Awakening DLC Famitsu Scans

Azz

Credit to @bk2128 and @therprinceofiris on Twitter.

Spoiler

5ab289b2172eb_DY0jxpQVwAAlmjV1.thumb.jpg.50d5c61364a737891affc8d1afe257ab.jpg

5ab289c8cb1d5_DY0jyWuU0AAidu81.thumb.jpg.a8c33cc67f81f9c4d56102c3bd4e628a.jpg

New Characters:

-Owian

-Tharja

-Olivia

Character Skills (Translated by @VincentASM)

-Olivia has Galeforce, which raises Awakening and Warrior gauge each time a strong enemy is defeated.

-Tharja has Destruction Pact, which increases attack power with low HP, but causes HP to slowly decrease with time.

-Owain has Balancing Resonance (very loose translation), which increases attack power the smaller the difference between the STR and MAG stats.

New Costumes:

-Exalt Chrom

-Sage Lissa (Emmeryn)

-Dark Flier Cordelia

Other Updates:

-Level cap raised to 150

-New blessing called Infinial Blessing, which raises all enemy levels to 150

-A new weapon skill that raises normal weapon power to the same as personal weapon (480)

-You can reset character level to 1 in exchange for materials

-Another new blessing called Strategist Blessing which means your controlled characetrs can't deal damage but NPCs will fight a lot better as a result.

Apparently the pack releases on the 22nd in Japan. If this is the case, then that means it shall come out at 9.00 a.m JST, so that means it should be out midnight GMT, 8 p.m EST ( think) and 5 p.m PST (Again I think). That's today.

Yes I know we have the update topic but that has gotten fairly bloated, and I think this deserves its own topic. If a mod feels it doesn't feel free to lock it.

Edited by Azz
Fixed my mistake.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the Sage's Hamlet is a map. And where was the Exalt costume taken from?? I don't remember seeing Chrom look like that.

4 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Looks like the Sage's Hamlet is a map. And where was the Exalt costume taken from?? I don't remember seeing Chrom look like that.

It's from FE Cipher, like Ryoma's and Xander's promotions.

9 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

It's a design that's been around for years, first seen on Kozaki's twitter.

Yesssss I've been so excited for this one. Glad to see Olivia and Tharja's renders look good, after Linde's looked so odd. ...I'm not sure what's going on with Owain's pose in this though, lol.

Man what on earth is going on with Olivia's sword. There's just...a lot...going on there.

Some of the new stuff added is kind of odd, isn't it?

-A new weapon skill that raises normal weapon power to the same as personal weapon (720)

This for example. Why...? We have hero weapons.

or this blessing

Another new blessing called Strategist Blessing which means your controlled characetrs can't deal damage but NPCs will fight a lot better as a result.

Which I have to hope is a mistranslation because there is no situation where this is a good thing?

I AM pretty intrigued by the character reset ability. I wouldn't necessarily do it now, but if it gives a lot of materials i will gladly throw Xander into the chipper, relevel him, and do it again and again.

Also bummed we got Dark Flier Cordelia instead of Dark Mage Owain. And surprisingly Owain is the first character whose model did not match their official artwork.

280?cb=20170321174956

strange, since i'm pretty sure he mimics it perfectly in his intro scene.

No costume for Frederick. Just as I figured. Not even a broken armor model which is rather surprising, so he's the only one of the Awakening cast getting literally nothing here. Disappointing and rather unfair imo.

There seems to be nothing interesting/good in this pack, so I'm passing on it.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, r_n said:

Also bummed we got Dark Flier Cordelia instead of Dark Mage Owain. And surprisingly Owain is the first character whose model did not match their official artwork.

280?cb=20170321174956

strange, since i'm pretty sure he mimics it perfectly in his intro scene.

Owain actually isn't the first, both Takumi's and Sakura's renders are different from the OA.

3 minutes ago, r_n said:

Man what on earth is going on with Olivia's sword. There's just...a lot...going on there.

And surprisingly Owain is the first character whose model did not match their official artwork.

Part of her outfit is covering it, too.

Also Takumi didn't either, which I found weird too.

Wait this launches tonight

what?

What?????

I had assumed it would be next week since Hyrule Warriors came out today and they usually ran the famitsu a week ahead of time.

????????????????????????????????????????????

6 minutes ago, r_n said:

what?

What?????

I had assumed it would be next week since Hyrule Warriors came out today and they usually ran the famitsu a week ahead of time.

According to BlackKite on twitter who I got most of the translations from, yes, the DLC is out tonight.

Side note, Owain's render is based on one of his Cipher cards:

Spoiler

DY0-j_ZU0AA2nqv.png

Edited by Azz

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No costume for Frederick. Just as I figured. Not even a broken armor model which is rather surprising. Disappointing though.

They didn't show off his broken armor, but everyone from awakening gets their broken armor in this pack.

