Awakening DLC Japanese + English Site Info [Topic Split]

nocturnal YL

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, MrPerson0 said:

Eh, I think she still does it in the father/Noire supports. Of course, timing of supports will always be unknown. Just rubs me the wrong way that the game treated her issues as minor quirks.

I actually completely ignore the father supports for anyone but Chrom/Lucina for obvious reasons. They are all the exact same and some don't fit the characters at all.

In Noire's father supports they also contradict with the Noire/Tharja supports where Tharja doesn't abuse Noire and finds it distasteful that her future self did.

Basically I'm saying the father supports in Awakening are essentially garbage.

45 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

I actually completely ignore the father supports for anyone but Chrom/Lucina for obvious reasons. They are all the exact same and some don't fit the characters at all.

In Noire's father supports they also contradict with the Noire/Tharja supports where Tharja doesn't abuse Noire and finds it distasteful that her future self did.

Hey, I'd say Owain's was quite fitting for Lon'qu. Lon'qu, who doesn't want to lose another beloved one again, takes an arrow for Lissa in an ambush in their support, which also happens in Owain's B-support, where we find that he also did it in the future, though that time he didn't end well. While two of the cases depend on the father, I like fact that Lon'qu does it in his support, "canonically", so it would be a recurring theme.

I also like the beginning of Laurent's support if his father is Vaike, because giving him something he found on the ground it's basically Miriel giving Vaike his axe, but that's just a detail. I'd say that Cynthia's fit everyone too.

But yeah, Noire's is in the "doesn't make sense" category.

2 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

Don't know why you are willingly ignoring them...nonetheless, in the Japanese Noire/Tharja C Support, Noire says this: "I wish you’d stop putting weird curses on me…"

http://fe-according-to-japan.tumblr.com/post/61827114760/more-than-you-really-needed-to-know-about-tharja

Which goes to show that present Tharja was still placing hexes on her before relenting to Noire's wishes.

Edited by MrPerson0

7 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

Don't know why you are willingly ignoring them...nonetheless, in the Japanese Noire/Tharja C Support, Noire says this: "I wish you’d stop putting weird curses on me…"

http://fe-according-to-japan.tumblr.com/post/61827114760/more-than-you-really-needed-to-know-about-tharja

Which goes to show that present Tharja was still placing hexes on her before relenting to Noire's wishes.

That’s Japan and before localization though. Doesn’t really hold much weight here considering what things can change across localization, for better or worst. In this case for better.

3 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

That’s Japan and before localization though. Doesn’t really hold much weight here considering what things can change across localization, for better or worst. In this case for better.

I'm pretty sure people hate it when localization changes anything, especially after the whole fiasco with Fates. NoE changing the name of the "Lovebirds" cutscene (was called this in Japanese and North American releases) to something else was completely random. Also, it would be better to see how the original writers wrote her as. 

Edited by MrPerson0

1 minute ago, MrPerson0 said:

I'm pretty sure people hate it when localization changes anything, especially after the whole fiasco with Fates. Also, it would be better to see how the original writers wrote her as.

There are things that need to be changed at times, localization is a necessary thing. Just from a cultural difference standpoint. 

8 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

"Anything you need, Noire/Morgan? You deserve a reward for being my guinea pig."

"Noire/Morgan, can I practice on you? ...I mean, practice WITH you?"

"Oh, you know—hex this, hex that. I’ve always been a girl with dark tendencies. And since you’re my daughter you should probably learn the trade. ...Or at least sacrifice to advance it. Care to help me test the teethgrinder hex?"

Well, it turns out that even without the Father/Noire supports AND the original Japanese translation, Tharja's daughter(s) remain guinea pigs for curses and hexes and whatnot.

54 minutes ago, MrPerson0 said:

I'm pretty sure people hate it when localization changes anything, especially after the whole fiasco with Fates. NoE changing the name of the "Lovebirds" cutscene (was called this in Japanese and North American releases) to something else was completely random. Also, it would be better to see how the original writers wrote her as. 

And sometimes those people are just purists. For example, changing Soliel's supports was definitely for the best..it reeked far too much of gay conversion therapy...I'm still sad Soliel wasn't a lesbian option..

