Awakening DLC Japanese + English Site Info [Topic Split]

nocturnal YL

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Do they mention the name of Olivia's sword?

They call it Olivia's Dance Sword in Japanese. Which I believe will get a different name in English.

But also the latest update will support the Switch's video functionality. Finally, I can take videos of gameplay! :D

4 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

They call it Olivia's Dance Sword in Japanese. Which I believe will get a different name in English.

But also the latest update will support the Switch's video functionality. Finally, I can take videos of gameplay! :D

Is Tharja's weapon Nosferatu?

1 minute ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Is Tharja's weapon Nosferatu?

I would believe so. But lets wait until the English site updates. The Japanese site calls it something else.

Also looking at Olivia's full render and screenshots of her. It's amazing how they turned her big cloth that she has on dancer rings into like strands of cloth for each. But I bet rigging that would have been a pain as well. lol

3 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

I would believe so. But lets wait until the English site updates. The Japanese site calls it something else.

Also looking at Olivia's full render and screenshots of her. It's amazing how they turned her big cloth that she has on dancer rings into like strands of cloth for each. But I bet rigging that would have been a pain as well. lol

Nosferatu is Resire in Japan

2 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

Does it say Resire? (If it doesn't, I'm willing to bet that it will not in fact be called Nosferatu.)

Anyways, if Olivia's sword is called Olivia's Dance Sword, that fits with the other "Name" weapons on the Japanese side of the convention so the localized name will almost certainly be Olivia's Sword.

8 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Nosferatu is Resire in Japan

7 minutes ago, Folt said:

Does it say Resire? (If it doesn't, I'm willing to bet that it will not in fact be called Nosferatu.)

Anyways, if Olivia's sword is c,alled Olivia's Dance Sword, that fits with the other "Name" weapons on the Japanese side of the convention so the localized name will almost certainly be Olivia's Sword.

The site just states her weapon as Sergey 's Daimon on the site, if translated by the site itself.  I'm not really much of a JP translator. But I do know, Japanese names are completely different from it's English counterparts.

Because Cordelia's weapon is called, Tiamo's Love Spear, which I'm pretty sure due to the datamine awhile back, it's English name is called Gungnir

Edited by Legend_of_Zelia

5 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

The site just states her weapon as Sergey 's Daimon on the site, if translated by the site itself.  I'm not really much of a JP translator. But I do know, Japanese names are completely different from it's English counterparts.

Someone else translated it as Tharja's Charming Spell/Curse, so it's likely gonna be called Tharja's Book, Tharja's Hex, Tharja's Grimoire, etc. etc.

Cordelia's prf (translated by the same guy) also appears to be "Cordelia's Love Spear" which indicate that Gungnir was a mistake or they swapped Gungnir out for something else since the datamine. Robin gets Thoron of course, Lissa and Frederick get "Lissa's Healing Axe" (which we found in the datamine as Healing Axe) and Frederick's Armored Axe (which we found as Armored Axe) so they're likely gonna be called Lissa's Axe and Frederick's Axe respectively.

So the prfs we'd get would be (the likely English translations):

1. Thoron (for Robin)
  2. Lissa's Axe (for Lissa)
  3. Frederick's Axe (for Frederick)
  4. Cordelia's Spear (for Cordelia)
  5. Missiletainn (for Owain)
  6. Tharja's Hex (or something to do with magic or books, for Tharja)
  7. Olivia's Sword (for Olivia)
Edited by Folt

Well, that is certainly an interesting pose Owain's got there. I guess they wanted to try something different. Olivia's weapon looks interesting but I doubt it's interesting enough gameplay-wise for me to buy this pack.

2 minutes ago, Folt said:

Someone else translated it as Tharja's Charming Spell/Curse, so it's likely gonna be called Tharja's Book, Tharja's Hex, Tharja's Grimoire, etc. etc.

Cordelia's prf (translated by the same guy) also appears to be "Cordelia's Love Spear" which indicate that Gungnir was a mistake or they swapped Gungnir out for something else since the datamine. Robin gets Thoron of course, Lissa and Frederick get "Lissa's Healing Axe" (which we found in the datamine as Healing Axe) and Frederick's Armored Axe (which we found as Armored Axe) so they're likely gonna be called Lissa's Axe and Frederick's Axe respectively.

