March's Legendary Hero (DATAMINE/SPOILER)

Anacybele

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well so last month Grima M Robin.  This month Grima F Robin how original.  Also wasn't the argument against having OCs, that they aren't legendary heroes?  Well Robin Grima is an evil villain so doesn't fit either.  

Same weapon, same aura, same Grima dragon sprite.  Lazy, boring.  So they decided to make it fly, and make it the first colorless dragon which makes no sense if M Robin Grima is green and is using the same weapon.  They also power creeped Iote shield.  Is that the first instance of Res smoke?  No goad dragons, guess they are saving that.  

Yes and looks like Mist is never getting a turn.  

10 minutes ago, MisfitMiju said:

so it's all but confirmed now my orbs are officially gone

I was so hoping to actually put some more money aside into savings this month but nope, not happening with four banners to majorly pull on in a row. I don't regret my Morgans or Chrom a bit, but I haven't gotten any of the new spring characters yet, there's this legendary banner, and then Leif's banner in early/mid April. *sigh*

So we're getting an Earth based Legendary Hero who is actually a flying villain... hmm. Fire is the only legendary hero I'm missing, and since there are none this round I might skip. That being said, Earth now has access to attack and speed boosts. Plus, since she's a flier, she'll pair nicely with L!Ike's Def Tactic.

Really wishing I hadn't spent the orbs on male Grima last month now. I thought it'd be cool to get Grima even though I didn't really like his art, but now we get female Grima with better art and she's a special kind of flier? Damnit, was not expecting that.

3 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

I was so hoping to actually put some more money aside into savings this month but nope, not happening with four banners to majorly pull on in a row. I don't regret my Morgans or Chrom a bit, but I haven't gotten any of the new spring characters yet, there's this legendary banner, and then Leif's banner in early/mid April. *sigh*

They were sorta ruthless these past couple of banners going from grima to the morgans with paladin chrom and now fem!grima who seems to be the polar opposite of her other incarnation with good stats and skills. *sigh* I just want my orb stash to rest for a while

15 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

One is green and the other colourless. Why having it make sense when we don't have to?

Being legendary makes you special.

Now hoping for a colorless divine dragon Tiki with Mist Breath.

11 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Lightning Breath appears on Red and Blue, Light Breath appears on Blue and Green. No reason Expiration should be tied to one colour.

Except this is a PRF weapon.  Those other breaths are more comparable to owl tomes, slaying weapons, etc.  They are generic.

Edited by Lewyn

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Except this is a PRF weapon.  Those other breaths are more comparable to owl tomes, slaying weapons, etc.  They are generic.

Except not really you can't give litrowl to a green tome but you could give lightning breath to any colour dragon, dragons are just special that way 

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

But isn't the whole point of the dragon's breath as a weapon that they can use any of them, no matter what color? And there are several characters with the same perfect weapon (Falchion). They are both Grima so both of them having Expiration makes complete sense to me.

1 minute ago, Liliesgrace said:

But isn't the whole point of the dragon's breath as a weapon that they can use any of them, no matter what color? And there are several characters with the same perfect weapon (Falchion). They are both Grima so both of them having Expiration makes complete sense to me.

And both of them, being the same character, as you mentionned, having a different coloured Expiration is weird. 

It's Grima using Expiration in both cases. 

Hmm... Her being a flying unit is tempting because I still have to do the GHB quests and lack a DC flying unit which seems to make things easier. But she doesn't look like she'd be of much use outside of that and my dragons are fine with M!Grima or Ninian most of the time. I think I'll try to save the orbs for the Thracia Banner or a banner with a Fire Hero/Ephraim and B!Ike for more SB fodder.

I hope that she has worse stat spread than M!Grima. If it was awful to deal with him (although Vengeful Fighter is a thing), imagine fighting against a Grima that has 1 more movility and Cancel Affinity, so you never have WTA against her. 

2 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

I hope that she has worse stat spread than M!Grima. If it was awful to deal with him (although Vengeful Fighter is a thing), imagine fighting against a Grima that has 1 more movility and Cancel Affinity, so you never have WTA against her. 

even if she has worse stat (defs lower BST cause' armors) she'''ll still appeal to flier emblem users when male Grima is more flexible and is powerful in any team. Any unit is certainly stronger in their emblem team but yeah the flier mobility and bow immunity would be a headache anyway. Grima isn't only weak to Falchion but to Armorsmasher as well. 

2 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

Raven tomes without Triangle Adept still gain WTA, for the few people who run that combination.

