March's Legendary Hero (DATAMINE/SPOILER)

Anacybele

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Her summer art is fantastic. ;)

I agree with this, summer Robin looks great. Though I would've preferred her cup size not get a million times bigger...

It's not the fanservice that's the issue, it's the consistency. Is female Robin meant to be flattish or have some sizeable boobs? Really.

Edited by Anacybele

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I agree with this, summer Robin looks great. Though I would've preferred her cup size not get a million times bigger...

It's not the fanservice that's the issue, it's the consistency. Is female Robin meant to be flattish or have some sizeable boobs? Really.

Since she's an avatar character, I guess she has some variability.  I always picked the oldest/tallest/largest body-type.

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Since she's an avatar character, I guess she has some variability.  I always picked the oldest/tallest/largest body-type.

Yeah, but default Robin has the medium build, not the tallest one. And it's always the default that's used in games like this.

Heh, legendary hero Robin with Levin Dagger.

Super Wrys would be fun too if a little early and probably irrelevant April Fool's joke. Watch it happen and he ends up as the most badass and premier armored healer for the rest of FEH's lifespan.

As I've stated repeatedly I hate alts regardless of character, but Berzerker Wrys would be hard to hate on. 

Also funny thing, when there is a male and female version, the female version is always way more popular.  However for some reason male Robin is much more popular than female Robin?  Is female Robin unattractive, so she doesn't get the 'waifu' appeal?

Looking at the calendar, it looks like the Thracia Banner isn't due until April 11.  A bit weird to have three weeks in between the banner this time, but I guess it will give me time to build up Orbs.

2 hours ago, Reddazrael said:

Seconding this wholeheartedly. I feel like of the two sides, female Robin's gotten the short end of the stick. She's had two incarnations -- regular and summer -- to M!Robin's three, and two of M!Robin's three are in the regular summoning pool whereas neither of her incarnations are. It would be nice to actually be able to pull her as a unit and be able to build her with boons/banes and have a fighting chance at a +10 for her. Also, she needs better art.

A legendary f!Robin would be on banners a lot more often than her summer one, but it'd still be pretty odd to have even her third version not in the regular summoning pool.

Which is a position Xander is already in, I guess. Are there any other characters with multiple versions but none in the regular summoning pool? I can't think of any.

Well if FRobin is the legendary hero then I have no reason to pull other then the free one. Frankly I don't like these banners, but Ephraim would be so good to have for TT. Horses always just run off on their own, and at least he can survive for a bit...besides he has amazing art. Hopefully the colorless dragon actually ends up being MCorrin later on. They are trying to keep the genders of the Avatars even from what I've seen, and we haven't gotten him in dragon form yet.

Edited by YingofDarkness

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

As I've stated repeatedly I hate alts regardless of character, but Berzerker Wrys would be hard to hate on. 

Also funny thing, when there is a male and female version, the female version is always way more popular.  However for some reason male Robin is much more popular than female Robin?  Is female Robin unattractive, so she doesn't get the 'waifu' appeal?

She definitely gets the waifu appeal, or at least for me anyways. If I was a hottie like that, I would spear my own fish taco too.

This is just pure conjecture. I am guessing the reason why M!Robin is more popular is due to him being more relatable compared to M!Corrin, so people who self-insert into the story would mostly gravitate towards M!Robin, as M!Robin is who the players can identify themselves as. That leaves out M!Corrin since it would be difficult to have two self inserts in the game, and since most players are male and F!Robin and F!Corrin are female, they are a bit harder to identify with.

In my opinion, as for why M!Robin is more relatable, I think he is handsomer, more fashionable (coats are awesome; jump suits are not), cooler, more eloquent (Do you know how smooth he is when wooing girls?), smarter, and vastly more powerful and bad ass (Limit Breaker and class change to practically any class [with some limitation] in the middle of battle). Who wants to self insert as M!Corrin when you can be M!Robin?

Awakening also makes me feel warm and fuzzy, whereas Fates is just sort of "meh." Both stories are cheesy, but Awakening is the good kind of chees, like blue cheese and brie, whereas Fates is more like dried up Kraft Singles that you accidentally left out for a week and forgot about. The "love" and polish you feel from both games are also different; Awakening just feels right like Intelligent Systems poured their hearts out making the game, whereas Fates just feels sloppy and the censorship did not help either. Awakening leaving a better impression definitely helps too.

Edited by XRay

23 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

Kind of dumb and doesn't make sense. I really didn't want any of the avatar characters to be Legendary Heroes. I also don't see how she could be a colorless unit or a water legendary hero. It would make more sense to get a colorless manakete Corrin.

I mean, whoever it is, they're not necessarily likely to be a colorless when they have a tome in the newer shadow image. I also don't get your "avatars can't be legendaries" logic; this is the character's default appearance, and she's a main character in the game.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

I mean, whoever it is, they're not necessarily likely to be a colorless when they have a tome in the newer shadow image. I also don't get your "avatars can't be legendaries" logic; this is the character's default appearance, and she's a main character in the game.

