Games you are waiting for.

Raven

A mix of passion and not so passionate desires.

• SMT V
  • Octopath Traveler- will wait for reviews
  • The Etrian Odyssey "celebration" they have not described at all
  • FE Switch (of course!)
  • Bravely Third
  • Mega Man X Collection (but only if it has restore points/save states)
  • Wargroove (I have no hopes that this will be particularly good, if anything I expect it to be alright at best)
  • Rune Factory 4 (waiting for price drop/sale to $20)
  • 7th Dragon: Code VFD (also waiting for a price drop/sale to $20)

I'm not really in a rush right for new games right now, I've got enough backlog that I'm set for a while.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

That last image, at they very least, tells me that, even if it's not a Xenoblade Chronicles 3, it'll still have the vast open worlds that Monolith Soft's been doing since Xenoblade Chronicles. Which is why, until we get an official name for this game, i'll just be referring to this game as Xenoepic.

•  

Heard about, but never saw that artwork before. The aesthetic of the first picture says Impressionism to me. But the other pic is quite different in aesthetic and there is a high likelihood Male(?) Sword Protag and Miss(?) Little Red Riding Crossbow could undergo a design change by the time the game releases (I'd expect 2019 if Monolith shows it off at all at E3, XC2 will have been out long enough by that point that they can officially move on to XCX Switch Port/X2 this mystery game).

3 hours ago, Florete said:

I also am considering Code of Princess EX on Switch since I heard good things but never played the original, but it's a ways away (Sept 25) so we'll see.

Never heard about them announcing this. Not particularly great from what I'm aware, and the majority of the big cast of playables being online only when online died fast didn't help. Nor did having the four story playables be a very bare princess, a zombie girl in her underwear, a tomboyish decently dressed thief, and an effeminate male elf. I'd still consider it on sale as long as the big cast is usable offline.

Also it's already out, but I'm waiting until the current semester is over before I get Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth. I’ve been contemplating my potential first team. Any tips? I haven’t looked at any skill data guide or anything, and don’t plan to until well into my first run. I just want to know if my plans are basically solid.

Spoiler

I was thinking Pugilist as one of them- it looks cool (then again, all classes do) and I like having access to Binds- although I know from two Expert EOU2 runs they are rarely necessary with sufficient healing/damage mitigation/overwhelming offense, for random battles at least. I’d probably pick the Barrage Brawler title, as I’m not that big on risk and HP consumption is risky, it also sounds from the snippet on the minisite to be more bind-oriented.

To continue being on the safe side going in blind the first time, I’m thinking a Dragoon, boring is traditional damage mitigation, but it works and I won’t complain about not being OHKOed by everything thanks to them. I’m thinking Shield Bearer to be extra safe, but I could see about Cannon Bearer, particularly given my next choice is…

Botanist. Since I plan to use every class in their default race, I’ve already hit my quota for humans. I heard having one of every race is between than not, due to racial skills and these adventure moments that give EXP I hear about, hence my plans. The super healing super healer whose life is heal heal heal is boring too, but between this and a Dragoon, death should struggle with me (although I do expect it to win a lot still- EO is EO after all). Merciful Healer seems like it might be overkill in this setup, and Ailments go well with Binds, so Graced Poisoner?

Now about my Therian and Celestrian choices. 

For Therian, I was originally thinking Rover, but for some reason, the Survivalist/Sniper of this game is losing its luster on me. So I think I’ll choose Masurao (what does this translate out of Japanese as?) instead. Blade Master sounds much safer than Blade Dancer, but I should have the leeway between Dragoon and Botanist to make Blade Dancer work- if I don’t, what team does?

For Celestrian, I was originally thinking Warlock, but then again, why stick to the simple and boring? Necromancer sounds like it’s more fun to me. Spirit Evoker vs. Spirit Broker, well if I’m using a Graced Poisoner Botanist and some form of Dragoon, the Broker might be better here. I also overheard having only 1 “summoning” class on any team is ideal, so no Rover and Necromancer together, which I assume are the only summoning classes.

So in short, a Pugilist-Dragoon-Masurao-Botanist-Necromancer team.

The good is hopefully some strong shutdown and survivability, the flaw is possibly a lack of elemental and Stab damage. But as long as no boss is physically resistant, I should not have a major problem here, my EOU R-DH-P-H-T team didn’t (until the Storm Emperor and the 5th and 6th Stratum bosses).

