Awakening DLC Japanese + English Site Info [Topic Split]

nocturnal YL

8 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

Google Translate (not the best, I know) says this:

Damage due to weapon characteristics of "strengthening activity" attack system and special type further increases 
(Weapon characteristics such as weak attack reinforcement and strengthening strengthening are covered)

Looks like they are reiterating that only Rainstorm and Strong attributes are affected?

Google Translate and other machine translators aren't good at picking up terminology, especially made up ones used by Warriors : P

攻撃系特殊系の武器特性によるダメージが更に増加する
(弱攻撃強化三すくみ強化などの武器特性が対象です)

攻撃系 and 特殊系 refer to Attack and Boost weapon attributes.

The examples listed, 弱攻撃強化 and 三すくみ強化, are Rainstorm (lit. Weak Attack+) and Triangle+ respectively.

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Homosexualbeard said:

I'm wondering if strike rate+ will stack with astra. Some characters are already ridiculously fast with just the latter.

Strike Rate+ does not stack on top of Astra. It is only slightly faster than Astra, so it really isn't worth a weapon slot.

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

Google Translate and other machine translators aren't good at picking up terminology, especially made up ones used by Warriors : P

攻撃系特殊系の武器特性によるダメージが更に増加する
(弱攻撃強化三すくみ強化などの武器特性が対象です)

攻撃系 and 特殊系 refer to Attack and Boost weapon attributes.

The examples listed, 弱攻撃強化 and 三すくみ強化, are Rainstorm (lit. Weak Attack+) and Triangle+ respectively.

Ah, thanks for the confirmation! Definitely might be worth a slot if the boost is huge, such as making Pair Up+ a 50% boost instead of 25% boost.

Ah so it was meant for the 29th. A shame, but makes much more sense. Still makes you wonder what was going on behind the scenes this month.

It's really weird how Cordelia's lance is the one weapon getting a full rename & redesign. Guess they wanted a more elaborate looking lance? Gungnir wasn't especially eye catching, even if we go with the FE4 appearence I suppose.

I'm even more interested in the character materials you get for level resetting now. I really hope it's not just golds you get out of this, silvers are just as bad if not worse. And ideally it should be more than, say, 1 material per 10 levels.

8 minutes ago, r_n said:

Ah so it was meant for the 29th. A shame, but makes much more sense. Still makes you wonder what was going on behind the scenes this month.

It's really weird how Cordelia's lance is the one weapon getting a full rename & redesign. Guess they wanted a more elaborate looking lance? Gungnir wasn't especially eye catching, even if we go with the FE4 appearence I suppose.

I'm even more interested in the character materials you get for level resetting now. I really hope it's not just golds you get out of this, silvers are just as bad if not worse. And ideally it should be more than, say, 1 material per 10 levels.

This is probably conspiracy levels of theorising, but I have to wonder if they changed the dates to mess with data-miners and/or leakers.

On the FE Heroes side, data-miners were able to determine the release of the Awakening special maps, which I believe come out roughly a week before each Warriors DLC pack (although I'm a bit tired to check right now). So that allowed us to estimate the release date.

Likewise, I think I heard some rumours about the Awakening DLC appearing in the 8th March Nintendo Direct, which of course didn't happen. But perhaps it was going to appear there and have a 22nd March release date--or earlier.

20 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

This is probably conspiracy levels of theorising, but I have to wonder if they changed the dates to mess with data-miners and/or leakers.

On the FE Heroes side, data-miners were able to determine the release of the Awakening special maps, which I believe come out roughly a week before each Warriors DLC pack (although I'm a bit tired to check right now). So that allowed us to estimate the release date.

Likewise, I think I heard some rumours about the Awakening DLC appearing in the 8th March Nintendo Direct, which of course didn't happen. But perhaps it was going to appear there and have a 22nd March release date--or earlier.