1 hour ago, MrPerson0 said:

Because they are too same-y between fathers..like Henry would probably LOVE being hexed and cursed..so he's out of character and it contradicts the English support, which is the only one I actively care about.

I think this video explains Tharja pretty well.

I'll also add that you can like a character without liking everything about them, or even outright hating some parts (Tharja's & Camilla's obsessions are part of what I don't like despite my liking the characters). Since I mentioned Camilla, Ghast's video on her and why she's likely got an actual mental disorder is a good watch too, in my opinion.

Edited by Deva Ashera

16 hours ago, smfthegeek said:

So am I the only genuinely hyped for Olivia’s sword moveset? Will it be completely unique or will it be something similar to lindes where it works the same just some altered specials and if so who would be her base character. I know shes said to be the unique one but im curious to see who her base character is.

16 hours ago, r_n said:

Linde plays nothing like Robin or Leo/Elise other than the standard mage thing of needing to pop a bar to access yellow gauges everything else about her is different.

Olivia, likewise, almost certainly has nothing in common with other sword users. It's assuemd she has Azura's special bar gimmick.

I also believe Olivia's moveset will be brand new and I'm excited to see it, but part of me actually worries that she will be a clone (but who would she be a clone of is the question for a lot of us I suppose) because it kind of impresses me that Koei would manage to create one more unique sword moveset but have all the archers be the same. Ah well.

42 minutes ago, twistedxgrace said:

I also believe Olivia's moveset will be brand new and I'm excited to see it, but part of me actually worries that she will be a clone (but who would she be a clone of is the question for a lot of us I suppose) because it kind of impresses me that Koei would manage to create one more unique sword moveset but have all the archers be the same. Ah well.

Itll probably be unique It just doesnt make any sense for her to be a clone of any of the current movesets, and each DLC has had 1 non clone. Fates gave us Azura (Oboro uses the base lance fighter moveset that we just didnt have access to yet), SD gave us Linde, and Awakening will likely be Olivia.

As far as the archers go, yeah it was a bit disappointing. Especially with Niles. I would have been ok with the other 3 all being a clone if it wasnt for Niles both getting a cloned moveset and botched stats to go with it. Bringing Lethality to the table while having the worst luck in the game? Really?

11 hours ago, Tolvir said:

There are things that need to be changed at times, localization is a necessary thing. Just from a cultural difference standpoint. 

I mean that's why I'm one of the weebier members of this forum that plays FE in JP.

Olivia is the one I'm anticipating the most when the third pack comes, my favorite Awakening character. Plus reverse-grip swordplay is a bonus.

Also, has someone tested the Strike Rate+ on Chrom's Training Sword? Is it a little faster than Astra or are they really the same speed?

5 hours ago, RKD | Roy Chan said:

Olivia is the one I'm anticipating the most when the third pack comes, my favorite Awakening character. Plus reverse-grip swordplay is a bonus.

Also, has someone tested the Strike Rate+ on Chrom's Training Sword? Is it a little faster than Astra or are they really the same speed?

It's all the same speed and it doesn't stack. Whether you pick that or Astra depends on whether your character has weapon slots or character skill slots to spare for your build.

Edited by Folt

Wonder how the exact support distribution is going to turn out. The game has been so very weird with blessing some characters with 10+ supports while leaving others up and dry with barely 5. Feels like some weird kind of bias going on with what the devs thought would be fitting/interesting. If it was based on fan popularity, then Takumi and Camilla wouldn't be slated with the lowest number of supports among the Fates siblings (as they are the fan-favourites). If not basing it on popularity, you'd think they'd go for a mostly even number of supports among everyone, but nope. It's honestly pretty vexing.

4 hours ago, Nanima said:

Wonder how the exact support distribution is going to turn out. The game has been so very weird with blessing some characters with 10+ supports while leaving others up and dry with barely 5. Feels like some weird kind of bias going on with what the devs thought would be fitting/interesting. If it was based on fan popularity, then Takumi and Camilla wouldn't be slated with the lowest number of supports among the Fates siblings (as they are the fan-favourites). If not basing it on popularity, you'd think they'd go for a mostly even number of supports among everyone, but nope. It's honestly pretty vexing.