And since I’d want to try out all the classes, I’d eventually want to do a second playthrough (assuming this game has as many save slots as EOU2, that won’t be an issue) with all the classes I didn’t use on my first run. Which would therefore preliminarily be:

Fencer-Harbinger-Shaman-Rover-Warlock.

Fencer, Shaman and Warlock says elemental team to me, but the other two classes don’t. Does everyone need perfect synergy though?

Fencer- I’ve never done a dodgetanking unit, but if the Phantom Duelist has no way of dealing with AoEs, the major flaw of a Chain Dancing Survivalist, I’ll probably want to skip the cooler sounding legendary title for Chain Duelist. But this begs the question- how do Chains work? Like Chasers or Links? Do I need elemental hits from other units to trigger them like Chasers, or will any hit trigger them like Links?

Harbinger- Deathbringer has Ailments, fun! But my team looks like it might need serious defensive support sans Dragoon/Botanist, would Deathguard offer sufficient support? The minisite doesn’t give much of an explanation as to how this class works.

Shaman- Divine Punisher sounds great for a Chain Duelist regardless of how the Chains work. But my team might need the healing of Divine Herald, Vitality Prayer being particularly incredible I would imagine for avoiding being OHKOed.

Rover- Once again, the offense vs. defense issue arises. Flying Falcon sounds like Volley Shot to me, that Sniper skill that goes “Miss” nine times, once “Hit”, and then “Miss” six more times without a Leg Bind or Paralyze inflicted first. But assuming Chains = Links and Million Shot doesn’t trigger before my Fencer sets up their Chains, if I do have a way of Paralyzing or Leg Binding, then the damage this could bring is huge. Hunting Hound- well again, I don’t know how badly I’d need it, but healing is something this team needs with no Dragoon around.

Warlock- Well Fencer and Rover can bring on the Stab and Harbinger Cut, so physically speaking I’d only be missing Blunt, but how important is that really? Hence Omnimancer, while sounding cool, would likely be skipped in favor of elemental bombardment via Elemancer.

My EO style is hardest difficulty (except maybe for endgame grinding- 99R99 sounds too tedious to get on Expert) setting, but I’m not so deep in the numbers as to be able to run a hyper-offense. My TP supply in an Expert Story EOU2 with no alter class finds itself on everyone but Bertrand near the point of exhaustion by the time a boss dies even with a Proof of Nobility (though I just finished off Arachne and soon I’ll be able to cook the TP Regeneration food, that plus an eventual planned investment in Fafnir’s TP regen while Force Boosted should give me plenty of TP).

And none of this addresses the issue of what profile pics I’d give everyone! I like making my class choices balanced for the genders- EO stands for Equal Opportunity (never mind the girls tend to wear a little less clothing and tend to be posing in such a way to make their assets stand out), but aesthetics matter too!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Heard about, but never saw that artwork before. The aesthetic of the first picture says Impressionism to me. But the other pic is quite different in aesthetic and there is a high likelihood Male(?) Sword Protag and Miss(?) Little Red Riding Crossbow could undergo a design change by the time the game releases (I'd expect 2019 if Monolith shows it off at all at E3, XC2 will have been out long enough by that point that they can officially move on to XCX Switch Port/X2 this mystery game).

2019 seems to be the expected release date with the people i've talked to about this or at the very least, we'll see it by then. I do kinda doubt that will see it at this year's E3. After all, the game wasn't even officially revealed, these screenshots came out of a job listing. We know the game is coming but i wouldn't be surprised if it released in 2020.

Then again, it's likely that they'll just reuse assets to speed up development like they did with XC2. But even then, i'm not too sure on seeing it at this year's E3. Only time will tell.

It is interesting to mention that the job listing was the Monolith Soft's Tokyo studio. Monolith Soft has two studios, one in Tokyo and one in Kyoto and i believe the one based in Kyoto handled Xenoblade 2, Breath of the Wild, and other projects. If that's true, then it likely means the Tokyo studio's been working on "Xenoepic" and possibly reusing assess without being interrupted by the other projects at the Kyoto studio, which would cause for a faster development time.....maybe.

Bayonetta 3 (switch)

The Takeover (PC)

Dragon's Crown (PS4)

Fire Emblem (switch)

Devil May Cry V (not announced yet, but I'm calling it for PS4)

Also, any Wii U exclusives that are not Smash Bros, Zelda, or Mario that get switch rereleases, I will encourage with my money. I'm looking at you, TMS#FE.

Released:

Super Mario Odyssey

Gran Turismo Sport

Code Name S. T. E. A. M. 

