Make 1 change to any FE scene to make it instantly ruin the moment

Faellin

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Micaiah goes to stab Pelleas, he changes his mind about the whole dying thing and stabs her instead.

alternatively, Almehda walks in and stabs her, with Pelleas freaking out 

Edited by ChefGuevara

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Specifically mutton for older players' sake.

In FE6...

Spoiler

Hector is killed by poison mutton instead of by bleeding out after a long, grueling battle.

1 hour ago, ChefGuevara said:

When Micaiah goes to stab Pelleas, he changes his mind about the whole dying thing and stabs her instead.

This sounds like it's less a thing that would kill the tone and more like something you wish was the case.

not like micaiah would die anyways, only the player gets that privilege.

That one cutscene where Ranulf confronts Zelgius while the laguz alliance is crossing the rahban, if they let that cutscene kept going on until after Ranulf pounces to attack Zelgius and gets a mouthful of sword. I can't imagine that attack going any other way, there is a good reason why Ranulf was losing when we return to him after that map.

12 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

This sounds like it's less a thing that would kill the tone and more like something you wish was the case.

not like micaiah would die anyways, only the player gets that privilege.

That one cutscene where Ranulf confronts Zelgius while the laguz alliance is crossing the rahban, if they let that cutscene kept going on until after Ranulf pounces to attack Zelgius and gets a mouthful of sword. I can't imagine that attack going any other way, there is a good reason why Ranulf was losing when we return to him after that map.

nah Micaiah has grown on me over the years if anything I'd have liked to see Ike get shanked

Lucina shows her eye to Chrom to show him she is his daughter, only for the Brand to turn out to be a contact lens that falls out midway into the scene and reveal her as a total hoax along the lines of Anastasia.

When Ashera makes everyone stoned, it instead makes everyone stoned. The insatiable munchies that follows lead everyone to die in anguish being unable to find enough food to sate their hunger, but they're too kind from being stoned to fight and eat each other, but necrophagy does end up happening.

Almedha somehow musters dragon form in rage and sorrw despite not being able to, and kills Micaiah for killing Pelleas, which she threatens to do in the Japanese script.

A Warp Powder malfunction in PoR causes Zelgius's body to remain in Fort Pinell but not his armor or clothes, awkward!

I could think of more, but some are too sleazy to be worth posting, and non-sleazy stuff takes more work.

I'd think this would be more an FFtF thing, but oh well.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd think this would be more an FFtF thing, but oh well.

SHHHH DON'T GIVE ECLIPSE IDEAS

3 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

In FE6...

Hide contents

Hector is killed by poison mutton instead of by bleeding out after a long, grueling battle.

YES

YEEEEESSSSSS

In Binding Blade,

Spoiler

Roy successfully reaches Hector, and Hector's last words to Our Boi are...

Spoiler

I'm sorry, Roy…but your princess is in another castle...

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A Warp Powder malfunction in PoR causes Zelgius's body to remain in Fort Pinell but not his armor or clothes, awkward

Or even maybe not his sword Alondite.

(Couldn’t resist XD)

Edited by Arcphoenix

When Celica dashes towards Alm they both fall off the balcony and end up needing to sit the next act out due to their injuries.

Fates characters wearing most accessories especially the effigy mask.

Chrom wearing his spring outfit at the end of chapter 13 when Lucina reveals herself. Especially if Lucina is wearing her spring outfit.

As Rudolf is on his last breath (HP/gameplay wise, not story), he's realizes that the next attack will probably kill him, and tries to tell Alm about his past before it's too late. Unfortunately, before he can open his mouth, Alm scores a critical and decapitates him.

That, or Alm slits Rudolf's throat with a critical, leading to several awkward minutes of the mighty king of Rigel bleeding/choking to death.

Spoiler

Alternatively, Rudolf tells Alm about his true parentage and how his brand means he's destined to use Falchion to slay Duma. And then Rudolf dies.

And then a Duma Faithful assassin appears and kills Alm.

Spoiler

Instead of graceful speech Duma gives after his defeat, he instead summarizes his words as:

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! (YOU STABBED ME IN THE EYE!!! It's okay, I'm the god of power. I'm used to these kinds of blows). Anyway, gg bro. I hope you use both me and my sis's lessons as you move on to the next game mode. We're going to be leaving the game for a while, so don't bother contacting us. Bye."

