March's Legendary Hero (DATAMINE/SPOILER)

Anacybele

35 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

You forgot to add Mark to that list as well. Lyn's dialogue makes that a very clear option in Awakening's DLC.

Back when it was just Mark/Robin/Kris, it was actually possible to make a headcanon that could weave their stories together and make it fit. Robin was born, mother sent him back in time to be safe. Make the orphan route the background for Kris (one of the background options you can pick), that whole storyline plays out as is. Once its finished, Validar tried to yank Robin back to his world. Misfired, ended up screwing with his head and sending him to another world where he ended up calling himself Mark. Decided to become a tactician due to subconscious influence from his time with Katarina. Validar tried again, succeeded, once again screwed up Robin's memories but he was found by Chrom instead of ending up in front of Validar. Rest is history.

Moment you throw Corrin into the mix, there's no timeline that can possibly work.

Right, let's believe the delusional card that thinks it's alive.

Since they leave the avatar stuff as "familiar" it's vague enough to ignore if you don't really like it. Katarina even mentioned the possibility of being wrong (and may be a little unhinged).

Plus, it's not like Heroes is canon.

Edited by Arthur97

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

You forgot to add Mark to that list as well. Lyn's dialogue makes that a very clear option in Awakening's DLC.

Back when it was just Mark/Robin/Kris, it was actually possible to make a headcanon that could weave their stories together and make it fit. Robin was born, mother sent him back in time to be safe. Make the orphan route the background for Kris (one of the background options you can pick), that whole storyline plays out as is. Once its finished, Validar tried to yank Robin back to his world. Misfired, ended up screwing with his head and sending him to another world where he ended up calling himself Mark. Decided to become a tactician due to subconscious influence from his time with Katarina. Validar tried again, succeeded, once again screwed up Robin's memories but he was found by Chrom instead of ending up in front of Validar. Rest is history.

Moment you throw Corrin into the mix, there's no timeline that can possibly work.

Actually, Corrin is Robin's reincarnation, supposedly. Just as Rhajat is Tharja's, Caeldori is Cordelia's, and Asugi is Gaius'. Rhajat actually mentions this in several conversations.

8 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Actually, Corrin is Robin's reincarnation, supposedly. Just as Rhajat is Tharja's, Caeldori is Cordelia's, and Asugi is Gaius'. Rhajat actually mentions this in several conversations.

Not that I subscribe to this theory, but I think you got it reversed.

Edited by Arthur97

9 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Right, let's believe the delusional card that thinks it's alive.

Particularly when you consider the Eirika debacle in Heroes of Yore 1. "Oh I'll believe you. Wait, you just called me naive? Die!" The Einherjar are insane.

I did like the Lewyn-Libra convo in Lost Bloodlines 2 though. Wouldn't mind the Einherjar dealt with a little more because of it.

7 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

This makes little sense when you think about it. One, Robin is likely alive in the dimension SOL came from, as are GCT.

Of course, you could argue another world's Robin is dead and that one is being reincarnated.

But then how do souls transmigrate across a multiverse?

Or did Robin exist in the past/will exist in the future of Fateslandia? Is Fateslandia in the same world as Ylisse and Valm? (Don't tell me Xander is Camus reborn, or worse Leo is Soren in some rectalgrab that shoves Tellius into the same world.)

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Not that I subscribe to this theory (the main evidence being a crazed stalker's ramblings), but I think you got it reversed.

Well, there's also Caeldori's confession that teases that possibility too.

Spoiler

"Our love is eternal; somehow I just know it. If we cross paths again in a distant future, dear love...promise you'll remember me. Promise..."

Well, at the very least it makes it clear that Robin is supposed to be Corrin's reincarnation and not vice versa.

On 3/22/2018 at 10:16 AM, Arthur97 said:

Well this is weird, but female Robin means a skip. Seriously, though, how are they picking these? Why would female Robin get one before Chrom, Lucina, or even the more popular male Robin (okay, so maybe they just want to keep them balanced)?

While it's good I don't want the next one if this is the case, this might mean it will be a while before they come back around and do an Awakening character I'd want.

Well so far the older characters that get Legendary status have all been the main characters (or one of the main characters) of their respective games.  Robin sorta shares that role with Chrom, but your self insert character would be more likely I would think to get the nod.

I'll have to reread the script, but I'm pretty sure that was the case? ...otherwise I'm getting it confused with the 13/14 fanfic idea that's been bouncing around my head the last few months...?

Edit: Went back over it, seems like i was getting the refrencing flipped. *shrug* Although...this makes Severa/Subaki even more awkward now...for now, I must sleep since I have work in 6 hours ?

Edited by silverserpent

13 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

I'll have to reread the script, but I'm pretty sure that was the case? ...otherwise I'm getting it confused with the 13/14 fanfic idea that's been bouncing around my head the last few months...?

Edit: Went back over it, seems like i was getting the refrencing flipped. *shrug* Although...this makes Severa/Subaki even more awkward now...for now, I must sleep since I have work in 6 hours ?

In defense of what you said, it is difficult to say if the reincarnation is even linear, if one is reincarnating across space, who is to say that time is any different, you could still use the argument that after robin died he was reincarnated in the distant past as corrin.

can't wait to see robin's next reincarnation as an even mainer character who has even worse fashion sense... in Tellius... before the great flood... who is actually Ike's ancestor, who is always overcompensating because he/she/zer feels inferior to he/she/zer descendant who he/she/zer is unaware of, but knows about because of past life shenanigans, also fates amiibo are now canon, and awakening dlc.

