Awakening DLC Famitsu Scans

Azz

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then why show off all the other models? His is literally the only one not here out of the base Awakening group save for Chrom, and that's probably because they're showing off his costume instead. So I assume Frederick's not getting one.

EDIT: Oh, Robin's isn't here either, so I guess he/she also won't have one.

Sure looks like everything's here to me.

I still know nothing of his prf weapon, and I'm not spending money just for a weapon.

I disagree. The character choices are not good imo. I would've rather seen Inigo or Lon'qu or Stahl or Panne or Maribelle. Costume choices are meh. And Frederick didn't get anything. Can't believe how hard he got shafted here. I mean, I knew he kinda would get the short end of the stick, but not this badly. I thought I might at least see his broken armor model here.

If others like this, go ahead, have fun. But I don't like it and choose to ignore it. But imo, I think every character should've gotten at least one new costume.

Famitsu scans literally don't show everything for a game and/or DLC. It was the same for the Fates and Shadow Dragon DLC packs. They only show off some stuff and then release comes where we get much more than what's been told from the scans. Like new items, new prf weapons, new History Mode maps, new challenges, new armor break models for characters part of the DLC pack (like how everyone in Fates and Shadow Dragon got broken armor models even Lyn and Celica and Anna), etc.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, nocturnal YL said:

But yeah, armor break models apply to all characters in that game. DLC1 gave all Fates characters armor break models, and DLC2 did the same to all Shadow Dragon and miscellaneous characters.

Whatever the case, I still won't buy this pack. If I could only buy Frederick's weapon and BA model (if it exists), I would. But no, Koei is greedy and forces you to buy the entire pack if you want anything from it.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Then why show off all the other models? His is literally the only one not here out of the base Awakening group save for Chrom, and that's probably because they're showing off his costume instead. So I assume Frederick's not getting one.

Sure looks like everything's here to me.

I still know nothing of his prf weapon, and I'm not spending money just for a weapon.

I disagree. The character choices are not good imo. I would've rather seen Inigo or Lon'qu or Stahl or Maribelle. Costume choices are meh. And Frederick didn't get anything. Can't believe how hard he got shafted here. I mean, I knew he kinda would get the short end of the stick, but not this badly.

If others like this, go ahead, have fun. But I don't like it and choose to ignore it.

They picked 3. Fates did that, SD did that too. You'll note they did not show off either Robin? Literally every other character in the game has broken armors they are not going to arbitrarily decide not to give it to Frederick.

Likewise, they don't always show off the weapons. SD only showed off the wing spear because of its skill and because it was in Caeda's render. We didn't see the divine dragonstone or anna's bow until the website updated. Here we see Cordelia's Gungnir & Lissa's Healing Axe, but, again, they are not going to give the prf weapons to everyone except Frederick (Armored Axe, I believe) or Robin (Thoron)

If that's not enough for you, that's totally fair! But you made a pretty snap decision that goes against everything established in previous DLC packs and what has been datamined for months.

Whatever the case, I still won't buy this pack. If I could only buy Frederick's weapon and BA model (if it exists), I would. But no, Koei is greedy and forces you to buy the entire pack if you want anything from it.

I don't why you keep stating the fact Freddy wont have a BA model. As others have said, everyone has gotten one so far, they wouldn't exclude him. Also I don't see how Koei is greedy when what they are doing is basic business practise and exactly what they did with HW and HWL.

Just now, r_n said:

They picked 3. Fates did that, SD did that too. You'll note they did not show off either Robin? Literally every other character in the game has broken armors they are not going to arbitrarily decide not to give it to Frederick.

Likewise, they don't always show off the weapons. SD only showed off the wing spear because of its skill and because it was in Caeda's render. We didn't see the divine dragonstone or anna's bow until the website updated. Here we see Cordelia's Gungnir & Lissa's Healing Axe, but, again, they are not going to give the prf weapons to everyone except Frederick (Armored Axe, I believe) or Robin (Thoron)

If that's not enough for you, that's totally fair! But you made a pretty snap decision that goes against everything established in previous DLC packs and what has been datamined for months.

This pack didn't have anything datamined except a couple BA models and a couple weapons though. Not the costumes or anything else.

I knew what characters would be in this pack, even if I don't like any of them. Whether or not I'd buy this pack leaned on if Frederick got a costume or not, since I knew none of the characters would interest me, and I would pay money to get his costume, weapon, AND broken armor model. But he didn't get a costume, so there's no reason for me to get this pack.

Also, why not show anything for Robin or Frederick in this when everyone else got to have something? Cordelia and Lissa had costumes shown, so why not have the shown BA models include Frederick and Robin so everybody had something shown here?

