March's Legendary Hero (DATAMINE/SPOILER)

Anacybele

So guys, we may have already found who our next legendary hero is. I'm making a thread because it's very likely that this is a real leak.

That's right, Robin! More specifically, female Robin! (someone told me the Japanese translation says female Robin) Thought to be our colorless dragon. But I don't know, we just recently got Grima in the regular summoning pool. And he's no hero, he's a villain. So considering him a legendary hero is...very weird. Even for this game.

Yet, this Robin has to be colorless. Why? Well, remember the note we got with the Ephraim banner last time? It said RD Ike and Gunnthra were planned to return in March, and Ephraim was planned to return in April, meaning Fjorm is also back this month. That covers red, green, and blue and IS has made it to where each legendary banner will only have one legendary hero available per color. That leaves this Robin to be colorless.

I love the idea of her being legendary since I like her more than male Robin, but I hope she's not a dragon or somehow there's some non-Grima explanation for the breath even though that's less likely. Besides, imo, and as others have said, Corrin fits better as a legendary dragon. Hell, I'd say Tiki, Nagi/Naga, and Dheginsea do too.

What do you guys think? Will she be a dragon? Or is she actually going to be an archer, healer, or dagger unit?

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, VeryAngryBisharp said:

Watch her get a colorless Levin Sword.

She'd be red if she got a sword though?

But believe me, I'd rather she got the Levin Sword than be a dragon.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, that info is quite intriguing.

Colourless dragon makes the most sense given the circumstances, although I can't quite wrap my head around Robin being one. As mentioned, we already have Grima as a Green dragon. Perhaps Legendary Robin is a purified version of Grima--a Divine Dragon, even?

Also, I will rename this topic just to make it more clear.

7 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Colourless dragon makes the most sense given the circumstances, although I can't quite wrap my head around Robin being one. As mentioned, we already have Grima as a Green dragon. Perhaps Legendary Robin is a purified version of Grima--a Divine Dragon, even?

A good Grima would be interesting. lol I'd actually not mind seeing that. We did just see Alfonse indicate many different realms being connected to Askr in the new Easter paralogue. And there was one sentence he didn't finish because Sharena interrupted him. Maybe he was going to say that maybe there are realms where characters we know as villains are not villains (and by extension, characters we know as heroes are not heroes. Though the fallen banner did kinda sorta do the latter already, it still feels a tad different since those were more or less just possessions, not the actual characters truly being evil).

Ah, that title edit is fair enough.

Also, I shall edit the OP when the trailer comes too, we do not need another thread on this. Or, a mod can edit it in for me if I'm not around.

Edited by Anacybele

Well this is weird, but female Robin means a skip. Seriously, though, how are they picking these? Why would female Robin get one before Chrom, Lucina, or even the more popular male Robin (okay, so maybe they just want to keep them balanced)?

While it's good I don't want the next one if this is the case, this might mean it will be a while before they come back around and do an Awakening character I'd want.

Edited by Arthur97

6 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Considering the game likes to get creative, that may be possible, as I don't see her being a good (morally speaking) manakete otherwise. FMorgan is the only one I can see being a manakete without having anything to do with Grima, as three of her possible mothers can do so. Another possibility is her being a legendary wind heroine using Celica's Gale tho

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A good Grima would be interesting. lol I'd actually not mind seeing that. We did just see Alfonse indicate many different realms being connected to Askr in the new Easter paralogue. And there was one sentence he didn't finish because Sharena interrupted him. Maybe he was going to say that maybe there are realms where characters we know as villains are not villains (and by extension, characters we know as heroes are not heroes. Though the fallen banner did kinda sorta do the latter already, it still feels a tad different since those were more or less just possessions, not the actual characters truly being evil).

Ah, that title edit is fair enough.

Also, I shall edit the OP when the trailer comes too, we do not need another thread on this. Or, a mod can edit it in for me if I'm not around.

I like that idea. We've had fallen heroes, it's time for good villains XD

If this topic gets big, I would recommend making a new topic for the actual banner. Makes it easier to separate the info.

This is an early datamine, from what I get of the reddit post they tried something new to get data. Perhaps it's flawed or perhaps it even makes IS to change something with an update. It's still one week until the banner after all. 

Edited by mampfoid

Please don't let her have good art or good skills; I spent over 200 orbs on today's banner thinking for sure the next one would be Corrin, whom I could easily skip.

Of course I want her to have good art and skills for you guys, I just don't want my orb count to reach 0.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well this is weird, but female Robin means a skip. Seriously, though, how are they picking these? Why would female Robin get one before Chrom, Lucina, or even the more popular male Robin (okay, so maybe they just want to keep them balanced)?

While it's good I don't want the next one if this is the case, this might mean it will be a while before they come back around and do an Awakening character I'd want.

Probably because Chrom just got an alt and has four versions now, Lucina's got four versions already as well, and as you just pointed out about the Robins, maybe IS wants to keep them balanced. Also, we don't have a female Robin in the summoning pool yet (not counting Summer Robin because that's like once in a blue moon) while two male Robins are in the regular pool. This female Robin would only be once a month or every other month, but still.