Persona 4: Dancing All Night

Need For Speed Payback

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

The Alliance Alive

Upcoming:

TWEWY: Final Remix

Luigi's Mansion 3DS

Smash Bros. Switch 

FE Switch

Strange Journey Redux

SMT5

Edited by RulerJeanne

Now that it has a release date, Dragon Quest XI. 

I was hoping for a summer release date(I guess September 4th technically is summer) and a simultaneous Switch port, but alas. 

Also thank God it has voice acting. 

FE Switch - duh

Octopath Traveler - I liked the demo and it seems right up my alley and since there's no word on Bravely Third, this seems like a closest thing to it for now.

Shin Megami Tensei 5 - I've wanted to try out a SMT game for a while and this seems like a good opportunity. I will wait for reviews, however.

Remembered about Pathfinder: Kingmaker game from a trailer that came out yesterday - should be coming out later this year.

I'm a big fan of cRPGs, including Divinity: Original Sin 2 that came out last year, but from the alpha gameplay I've seen it's been a while since I've seen a game that faithfully recreates the D&D systems.

Plus the Kingmaker campaign is a rather unique one about ruling more than just being some party.

Edited by Tryhard

Victoria III: Vicky 2 has a lot of good thing but by god that map, those factories, the complete lack of flavour and events. Really want to see it updated.

Europa Universalis V: EU4 is good and cool but I'd like to see pops and more worked out slave trade.

Monster Hunter World on PC is about the only game I am waiting for. I don't have a switch although, I have been thinking about getting one. If I do, maybe I'll be looking foward to FE switch, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. The last few new FE games have been disappointing to me. This doesn't include the remakes though. Just awakening and Conquest

Edited by SlayerX

So I have 2 lists, games I'm waiting on to be announced and games that have been announced I'm waiting to release

Has been announced: Valkyria Chronicles 4 (I lost my mind the day this was announced, cause I had beaten the first game and spent 12 hours playing it before I got off and checked youtube to see the announcement trailer), God Eater 3 (I'm hyped for it cause so far it looks amazing gameplay wise, at least a step up from rage burst, though the lore has me nervous cause I would prefer it if the cast of Rage Burst weren't dead), Octopath Traveler (looks to be a great rpg, the demo was fun and the music is great, possibly a new rpg series from square enix like the bravely games), FE Switch (nothing to say that hasn't been said yet), Blazblue Crosstag battle (so the idea of having half the roster as dlc is annoying, but the game is only going to be 40 USD and the dlc will be 20 USD, so I'm conflicted cause half the roster as dlc is bad news, but the costs are so low it's like paying for a full 60 USD game, at which I'm just thinking why don't they just wait and release it when done at that price? Looks to be solid in the gameplay though and getting it will finally inspire me to watch RWBY and get Persona 4), finally Smash for switch, don't know much on it but will probably get it, also as much as I love BOTW Link, the green tunic better still be in the game cause that's more iconic than BOTW's appearance and has more of a right to be in smash.

Hopes for being announced: New Golden Sun (I will be so excited if it comes back, I still need to beat them but the 2 golden sun games I have are so much fun and great), New Kid Icarus (Moreso in the style like Uprising, while I haven't played the originals I usually suck at platformers so yeah), Tokyo Mirage Sessions Switch Port (I don't care if it's totally weird and different, it looks amazing, sounds good, and the gameplay seems good, plus FE so have to support that), Can I hope for Bravely Third?, and the last one is something that'll probably never happen, Project X Zone 3 or a sequel to the Project X Series, I love this series but after the ending X Zone 2 gave us and all the licensing problems that surely must come from combining so many series into one gigantic crossover fanservice game, I don't know if the sales will allow another game to be made, being honest X Zone 2 came out maybe a month or so before Fates so slight competition, and while it's definitely enjoyable, I don't think it has a large enough playerbase to make the game happen. To be honest the whole Project X series has never sold well, and while I may be a recent fan into it, I respect and appreciate the history and legacy behind it, because being honest, besides Smash, no other major crossovers had happened before the first game, and none (besides maybe smash 4) have even come close to the crossover madness this series has had.

I'm pumped for Metroid Prime 4.  I hope it lives up to the trilogy.  

And of course, Fire Emblem Switch.  They've got to give us at least a shred of info about it at E3, right? 