Conspiracy theory is right, I highly doubt it was to mess with dataminers. That's a waste of resources and...no one ever does that. Especially since the dates were on the first calendar they put out, visible to everyone, before they had to go "OH NO", update the calendar and put out an emergecny update to push back the date (that was also instantly datamined)

If you're going to mess with dataminers, you'd do what it sounds like Heroes already did: they changed up the file structure months ago. This made it harder/impossible to grab upcoming banner images, and delayed the ability to get stats, skills, and so forth. 

The direct rumors are meaningless regardless of how cute the timing of all the nonsense was. Fates DLC was not in a direct. SD DLC wasn't either. Awakening wasn't going to suddenly be here. Furthermore I am ~80% sure that those rumors were paked with a multitude of things that were aggressively not in the direct. Also there'sa billion direct rumors every month

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

Conspiracy theory is right, I highly doubt it was to mess with dataminers. That's a waste of resources and...no one ever does that. Especially since the dates were on the first calendar they put out, visible to everyone, before they had to go "OH NO", update the calendar and put out an emergecny update to push back the date (that was also instantly datamined)

If you're going to mess with dataminers, you'd do what it sounds like Heroes already did: they changed up the file structure months ago. This made it harder/impossible to grab upcoming banner images, and delayed the ability to get stats, skills, and so forth. 

The direct rumors are meaningless regardless of how cute the timing of all the nonsense was. Fates DLC was not in a direct. SD DLC wasn't either. Awakening wasn't going to suddenly be here. Furthermore I am ~80% sure that those rumors were paked with a multitude of things that were aggressively not in the direct. Also there'sa billion direct rumors every month

Fair enough, although I don't think it would cost that many resources. You'd just need to change the release schedule via the servers and contact all relevant people. I assume Famitsu didn't get the memo or just forgot to amend the date. Still, I dunno how Nintendo actually works, so maybe it's actually more complicated than that.

Unrelated, but I have "fond" memories of New Mystery and Awakening encrypting the growth rates. There was literally no reason to do that except to foil data-miners. But thankfully the encryption was flawed, so it was still possible to reverse-engineer.

Yeah, I don't disagree that there are lots of BS rumours every other day. For what it's worth, I do believe there was a reasonable chance of Awakening DLC appearing. Even if there wasn't precedence. That's all I can say on the matter...

The only other reason is probably related to bug-fixing. After all, Xenoblade's New Game Plus mode had to be delayed to fix bug(s). In that case, a release date was already officially announced, so they had to announce a delay. But the Awakening DLC Pack never got a specific release date beyond "March 2018" so they had a lot more leeway.

Yeah, bug fixing was my first thought too.

I think the Heroes maps were first added in the end of February, so it's possible that they did plan to release the DLC around the 13th. Then something happened, probably a big bug or something, and they needed to push it back. And either that didnt' get to the Heroes team in time, or the Heroes team just forgot to update the dates until the last minute. But the 12th was when they pushed out the update that put them as starting on the 29th.

So as for Famitsu, there's 2 options but it kind of depends on how the timeline for Famitsu even works. 
1. Just a typo. They had plenty of time between finding the bug, setting the date for the 29th, and Famitsu going to print that they could have just put in a 2 instead of a 9. It happens!
2. Between finding the bug but before Heroes had to do its correction, they thought they'd have it for the 22nd. Famitsu has a few weeks lead time, never wrote something for the would-be 13th release date, wrote the article with that in mind, but before they could run it it was pushed back again. Article gets delayed a week. In this scenario, let's assume the note to delay it came a week before.

But I'm not sure how feasible option 2 is since I don't, like, know how suddenly a publisher can go "uh actually--" on a weekly magazine. Personally I think a typo fits this comedy of errors better.

I kind of hope dataminers for this are able to look into build dates, I'm pretty interested. 

The official website isn't showing the big versions of the DLC maps properly for me so here they are if anyone else is having the same problem:

Spoiler

mBl97dM.jpg

0NzzY0E.jpg

BOc1JPF.jpg

Edited by Florete

Huh, it looks like the Chapter 11 map has been cut in half. I wonder if it'll end with Chrom defeating "Gangrel". Disappointed that it isn't Chapter 10, would have loved to hear a remix of one of the best tunes from the game. IIRC, Chapter 9 and 11 use the same music.