12 hours ago, Othin said:

You're comparing different kinds of "silly". Making seasonal banners desirable helps make Heroes profitable, making high-profile legendary heroes overly repetitive does not.

ok so making the best class combinations and weapons be seasonal is the best way?
How is a spoon+egg an axe and a spoon+cake is a spear
will we ever get to the bottom of this?

Edited by Tsak

6 hours ago, Tsak said:

ok so making the best class combinations and weapons be seasonal is the best way?

Making some desirable classes and weapons seasonal only gets people to spend money going for them when they're available. The best weapons are absolutely not seasonal only, and I wouldn't say the best classes are, either.

Spoons are whatever weapon type they want them to be.

6 hours ago, Tsak said:

not specifically weapon/movement combination have to be seasonals, but you can expect it almost alt-exclusive . Grima is an alt, but not limited.So does CYL Lyn. So far the only unit with unique weapon/movement combination that is not an alt is Female Morgan and she's outclassed by Summer Corrin anyway. The reason for this is that 1: seasonals  do not stick to canon whatsoever and can give the units whatever weapon/movement combination. 2: There are units that canonically have weapon/movement combination, but they are obscure thus the unit themselves as a character. Case in point, there is plenty of bow cavalry in maingames but none of them is in Heroes yet. The first bow cavalry was Lyn, after that we got Valentine Roy but still no canon bow cavalry made it in yet because they're not fan faves. 

it's the best way...... to sell, because it increases the pull value of the seasonals not only as fan fave, as unique unit niche, but also as fodder. 

10 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

not specifically weapon/movement combination have to be seasonals, but you can expect it almost alt-exclusive . Grima is an alt, but not limited.So does CYL Lyn. So far the only unit with unique weapon/movement combination that is not an alt is Female Morgan and she's outclassed by Summer Corrin anyway. The reason for this is that 1: seasonals  do not stick to canon whatsoever and can give the units whatever weapon/movement combination. 2: There are units that canonically have weapon/movement combination, but they are obscure thus the unit themselves as a character. Case in point, there is plenty of bow cavalry in maingames but none of them is in Heroes yet. The first bow cavalry was Lyn, after that we got Valentine Roy but still no canon bow cavalry made it in yet because they're not fan faves. 

it's the best way...... to sell, because it increases the pull value of the seasonals not only as fan fave, as unique unit niche, but also as fodder. 

Myrrh isn't an alt, and her unit type is as unique as Grima's.

I think what's really important about Morgan is that she's the second blue tome flier, after a first seasonal one. I'm sure we'll get our first non-seasonal red and green tome fliers eventually.

I guess we'll find out in a couple days when the trailer comes out.  Yeah if the legendary hero is a Robin, then at least don't make it the first colorless dragon.  That makes no sense at all. 

It'd be hilarious if the developers put in Robin's name to troll us. It'd be even more hilarious if the name Robin actually means Robin, but not the Robin most of us are thinking of.

Spoiler

Who else was named Robin, but was renamed as something else? Hint: the first letter moved up two and this character was considered to have been ripped off by the developers by what weapon they showed up with in Heroes.

Edited by Kaden

Kind of dumb and doesn't make sense. I really didn't want any of the avatar characters to be Legendary Heroes. I also don't see how she could be a colorless unit or a water legendary hero. It would make more sense to get a colorless manakete Corrin.

Edited by SSbardock84

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

It'd be hilarious if the developers put in Robin's name to troll us. It'd be even more hilarious if the name Robin actually means Robin, but not the Robin most of us are thinking of.

Hide contents

Who else was named Robin, but was renamed as something else? Hint: the first letter moved up two and this character was considered to have been ripped off by the developers by what weapon they showed up with in Heroes.

Then it looks like it wasn't Gray's Epoch after all, it was Tobin's, hahah.

16 hours ago, Kaden said:

Hide contents

As funny as that would be, Robin and Tobin have different Japanese names.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

As funny as that would be, Robin and Tobin have different Japanese names.

Yeah, I know, and the datamined character name is probably Reflet (ルフレ) and not Robin (ロビン), but still, it would have been funny if it was Tobin-Robin and people seeing the translation of the datamine and not realizing that Robin was the translation of Tobin-Robin and not Robin-Reflet.

Tobin will get his chance another day... as a bow knight with 28/24 offenses and nonexistent bulk. :p

Edited by Kaden

I'd honestly be fine with a female Robin legendary hero. I'm more fond of her than I am of male Robin, but she's been consistently outclassed by him in Heroes, so I'd welcome a version of her that I can (hopefully) put to good use without too much investment.

1 hour ago, Sproutling said:

I'd honestly be fine with a female Robin legendary hero. I'm more fond of her than I am of male Robin, but she's been consistently outclassed by him in Heroes, so I'd welcome a version of her that I can (hopefully) put to good use without too much investment.

Seconding this wholeheartedly. I feel like of the two sides, female Robin's gotten the short end of the stick. She's had two incarnations -- regular and summer -- to M!Robin's three, and two of M!Robin's three are in the regular summoning pool whereas neither of her incarnations are. It would be nice to actually be able to pull her as a unit and be able to build her with boons/banes and have a fighting chance at a +10 for her. Also, she needs better art.