Ffs people just leave Anacybele alone. She's not going to change, just leave her be and stop clogging up topics with this garbage.

Cool that the pack appears to be launching today, though. I'm expecting Olivia to have the unique moveset.

9 minutes ago, Azz said:

I don't why you keep stating the fact Freddy wont have a BA model. As others have said, everyone has gotten one so far, they wouldn't exclude him. Also I don't see how Koei is greedy when what they are doing is basic business practise and exactly what they did with HW and HWL.

I just think this practice is bad when the Smash DLC allowed people to buy characters and all individually. I don't get why more people can't do it this way.

This pack didn't have anything datamined except a couple BA models and a couple weapons though. Not the costumes or anything else.

I knew what characters would be in this pack, even if I don't like any of them. Whether or not I'd buy this pack leaned on if Frederick got a costume or not, since I knew none of the characters would interest me, and I would pay money to get his costume, weapon, AND broken armor model. But he didn't get a costume, so there's no reason for me to get this pack.

Also, why not show anything for Robin or Frederick in this when everyone else got to have something? Cordelia and Lissa had costumes shown, so why not have the shown BA models include Frederick and Robin so everybody had something shown here?

Well, first of all, this pack did have datamine things. We've known about Owain's sword, Lissa's axe (shown in her render) & Cordelia's lance (hidden behind Lissa) since the game came out becaues they, along side every other PRF weapon for base game characters, have been sitting unused in the code.

They are not going to arbitrarily give every single one of those weapons except 2. Especially one to Robin.

Famitsu never shows everything. Last time they did not, I believe, detail all the opuses or the divine dragon stone (also datamined) or I believe anna's bow (same!) until the website clarified. Fates' DLC showed off all of 3 armor breaks despit egiving it to everyone.

Again I get this isn't enough for you (though frankly ability to buy individual weapons and armor breaks for a single character would be even more greedy than a big bundle) to begin with, but you're just straight up wrong about what's being shown here.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just think this practice is bad when the Smash DLC allowed people to buy characters and all individually. I don't get why more people can't do it this way.

But thing is they were only selling characters, not new maps, weapons, skills, costumes, broken armour models etc that Koei is. But also Koei are a company, they have to make money. And you're a consumer, if you don't like it don't buy it.

Though as Florete said, I''m gonna leave it here since you don't seem to want to change your mind.

7 minutes ago, r_n said:

Well, first of all, this pack did have datamine things. We've known about Owain's sword, Lissa's axe (shown in her render) & Cordelia's lance (hidden behind Lissa) since the game came out becaues they, along side every other PRF weapon for base game characters, have been sitting unused in the code.

They are not going to arbitrarily give every single one of those weapons except 2. Especially one to Robin.

Famitsu never shows everything. Last time they did not, I believe, detail all the opuses or the divine dragon stone (also datamined) or I believe anna's bow (same!) until the website clarified. Fates' DLC showed off all of 3 armor breaks despit egiving it to everyone.

Again I get this isn't enough for you (though frankly ability to buy individual weapons and armor breaks for a single character would be even more greedy than a big bundle) to begin with, but you're just straight up wrong about what's being shown here.

I just said it did have a couple BA models and weapons datamined. I didn't deny that.

I never denied that Frederick was getting a weapon, I knew he was. I'm just not spending money JUST for one weapon.

Yes, I get this now. You don't have to keep telling me.

Seriously? Just because you like this pack doesn't mean I'm wrong not to like it. Also, why not make the models and weapons free while the characters and maps are paid? That would've worked.

EDIT: @Azz Why should I be forced to change my mind? But fair enough, I don't want this thread to be derailed either.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just said it did have a couple BA models and weapons datamined. I didn't deny that.

I never denied that Frederick was getting a weapon, I knew he was. I'm just not spending money JUST for one weapon.

Yes, I get this now. You don't have to keep telling me.

Seriously? Just because you like this pack doesn't mean I'm wrong not to like it.

I am saying that your assumptions about the scans showing everything were wrong, not that you were wrong to not want to buy it.

Like it's totally fine to not want to spend money on something you don't feel is worth it. Correcting you is not my attempt at gun point to get you to buy this pack

Edited by r_n

1 minute ago, r_n said:

I am saying that your assumptions about the scans showing everything were wrong, not that you were wrong to not want to buy it.

I don't know if I'm wrong on that yet. I'll admit it when I find out, if I find out.

Still not particularly keen on the character choices (Tharja and Olivia are pretty blatantly just in for sexual gratification and it shows, and Owain should have been free content) but those costumes all look really neat. Every pack before has added four extra costumes, though, so I'm wondering if there's a fourth they aren't showing or if we're really only getting three?

