March's Legendary Hero (DATAMINE/SPOILER)

Anacybele

53 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It was mentioned in the patch notes that a colorless dragon will be implemented soon.

It was never revealed how, so it's not guaranteed that it will be a Legendary Hero, but the probability is pretty high that it will be.

49 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

In the 2.3 update notification it says "A colorless dragon unit is planned to be added." They don't say the word soon, but it's placement in the update notes sort of implies it will happen before the next update which should be in two weeks.

47 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Besides what Ice Dragon mentioned, going by previous trends, the Legendary banners always have at most one Legendary Hero of each colour. This was implied when Fjorm was replaced by Ephraim in the banner. For the next banner, we know Ike, Fjorm and Gunnthra are all present, so the new Legendary Hero--if there is one--cannot be red, blue or green and thus must be colourless.

According to the data-mines, the next Legendary Hero is Robin and assuming she's the colorless hero, a colorless dragon makes the most sense from the available options, since Robin is at least connected to dragons. The other options are bow Robin, dagger Robin and staff Robin, which seem even less likely to me.

Of course, it would be funny if we all guessed totally wrong XD

Thanks! 

Then yeah, it seems likely for Robin to be a Legendary colorless dragon, although I still have my doubts. Having Grima again so soon is a bit iffy but then again IS has shown that they'll do whatever they fancy at the moment considering the amount of back to back alts and that Grima is pretty popular (and that people complained that Grima should've been F!Robin...).

I would've preferred someone like Nagi to be the colorless dragon but then again there's no guarantees that Robin is going to be it even if it seems to be the most likely outcome.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Why has it got to be this way!!???????:sob:

FE has ~463 playable characters, not including NPCs, Villains, Trial Maps, or other theoretical variations (but it does include some minor overlap with things like 4 Leif and 776!Leif and double Whitewings). The number would be higher, possibly breaching 500 with NPCs, Villains, and Trial Map additions. As well as "reasonable variants" like Beloved Celica and Rag Celica, and Lucina and Masked Marth (could we get an Unmasked "Marth" version that chucks her mask at enemies as a Dagger unit?). I think we have room for upwards of 550 sans totally noncanonical things like Seasonals, Braves, and Gleipnirika, I have my doubts about hitting 600 though.

Fine, Alva and Roger don't have to get in, but there is still plenty here. How many years does IS plan to get out of Heroes? Pokemon Shuffle released in February 2015 and officially died and ran out of new content about a month ago, so a 3 years lifespan. My calculations using FEH's current rate of new additions places the theoretical lifespan at around 9 years factoring in the one year past already, with a maximum of ~15. If IS doesn't want to in practice make it last this long, then they should do us a favor an increase the rate at which they add new non-variant/Seasonal/OC characters. What do they have to lose?

They won’t go for literal-who characters at this point and even if they do so, the obscure character would most likely be a welfare unit (i.e. GHB or TT prize). They’ll keep making alts and what-if versions of the more popular characters until the concept stops making them money. Such is the way of gacha games. 

Unless the character has meme potential or an exclusive OP skill like Reinhardt, other obscure characterss have very small chances of appearing in FEH at all. There are so many characters now and every new character has to bring something new or something that was previously exclusive to a seasonal variant. 

43 minutes ago, Johann said:

Considering most Legendaries are likely to be main characters, and most main characters are primarily sword users, getting in other or alternate weapons keeps them from having to cycle through Red legendaries faster than the other colors. I suspect that this is why we got Ephraim so soon, and that we'll see characters like Takumi, Camilla, and Hector to help prevent a glut of Red legendaries.

I agree that Levin Sword being a dagger is rather silly, and I personally expect to see Gangrel show up with it eventually. 

The thing about Hector is that based on Ike and Ephraim, I'd expect a legendary Hector to be an axe armor using some form of Armads, but we already have two Hectors like that now. Honestly, a third Hector using any kind of axe would seem pretty silly anytime in the near future. Takumi has a similar issue of having two bow infantry versions, but at least only one of them used Fujim Yumi, and he could easily justify being a bow flier.

Of course, we can't assume legendary versions will stay as close to their originals as Ike and Ephraim, and in fact this new one sounds likely to be very different. But that kind of difference is also a way future legendary heroes could end up being in different colors even if they're characters primarily associated with swords.

44 minutes ago, Johann said:

Yep, another strong possibility, especially in the future. I do think, however, that it means that Laegjarn and Laevatainn are gonna be unplayable for a long time.

