Your thoughts on biorhythm?

CatManThree

1 minute ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

You still need to engage those laguz at melee. Also, most range is inaccurate, so heaven affinity helps you land those hits with javelins etc.

I can't believe I'm still seeing "this person has less move than others so they won't even be able to get in support range" in 2018.

Fiona also has more trouble than Meg getting to second tier.

Also, regarding that Laguz chapter, thanks to the swamp and fog of war, 90% of the action is going to be taking place in that south western starting square.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

You still need to engage those laguz at melee. Also, most range is inaccurate, so heaven affinity helps you land those hits with javelins etc.

You DO realize that I'm talking about 3-13, do you not...??? Which is mostly a case of...

On 4/15/2018 at 1:08 PM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

"It's over, laguz! We have the high ground!"

Hit boosts from supports don't really help when what you're trying to attack is below you since you're likely going to have 100 hit. (On the other hand, if you're trying to attack from below, they might help... but just how often do you attack enemies on higher ground??)

I can't believe I'm still seeing "this person has less move than others so they won't even be able to get in support range" in 2018.

Well, her movement is an issue in most chapters (unless all of the DB chapters were magically changed into ones where you could just turtle your way to victory, well...). Her stats don't help in the ones where you can get away with defensive play.

Fiona also has more trouble than Meg getting to second tier.

Fair enough.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Also, regarding that Laguz chapter, thanks to the swamp and fog of war, 90% of the action is going to be taking place in that south western starting square.

That wasn't the one I was talking about.

58 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

That wasn't the one I was talking about.

Ah right, well then do you mean 3-13, the Defense Chapter? Because I'd maintain that's not a chapter were low movement hinders much as it's all about holding the choke points.

1 minute ago, Jotari said:

Ah right, well then do you mean 3-13, the Defense Chapter? Because I'd maintain that's not a chapter were low movement hinders much as it's all about holding the choke points.

That's what I had in mind. It's the other instance where Micaiah has an uphill battle against authority boosted units... except they're laguz, aka sitting ducks.

• 3 weeks later...

I have literally never understood biorhythm. I mean, I understand the mechanics but I don't understand the reason behind its implementation. When I or a friend had played FE9/10 casually, it always seemed like a random disadvantage. It seemed like you never noticed it when it was good and always noticed it when it was bad.

• 1 month later...