Games you are waiting for.

Raven

For my own list of games I'm waiting for and will probably purchase on release, in no particular order:

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy (Switch)
I don't yet own a PS4, but this was going to be one of the titles on my to-get list for the console. Since I already own a Switch, this pushes back my urgency to get a PS4.

Fire Emblem (Switch)
Yeah I am still completing the final story for FE14 and have yet to play FE15, but this is still on my to-get list. I really should finish FE14 (+ DLC) and FE15 before this comes out, though.

Pokemon (Switch)
Still yet to play Sun yet, which is between FE14 and FE15 in my backlog of games. But of course, a no-brainer, right here.

Super Smash Bros. (Switch)
This is a new entry into the Smash series, but I wouldn't have minded a complete ported edition of Smash 4, either - all DLC included with new maps, characters, features, etc. Since my Smash 4 disc is giving read errors, my Wii U is basically now an overpriced ornament/paperweight.

GRIP (Switch)
Grip is the (unofficial) successor to the Rollcage series of games, way back on the PS1. I grew up with RollCage and Rollcage Stage II. Grip is basically a fast as fuck futuristic racing game where you drive a massive vehicle with huge tyres, that's able to drive either side up at speeds of 400mph+. The game is being released on Steam, Switch, PS4 and Xbox One, but my laptop can't handle it at all, and I won't have a PS4 for quite a while yet.
I assume many people here won't be familiar with neither the Rollcage or the Grip series, so here's the teaser trailer that was released just yesterday:

Spoiler

Ace Combat 7 (PS4)
I'm a massive fan of the Ace Combat series (arcade flight simulator? idk). With the monumental failure that was Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, a new game is being released for home console (AC: Infinity doesn't really count, since it was free to play on PS3), and it's looking to go back to the formula that the fans know and love that made Ace Combat 04, 5, and Zero (the PS2 releases) so damn likeable in the fanbase. Just a shame I won't be getting a PS4 anytime soon. Thankfully the plethora of Switch titles being released will make me feel less bad about not purchasing this on release day. Also will be playable in VR, which sounds fucking awesome, to be honest.

NieR:Automata (PS4)
The only game on my list that's already been released, but I'm not sure if my laptop will manage it. It's another reason, besides Ace Combat 7, for me wanting a PS4. My only hope is that it will come to Switch eventually. Anything's possible, right?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So yeah, that's it form me. Let's hear what everyone else is anticipating.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as games that actually have confirmed dates I'm looking at:

• Little Witch Academia: The Chamber of Time (PC/PS4) on May 15
  • Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (Switch) on May 18

I also am considering Code of Princess EX on Switch since I heard good things but never played the original, but it's a ways away (Sept 25) so we'll see.

Naturally I'm also looking forward to Fire Emblem and Smash on Switch. Possibly also Soul Calibur 6, but I need to know more about it before I decide if I want it.

5 minutes ago, Raven said:

NieR:Automata (PS4)

The only game on my list that's already been released, but I'm not sure if my laptop will manage it. It's another reason, besides Ace Combat 7, for me wanting a PS4. My only hope is that it will come to Switch eventually. Anything's possible, right?

I recall the devs saying they would port it to the switch if it gets funded. And I hope they do, because NieR: Automata is one of the greatest games ever made. I finished it last week and now I feel like I'm living a post NieR: Automata life.

17 minutes ago, Raven said:

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy (Switch)
I don't yet own a PS4, but this was going to be one of the titles on my to-get list for the console. Since I already own a Switch, this pushes back my urgency to get a PS4.

Crash is very fun though I think I went insane 100%ing Crash 1. I think I played Rollcage once, but I always preferred Wipeout.

For this year, I guess SoulCalibur 6, Total War: Three Kingdoms, Monster Hunter when it ports to Steam, Dark Souls when it's remastered I'll play again, fucking Eitr if it's actually ever coming out. I'm intrigued to know more about the FE Switch, but I don't own a Switch currently and not sure I want to get one just for that, to be honest (plus I'll need to see how it looks first). There's probably more I forgot.