Hopefully there won't be a marriage scene afterward between Chrom and Olivia. If that happened, that would open a whole can of worms.

5 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

Huh, it looks like the Chapter 11 map has been cut in half. I wonder if it'll end with Chrom defeating "Gangrel". Disappointed that it isn't Chapter 10, would have loved to hear a remix of one of the best tunes from the game. IIRC, Chapter 9 and 11 use the same music.

Hopefully there won't be a marriage scene afterward between Chrom and Olivia. If that happened, that would open a whole can of worms.

I assume it's because none of the History Maps scroll, so they have to squeeze in as much of the original map in as possible.

The Dark Pontifex is a big offender--that map was originally pretty tall, since it was in a tower IIRC.

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

Expected Niles as Gecko. Disappointed in (ugh) Validar as Campari and Gangrel.

I wonder why Validar is their go-to fill-in villain? Why not at least use Iago or Gharnef for a few of the maps?

Iago in general is weirdly underused. Not at all in Choice is Yours, Corrin & Female Corrin take center point in Grief, Ryoma is the go-to for the ice map, Validar for Zola in Land of Gods. All of their time distortions either use other characters entirely or ...Validar.

Gharnef at least got a 5 man showing in his history map and he'll show up a little more often in time distortions than Iago does.

Aw man I just realized since this is the final update, we're not going to get the most important thing of all. VILLAIN SYSTEM VOICES. God....I would not have wanted to grind out 3 more robin clones but just IMAGINE IAGO SYSTEM VOICE

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

Aw man I just realized since this is the final update, we're not going to get the most important thing of all. VILLAIN SYSTEM VOICES. God....I would not have wanted to grind out 3 more robin clones but just IMAGINE IAGO SYSTEM VOICE

"I'm afraid that's not possible."

Apparently, the Tharja mission rewards Tharja's prf while Olivia's mission rewards Olivia's prf. We don't see Owain's prf on the Owain sprite.

That seems... interestingly weird considering how the other packs did it.

1 minute ago, Folt said:

Apparently, the Tharja mission rewards Tharja's prf while Olivia's mission rewards Olivia's prf. We don't see Owain's prf on the Owain sprite.

Not that unusual, is it? Owain's Missletainn is the closest thing to a legendary weapon in the pack. 

6 minutes ago, Folt said:

Owain is anything but normal. It fits.

6 minutes ago, Jedi said:

If this is the final update I guess I'm not getting Darios playable ala Cia.

Yeah, this sucks too... I wanted Darios. And HW is another reason I feel Koei is being greedy with FEW. HW got NPC characters as playable in free updates, yet Owain, Oboro, and Niles are paid and Darios isn't even playable...

So, on another note, anyone find more datamines of this stuff? I still wouldn't mind seeing Frederick's BA model. Despite that I'd never have it in my own game, sad as it is.

4 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Did we get official confirmation or anything that this is it?

This is everything outlined in the season pass.

I suppose its possible that Darios & friends could be made playable later in a free update, but that strikes me as exceedingly unlikely.

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

I wonder why Validar is their go-to fill-in villain? Why not at least use Iago or Gharnef for a few of the maps?

Probably due availability of Japanese voice actors.

8 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Did we get official confirmation or anything that this is it?

Nope, but looking at what they are adding, it looks like it's a proper send off to the game. They're probably going to focus on their other games if those do better, and Hyrule Warriors DE is more than likely going to sell more copies than this game.

Edited by MrPerson0

Infernal Blessing is probably the biggest clue that this is the end. Of course, they could provide Infernal Blessing+ or something that raises the enemy Level cap to 200 or something. We'll just have to wait and see...

Still, I am surprised we might never get playable Darious and the Sorcerers. I honestly thought it would be fairly easy to add them, since they are all clones, right? But I guess they just couldn't find the right opportunity or there wasn't much incentive (since TBH the 3 Sorcerers aren't exactly the most interesting "characters", although Iago can be pretty funny).