Also I'll probably get Luigi's Mansion 3DS even though I've finished the original countless times.  I'll justify it by acknowledging that it actually belongs to my grandparents 2 hours away, so with the 3DS version I'll get to play it whenever I want. lol

18 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

God Eater 3 (I'm hyped for it cause so far it looks amazing gameplay wise, at least a step up from rage burst, though the lore has me nervous cause I would prefer it if the cast of Rage Burst weren't dead)

Wait, what? I know in all the marketing the Fenrir HQ collapsed, which I think was located somewhere in Europe (England I think?). I never read anything affecting the Far East Branch which is where the majority of the cast is. Then again, I never got around to finishing the 2nd half of Rage Burst (the Burst portion of the storyline), so is that where it happens?

WarioWare Gold - I really like Wario Ware, and this one is sure to be a wild nostalgia trip!

SMT V - God, I need a new third person SMT, I'm on my third cycle of Apocalypse!

Luigi's Mansion 3ds - I never played the original, and I want to

Smash bros switch - #Dagdaforsmash

Yoshi Switch - It looks like yoshi's story, and I want it!

Binding Blade remake - I'm not sure if 16 is gonna be the BB remake, but I would buy one on sight just to hear this song remade, alone!

TWEWY remake - same deal as Luigi's Mansion, never played it, and it looks cool

Okami HD - This looks BEAUTIFUL, and it's an excuse to play Okami again!

8 hours ago, Sire said:

Wait, what? I know in all the marketing the Fenrir HQ collapsed, which I think was located somewhere in Europe (England I think?). I never read anything affecting the Far East Branch which is where the majority of the cast is. Then again, I never got around to finishing the 2nd half of Rage Burst (the Burst portion of the storyline), so is that where it happens?

Based off what's been said the central hq of Fenrir has collapsed, we just don't know long after rage burst it is. Some are speculating that based on that outcome it must have been a large battle lost on humanities side, and since Blood aka Rage Bursts main cast are close to if not the strongest god eaters it's possible they may have been killed. Also I've heard rumors of Erina becoming infected though I have no confirmation of that. It could also be possible this game takes place so long after rage burst that the cast has died of natural causes. I have no idea where central hq is so it may be Europe but who knows. So I checked the wiki and it says Fenrir (the organization) is centralized in former Scandavia. I do want to say that in the most recent god eater 3 trailer I thought I heard Alisa's japanese voice actor but I am probably wrong.

Okay word of advice, I know it's long but finish Rage Bursts post game, it explains a lot and is actually a really great story postgame arc. I will briefly talk about it in the spoiler below if you want but I beg you please finish it before reading the spoiler unless you really don't care

Spoiler

So you get Blood Rage, the basically signature ability of this game, additionally once completing the arc you get access to Julius and Romeo again. Now for the story, technically the cast of rage burst did all die. They caused a controlled devouring apocalypse, and were somehow perfectly reincarnated with their memories but without their bias factors. So that explains Romeo's revival, now the cast do all choose to become god eaters again and assumingly relearn their abilities, making them very op, especially Romeo cause his story ability basically is a nuke to all aragami and god eaters. So another reason blood dying would be sad is because of their opness, if they were to die, it'd mean that the god eaters have a much harder time surviving now if their best and most elite team had been taken out. Heck we see in rage bursts post game that a partial team of blood (Ciel, Nana, Gilbert, and protag) plus Livie and Cradle and assumingly the defense force, were the ones defending the entire far east from the aragami invasion. Now we see in that cutscene that each blood member is separated and fighting off portions of that wave by themselves, so that already says a lot about them, since it's implied they were fighting for hours and their bias factors were running low.

3 hours ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Based off what's been said the central hq of Fenrir has collapsed, we just don't know long after rage burst it is. Some are speculating that based on that outcome it must have been a large battle lost on humanities side, and since Blood aka Rage Bursts main cast are close to if not the strongest god eaters it's possible they may have been killed. Also I've heard rumors of Erina becoming infected though I have no confirmation of that. It could also be possible this game takes place so long after rage burst that the cast has died of natural causes. I have no idea where central hq is so it may be Europe but who knows. So I checked the wiki and it says Fenrir (the organization) is centralized in former Scandavia. I do want to say that in the most recent god eater 3 trailer I thought I heard Alisa's japanese voice actor but I am probably wrong.