Edited by Tryhard

Crash Bandicoot: Insane Trilogy for the Switch. I was gonna get it on the PS4, but since it's gonna be on the Switch and I prefer he Switch over the PS4 Imma wait.

Spyro Trilogy remake for the Switch. I'm hoping we get this like we did with Crash and if we do, I would assume we get it on Switch.

Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition for he Switch, May 18th.

Fire Emblem Switch, whenever.

Bayonetta  for the Switch.

Kirby: Star Allies for the Switch. It's obviously out now but I don't have the time to get it currently.

Das about it.

38 minutes ago, Florete said:

As far as games that actually have confirmed dates I'm looking at:

• Little Witch Academia: The Chamber of Time (PC/PS4) on May 15
  • Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (Switch) on May 18

I also am considering Code of Princess EX on Switch since I heard good things but never played the original, but it's a ways away (Sept 25) so we'll see.

These three are definitely on my radar. Aside from those, I'm after Atelier Lydie & Suelle.

Only 5 new games interest me at the moment

• Fire Emblem 16/Switch
  • Persona Q2 (Assuming Atlas hasn't scrapped it completely just to focus on the dancing games)
  • Super Smash Bros Switch
  • Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
  • Megaman 11

Mostly stuff we know little to nothing about so far...

- Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition
- FE Switch (maybe)
- Yoshi Switch
- Pokemon Switch
- Super Smash Bros. Switch
- Luigi's Mansion 3DS remake
- Detective Pikachu

Also waiting to get Kirby Star Allies even though it's out now. I just haven't had a chance to go shopping because of the weather and I want to get Detective Pikachu first. Then I'll decide whether I want to spend some more money to get Kirby as well.

Edited by Anacybele

Yoshi

Metroid Prime 4

Kunio Kun / Super Dodgeball series compilation

Wasteland 2 - Director's Edition - I've been holding off since my PC isn't up to the system specs. Not sure if the Switch version will be able to include the original game as a bonus though...

Edited by Reality

In no real order...

1. Fire Emblem Switch
2. Octopath Traveler
3. Earth Defense Force 5 (US Release)
4. God Eater 3
5. Code Vein

There's plenty of others, but these are on my mind at the moment.

In no particular order

• Ys 8: Larcimosa of Dana (Switch): I've heard good things about the Ys series so i wanna see if it lives up to the hype. June 26th is a good release date as well, because June is empty.
  • Gal*Gun 2 (Switch): I'm gonna be judged heavily for this but i've heard legitimately good things about the Gal*Gun series. Plus, Inti Creates are the developers, and i've got good faith in them. They are the guys behind Mega Man Zero and Azure Striker Gunvolt series and Blaster Master Zero. It comes out next month and i currently lack $60.
  • Speaking of Inti Creates, i'm still waiting on Dragon: Marked for Death. A 2D sidescrolling action RPG that you can play with friends locally or online? Sign me up. Also, give me a release date please. It was supposed to release last year but it got delayed so it could be improved, which i appreciate, but c'mon.
  • Fire Emblem 16: This is obvious.
  • Super Smash Bros. 5: Also obvious.
  • Indie Pogo: It's like Smash, but for indie characters. Gunvolt's in it as a playable character.
  • This one's a bit strange since it's actually DLC but i'm very much looking forward to the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Story DLC. We still don't know much about it other than it appears to be a prequel to the game. However, Monolith Soft has done such a fantastic job with this game so i have good faith that the story DLC won't disappoint. Any excuse to keep playing a Xeno game is an excellent excuse in my book.
  • Pokemon Switch: This is a maybe actually. Pokemon Ultra Sun&Ultra Moon left a bad taste in my mouth.
  • Octopath Traveler: This is also a maybe. The game looks fantastic but the battles are clearly meant to be fought with more than just yourself.
  • Mysterious Monolith Soft game: Perhaps the most vague game on this list, but we know that Monolith Soft is working on some kind of game and we only have concept art to get an idea of what it might be. All we know is that it's "an ambitious project different from Monolith Soft's brand image" which tells me it's not Xenoblade Chronicles 3 though the "ambitious project" tells me that Tetsuya Takahashi is still gonna be involved somehow and if he's writing the story, then it'll be a new Xeno game, even if it's not Xenoblade Chronicles 3. Here are the screenshots
Spoiler