If you mean "shadow image" as in the acrylic merch that they are releasing, that character is Delthea.

On 3/23/2018 at 11:27 AM, Vaximillian said:

There is also a world where Sharena’s name doesn’t get misspelt all the time.

My sprite assembling skills suck a popsicle, but it is very definitely Delthea:
Untitled_3.jpg

Male Robin has sensible hair, female Robin does not. The opposite is true of the Corrins. Obviously this and this alone explains their relative popularity.

(It was disappointing that there was no tall Corrin option though)

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What's wrong with female Robin's hair? I love her pigtails...

I tend to think pigtails are fine ...on people aged 12 and under.  ;)

It's a tongue-in-cheek comment of course, not trying to having a go at people who like them. I realise more of a popular thing in anime, but it's a little too cutesy for my own tastes. For what it's worth, my Robin (I went with the name Kaye for whatever reason) went with the sensible bob cut (and the tall build).

13 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I tend to think pigtails are fine ...on people aged 12 and under.  ;)

It's a tongue-in-cheek comment of course, not trying to having a go at people who like them. I realise more of a popular thing in anime, but it's a little too cutesy for my own tastes. For what it's worth, my Robin (I went with the name Kaye for whatever reason) went with the sensible bob cut (and the tall build).

Oh, well, that's fair. Pigtails aren't for everyone, I guess. :P

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

I just don't see why she'd be a water legendary hero and I said I didn't want any avatar legendaries. I don't like them.

10 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

I just don't see why she'd be a water legendary hero and I said I didn't want any avatar legendaries. I don't like them.

We have one legendary hero for each element now so there's no balance reason for the new one to be water other than for the sake of sticking to a rigid rotation. There's no precedent either way, so all bets are off. Indeed if the new hero was a water hero, then this month's banner will have no fire unit on it at all, so there's just as compelling an argument that the new hero will be fire.

59 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

We have one legendary hero for each element now so there's no balance reason for the new one to be water other than for the sake of sticking to a rigid rotation. There's no precedent either way, so all bets are off. Indeed if the new hero was a water hero, then this month's banner will have no fire unit on it at all, so there's just as compelling an argument that the new hero will be fire.

That's a good point. I do suspect that Water is the most likely though, given that the seasons are on a rotation, with Water being next. You could run Fjorm and another water legendary for an impressive stat and Arena/AA score boost for several weeks, which many people will find very tempting. Meanwhile, Fire seasons are going to be more spread out for the next few months.

Anyway, I'm expecting a reveal by tomorrow night.

19 minutes ago, Johann said:

That's a good point. I do suspect that Water is the most likely though, given that the seasons are on a rotation, with Water being next. You could run Fjorm and another water legendary for an impressive stat and Arena/AA score boost for several weeks, which many people will find very tempting. Meanwhile, Fire seasons are going to be more spread out for the next few months.

Anyway, I'm expecting a reveal by tomorrow night.

Running two legendary Heroes at the same time is less points than running one alongside three regular units with the blessing, as the 8 point score bonus doesn't apply to the legendary unit themselves.

15 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Running two legendary Heroes at the same time is less points than running one alongside three regular units with the blessing, as the 8 point score bonus doesn't apply to the legendary unit themselves.

Last I checked, running two Legendary Heroes of the same element doubles the score bonus given by the blessings (and running three triples the bonus). 1 Legendary Hero and 3 blessed units is 3 stacks of blessing points whereas 2 Legendary Heroes and 2 blessed units is 4 stacks of blessing points.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Last I checked, running two Legendary Heroes of the same element doubles the score bonus given by the blessings (and running three triples the bonus). 1 Legendary Hero and 3 blessed units is 3 stacks of blessing points whereas 2 Legendary Heroes and 2 blessed units is 4 stacks of blessing points.

Whoa, so it does. Didn't expect that at all. Score calc confirms it even with two of the same hero.

Do you know if the stat bonus stacks as well if it's the same bonus? i.e. do you get +6 speed for running two Fjorms?

2 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

Then if it's a case of your personal opinion without stating any reasoning behind it, I don't see how having a legendary hero who happens to be an avatar in their own game is "dumb". Like them or not, Robin plays a huge part in the story and has an amazing power within. Makes sense for them to possibly be a legendary hero in some form.

Also, I said nothing about water heroes, only colorless.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Do you know if the stat bonus stacks as well if it's the same bonus? i.e. do you get +6 speed for running two Fjorms?

Yes. It does. And I totally wasn't expecting it to at all.

Spoiler

enYxl3C.jpg

What is this I don't even.

I fielded my Ayra with 3 Fjorms. She now has 64 Spd (and 54 HP). What the ever-loving fuck is this?