So Dengeki Playstation D43 has a "Emblem Saga" Taikenban Special, and I decided to check it out.

Kiddo

Hey guys. Long time no post, huh?
I'm gonna assume no one really pays attention to what I do outside of here, so I'll summarize: Lots of game proto and demo research.

Recently I decided to grab as many dumps of Playstation demo discs and magazines as I can and examine them. Thankfully projects like Redump acquired many, including a certain "Dengeki Playstation D43", which I assume means the 43rd Playstation disc volume of Dengeki Playstation magazine.
So where am I headed with this? Well, this volume has a certain demo that I think might be of special interest to the folks here. I went and checked on "Emblem Saga Prelude" and recorded a bit of the footage here.
I know there is another known demo of "Tear Ring Saga Prelude", and this seems to be similar to that one, but it has Blue-haired Runan, at least. It's possible there are other changes that are harder to notice. (Or possibly ones that would require datamining to find.)
Any help on finding anything else out of this would be appreciated.

I'm going to assume Tirnanog would not have changed anything they already made into the game unless it was absolutely necessary.
That said, I am curious if anything can be found by datamining - it may be possible that future game plans were changed in an attempt to give Tear Ring more of a separate identity.

Thanks a bunch for finding this!! I'm super excited to dig through it and see what it has to offer!

Edit: Assuming that it works in the same way as TearRing Saga Prelude, I can probably make a savestate to get past the demo wall that I assume is at the end of Chapter 3.

Edited by Aethin

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2018 at 4:27 PM, Emperor Hardin said:

Long time, indeed!

Is this the version with all the in-depth multiplayer teams made out of NPCs and cut characters?

I don't recall playing the multiplayer mode so I have no idea, sorry.

19 hours ago, Kiddo said:

I don't recall playing the multiplayer mode so I have no idea, sorry.

There's a demo with a bunch of indepth multiplayer teams, I can link you to a Japanese description on it.

Basically it has unused class combinations like Gold Knight/Richard and unused NPCs such as a bandit named Gannon.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, it looks like the character profiles match the site (Even the ones who had their colors changed). And the "Prelude" looks less detailed than the "Story" section of the site, so it's probably spoiler-free.
That actually kinda bums me out; A part of me is hoping the original story had more direct ties to FE that had to be edited out, but it seems at least looking on the surface level that that may not be the case. Of course, it's most likely that if the direct ties were there than they'd be more deeply hidden anyway, but seeing text that matches the character bios on the site makes me think more that whatever was changed was bare minimum.

4 hours ago, Kiddo said:

Yeah, it looks like the character profiles match the site (Even the ones who had their colors changed). And the "Prelude" looks less detailed than the "Story" section of the site, so it's probably spoiler-free.
That actually kinda bums me out; A part of me is hoping the original story had more direct ties to FE that had to be edited out, but it seems at least looking on the surface level that that may not be the case. Of course, it's most likely that if the direct ties were there than they'd be more deeply hidden anyway, but seeing text that matches the character bios on the site makes me think more that whatever was changed was bare minimum.

We several characters like Xane and Jake were going to be in the game before being replaced.

On 5/18/2018 at 4:48 PM, Emperor Hardin said:

We several characters like Xane and Jake were going to be in the game before being replaced.

Xane and Jake? Maybe they're buried in the Prelude version somewhere... probably not, but it at least gives me an idea on what to look for.

56 minutes ago, Kiddo said:

Xane and Jake? Maybe they're buried in the Prelude version somewhere... probably not, but it at least gives me an idea on what to look for.

They got replacements and Xane was said to be in Kaga's planned new game.

Noticably a Thief unit has Xane's unique mimic ability.

See attached for a savestate to get past the tutorial levels! (I made the state using the emulator pSX 1.13... not sure if it'll work on other emulators, but you can try!)

Note that you're not able to save (since it was supposed to be a demo), so you have to progress solely through savestates. This state will put you right before the start of Chapter 3. Since I wanted to rush through the first 3 chapters to get to the end of the demo, I've mostly been using the units Narron, Bartz, and Raffin.

es-prelude-bypass-tutorial.psv