Who will come back and who will get cut?

Gregster101

With every Smash game, there's always speculation about the roster, mainly as to what characters will return and what characters will get cut. Assuming this is a port, it's safe to say that everyone from Smash 4 will return (even the clones and the third party characters). If this is a new game however, there will probably be a few cuts. For this topic, I'm mainly going to be talking about characters who've been cut before in the past and the new characters from Smash 4.

Characters who've been cut before:

Let's get the obvious one out of the way, the Ice Climbers. Sakurai has stated before the Ice Climbers were fully functioning in the Wii U version at one point, but there was difficulty getting them to work properly in the 3DS version. As Sakurai wanted both versions to have an identical roster, the Ice Climbers were sadly cut to avoid having a version exclusive character. Since we know that the new Smash game will only be on the Switch, which is more powerful than both the 3DS and Wii U, it's pretty likely that we could see the Ice Climbers come back.

I also have a feeling that we may have Wolf return. He was popularly requested to come back during the Smash Ballot, and it was pretty surprising that he wasn't part of Smash 4's final dlc. Since Wolf is pretty similar to both Fox and Falco, and Sakurai probably still has his Brawl assets, I can only assume it wouldn't be that hard to bring Wolf back.

Now onto the Pokemon characters. I think it's safe to say Mewtwo will come back. He was the first DLC character announced for Smash 4 much to the excitement of many people, and he was very close to being in Brawl before being cut. He was even planned to be in the original Smash 64, meaning he was planned to be in every Smash game. Knowing how much outcry there was when Mewtwo was cut in Brawl, it wouldn't be wise to cut him again.

With Charizard becoming his own character in Smash 4, it's unlikely that the Pokemon Trainer will come back. Now would Squirtle and Ivysaur return as their own characters? Probably not, and I say this as someone who enjoyed both Squirtle and Ivysaur more than Charizard back in Brawl. Greninja did a good job representing Water starters in Smash 4, and they'll probably add Decidueye to represent Grass starters, so I don't think we'll be getting either Squirtle, Ivysaur, or the Pokemon Trainer back at all sadly.

Pichu will never come back. Next

I have a feeling that Roy may come back. Similar to Mewtwo, there was a lot of rejoicing from fans when he came despite being yet another Fire Emblem character. Like Marth, his inclusion in Melee played a big part in the Fire Emblem series getting localized starting with Blazing Sword. He's seen a resurgence in popularity with Fire Emblem Heroes if his high position in the first Choose Your Legends poll is any indication, and the director of Shadows of Valentia has stated the next Fire Emblem game he'd like to remake is Binding Blade. If anything, it'd may be a good idea to keep Roy around that way when a Binding Blade remake eventually gets announced, Smash fans will be interested in playing it. Plus, he's different enough from Marth in Smash 4 to warrant his own slot, unlike Lucina who I'll talk about later.

Similar to Mewtwo and Roy, I think Lucas may come back. He was brought back due to fan demand as well, and was the second DLC character announced after Mewtwo. Add to having a similar moveset like Ness, and it's likely that Lucas will come back.

Now for the super big one, Snake. As much as I would love to see Snake come back, it's very unlikely that he will. The reason Snake was even added in the first place was due to Sakurai's friendship with Hideo Kojima, the creator of the Metal Gear series, who wanted his son to see one of his characters in a Super Smash Bros. game. Kojima even requested Snake to appear in Melee, but it was too late in development to add him. Kojima had a falling out with Konami and left to form his own independent studio, resulting in the cancellation of his Silent Hills game. Despite this, Konami still owns the rights to Metal Gear, so Snake could still come back if Konami wanted him to. Considering Sakurai's friendship with Kojima tho, I don't think he would allow out of respect for his friend. Sakurai seems like the guy to uphold his friendship with Kojima.

Newcomers from Smash 4:

To get this started, the newcomers that I believe will return include Rosalina, Bowser Jr., Villager, Little Mac, Shulk, Duck Hunt, Greninja, Palutena, Mega Man, Pac-Man, the Miis, and Bayonetta.

I know, Bayonetta is hated by the Smash community because of how stupidly broken she is. But with the re-release of Bayonetta 1 and 2 for the Switch, as well the announcement of Bayonetta 3 being developed exclusively for the Switch, it would be a poor business decision to cut Bayonetta.