5 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I like that idea. We've had fallen heroes, it's time for good villains XD

If this topic gets big, I would recommend making a new topic for the actual banner. Makes it easier to separate the info.

Yeah!

And I'd agree with you, but last time a legendary banner dropped, we got four different topics on it which was confusing and cluttering. Keeping just this one would tell people not to go making more, so we don't have a clutter like we did before.

Edited by Anacybele

Well Robin does use Grima's power for good at the end of Awakening. Ideally they use it to stop stupid Chrom, and then somehow live in spite it, making this one choice, like the rest of 4 story choices total in Awakening, meaningless (well better than Fates).

But this is much too soon a variant of someone already in the game, I'd rather have Alva instead.

I'll get over it, but this game is resorting too much reuse of old characters in non-Seasonal capacities too soon, that I will continue to say. Pelica (BZ was fine, but the zombie aspect isn't), Gmobin, Geirkia, Hrom, Lephraim, Vike, Zelgius. Of these, Geirika and Hrom don't deserve to exist, the rest should not have been added so soon. What ya gonna do a year from now when you want another Ephraim in the game IS? You'll run out of good excuses sooner or later and come to rely 100% on awful excuses. 

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll get over it, but this game is resorting too much reuse of old characters in non-Seasonal capacities too soon, that I will continue to say. Pelica (BZ was fine, but the zombie aspect isn't), Gmobin, Geirkia, Hrom, Lephraim, Vike, Zelgius. Of these, Geirika and Hrom don't deserve to exist, the rest should not have been added so soon. What ya gonna do a year from now when you want another Ephraim in the game IS? You'll run out of good excuses sooner or later and come to rely 100% on awful excuses. 

This is the Gacha way, Dragon Ball Dokkan battle has like 8+ variants of most characters by this point and like 20+ of Goku, Vegeta and Gohan.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

This is the Gacha way, Dragon Ball Dokkan battle has like 8+ variants of most characters by this point and like 20+ of Goku, Vegeta and Gohan.

Why has it got to be this way!!???????:sob:

FE has ~463 playable characters, not including NPCs, Villains, Trial Maps, or other theoretical variations (but it does include some minor overlap with things like 4 Leif and 776!Leif and double Whitewings). The number would be higher, possibly breaching 500 with NPCs, Villains, and Trial Map additions. As well as "reasonable variants" like Beloved Celica and Rag Celica, and Lucina and Masked Marth (could we get an Unmasked "Marth" version that chucks her mask at enemies as a Dagger unit?). I think we have room for upwards of 550 sans totally noncanonical things like Seasonals, Braves, and Gleipnirika, I have my doubts about hitting 600 though.

Fine, Alva and Roger don't have to get in, but there is still plenty here. How many years does IS plan to get out of Heroes? Pokemon Shuffle released in February 2015 and officially died and ran out of new content about a month ago, so a 3 years lifespan. My calculations using FEH's current rate of new additions places the theoretical lifespan at around 9 years factoring in the one year past already, with a maximum of ~15. If IS doesn't want to in practice make it last this long, then they should do us a favor an increase the rate at which they add new non-variant/Seasonal/OC characters. What do they have to lose?

Well I would rather have F!Robin be the colorless dragon then F!Corrin since F!Corrin already has a dragon form.  I still wish the colorless dragon will be a guy, but I knew that was a long shot from the start.  I am waiting to see if H!Jakob is on the legendary banner if he is I will be going all out pulling colorless on this banner, if he is not then I will be waiting until April.

Huh, I was sure it was going to be Corrin. No idea what to make of this.

Well, we should find out more in a few days. Probably around Tuesday night, I guess?

I said this in the general thread, but I think she’ll (assuming it is indeed female Robin) appear in her grandmaster outfit this time. It’s possible she might not even be a dragon, but rather a potent mage. 

a redeemed grima would be pretty interesting. Male Grima that we have defeinitely has some "maybe if I had known..." type dialog. And Warriors, of all things, has you specifically rescue Female Robin after being possessed by Grima.

So far as possible variants go, it has pretty cool potential if they want to go that route instead of "Grima, but, A Girl! And Colorless"

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What do they have to lose?

Money.

Assuming releasing more units at a time does not necessarily translate into more revenues for them, just more cost, as they've probably already calculated when they gradually dropped the number of units in banners.

(I do not believe in the slightest that Female Robin will be our first colourless dragon)

Edited by Vince777

When does this banner start again? Regardless, I don’t like how they decided to put a legendary banner in the middle of the Spring Banner. I burnt most of my orbs on that. Now I’ll be saving up for this banner, then after that, I’ll go back to spring.

oof ouchie ouch my wallet

I guess I have a reason to (mostly) skip the Spring banner now. Goodbye, Knife Bird Kagero...

(not that i wasnt already waiting for the leg banner before heavily pulling on it)

Edited by Emerson