Awakening DLC Famitsu Scans

Azz

36 minutes ago, dmurr said:

Bride is actually a class in Awakening though that her outfit is modeled after. 

Really, the only not "serious" outfits are the Shadow Dragon DLC costumes with the wedding outfits. Everything else is modeled after something from the games. Well, Caeda's dress is based on her Heroes one, so I guess that counts too.

It's kind of funny though that Marth's wedding outfit, despite not being serious, is of such a high quality and excellent design that it actually ends up being one of the best serious costumes in the game as well.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, finally. I was starting to worry. I definitely won't finish S-ranking the Shadow Dragon maps today.

Ryoma's my strongest character, and I'm gonna give Owain the same treatment. He'll come in handy for maps that require Awakening heroes. Can't wait to unlock his system voice, too. X)

It's gonna be awkward seeing Sage Lissa wield her axe. And Exalt Chrom's been getting quite a bit of love these days, huh. That costume should change his warrior/awakening special quotes to "I'm being helpful!"

3 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Also now we can finally know how pronounce Tharja's name,  Thar-ya, or Thar-ja. I hope it's the later. 

Thar-ya never made sense to me, and I only suspect it caught on because of a certain Norwegian. Otherwise, putting an accent on her name seems arbitrary. 

Who's to say it's not "Thar-ha"? 

3 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Thar-ya never made sense to me, and I only suspect it caught on because of a certain Norwegian. Otherwise, putting an accent on her name seems arbitrary. 

Who's to say it's not "Thar-ha"? 

I don't know what "certain Norwegian" you're talking about, but "Thar-ya" was how I read it the instant I saw the name for the first time.

Just now, Florete said:

I don't know what "certain Norwegian" you're talking about, but "Thar-ya" was how I read it the instant I saw the name for the first time.

Mangs. 

I always read it with a hard J. I figured if it was supposed to by "Thar-ya", it'd be spelled with a Y or an I. 

5 hours ago, r_n said:

And surprisingly Owain is the first character whose model did not match their official 

strange, since i'm pretty sure he mimics it perfectly in his intro scene.

Camilla's is a little different too, it looks more like her statuette to me. Tiki has a new pose too that I haven't placed yet..this goes for both her render and amiibo having new poses.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

No costume for Frederick. Just as I figured. Not even a broken armor model which is rather surprising, so he's the only one of the Awakening cast getting literally nothing here. Disappointing and rather unfair imo.

There seems to be nothing interesting/good in this pack, so I'm passing on it.

The broken models aren't useable costumes anyway, so you're only missing out on his weapon and new missions. The BA models are just there when an Armor Breaker weapon is used and it destroys their armor.

5 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Whatever the case, I still won't buy this pack. If I could only buy Frederick's weapon and BA model (if it exists), I would. But no, Koei is greedy and forces you to buy the entire pack if you want anything from it.

I don't think it's greedy..it would cost those that want everything a lot more if it was all seperated..plus the costumes and weapons are all tied to the History Maps.

5 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I'm pretty sure it's Thar-yah. That's closer to the Japanese pronunciation than a hard 'J'.

I'm looking forward to finally having this answered. I lean towards Tharya too.

Edited by Deva Ashera

3 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Considering Sonja is pronounced Sonya, and the Japanese version of her name is Sallya or something along those lines, its likely meant to be pronounced with a y.

But English Sonya is actually spelled with a y.

3 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Yo, we're live it seems. I've got a download going, at least.

That could be the older update that didn't do anything though. Though maybe it would be smart to download now before the actual update in case it makes it take longer.

1 minute ago, Azz said:

That could be the older update that didn't do anything though. Though maybe it would be smart to download now before the actual update in case it makes it take longer.

Ah, hmm.

Well, I'll know in... 33 minutes according to the download screen. Sheesh.

Surprised to see the Awakening DLC coming out tomorrow instead of next week. I have been looking forward to playing as Owain despite him being a Ryoma clone but at least his specials will most likely have him doing something dramatic. Olivia will probably be interesting to play as well. Cordelia's Dark Falcon costume looks nice on her too since I wasn't a fan of her wearing pink with her Falcon Knight promotion. Chrom's and Lissa's costumes look nice as well and makes sense for choices.

I'm also kind of wondering if Celica will get a support with one of these DLC characters this time if we assume that her, Anna and Lyn are this game's bonus characters and since Anna had one with Oboro in the Fates DLC and Lyn had one with Navarre in the SD DLC.

3 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Yeah, it's just the decoy update I never got around to downloading. The real one should be out soon though, yeah?

Yeah it should be live in about 20 mins.

1 hour ago, Slumber said:

Mangs. 

I always read it with a hard J. I figured if it was supposed to by "Thar-ya", it'd be spelled with a Y or an I. 

Not if they are going with a Norse way of spelling, Js can be pronounced like Ys in that regard.

Tharja is likely a different way of translating Sallya similar to other things such as Caeda (See-da) from Shiida, Aeris from Aerith, and other cases since the same Japanese characters can be used to mimic different English sounds, such as Su (like in Aerisu for Aerith/Aeris) could be an S or a Th sound. Similarly, as most are aware, an R sound could substitute an L sound, same for B & V. So you see how Sallya (Sariya) could become Tharja (Tharya) if they took the S sound for meaning a Th and the R sound for being an R sound rather then the L sound it was meant to be.

On an interesting note, Navarre could totally have been taken as Nabarl due to the same case.