Awakening DLC Japanese + English Site Info [Topic Split]

nocturnal YL

Since the Sage outfit in 13 is shared between all the female sages, I wouldn't call it an Emm costume. However I do like that her staff is her axe and it looks very cool.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

Expected Niles as Gecko. Disappointed in (ugh) Validar as Campari and Gangrel.

I wonder why Validar is their go-to fill-in villain? Why not at least use Iago or Gharnef for a few of the maps?

Yeah, Iago would have fit as the theatrical Gangrel alot more. 

22 minutes ago, r_n said:

This is everything outlined in the season pass.

I suppose its possible that Darios & friends could be made playable later in a free update, but that strikes me as exceedingly unlikely.

Well, Cia, Volga, and Wizzro weren't part of Hyrule Warriors Season Pass, so there's still hope.

3 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

Yeah, Iago would have fit as the theatrical Gangrel alot more. 

Well, Cia, Volga, and Wizzro weren't part of Hyrule Warriors Season Pass, so there's still hope.

They weren't but they (& Medli) were released in conjunction with it and their weapons were put in the first pack alongside the story mode.

There's really no hope

12 minutes ago, Kazuya said:

Since the Sage outfit in 13 is shared between all the female sages, I wouldn't call it an Emm costume.

Wrong. The general outfit for the sage class is colored blue. Only Emm's has this color scheme that Lissa inherits, along with... whatever that is in the back of her head.

That being said I wished they had done the same for Cordelia's Dark Flier look and kept her color scheme, much like how Cipher does for any reclassed unit.

6 minutes ago, r_n said:

The english website updated too. Nothing really new other than Tharja's skill being called Vengeance and Tharja, as expected, gets a support with Robin

new-support-convos-3.png

Of course that would happen.

Just now, VincentASM said:

Which part? The support conversation or the renaming of her skill to Vengeance? XD

The support conversation. I thought they'd name her skill something other than Vengeance, but nope.

47 minutes ago, r_n said:

The english website updated too. Nothing really new other than Tharja's skill being called Vengeance and Tharja, as expected, gets a support with Robin

It also confirms that NA is getting it on the 28th! This means it'll be a simultaneous release once again.

March 28:

8pm EDT
5pm PDT

March 29:

1am UK time (I think they switch to DST this weekend)

9am Japan time

I'd hope it's not the last update, as they did mentioned they would do a Season 2 for requests after this. I hope they don't restrict it to Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates though if they do.

2 minutes ago, RKD | Roy Chan said:

as they did mentioned they would do a Season 2 for requests after this.

They never said this? Pretty sure the requests they were referring to are the quality of life updates they have been adding to every update.

Edited by MrPerson0

13 minutes ago, RKD | Roy Chan said:

I'd hope it's not the last update, as they did mentioned they would do a Season 2 for requests after this. I hope they don't restrict it to Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates though if they do.

That quote was taken out of context as a whole. Considering the way they were talking with the dlc in recent interviews, and taking into account that the DLC characters were technically never officially announced when we got that leak, they were talking about our current batch of dlc. 

Which when you think about their statement is entirely true with the current dlc. Tharja, Olivia, Minerva, Linde, and Azura are all popular characters and would be highly requested from those games.

38 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Yet the only other Awakening character Robin has a conversation with is Chrom. Oh well, at least he looks suitably disturbed.

Well that is strange. Fates bias? 

Besides Tharja, I'll expect Robin-Olivia for some reason, but I don't know about Owain.

Hopefully Olivia will get a Navarre support, since Olivia is a visual and gameplay carbon copy of 

Feena (Phina)

Whom Navarre joins with in Mystery. Olivia-Chrom would be nice too, since their support is different in Awakening from the usual since there is an S, but the C-A have nothing to do with it. Azura-Olivia should be done on the grounds of refresher rapport. Olivia will likely be with Tharja as well since they're in the same DLC pack and the two have radically different personalities. 

Owain is obviously going to go with Niles, but the rest is less certain. Lucina is the only other kiddo around, so I'd expect that. Lissa is his mommy. Chrom- well Awakening could have had a nice uncle-nephew support, but unless you're their parent, Gen 2 and Gen 1 don't interact at all (Lucina must have been very lonely on all the runs I skipped every other kid), hopefully FEW corrects this. Owain-Rowan sounds feasible as well. Could he get a SD char? Maybe Tiki or Navarre? Owain could get Olivia or Tharja too, since he only has one mommy, Lissa can't canonically be a lesbian and hence no parentage issues, which could happen if he got to talk to Frederick.

Tharja-Cordelia, they did have a Summer chat together (as did Tharja-Olivia), even if they lacked a Support together in the base game. Both can talk about obsession with someone else. Tharja-Tiki can reference her Nowi support. Tharja-Olivia can be a thing. Odin delves into darkness, so Tharja-Owain sounds feasible and he's on the same DLC pack. I wouldn't mind Chrom for her, since Chrom and not Robin has to recruit her in Awakening and the two can't wed. Maybe she can talk with Leo or corrupt Sakura/Elise? Toy with Takumi's possession-sensitive mind?