Wii Fit Trainer I think is the most in danger of getting cut among the first party newcomers. Nintendo's been trying to get away from the Wii brand with the Switch, so it would hamper Wii Fit Trainer's chances of returning. I know relevancy for the most part hasn't really played a part in certain characters getting in (i.e. Mr. Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Duck Hunt), and I wouldn't be opposed to the Wii Fit Trainer returning, but if they do get cut, I wouldn't really be surprised.

Putting my hatred against Corrin aside, I'm pretty torn on whether or not he'll come back. He was only added to advertise Fates, and he does have somewhat unique moveset compared to some of the other Fire Emblem characters, so it would be kind of a waste to remove him. On the other hand, it would save up a spot for a new Fire Emblem character, like say Alm or Celica from Echoes, or whoever the protagonist of FE Switch. Not to mention, unlike Roy, who has the status of a veteran from Melee, Corrin wasn't really embraced by either the Smash community or Fire Emblem community upon his announcement. It's hard to say whether or not Corrin will come back, but part of me feels like they won't.

Speaking of Fire Emblem, I do believe that one of the Fire Emblem Awakening characters, Robin and Lucina, will be cut in the next game. What I would do is that I would keep Robin in his own slot, and made Lucina an alternate costume of Marth, like she was originally intended to be. This way we can have both characters without there being too many Fire Emblem characters on the character select screen. Robin has a very unique moveset from all the other Fire Emblem characters, what with him having tomes and the weapon durability mechanic. Lucina on the other hand...is just another Marth clone. I know Lucina is insanely popular, but I feel like we can get away with making her an alternate costume of Marth.

Speaking of Lucina, that's pretty much what I would do with Dark Pit and Dr. Mario, make them alternate costumes of Pit and Mario. Although Dark Pit does seem like the most likely clone to stay in his own slot, due to being Sakurai's baby and him not liking the idea of Dark Pit using the Three Sacred Treasures as final smash. If Dark Pit does stay in own slot, I hope they differentiate his moveset from Pit by giving him some of his weapons from Uprising.

Now onto the other two DLC third party characters, Cloud and Ryu. Of the third party characters in Smash 4, Cloud I think is the most likely to get cut. Sakurai had to go through literal hell just to get Square Enix's permission to have him appear in Smash, and compared to the other Third Party characters, there's very little Final Fantasy representation in Smash 4, what with having only two songs on Midgar and only three trophys (all being Cloud). On the other hand, it would be a good idea to keep Cloud to advertise Final Fantasy 7 Remake on the off chance it gets ported to the Switch after it's not longer a Timed Exclusive for the PS4. Ryu I think is more likely to stay compared to Cloud. Ultra Street Fighter 2 did surprisingly well on the Switch, and the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection is coming to the Switch, so I think Ryu has a chance to come back. Ideally I'd love to see both Cloud and Ryu come back, but if they don't, I wouldn't really be surprised.

And that's pretty much predictions on who will return and who will get cut. What do you guys think? Feel free to reply below

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only think Lucina, Bayonetta, and Cloud will get cut. Roy depends on whether he's further decloned or not. Corrin has a unique moveset and the female is popular, thus I don't think she's likely to to be cut at all.

Everyone else would or should return imo.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I only think Lucina, Bayonetta, and Cloud will get cut. Roy depends on whether he's further decloned or not. Corrin has a unique moveset and the female is popular, thus I don't think she's likely to to be cut at all.

I disagree about Bayonetta getting cut. Bayonetta 3 is coming, so it would make sense to keep Bayonetta as a way to advertise it.

5 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I disagree about Bayonetta getting cut. Bayonetta 3 is coming, so it would make sense to keep Bayonetta as a way to advertise it.

That's an M-rated game though, and she was OP in Smash. I can see them deciding she is not suitable for this game given that Snake did not return. Snake being in forced Brawl's rating to be higher than previous Smash titles. Bayonetta is DLC, so she didn't change Smash 4's rating. But she would surely make Smash 5 the same rating as Brawl.

Edited by Anacybele

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Bayonetta, I don't see going anywhere anytime soon. I'm pretty sure Nintendo payed good money for the 2nd and 3rd games.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's an M-rated game though, and she was OP in Smash. I can see them deciding she is not suitable for this game given that Snake did not return. Snake being in forced Brawl's rating to be higher than previous Smash titles. Bayonetta is DLC, so she didn't change Smash 4's rating. But she would surely make Smash 5 the same rating as Brawl.

