Deploying characters in FE10

Vicious Sal

Hello all,

I've been busy the last few weeks working on a reverse recruitment patch for Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn. So far I've been able to change al units to their corresponding counterparts up until 1-4. from that point onward, you have a Base, with Base conversations. To trigger the base conversations, you need certain characters in your party. (E.G.: Micaiah & Sothe for the Recruit Meg convo) This is where I started running into trouble. Since Micaiah had been replaced with Lehran and Sothe has been replaced with Caineghis, the conversations cannot be triggered. 

I've tried editing the SCRIPTS file, however, changing the PID.[Charactername] offsets did not yield any results. So far I haven't been able to find out how to change base convo requirements. If anyone is knowledgeable about this, I would appreciate the help. The other method I was thinking of was just adding Meg(Or her counterpart rather) to the party immediately, nullifying the need for the convo. Sadly, My work in de DISPOS_C and DISPOS_H files once again failed to deliver any results. I couldn't locate the part in the 68(hex) bits for whether or not a character is part of your current party. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have read the entirety of the RD hacking notes, which were a great help, however, this piece of code is unknown as far as that topic is concerned.

Edited by Vicious Sal

All units that are normally recruited at the end now have adjusted growths and bases, so Caineghis is great since he's on a higher base level. He's replacing Sothe. Giffca comes in as a level 1 lion with bases to match.

Edited by Vicious Sal

• 3 weeks later...

I know it's a double post, but I have yet to resolve the problem, so any help would be appreciated! So far I haven't found any correlation in the bytes between the characters that are recruited by base convo. 

• 2 months later...

I could help with the DISPOH_H method. The other method I'm having problems with myself. you could just replace a unit who was a party member until that point like edward, nolan, leonardo in the zmap. When you say part of your current party do you mean commander/ authority stars affecting them or blue yellow red green?