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

Owain actually isn't the first, both Takumi's and Sakura's renders are different from the OA.

Oh huh, you're right. Surprsiing for Takumi (he event has 2 pieces to go off of), but Sakura I guess makes sense. Elise's artwork (featuring a staff) works pretty well when you swap the staff for the book, but it'd be a little awawkrd to swap the staff for a bow.

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No costume for Frederick. Just as I figured. Not even a broken armor model which is rather surprising, so he's the only one of the Awakening cast getting literally nothing here. Disappointing and rather unfair imo.

Um, you do know that the Famitsu scans don't show everything, right? Frederick will get his broken armor model and his own prf weapon just like everyone else.

There's plenty of interesting/good in this pack, imo.

Edited by Linkmstr

12 minutes ago, r_n said:

This for example. Why...? We have hero weapons.

Not sure myself since I can't read Japanese, but I read a translation elsewhere that said it negates the power reduction from slayer skills.

13 minutes ago, r_n said:

Which I have to hope is a mistranslation because there is no situation where this is a good thing?

So you can afk.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

Not sure myself since I can't read Japanese, but I read a translation elsewhere that said it negates the power reduction from slayer skills.

So you can afk.

but even with more competent AI this seems ill advised since you can't deal damage but you can pretty certainyl take damage.

Just seems weird thing to devote a blessing to

2 minutes ago, nocturnal YL said:

Now that I think about it, how is tactician mode going to work in missions where you can use only one character?

It'll probably work. Horribly. But a smarter strategist wouldn't use it on a mission where they're the only one available. :P

Edited by Technoweirdo

11 minutes ago, r_n said:

what?

What?????

Holy fack!

12 minutes ago, r_n said:

They didn't show off his broken armor, but everyone from awakening gets their broken armor in this pack.

Then why show off all the other models? His is literally the only one not here out of the base Awakening group save for Chrom, and that's probably because they're showing off his costume instead. So I assume Frederick's not getting one.

EDIT: Oh, Robin's isn't here either, so I guess he/she also won't have one.

10 minutes ago, Linkmstr said:

Um, you do know that the Famitsu scans don't show everything, right? Frederick will get his broken armor model and his own prf weapon just like everyone else.

There's plenty of interesting/good in this pack, imo.

Sure looks like everything's here to me.

I still know nothing of his prf weapon, and I'm not spending money just for a weapon.

I disagree. The character choices are not good imo. I would've rather seen Inigo or Lon'qu or Stahl or Panne or Maribelle. Costume choices are meh. And Frederick didn't get anything. Can't believe how hard he got shafted here. I mean, I knew he kinda would get the short end of the stick, but not this badly. I thought I might at least see his broken armor model here.

If others like this, go ahead, have fun. But I don't like it and choose to ignore it. But imo, I think every character should've gotten at least one new costume.

Edited by Anacybele

23 minutes ago, dmurr said:

Yesssss I've been so excited for this one. Glad to see Olivia and Tharja's renders look good, after Linde's looked so odd. ...I'm not sure what's going on with Owain's pose in this though, lol.

Owain is going on with Owain's pose.

15 minutes ago, Technoweirdo said:

It'll probably work. Horribly. But a smarter strategist wouldn't use it on a mission where they're the only one available. :P

I can imagine it now. Get the blessing, enter battle as the sole unit, fail to attack, get a game over, try again, wonder why nothing works and slowly go insane.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then why show off all the other models? His is literally the only one not here out of the base Awakening group save for Chrom, and that's probably because they're showing off his costume instead. So I assume Frederick's not getting one.

They didn't show Robin either. (EDIT: okay, you noticed that as well.)

But yeah, armor break models apply to all characters in that game. DLC1 gave all Fates characters armor break models, and DLC2 did the same to all Shadow Dragon and miscellaneous characters.

Edited by nocturnal YL

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sure looks like everything's here to me.

I still know nothing of his prf weapon, and I'm not spending money just for a weapon.

I disagree. The character choices are not good imo. I would've rather seen Inigo or Lon'qu or Stahl or Panne or Maribelle. Costume choices are meh. And Frederick didn't get anything. Can't believe how hard he got shafted here. I mean, I knew he kinda would get the short end of the stick, but not this badly. I thought I might at least see his broken armor model here.

If others like this, go ahead, have fun. But I don't like it and choose to ignore it. But imo, I think every character should've gotten at least one new costume.

I don't know if you have been following the DLC, but every character has gotten a broken armour model. They always only show of three in the Famitsu scans, so both Robins and Frederick will get a broken armour model.

Also, not every character in each pack got a new costume. All the Fates royals (But Corrin, Azura, Takumi and Camilla), the Fates DLC characetrs, Anna, Celica, the SD DLC characters and now the Robins and Fredericks along with the Awakening DLC characters have not gotten costumes.