Well, currently, A+ Supports among the characters are (not counting the Awakening DLC ones because they aren't out yet), with Base + DLC/Cross DLC:

Spoiler

Rowan: 8+1=9

Lianna: 8

Chrom: 7+1=8

Robin: 8+1=9

Lucina: 9

Lissa: 7

Frederick: 7+1=8

Cordelia: 6+1=7

Corrin: 8+2=10

Ryoma: 7+3=10

Xander: 9+1=10

Hinoka: 5+3=8

Camilla: 5

Takumi: 4+2=6

Leo: 4+3=7

Sakura: 5+2=7

Elise: 6+1=7

Oboro: 7

Niles: 5+1=6

Marth: 10+4=14

Caeda: 8+2=10

Tiki: 8+1=9

Navarre: 8

Anna: 8+1=9

Lyn: 10+1=11

Celica: 8

Azura: 5

Minerva: 5

Linde: 3+1=4

The big winner when it comes to both DLC and Base appears to be Marth, which is fitting as he's the iconic FE Lord. Besides Marth, the biggest winners in regards to the DLC currently are Ryoma, Hinoka, and Leo. At base, besides Marth, the big winner is Lyn, but she got very little from the DLC in terms of Supports.

Edited by Folt

8 minutes ago, Folt said:

Well, currently, A+ Supports among the characters are (not counting the Awakening DLC ones because they aren't out yet), with Base + DLC/Cross DLC:

The big winner when it comes to both DLC and Base appears to be Marth, which is fitting as he's the iconic FE Lord. Besides Marth, the biggest winners in regards to the DLC currently are Ryoma, Hinoka, and Leo. At base, besides Marth, the big winner is Lyn, but she got very little from the DLC in terms of Supports.

Marth does make sense. Lyn does too. But Takumi and Camilla being so low, after repeatedly proving to be the most popular royal of their respective kingdom is just baffling. Mabye Awakening fixes it a little, but it certainly won't raise the number enough to actually reflect their popularity. I mean Caeda has 10, and while you can maybe handwave this in-universe as her being the "Heart of Talys", it does seem odd from a fanservice perspective.

Edited by Nanima

2 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Marth does make sense. Lyn does too. But Takumi and Camilla being so low, after repeatedly proving to be the most popular royal of their respective kingdom is just baffling. Mabye Awakening fixes it a little, but it certainly won't raise the number enough to actually reflect their popularity. I mean Caeda has 10, and while you can maybe handwave this in-universe as her being the "Heart of Talys", it does seem odd from a fanservice perspective.

Well, Caeda is the original FE Heroine so it's not surprising that she gets so much on the grounds that she's quite an important, and very notable character on top of being fairly popular. (Indeed, I suspect that none of the Whitewings would make it besides getting a mention because Caeda is that important, and thus keeps the position as the SD Peg. Knight rep with an iron grip.)

And let's not kid ourselves, the Fates royals are all very important, very popular characters.

2 minutes ago, Folt said:

Well, Caeda is the original FE Heroine so it's not surprising that she gets so much on the grounds that she's quite an important, and very notable character on top of being fairly popular. (Indeed, I suspect that none of the Whitewings would make it besides getting a mention because Caeda is that important, and thus keeps the position as the SD Peg. Knight rep with an iron grip.)

And let's not kid ourselves, the Fates royals are all very important, very popular characters.

Which is what I said.

How does them all being important justify giving two of them less material to work with? It doesn't. Period.

11 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Which is what I said.

How does them all being important justify giving two of them less material to work with? It doesn't. Period.

Well, unlike the other Hoshidan/Nohrian siblings, they got costumes. (And Takumi isn't anywhere near shafted when it comes to DLC supports either, getting a respectable 2 Supports which is equal to Sakura and more than Elise currently has.)

I'm guessing Linde will get one with Tharja. Light mage, dark mage, there's gotta be some connection there.

I also kind of hope Owain gets to talk to other awakening memebers beyond Lissa & Chrom.

Edited by r_n