If the DLC Characters in the Game at Launch Weren't DLC Who Would Want in Their Place?

ladyfoster

Let's see here...

Shadow the Draghog: All aboard the Camus bandwagon, choo chooooo. A lance cavalier would be an excellent addition that frankly should be in the game already, and Camus is definitely a well known and popular character. Hardin would also make for an excellent addition. There was mentioning earlier in the thread of Xane, and while I'm not sure how he could be incorporated, it'd certainly be really cool to see. I'd also like to throw Wrys into the ring, using a unique Staff based moveset. How would that work? Fuck, I don't know man. But I'd love to see it happen. Jeorge would make for a nice archer addition, but all archers are clones and we have 4, so...

Wake Me Up (Wake me up inside): My immediate thought is one that I don't think many other people would agree with. I'd love to see The Vaike as a playable character representing the actual Fighter class. So far the closest we have to that is Lissa which... no. No, she's not a Fighter. Adult Tiki could be an interesting addition, filling a similar role and power fantasy to Twili Midna in Hyrule Warriors. (Regardless of stats or the actual effectiveness of her moveset, she feels worlds more powerful and destructive than the base version.) Donnel would make for a good spear infantry unit, as well as a representation of the trainee class in its many incarnations.

Fayyylmaotes: There's a lot of clamouring for a dagger unit, and my fondness of Wang Yuanji makes me inclined to agree. I know that a lot of people are pulling for Kaze or Jakob, but I'd really like to see Saizo, personally. I've always enjoyed him as a character more than Kaze, particularly in his supports, which I found frequently entertaining. I'm honestly hard pressed to think of any other Fates characters I would want that aren't rendered redundant by characters already in the game. Honestly I think Fates has more than enough representation as it is.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with @Etheus that there could have been a thief/ninja class, especially seeing Olivia's moveset and the way she holds her blade.

For Fates, I'd put Kaze and Kagero in for ninja goodness.

For Awakening, I'd put Gaius, but a case could have easily been made for Nowi (and an Adult Tiki costume)

I'm not very well-versed in Shadow Dragon, so I'm sure other folks can chime in better than I.

• 2 weeks later...

For shadow dragon its kinda up in the air since outside of a core few characters a lot of them are rather underdeveloped unfortunately (i really really hope shadow dragon gets another remake at some point that rectifies that) but to sort of get it down to the roots...

characters with the best hypothetical chances to get in (that are not bosses) - ogma, merric, catria. ogma and merric are some prominent faces that are generally well liked from shadow dragon, and catria usually seems to be the most popular of the white wings. plus if ya wanna go the lazy route they could have copy movesets very easily though i would prefer unique movesets.

characters who have the biggest moveset potential (that are not xane or the ballistaes since thats way to obvious and a bit trickier to implement) - wolf, midia, barst. well barst would mostly just be giving the arcahnea crew an axe user, midia presents the chance for some mounted lance horse action and some time for her to kick some ass, well wolf would be able to spice up the bow user pool with a horse bow user allowing him to better stand out. any one of them incidentally could probably be slotted out for another character who utilizes a similar class or moveset, i just happen to like these three a bit more is all.

characters who i would like to be there - since my big dream would have been a balanced number of characters from each game that was going to be present, to bump up the shadow dragon cast from the 6 it would be if all the dlc one were in at base to the highest current number of characters from one game currently there (12) i would probably pick... ogma, merric, maria, wolf, astram, midia, with maybe the caveat of ogma wielding an axe instead (though i suppose if ya wanna be representational of weapon distribution in shadow dragon no axe users is fine), and the conversations between the midia and astram could be adorably painful.

• 2 weeks later...

Fates

Arthur: The game needs more male axe users and of all three games he and Basilio are the only ones who meet all the criteria. Out of these two I'd give the spot to Arthur because he's such a good fit for Warriors. His superhero gimmick and bombastic personality gives him all the charm a warriors character needs. 

Kaze: He's one of the more important non royals and he's a ninja. If Kaze gets in then the game would have someone that's both important and unique. 

Awakening

Walhard: FE Warriors misses both villains and a Lu Bu type of character. With Walhard the game will get both of these for the price of one character

Henry: Considering Tharja and the black mage loser trio all forgot they were supposed to be dark mages I'd say Tharja hasn't made Henry redundant just yet. While Tharja stole Robin's anima moveset Henry could go represent the dark mage moveset that no character seemed to want. Perhaps he could even throw some crow attacks in there. It would certainly make lots of people happy since Henry's rather popular. 

Shadow Dragon

Camus/Hardin: It was quite a big oversight that neither of those was added. Both are able to represent the villains and the lance cavalries. Hardin can even go represent the armor class if they are willing to bend the rules a bit in order to get the best outcome. Their presence just makes sense. If they chose Shadow Dragon and if they decided to only have a very small Shadow Dragon cast than it just makes sense to chose its best characters. 

• 3 weeks later...

For Fates I would want Azama or Setsuna as the Birthright representative and Arthur or Benny for the Conquest representative 

For Awakening I think Henry or Nowi would have been good choices. Nowi could have been a copy of Tiki, which would give us another dragon

As for Shadow Dragon Merric would have been cool and been a copy of Linde like someone else mentioned or Jagen would have been a cool entry as well

3 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Since I only bother to read titles... Ike, Hector and Seliph.

You get four options; two that were taken up by Niles and Oboro, and one from Owain and Navarre each.  The scenario is "take the unique NPCs, put them in the base game as playable characters, and fill up their missing DLC slots with other characters from their respective games".  As such, they couldn't come from other games, either.

And I'd personally pick a character like Cuan, Finn, or Altenna over Seliph for a singular Genealogy rep; basically anyone to help diversify the roster's moveset.

Following the limitations they delined (no lance cavaliers, no armored units, no knives, no different shapeshifters, etc):

1st Case: All Clones

Fates Pack: Shigure (Lance PegKnt)

Shadow Dragon: Midia (clone of Xander, maybe without "dark" visual effects) or Merric (clone of Robin, maybe with more wind effects)

Awakening: Nowi (clone of TIki)

2nd Case: All Original movesets

Fates: Charlotte

Shadow Dragon: Astram or Merric

Awakening: Vaike

Edited by Yexin

• 2 months later...

FATES PACK:

Arthur and Subaki. Arthur would use the Fighter moveset and Subaki would clone the Pegasus Knight moveset.

SHADOW DRAGON PACK:

Draug who would use the Knight moveset.

AWAKENING PACK:

Basilio who would use the Fighter moveset. Adult Tiki using a unique base moveset would also be interesting.