monolith-soft-2-656x339.jpg

Atpu7zn.jpg

PyXGFUq.jpg

That last image, at they very least, tells me that, even if it's not a Xenoblade Chronicles 3, it'll still have the vast open worlds that Monolith Soft's been doing since Xenoblade Chronicles. Which is why, until we get an official name for this game, i'll just be referring to this game as Xenoepic.

• Wargroove: A spiritual successor to Advance Wars? Hell yeah!
Edited by Armagon
Forgot to add Wargroove.

God of War (2018). I'm finally buying a PS4 and it's coming bundled with this game. Got reacquainted with the series with my brother recently.

Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Smash, and Metroid Prime 4 will probably be great, but all of them lack any sort of gameplay trailer for me to attach any anticipation toward beyond the name.

I'm waiting for Hollow Knight to come to Switch. And I'm waiting for Shenmue 3, though I have no idea when that may come out.

• Fire Emblem (Switch): Although it depends on what I read about the game when it is released. It'd probably still be a game I'd like to play, but I might lower the priority a bit (especially because I lack a Switch and I wouldn't buy one just for FE)
  • Mega Man 11: I'm not really much of a classic Megaman fan, but it's the first brand new game we have in almost a decade. If it is enjoyable, I'm definitely buying it.
  • Mega Man X Collection: Depending on the pricing, I might buy it immediately or hold off until it has a better discount, but I'm looking forward to playing the X series again (legally, at least, since I only pirated these games as a kid) and incentive the continuation of new Mega Man games that are not overpriced NES games in an emulator. I'd really like a Zero series collection, for example, or even a new ZX.
  • Bloodstained - Ritual of the Night: Because it is looking good, I really really miss a Metroidvania and I know Iga won't disappoint me as much as con man.
  • Nioh: Waiting for a sale to get it.
  • The Nier Automata Sequel: Because Automata left me in an existencial crisis and I need more. I think I'd prefer a Drakengard 4 though, and I'd gladly accept a remake of Drakengard 1/3 or Nier.
  • Crash N. Sane Trilogy: I was impressed when I learned it will also be released for the PC and I sure miss playing Crash.
  • Far Cry 5: I like the Far Cry series. Seems overpriced to me, though.
  • Witchbrook (aka Chucklefish's magic school RPG)
  • Mother 4: Yes, the fan-game. It has been in development hell for so long, I almost forgot about it until I saw its news a few weeks ago. It's looking good.
  • Bloodborne: When I buy a PS4, which will probably take a long time.
  • Persona 5: It looks good. If/when I buy a PS4, I'll probably go for it next.
  • Mount & Blade 2 - Bannerlord: When it is finally released God-knows-when.
  • Soul Calibur VI: I miss SC, and I'm glad it'll also be released for the PC since I lack a console. If it has better modes than Tekken 7 and manages to be an improvement to SC 4 and 5, I'd probably like it.
  • A new Bravely game
  • A new main series Gunvolt game. Inti-Creates said they wanted to make one, but there are no news about the production of an ASG 3.
  • Ace Attorney 7: Again, I might lower the priority depending on what I read about the game.
  • The Dai Gyakuten Saiban fan-translation: I'll play it instantly when it is released.
  • .hack//GU Last Recode: It looks good, but I found it expensive. I might buy it when it is on sale. Not really high in my priorities list, though.
  • Devil May Cry HD Collection: I only played DMC 3, so the collection is welcome. I'm just waiting for a sale.
  • The Trails of Cold Steel series: I have ToCS I, but I need to finish Trails in the Sky the Third first. I can't wait until I finally play the Cold Steel series, though I'll also miss Trails in the Sky (hell, I'm already missing it and I'm on its last game).
Edited by Rapier