary is Rayquaza, followed by Reshiram.

Sawsbuck. I just fell for it as soon as I saw it. All its forms looks great. The fact it's the representative of my favourite Gen just makes it better.

Honorable Mentions :

• Mimikyuu : Like Sawsbuck (to Stantler), sometimes the copy is better than the original.
  • Metagross : I trained one in every generation. And will contuinue to do so as long as it's available. Probably my favourite Pseudo-Legendary.
  • Heatmor : This one is particular, since I actually didn't care about it at first. Then Gen 7 arrived,and it gained a signature move out of nowhere (despite not being available in any gen 7 games). So I started to look at it. And it's actually based on my second favourite animal.

On 21/03/2018 at 11:47 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

You get one guess after looking at my username.

Reveal hidden contents

It's Glaceon.

Mage ? Okay so we're searching for a pokemon who's a mage themed, probably Fairy or Psychic. Gotta be tough. Luckily, the first word of your pseudo give us the answer instantly, Glaceon... Glace is french for Ice, so we are searching for a pokemon who's most likely Psy/Ice, and there's only one pokemon who fit the bill, Jynx Didn't know you liek them extra thicc pal. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That or Smoochum, but Smoochum is... lame... and probably, maybe pedo I dunno what this thing is. Spoiler ? Pft, who needs them.

So after this perfect and very short gag of mine... Though seriously, long before this topic, it took me a while because thinking ''Wait, Glaceon, as in, the pokemon ?', shame on me.

My fav is Blaziken, I always found the concept of humanoid pokemon great, and not for the wrong reason. even if I do like Gardevoir, anyways, first time playing 3rd gen, I picked Torchic, the other two didn't had any apeal to me appearance wise, things were cool, things got even cooler when he evolved into a Fire/Fight Pokemon, things got even more cooler when he evolved into Blaziken. I love his design, I love the idea of a fire fighter human chicken, I love his stats, his attacks, his typing, it was love at first sight.

They tried to milk the Fire/Fight type, but it was no use, Blaziken was the one and true ultimate pokemon in my heart and of others as well. That, and they sucked... except the monkey, the monkey was sorta cool, I kinda like him, not Blaziken level, but you know, enough to be said.

For Legendary, I... dunno, I have a hard time, Giratina who have a whole Eldritch Lucifer wibe, but there is still my first legendary I ever caugh, Zapdos that is still in my heart.

On 17/04/2018 at 2:46 AM, B.Leu said:

Mage ? Okay so we're searching for a pokemon who's a mage themed, probably Fairy or Psychic. Gotta be tough. Luckily, the first word of your pseudo give us the answer instantly, Glaceon... Glace is french for Ice, so we are searching for a pokemon who's most likely Psy/Ice, and there's only one pokemon who fit the bill, Jynx Didn't know you liek them extra thicc pal. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That or Smoochum, but Smoochum is... lame... and probably, maybe pedo I dunno what this thing is. Spoiler ? Pft, who needs them.

So after this perfect and very short gag of mine... Though seriously, long before this topic, it took me a while because thinking ''Wait, Glaceon, as in, the pokemon ?', shame on me.

My fav is Blaziken, I always found the concept of humanoid pokemon great, and not for the wrong reason. even if I do like Gardevoir, anyways, first time playing 3rd gen, I picked Torchic, the other two didn't had any apeal to me appearance wise, things were cool, things got even cooler when he evolved into a Fire/Fight Pokemon, things got even more cooler when he evolved into Blaziken. I love his design, I love the idea of a fire fighter human chicken, I love his stats, his attacks, his typing, it was love at first sight.

They tried to milk the Fire/Fight type, but it was no use, Blaziken was the one and true ultimate pokemon in my heart and of others as well. That, and they sucked... except the monkey, the monkey was sorta cool, I kinda like him, not Blaziken level, but you know, enough to be said.

For Legendary, I... dunno, I have a hard time, Giratina who have a whole Eldritch Lucifer wibe, but there is still my first legendary I ever caugh, Zapdos that is still in my heart.

Jynx is also the perfect Pokémon to hunt the legendary beasts in Gn 2, with a combination of Mean Look, good speed, and Lovely Kiss. I hate Smoochum, because ut's the first shiny I missed (it doesn't even look like a shiny, dammit.)

It's sad that you can't tell anymore that you like Gardevoir... It's a really cool Pokémon. And it's not even an humanoid, it's on the Amorphous Egg Group. And, as often is the case for me, I like Gardevoir because of my Gen II Gardevoir that helped me catch Darkrai (Synchonize Ability + Timid Nature. I lost the cartridge, but it doesn't matter) and defeating the league with Calm Mind + Future Sight.

Speaking of Psychic Type Pokémon (yeah, amazing transition, I know), I forgot to mention Sigilyph. This Pokémon's Design is just so cool, so mysterious. And it's pretty good as well.