Between Alfonse, Sharena, and Veronica opening the doors to OC alts, I think there are pretty good odds that we'll get seasonal versions of Laegjarn and Laevatein within the next year or so. But who knows how long it might take to get "normal" versions of them. (Legendary or otherwise.)

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

They won’t go for literal-who characters at this point and even if they do so, the obscure character would most likely be a welfare unit (i.e. GHB or TT prize). They’ll keep making alts and what-if versions of the more popular characters until the concept stops making them money. Such is the way of gacha games. 

Unless the character has meme potential or an exclusive OP skill like Reinhardt, other obscure characterss have very small chances of appearing in FEH at all. There are so many characters now and every new character has to bring something new or something that was previously exclusive to a seasonal variant. 

Pokemon Shuffle managed to get in 986 in its run of three years. Almost every single Pokemon there is plus loads of variants.

However, I do recognize its comparing apples to a ten course gourmet dinner comprised entirely of foods and drinks involving oranges. Pokemon Shuffle had far far far farrrr less complexity in what skills and powers its Pokes had compared to FEH characters. Furthermore, you don't need to hire artists or VAs for the little Pokemon icons, it is much much cheaper to make them. Therefore, FEH it is true will likely end up with a more unfinished roster by the time it dies.

19 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Then yeah, it seems likely for Robin to be a Legendary colorless dragon, although I still have my doubts. Having Grima again so soon is a bit iffy but then again IS has shown that they'll do whatever they fancy at the moment considering the amount of back to back alts and that Grima is pretty popular (and that people complained that Grima should've been F!Robin...).

I'm rather sure from earlier discussion it takes ~4 months for them to listen to issues, and then conceive, design, and implement responses to those issues. They can't be responding to complaints about Grobin yet, they must have already planned this as they were making Grobin.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Between Alfonse, Sharena, and Veronica opening the doors to OC alts, I think there are pretty good odds that we'll get seasonal versions of Laegjarn and Laevatein within the next year or so. But who knows how long it might take to get "normal" versions of them. (Legendary or otherwise.)

Since the fanbase surprised IS by picking Hector (whom they were Seasoning), Celica (whose soul they were selling), and Ephraim (whom they were Legendizing), I speculate very loosely that they might have Bridal!Veronica in the works. But I'm not sure if they already had June planned out before/during CYL2. They most certainly did Easter- so it must have surprised them somewhat to see the Heroes OCs ranked so high when they were thinking of Alfunny and Share.

Why would anyone complain about the current Grima in the game being male Robin? Female Robin's been associated with the evil side enough. Let her be the good guy for a change.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Since the fanbase surprised IS by picking Hector (whom they were Seasoning), Celica (whose soul they were selling), and Ephraim (whom they were Legendizing), I speculate very loosely that they might have Bridal!Veronica in the works. But I'm not sure if they already had June planned out before/during CYL2. They most certainly did Easter- so it must have surprised them somewhat to see the Heroes OCs ranked so high when they were thinking of Alfunny and Share.

I think it's likely that Veronica and Bruno will show up on a seasonal banner together (maybe Halloween?), and same story with Fjorm/Gunnthra and Laegjarn/Laevatein. That would leave Anna and Loki as the odd ones out, plus Surtr I guess. There's been speculation about Anna being on this year's bridal banner, which wouldn't be the strangest place for Loki to show up as well.

Edited by Othin

I will try pulling for her if it truly happens.
Hopefully this banner will also have some 5* units I would be glad about.
But I try not to exaggerate on pulling. My problem with Robins and Corrins is that I like other possible designs which the games had more than the default version they use in artworks and so on =(. That is why I am never fully satisfied with any artworks they will use.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

That would leave Anna and Loki as the odd ones out, plus Surtr I guess

Next year we have another chance for Bunny Surtr. 

Edited by Stroud

4 hours ago, Kazuya said:

I was hoping for Marth, Roy, or really any older lord but I guess Robin also works! 

But Roy is one of the youngest, if not the youngest lord in the series. Kidding, but Roy already has three versions. I was hoping for Marth because March and Marth are almost similar. 

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

The thing about Hector is that based on Ike and Ephraim, I'd expect a legendary Hector to be an axe armor using some form of Armads, but we already have two Hectors like that now. Honestly, a third Hector using any kind of axe would seem pretty silly anytime in the near future. Takumi has a similar issue of having two bow infantry versions, but at least only one of them used Fujim Yumi, and he could easily justify being a bow flier.