1. Thoron (for Robin)

Hmm... I honestly wouldn't put it past them if they used those for Japanese version.

But for the English translated version, I'm sure they will have different names from their Japanese counterparts..

9 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

Hmm... I honestly wouldn't put it past them if they used those for Japanese version.

But for the English translated version, I'm sure they will have different names from their Japanese counterparts..

The English Translations when it comes to character weapons have generally tended towards  "Character Name"'s "Weapon Type" (i.e. Camilla's Sexy Axe -> Camilla's Axe, Harold's Heroic Axe -> Arthur's Axe), especially if they have an adjective tied to it. Given that Lissa, Frederick, Cordelia, Tharja, and Olivia's weapon follow that naming in Japanese, odds are they'll be Lissa's Axe, Cordelia's Spear, Tharja's Hex/Tome/Grimoire/whatever can be associated with books or spells, Olivia's Sword, etc. in the English game.

Edited by Folt

24 minutes ago, Folt said:

1. Thoron (for Robin)

Not a very creative naming scheme, is it?

10 minutes ago, Folt said:

The English Translations when it comes to character weapons have generally tended towards  "Character Name"'s "Weapon Type" (i.e. Camilla's Sexy Axe -> Camilla's Axe, Harold's Heroic Axe -> Arthur's Axe), especially if they have an adjective tied to it. Given that Lissa, Frederick, Cordelia, Tharja, and Olivia's weapon follow that naming in Japanese, odds are they'll be Lissa's Axe, Cordelia's Spear, Tharja's Hex/Tome/Grimoire/whatever can be associated with books or spells, Olivia's Sword, etc. in the English game.

It may be worth noting that none of the SD weapons did this. Even Tiki's which they kind of made up.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Not a very creative naming scheme, is it?

It may be worth noting that none of the SD weapons did this. Even Tiki's which they kind of made up.

Indeed, but if I remember correctly, none of those weapons ever made it over here. Otherwise, it's been pretty consistent from Awakening and onwards.

(And the tome you see Tharja wield in her artwork for this game heavily borrows from her color scheme which is consistent with many of the other character name weapons, including Olivia and Cordelia's prfs for this game.)

6 minutes ago, Folt said:

Indeed, but if I remember correctly, none of those weapons ever made it over here. Otherwise, it's been pretty consistent from Awakening and onwards.

(And the tome you see Tharja wield in her artwork for this game heavily borrows from her color scheme which is consistent with many of the other character name weapons, including Olivia and Cordelia's prfs for this game.)

But I thought the weapons for the base characters + Owain were already found and they did not follow that pattern. Like, healing axe for Lissa.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

But I thought the weapons for the base characters + Owain were already found and they did not follow that pattern. Like, healing axe for Lissa.

The Healing Axe was probably meant to be named "Lissa's Healing Axe" and "Frederick's Armored Axe" to go with the usual naming schemes for character-specific weapons. (And which they indeed are named in that manner now that they're officially unveiled.) The odd one out was Gungnir which was either never intended to be in in the first place or replaced with Cordelia's Love Spear that is appearing. Otherwise, all the weapons from the datamine did in fact make it into the game.

Tharja and Olivia's prfs appear to follow the same naming and design schemes as the other character name weapons so it's highly likely that they'll be named Tharja's *insert name that has something to do with magic or books here* and Olivia's Sword (or something else that bring sword-type weapons to mind) respectively.

Wasted one night checking update instead playing the game...

Whatever, the additional info on website is also very interesting.

Previous Amiibo exclusive weapon attributes could be new must have for ultimate weapon.

One of the new blessings increases the number of dropped material, which is something I just want for farming. Another increases every aspects of dropped weapon, would make it easier for perfect hero weapon.

And it's possible to take video screenshot on Switch with update!

Something still quite not understand is about level reset. It seems that the material(s) you get is based on the level when you level reset, but no information about type (personal material, general material, or any material you want), number etc. I hope it could save me from playing chapter 20 for 20 times.