14 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Raven tomes without Triangle Adept still gain WTA, for the few people who run that combination.

My Sophia runs Raven without TA, just in case I meet a colorless CA unit in AA. 

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Yeah, that's right, my mind just assumed that any Raven unit would run TA xd

Maybe this could give me the motivation I've been searching for doing something different after promoting Lyon than TA

15 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Well Robin Grima is an evil villain so doesn't fit either. 

Sharena's Description:
"A princess of Askr and Alfonse's sister. Cheerful and loves making friends—especially with Heroes."

Alm's Description:
"A brave but kind young warrior, raised by the hero Mycen in Ram Village. His left hand is marked with the Brand."

Everyone is a Hero. In the context of this game, Hero and hero are two different things. Anyone you can summon is a Hero with a capital H. The Askr trio and Nifl duo are your regular protagonist heroes saving the day.

16 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Sure.

One is green and the other colourless. Why having it make sense when we don't have to?

Dragon colors don’t have any inherent basis in the lore.  Other than Great Flame and Expiration all the Breath weapons are inheritable without regard to color.

She is colorless because it’s cool, doesn’t need to make anymore sense than that.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Sharena's Description:
"A princess of Askr and Alfonse's sister. Cheerful and loves making friends—especially with Heroes."

Alm's Description:
"A brave but kind young warrior, raised by the hero Mycen in Ram Village. His left hand is marked with the Brand."

Everyone is a Hero. In the context of this game, Hero and hero are two different things. Anyone you can summon is a Hero with a capital H. The Askr trio and Nifl duo are your regular protagonist heroes saving the day.

Well I believe that is what they are going with.  Everyone is a hero.  Arvis, Grima, Surtr when he gets added, etc.  It just seems off when you get Vanguard Ike who saves the world, legendary Ephraim who saves the world, and then Grima Robin who destroys the world (or makes it hell).  

Another thing.  The most shocking thing isn't F Robin Grima, particularly with the datamine, but the blue pool.  Like how is Shigure not there?  Why did they repeat Brave Lucina instead (who was just in 2 months ago)?  Even if for some reason they are saving Shigure for next month, there are multiple 5 star powerful blues that have yet to be featured such as Linde, Delthea (out cause of miracle banner I guess), Tana, Azura, regular Ephraim, etc.  

Anyways power wise I would rank it.

1. Red.   You have Zelgius the most powerful sword armor in the game and up there with most powerful reds in the game period.  Vanguard Ike which is high tier and Earth unit.  Halloween Nowi the only flying red mage in the game and the most mobile character in the game thanks to her tome, she also has hone fliers.

2. Colorless.  F Grima will probably have great stats,  has powerful skills and is a flying colorless dragon.  Bow Lyn needs no explanation.  Halloween Sakura has a powerful dagger and is a solid dagger unit (though daggers are in general weak).

3. Blue.  Brave Lucina is still a great buffer and solid fighter.  Fjorm is a high BST infantry that is still arena staple.  Lute is a very good blue mage.

4. Green.  Gunnthra is awesome.  Summer Elise is a solid offensive green mage.  Summer tiki a mediocre axe user but comes with some good skills.  

Also I'll stop with the F Robin hate, alt stuff for now.  In a way it works to my advantage in that I can much more easily collect every new character in the game.  Like the Thracia banner, I can actually go for all 3 instead of just one.  

God Delthea is tempting on that miracle banner though.  Dark Aura (I don't have Linde) would be so awesome on some teams, plus she is a great blue nuke, and a memorable character from Echoes (even if I don't like lolis in general).  

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Another thing.  The most shocking thing isn't F Robin Grima, particularly with the datamine, but the blue pool.  Like how is Shigure not there?  Why did they repeat Brave Lucina instead (who was just in 2 months ago)?  Even if for some reason they are saving Shigure for next month, there are multiple 5 star powerful blues that have yet to be featured such as Linde, Delthea (out cause of miracle banner I guess), Tana, Azura, regular Ephraim, etc.  

That is like asking why Gunter is not in a focus yet. Intelligent Systems just does what it wants, or maybe they forgot about her. They will probably get around to spot light her when they release a focus with a theme of Weapon evolution.

Tana and Azura were in focus last month and Ephraim was in a focus last year around Christmas, so it is not like they are purposefully avoiding powerful blue units.

As for why they released BH!Lucina again, maybe she was profitable or somebody simply messed up the roster and they could not be bothered to fix it.