Of course, we can't assume legendary versions will stay as close to their originals as Ike and Ephraim, and in fact this new one sounds likely to be very different. But that kind of difference is also a way future legendary heroes could end up being in different colors even if they're characters primarily associated with swords.

Robin and Corrin are kind of outliers among main characters since they are deliberately designed to use a variety of weapon types in story (and dragons are somewhat flexible with coloring), but otherwise I would be surprised to see characters not using their most iconic weapons. From what we've seen of Ike and Ephraim, these are the "beat the game" definitive versions (which to me suggests that Legendary Robin would be either completely rid of Grima, or entirely consumed), so I'm inclined to believe that even Takumi and Hector wouldn't deviate too drastically from their original versions despite having the repeated weapon/movement types.

I'm still expecting Legendary Lyn for next month.

True enough, I was specifically thinking of their normal versions.

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

But Roy is one of the youngest, if not the youngest lord in the series. Kidding, but Roy already has three versions. I was hoping for Marth because March and Marth are almost similar. 

Well Marth would be nice imo. I mean I don't like Roy but I want more diversity. 

Feels like a wasted opportunity. A Colorless dragon and it's an alt of all things? Meh. Will pull still.

At least it'll shut up all the people that complained that Grima was M!Robin instead of F!Robin. Well, here you go. 

Edited by Zeo

1 hour ago, Soul~! said:

Can't. 

Need. More. Katarinas.

I want ALL of them.

Maybe you could share some with me this time D: I don't need even more Young Tikis and Sigurds to ruin my chance at Katarina...

Anyway, more on topic, I'm very curious to see how this Robin will turn out. Colorless dragon seems like a safe bet at this point, but I'm more interested in what her weapon and skill effects will be. And her art; Grandmaster Robin would be awesome, but I'm not sure if they'd want to make a dragon unit use a non-dragon class design.

1 hour ago, I'm a Spheal said:

I'm more excited about Delthea being a bonus unit to be honest. I so don't give shit about Robin (in general), my orbs are safe.

Exact same reaction I had.  Delthea's not as good at buffing dragons as Myrrh's Hone Dragon but she's the next best thing with Dark Aura, looking forward to her.   Not pulling for Robin unless she's somehow the colorless dragon and has some incredible dragon SI for Nowi.

22 minutes ago, Ressueah said:

So the Arena season that starts next Tuesday is going to feature a character that releases on Wednesday... uhh... gonna say there is a whopping 0% chance of that happening.

Hadn't considered that. There is usually about a weak in between release and being a bonus hero.

Well, I guess the dream of Azura riding a transformed Corrin spitting like a giraffe won't be happening any time soon. We could have had such a fun colorless cavalry dragon. :p

Quick edit: I swear if colorless dragon F!Robin is a flier. I will not be taunted again, game. You will not deny me another ranged flier!

Edited by Kaden

I'm mixed at the possibility. On one hand, I would be disappointed if she is indeed the next colorless dragon, because we basically just got a version of Grima Robin (assuming it is just a possessed female Robin and not something new). I also personally feel like there are other dragons that would fit colorless/legendary better (Nagi, Tiki, Mila perhaps)?

On the other hand...

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

At least it'll shut up all the people that complained that Grima was M!Robin instead of F!Robin. Well, here you go. 

This. I understand if F.Robin is a favorite or preferred, but some of the whini-complaints about Grima being male instead of female were really petty and off-putting. If it makes them happy (and stops the complaining), I'm for it.

Edited by OmNomNom

Well, so much for Lillith being the colorless Dragon/Manakete.

In B4 it's actually a cojoined twins of Robin.

4 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

You know what I like about this banner? Gives people an excuse to waste their orbs. I can keep Leif all for myself

I don't think that's how that works, sure would be convenient if that was the case.

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I would've preferred someone like Nagi to be the colorless dragon but then again there's no guarantees that Robin is going to be it even if it seems to be the most likely outcome.

I didn't know Nagi was canon? That really does sound like the most suitable colorless dragon.

2 hours ago, Lau said:

Every month I lose a bit of faith in IS...

I love Robin, but...*points to sig*

IS pls

Pretty sure Marth is going to get his Groom alt somewhere in the future.

7 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I didn't know Nagi was canon? That really does sound like the most suitable colorless dragon.

-Pretty girl that fits the gacha system.
-Dragons are rare.
-She's actually canon in New Mystery of the Emblem.

I still think the first colorless dragon will be Tiki with a Divine breath weapon.

Edited by Vince777