When Zephiel goes to attack Cecilia, she dodges and crits him.

When Hector's dying, his last words are lamenting wasting "Battle Before Dawn" saving Zephiel and have nothing to do with anything.

When Alm throws his shield before jumping at Duma, Duma suddenly turns tail and runs making that "whoop whoop whoop whoop" that Zoidberg from Futurama used to.

In Echoes,

when Duma gives his last words to Alm and Celica, he accidentally sneezes, covering them in mad dragon snot.

Then he gets up and complains about allergies for about an hour or so and how Mila would never hand him tissues when they still lived together as siblings, which is revealed to be the true reason for his madness.

In Fates Revelation, after Corrin refuses to pick a side and Azura tries to convince them to attack both armies, they're like "Nope" and just leave the scene.

Edited by DragonFlames

Any scene with Reptor, his monocle falls out.

When they confront Ashera in Radiant Dawn, she's eating a banana.

In Shadow Dragon, when Marth says he couldn't of defeated Medeus without the help of his friends, and every named playable character aside from himself is dead so you can get the Gaiden's. THIS IS ACTUALLY LIKELY TO HAPPEN!

18 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Lucina shows her eye to Chrom to show him she is his daughter, only for the Brand to turn out to be a contact lens that falls out midway into the scene and reveal her as a total hoax along the lines of Anastasia.

More like that old South Park episode.

Edited by Jotari

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

In Fates Revelation, after Corrin refuses to pick a side and Azura tries to convince them to attack both armies, they're like "Nope" and just leave the scene.

Oh, this gives me an idea!

Corrin: "Dance battle."
Everyone: "What."
Corrin: "Dance battle.  I side with whoever has the best moves."
Azura: "NO!  It was supposed to be a singing contest!"

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Oh, this gives me an idea!

Corrin: "Dance battle."
Everyone: "What."
Corrin: "Dance battle.  I side with whoever has the best moves."
Azura: "NO!  It was supposed to be a singing contest!"

Come on, you know Azura still has the best moves out of anyone there...unless Xander brought Laslow.

Edited by Jotari

22 hours ago, ChefGuevara said:

Imagine if the cutscene went by Micaiah's strength stat and it turned out she can't damage him with a knife so you hear a tink sound. 

In Fates, 

Spoiler

When Flora sets herself on fire, everyone decides to have a funeral for her... by having a barbecue party using the fire she set. Felicia just happened to have brought a bag of marshmallows. Sigurd and Rinea can have barbecue funerals as well XD

In Awakening, when Chrom finds Robin in the field and helps him/her up, after he looks deeply into their eyes... instead of the cutscene ending there, he hugs and kisses them (not that it would be ruined for me though XD I always thought that scene seemed romantic. I actually thought Chrom/Robin was canon until Sumia showed up)

During the cutscene where the Ferox border guards throw javelins at Chrom, Sumia misses the resucue and end's up hitting a snow pile, and thus the story of Awakening ends early...

...except that Chrom is still okay, as Kellam decided to move to recruit himself early, and by sheer coincidence dual-guarded against every projectile.

(Admittedly, I don't know if this would ruin the moment, or make it more awesome (or both)).

When Ryoma's cutscene starts in Conquest he actually ends up setting the whole castle on fire. The next map is an escape mission out of the now burning castle with a quick scene at the start of Ryoma, Kagero, and Saizo bickering about how they told Ryoma not to do that. Ryoma of course responds with "But it was cool!"

Any scene in awakening with Robin: Robin shows up as the gender you didn't pick. And ONLY Chrom seems to notice.

Chapter 16 Conquest: Instead of Shura raiding the armies gold coffers, its revealed to be Anna. She then turns around and gets a crit on Corrin. Game over.

SoV Act 1: Instead of Clive giving lead of the deliverance to Alm, he gives it to Faye

SD: Gharnef starts bragging as Imhullu is giving him an invincible barrier. And it runs out of uses, thus breaks in front of Marth and the barrier goes away.

Fates: Iago's entire voiceover is replaced with Iago from disney's Aladdin.

Edited by Faellin