1. 1. New Character.

• Alm (Shadows of Valentia.)
    • Celica (Shadows of Valentia.)
    • New Lord (Fire Emblem Switch.)
    • Hector (Blazing Sword.)
    • Azura (Fates.)
    • Seliph (Genealogy of the Holy War.)
    • Comment.

Clickbaity title. I thought this was an announcement. FE has enough characters as it is though.

What do you mean; as playable characters, assist trophies, trophies, characters that make a cameo appearance on a Fire Emblem-themed stage?

In all seriousness, if this is just what new character I want to see in Smash Bros. 5. a) change the title of the thread, and b) Micaiah. Light magic would be cool to see, and she would bring something different to the roster. She could even have a special attack Thani (based on her unique tome), that sends opponents further the heavier they are, rather than the lighter they are. For example: Kirby wouldn't be sent very far, but metal Ganondorf would be sent flying. 

I like Alm better, but I really want to see a non-sword character, so Hector for me. Having him swing his axe around with force would be badass, and I feel like he would be a unique addition to the roster as long as they don't make him too similar to Ike. And if we're not limited to the choices in the poll, I would say my dream character for Smash would be an archer like Takumi or Virion, though I can't see that ever happening.

None since Fire emblem already has more characters then it should. I like Fire emblem and I realize its more of a happy accident then bias so I'm fine with that but its best not to make a weird situation any worse. 

The time for lords is pretty much over anyway. We already got physical attackers and magical ones, a buffed meathead, two pretty boys and a pretty girl. Every archtype a lord can fall into is already taken right now. If there's to be a new Fire emblem rep it should be a villain. 

I doubt well be seeing any new FE characters just due to timing (DLC excluded of course)

unless they want to pull another Roy or Corrin I don't see a new character in the base roster

Because I love the idea of more creative costume choices than simple recolors, I'd want to exercise the Bowser, Jr. clause more and have a few slots dedicated to major Fire Emblem classes and archetypes. Fighter is my top priority to get axe users in there, and I wouldn't mind dedicated lance users either. Much like how I'd like to see every Pokemon type get represented (even if through dual-types like Charizard and Lucario), I'd like to see all the major Fire Emblem weapons get some kind of representation.

7 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

What do you mean; as playable characters, assist trophies, trophies, characters that make a cameo appearance on a Fire Emblem-themed stage?

In all seriousness, if this is just what new character I want to see in Smash Bros. 5. a) change the title of the thread, and b) Micaiah. Light magic would be cool to see, and she would bring something different to the roster. She could even have a special attack Thani (based on her unique tome), that sends opponents further the heavier they are, rather than the lighter they are. For example: Kirby wouldn't be sent very far, but metal Ganondorf would be sent flying. 

I would love to have Micaiah in Smash Bros.

In fact, it's my most wanted character far above pretty much any character I would like.

It feels a bit selfish to want this? Maybe, but I want her in my favorite Nintendo (and in general) series of all of time