Hmm, I tried looking at the Japanese text in Version 1.0, but all of the DLC weapons like Gungnir aren't in there (as in they were probably scrubbed out). There are some references still there though, like Frederick and Lissa having exclusive weapons.

Anyway, just to keep things, tidy here's all the new info from the official site:

Awakening DLC

The gradual damage inflicted by Tharja's Destruction Pact does not affect the rankings after a battle.

History Maps are Scion of Legend, Emmeryn and Caravan Dancer (based off Mad King Gangrel).

New broken armor models: Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Lissa, Fredrick, Cordelia, Owain, Tharja and Olivia.

New personal weapons

Thoron (Robin)
Lissa's Healing Axe (Lissa)
Frederick's Armored Axe (Frederick)
Cordelia's Love Lance (Cordelia)
Missiletainn (Owain)
Tharja's Hex (Tharja)
Olivia's Dance Sword (Olivia)

(Note: In Version 1 at least, Lissa and Frederick's weapons are simply Healing Axe and Armored Axe in the English version. Meanwhile, Cordelia's weapon was originally Gungnir.)

New weapon attributes

Attack/Boost+ (increases the damage of "Attack" and "Boost" atributes like Rainstorm and Triangle+)
Strike Rate+ and All Stats+ from Chrom and Tiki's amiibo weapons.

Version 1.5.0 Update

Level Cap increased from 130 to 150.

Blessings

Speed Blessing and Luck Blessing: Boosts the respective stats for all party members.
Healing Blessing: All party members slowly recover HP.
Convoy Blessing: Increases number of dropped materials.
Smithy Blessing: Increases number of dropped weapons, as well as level, quality and number of slots.
Common-Material Blessing: Increases drop rate of common materials.

Other

It is now possible to record Nintendo Switch videos.
There is an option to automatically apply the previous blessing before you enter battle (required materials will be consumed automatically). Can be turned On/Off from the settings.
Improvements to the battle results UI.
Bug fixes.

Someone over at GameFAQs translated info from the official website's update:

Personal weapons
Robin: Thoron
Liz: Liz's Healing Axe
Frederick: Frederick's Guardian Axe
Tiamo: Tiamo's Love Spear
Owain: Mystletainn 
Tharja: Tharja's Curse
Olivia: Olivia's Dancing Sword

New weapon properties
Enchancing activity - Increases damage of other damage skills (eg: Rainstorm)
Strike Rate+ - Property that was on Chrom's Training sword
All stats+ - Property that was on Tiki's Tear

1.5 additions
Level cap to 150

Weapon property
Vessel of the Deities - Increases attack to hero levels, doesn't take penalties from slayer attributes

Blessings
Speed - All members get increased speed
Luck - All members get increased luck
Healing - All members get a HoT
Caravan - Materials dropped increase
Master - Weapon number, level, quality, and slots increase on drops
General item - Standard items drop more often

Infernal - All enemies become level 150
Tactician - Your controllable character does 0 damage. In turn, NPCs do more damage and you will be in a mode where you can only defeat enemies by ordering them.

Level Reset - Level goes back to 1, You will gain materials according to the level the character was

Others
Implemented movie recording feature of Nintendo Switch
Implemented option to keep the previous blessing when starting a new map, materials will be automatically chosen. Can be turned off
UI changes
Various bugfixes

Edit: Whoops, didn't see Vincent's post.

Anywho, Strike Rate+ becoming an attribute is interesting. Supposedly it's a smidge faster than Astra, so Astra might not be needed anymore. However, it costs a weapon attribute slot. Need to double check how much Tiki's Tear added to every stat. With all of these additions, it really looks like a "final" update. Was kind of hoping for the villains being playable down the road.

Edited by MrPerson0

32 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

@MrPerson0

It's fine. Having multiple translations is always useful.

I think the new weapon attribute applies to Attack and Boost type attributes. I'm not super familiar with the Japanese terminology, but that's what I interpreted.

Google Translate (not the best, I know) says this:

Damage due to weapon characteristics of "strengthening activity" attack system and special type further increases 
(Weapon characteristics such as weak attack reinforcement and strengthening strengthening are covered)

Looks like they are reiterating that only Rainstorm and Strong attributes are affected?