Tharja-Camilla?  BY NAGA AND ANANKOS IT'S HAPPENING SAYS SOMEBODY AT IS/KT! :facepalm:

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

This was posted back in September. Pretty obvious that they were talking about the DLC we are getting, since they never officially announced them. Remember, the Australian eShop info was never meant to be seen by us AFAIK, and Japan made it seem every new character reveal was a surprise.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well that is strange. Fates bias? 

Besides Tharja, I'll expect Robin-Olivia for some reason, but I don't know about Owain.

Hopefully Olivia will get a Navarre support, since Olivia is a visual and gameplay carbon copy of 

Feena (Phina)

Whom Navarre joins with in Mystery. Olivia-Chrom would be nice too, since their support is different in Awakening from the usual since there is an S, but the C-A have nothing to do with it. Azura-Olivia should be done on the grounds of refresher rapport. Olivia will likely be with Tharja as well since they're in the same DLC pack and the two have radically different personalities. 

Owain is obviously going to go with Niles, but the rest is less certain. Lucina is the only other kiddo around, so I'd expect that. Lissa is his mommy. Chrom- well Awakening could have had a nice uncle-nephew support, but unless you're their parent, Gen 2 and Gen 1 don't interact at all (Lucina must have been very lonely on all the runs I skipped every other kid), hopefully FEW corrects this. Owain-Rowan sounds feasible as well. Could he get a SD char? Maybe Tiki or Navarre? Owain could get Olivia or Tharja too, since he only has one mommy, Lissa can't canonically be a lesbian and hence no parentage issues, which could happen if he got to talk to Frederick.

Tharja-Cordelia, they did have a Summer chat together (as did Tharja-Olivia), even if they lacked a Support together in the base game. Both can talk about obsession with someone else. Tharja-Tiki can reference her Nowi support. Tharja-Olivia can be a thing. Odin delves into darkness, so Tharja-Owain sounds feasible and he's on the same DLC pack. I wouldn't mind Chrom for her, since Chrom and not Robin has to recruit her in Awakening and the two can't wed. Maybe she can talk with Leo or corrupt Sakura/Elise? Toy with Takumi's possession-sensitive mind?

Tharja-Camilla?  BY NAGA AND ANANKOS IT'S HAPPENING SAYS SOMEBODY AT IS/KT! :facepalm:

There does seem to be some Fates bias, but honestly, I'd rather they keep Robin from supporting any more Awakening characters.

Lucina had one with Lissa so Owain and Chrom seems entirely possible and I hope so considering their brief interactions in the story mode.

41 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

This was posted back in September. Pretty obvious that they were talking about the DLC we are getting, since they never officially announced them. Remember, the Australian eShop info was never meant to be seen by us AFAIK, and Japan made it seem every new character reveal was a surprise.

I'm pretty sure the DLC characters were set in stone from the moment that the DLC was revealed, not leaked, but when the packs were revealed itself at the con. But it doesn't mean that a season 2 won't happen either, if fans wanted it. 

The thing is, we don't know if they knew the DLC was leaked ahead of time. It probably was a surprise for Japanese speakers, who didn't know about it and can't read English and they still tried to make it a surprise for that audience.

1 minute ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

I'm pretty sure the DLC characters were set in stone from the moment that the DLC was revealed, not leaked, but when the packs were revealed itself at the con. But it doesn't mean that a season 2 won't happen either, if fans wanted it. 

The thing is, we don't know if they knew the DLC was leaked ahead of time. It probably was a surprise for Japanese speakers, who didn't know about it and can't read English and they still tried to make it a surprise for that audience.

We tend to know about leaks from their side. Why wouldn't they know about leaks from our side?

4 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

Characters were not revealed at the convention AFAIK. We didn't know who the characters were until they were leaked on the Australian eShop, and I'm pretty sure they knew about the leak, but still kept quite about it. They always acted as if they never revealed them until Famitsu did.

Until it is announced, there are no hints toward a season 2 DLC. They even said that characters like Ike and Roy won't get in as DLC.

Edited by MrPerson0

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

We tend to know about leaks from their side. Why wouldn't they know about leaks from our side?

That's a very good question. 
Miscommunication. Though that's probably why it got leaked in the first place and kinda how they acted like it didn't happen somewhat.

5 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

Characters were not revealed at the convention AFAIK. We didn't know who the characters were until they were leaked on the Australian eShop, and I'm pretty sure they knew about the leak, but still kept quite about it. They always acted as if they never revealed them until Famitsu did.

I know they weren't revealed at the convention. I'm just saying they revealed the packs and details, but the characters were maybe set in stone as in, all characters were probably who they wanted to include during development, but didn't get the chance too.

2 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

I know they weren't revealed at the convention. I'm just saying they revealed the packs and details, but the characters were maybe set in stone as in, all characters were probably who they wanted to include during development, but didn't get the chance too.

In that case, they definitely knew, and only said that comment because they knew the characters they picked were fan favorites.

3 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

In that case, they definitely knew, and only said that comment because they knew the characters they picked were fan favorites.

They probably did. I wouldn't be surprised Koei did hold out on some of three games fan favorite characters and put them as DLC.
Heck, we knew Navarre was going to playable in the main game at first, before being replaced with Lyn and Azura was planned, but was cut, but Azura is a fan favorite, so why do it?

Koei does have some off buisness practices, even for their main game, which can be overpriced.