Okay word of advice, I know it's long but finish Rage Bursts post game, it explains a lot and is actually a really great story postgame arc. I will briefly talk about it in the spoiler below if you want but I beg you please finish it before reading the spoiler unless you really don't care

Hide contents

So you get Blood Rage, the basically signature ability of this game, additionally once completing the arc you get access to Julius and Romeo again. Now for the story, technically the cast of rage burst did all die. They caused a controlled devouring apocalypse, and were somehow perfectly reincarnated with their memories but without their bias factors. So that explains Romeo's revival, now the cast do all choose to become god eaters again and assumingly relearn their abilities, making them very op, especially Romeo cause his story ability basically is a nuke to all aragami and god eaters. So another reason blood dying would be sad is because of their opness, if they were to die, it'd mean that the god eaters have a much harder time surviving now if their best and most elite team had been taken out. Heck we see in rage bursts post game that a partial team of blood (Ciel, Nana, Gilbert, and protag) plus Livie and Cradle and assumingly the defense force, were the ones defending the entire far east from the aragami invasion. Now we see in that cutscene that each blood member is separated and fighting off portions of that wave by themselves, so that already says a lot about them, since it's implied they were fighting for hours and their bias factors were running low.

I'm the type of person who reads the plot synopsis before I get into things because I enjoy figuring out how everything connects instead of being elated by plot twists, so spoilers are not that big of a deal to me. I guess to clarify what all happens I need to actually finish God Eater 2 Rage Burst, so thanks for the heads up!

For my actual progress, I did unlock Blood Rage, but I am still just on Rank 8 for the difficult missions. This was when I was obsessed and marathoned God Eater last year when I played the entirety of Resurrection and then jumped to 2. Needless to say, I got burnt out and ended up shifting over to Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. It didn't help that I enjoyed Resurrection gameplay a bit more due to the devour types and seemingly better AI, but I do have fun with 2 when I play it.

To stay on topic and update my list... (I am never going to have enough time to play all of these, am I?)

Upcoming Titles: Fire Emblem Switch || Octopath Traveler || Earth Defense Force 5 (US Release) || Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain || God Eater 3 || Code Vein || Mount and Blade: Bannerlord || Valkyria Chronicles 4 || Monster Hunter World (PC)
Wishlist: Dragon's Dogma Sequel (or a western release of Dragon's Dogma Online)

I should probably mention more than just DQXI. 

Things that are probably coming this year:

Smash 5

Fire Emblem

Konkey Dong Topical Cream with Funk

Octopath Traveler

Travis Strikes Again

Dark Souls remaster

Mega Man 11/X Collection

Things that are probably not coming this year, but soonish:

Red Dead Redemption 2

Psychonauts 2

REmake 2 

Metroid Prime 4

Final Fantasy 14's 3rd expansion

Pokemon Switch

Shin Megami Tensei 5

Things I'm kinda interested in right now but not sure if I'll be there day 1:

Yakuza 6

Switch port of Ys 8

Typing this all out really goes to show how much Nintendo has monopolized my interests in gaming. Didn't used to be like this. Two years ago I probably would have laughed in your face if you told me that half of my anticipated games were Nintendo exclusives. 

So either Nintendo's doing a really good job, or Sony and Microsoft(Moreso Sony. M$ fucked up 10 years ago and has continued to fuck up) have fucked up big time. Probably somewhere in between. 

Edited by Slumber

On 3/28/2018 at 12:30 AM, RulerJeanne said:

Code Name S. T. E. A. M.

I do have to say something about this one...avoid it.

If you’re looking for a TTBS game with a more modern take on Snapshot’s mechanics without a strategic layer there’s Valkyria Chronicles and Mario+Rabbids.  If you want a strategic layer you have New XCOM.  If you want a more faithful representation of Snapshot and like the more is more school of game design - you have Jagged Alliance 2 and OpenXCOM if you can put up with games from the 90’s.  All of these are better designed, better balanced and the newer games don’t have anywhere near a clunky interface.  Even Gallop’s badly received Snapshot-lite GBA game turned out better than this one.

However, as badly as it was received, you can probably find in a used bargain bin and see for yourself how it turned out.

As far as games that are confirmed here's what I'm looking at:

Dark Souls (Switch):  never got the first one and at $40 on the go its a steal

Mario Tennis Aces:  you're gonna laugh at me but this might be one of the ones I'm excited for the most the trailers got me excited and it looks alot deeper than I was expecting and I hate tennis

Smash Switch:  Its a new smash game and will have a massive user base need I say more?

Bayonetta 3:  Loved the first 2 so much I bought them again on the Switch

Unconfirmed but likely

Pokemon Switch:  Will no doubt be the biggest mainline pokemon game yet hopefully with multiple regions including some of the older ones

Fire Emblem Switch:  Anyone and everyone on this forum saw this one coming ;)