Weird thing in randomized Sacred Stones

I hope I'm writing this to the right place. So I started testing how the randomizer change Sacred Stones before going for my planned Binding Blade playthrough. So far lot of Soldiers and Trainees.

My Amelia joined early, and she is a Recruit. But when she reached Level 10, she didn't auto-promote herself at the next chapter. Is this a possible bug caused by the randomizer?

21 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

I hope I'm writing this to the right place. So I started testing how the randomizer change Sacred Stones before going for my planned Binding Blade playthrough. So far lot of Soldiers and Trainees.

My Amelia joined early, and she is a Recruit. But when she reached Level 10, she didn't auto-promote herself at the next chapter. Is this a possible bug caused by the randomizer?

Any and all of the Trainee classes you find will either be Tier 2 Trainees or Tier 3 Trainees (aka Super Trainees).

This can be seen in their 5 and 6 movement respectively rather than the usual 4 that a trainee would have.

Recruit promotes to Paladin or Super Recruit, Pupil promotes to Sage or Super Pupil, and Journeyman promotes to Hero or Super Journeyman.

Edited by Emerson

33 minutes ago, Emerson said:

Any and all of the Trainee classes you find will either be Tier 2 Trainees or Tier 3 Trainees (aka Super Trainees).

This can be seen in their 5 and 6 movement respectively rather than the usual 4 that a trainee would have.

Recruit promotes to Paladin or Super Recruit, Pupil promotes to Sage or Super Pupil, and Journeyman promotes to Hero or Super Journeyman.

Hmmm, but this Amelia does have 4 movement

4 hours ago, Garlyle said:

Hmmm, but this Amelia does have 4 movement

Huh, really? Maybe Amelia has a chance of being a Tier 1 Trainee since she's already one in the base game...

Well, I suppose if you need to, buy a Master Seal from the Armory during the prep screen (Not sure if it's in both the 1.0 and 1.1 versions, it's for sure in 1.1, also not sure what version you're using) and see whether she promotes to the Tier 1 or Tier 2 promotions.

9 hours ago, Garlyle said:

It's some kind of bug with FE8's complicated promotion design. For some reason, unless a specified character is in a specified class (wrt trainees), they won't promote at 10 when they stop leveling. It can be fixed through hex editing but it's a pain - a much easier edit is to hack them in a master seal and use it on them at level 10.