Not... sure what to think about this tactician mode thing though. Sounds pretty useless.

@Anacybele Frederick's weapon can't be sold separately because it and its associated scroll/opus are integrated into the History Mode maps that come with the pack. Same with any theoretical costume.

The maps have gotta have rewards, after all.

Edited by Anomalocaris

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: @Azz Why should I be forced to change my mind? But fair enough, I don't want this thread to be derailed either.

Last post I swear

Apologies, that's poor wording on my part. I never meant that you had to change your mind or that I was trying to force you to buy the DLC.

@Anomalocaris no I'm pretty sure it's just three (Unfortunately). The original leak from the Australian EShop said three costumes for this pack. Also Fates got 5 costumes.

Edited by Azz

4 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Frederick's weapon can't be sold separately because it and its associated scroll/opus are integrated into the History Mode maps that come with the pack. Same with any theoretical costume.

The maps have gotta have rewards, after all.

...What? So I'd have to go play some map to earn his weapon too instead of getting it right away? That sucks. Even less reason for me to get this pack then. I probably don't have anyone leveled up anywhere near enough.

Yes, maps have to have rewards. But those rewards could've been something else imo.

Also, I think I remember something saying this pack would only have three costumes, so there's no fourth, unfortunately. Though even if there was, I'd expect it to be for Robin...

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

Last post I swear

Apologies, that's poor wording on my part. I never meant that you had to change your mind or that I was trying to force you to buy the DLC.

Okay, fair enough.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Still not particularly keen on the character choices (Tharja and Olivia are pretty blatantly just in for sexual gratification and it shows, and Owain should have been free content) but those costumes all look really neat. Every pack before has added four extra costumes, though, so I'm wondering if there's a fourth they aren't showing or if we're really only getting three?

Not... sure what to think about this tactician mode thing though. Sounds pretty useless.

They're not adding a fourth. We've known back when the DLC was (accidentally) leaked in the eshop descriptions that we were onl getting 3 costumes.

Though if it makes you feel better, it's still technically for 4 for awakening...thanks to bride lucina for bying the season pass! 

1 minute ago, r_n said:

They're not adding a fourth. We've known back when the DLC was (accidentally) leaked in the eshop descriptions that we were onl getting 3 costumes.

Though if it makes you feel better, it's still technically for 4 for awakening...thanks to bride lucina for bying the season pass! 

Ah, didn't realize the eshop descriptions also quantified the costumes.

46 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

. I would've rather seen Inigo or Lon'qu or Stahl or Panne or Maribelle.

Y’know I’ve always wondered why olivia was the third character chosen. I mean owain and tharja I get cause tharja was the third most popular female character and owain was the most popular male child. While Olivia is indeed popular(placing 8th on the female popularity poll) , I’m wondering why she was chosen over say Severa or Inigo. 

Edited by Otts486

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

Ah, didn't realize the eshop descriptions also quantified the costumes.

It even accounted for Corrin's 2 costumes in the Fates DLC.

I remember everyone being very confused at the broken armors since that hadn't been added to the game yet. fun times

Though I;m wondering, since we know each new HM map is based on the character's recruitment and Tharja is recruited in Emmeryn's death map, who's gonna play Emmeryn? Lissa would be likely, but I don't think they would do it that obvious.

@Otts486 I believe they originally said they didn't want to have kid characters in the game due to their nature of only having a set mother, but Lucian and Owain were both pushed by IntSys, which would explain why the likes of Inigo and Severa were passed over. Also, that would be a whole swords pack.

Edited by Azz

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

Though I;m wondering, since we know each new HM map is based on the character's recruitment and Tharja is recruited in Emmeryn's death map, who's gonna play Emmeryn? Lissa would be likely, but I don't think they would do it that obvious.

Ceada might work, but it will probably be a Fates character or Lissa.

1 hour ago, r_n said:

Man what on earth is going on with Olivia's sword. There's just...a lot...going on there.

Some of the new stuff added is kind of odd, isn't it?

This for example. Why...? We have hero weapons.

It's for if you like the design on one of the normal weapons (f. ex. I really like the Bronze and Steel Tome designs so now I can use those for any kind of mission).

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

Probably Caeda.

I'm curious if Gangrel will be played by Darios in either Tharja or Olivia's maps. Or if somebody will be Campari in the former's.

1 minute ago, Folt said:

It's for if you like the design on one of the normal weapons (f. ex. I really like the Bronze and Steel Tome designs so now I can use those for any kind of mission).

That makes sense, I suppose. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if they made them rainbow colored.