The ESRB isn't like the MPAA, the don't increase ratings because of refrences to higher rated titles, Snake got the rating raised due to tobacco refrences because his taunt was him smoking a cigarette. 

Edited by Captain Karnage

3 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

The ESRB isn't like the MPAA, the don't increase ratings because of refrences to higher rated titles, Snake got the rating raised due to tobacco refreshes because his taunt was him smoking a cigarette. 

And Bayonetta is walking fanservice. She's a sexual character with sexual movements from what I've seen of her in her own games. And sexual content gets the rating raised too.

Edited by Anacybele

Hell no! My boy Cloud ain't going ANYWHERE! I'm gonna Omnislash everyone with him! XP

Though I do think that Bayonetta at the very least needs to get her Final Smash skill nerfed. Like, lose the guaranteed KO at above 100%. Even Marth and Lucina's Final Smash isn't that OP. Bayonetta is used to stack damage on you, and her Final Smash deals hefty damage and has good range too. So that needs to go. 

That's an M-rated game though,

Nintendo doesn't actually give a damn about M-rated games being on their consoles anymore. I mean, fucking Doom is on the Switch. 

Anyway, Smash 4 newcomers that have a high likely chance of returning and my reasonings

• Duck Hunt: Duck Hunt falls into the retro character category and aside from Ice Climbers, none of them have ever been cut. And even then, Ice Climbers was only cut because of the 3DS.
  • Palutena and Dark Pit: *laughs in Sakurai bias*
  • Shulk: Xenoblade's been on a steady rise in popularity lately and Shulk being in Smash is the main reason why anyone even knows of the series in the first place. Yes, Operation Rainfall was a thing but Xenoblade was still obscure as fuck pre-Smash 4. 
  • Bayonetta: Bayonetta's basically an unofficial Nintendo character at this point, with both Bayonetta 2 and 3 being Switch exclusives.
  • Mega Man: It's fucking Mega Man, also Mega Man 11 soon.
  • Pac-Man: It's fucking Pac-Man, also, there was a really big emphasis on Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man being in the same game in Smash 4.
  • Greninja: Pokemon
  • Robin: Was literally chosen instead of Chrom because of uniqueness
  • Ryu: He was DLC. Actually, all of the DLC characters except Cloud have a pretty good chance of returning, more on that later.
  • Villager: Who the fuck will represent Animal Crossing if he gets cut?
  • Wii Fit Trainer: Who will represent Wii Fit if she's gone?
  • Bowser Jr.: Mario rep.
  • Little Mac: Went from Assist to Playable.
  • Miis: Just the fact that they are Miis, honestly.

Smash 4 newcomers that may or may not get cut

• Corrin: He was just there to advertise a game that hadn't come out yet but so was Roy and he came back.
  • Lucina: She's a clone but she's also a major contributor to FE's popularity.

Smash 4 newcomers that are totally getting cut.

• Cloud: Square Enix is one stubborn son of a bitch. Every DLC character represents their franchise nicely but Cloud literally just came with two songs, a stage, and three trophies (two in Smash 4 3DS) of himself and that's it. He's Square Enix's most recognizable character and he got almost nothing. They couldn't even get his English VA. 
10 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Though I do think that Bayonetta at the very least needs to get her Final Smash skill nerfed. Like, lose the guaranteed KO at above 100%. Even Marth and Lucina's Final Smash isn't that OP. Bayonetta is used to stack damage on you, and her Final Smash deals hefty damage and has good range too. So that needs to go. 

Buddy, Critical Hit (not Roy's) is one of the most powerful Final Smashes in the game. KOs at 0%. There's no surviving it unless you pull off a super masterful tech. Bayonetta's Final Smash isn't as OP, because it doesn't kill at 0%.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Buddy, Critical Hit (not Roy's) is one of the most powerful Final Smashes in the game. KOs at 0%. There's no surviving it unless you pull off a super masterful tech. Bayonetta's Final Smash isn't as OP, because it doesn't kill at 0%.

I actually felt that in Marth and Lucina's case, it's relatively easy to dodge since you merely have to keep out of their line of sight. Hell, I killed many Marths by making them self destruct with that attack. Though true, in the end, unless you have terrain to keep you from blasting off, Marth and Lucina's Final Smash is arguably the strongest.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nintendo doesn't actually give a damn about M-rated games being on their consoles anymore. I mean, fucking Doom is on the Switch. 

I never said anything about M-rated games not being allowed on Nintendo consoles. Duh, those games are on the Switch. I mean that they don't like that content in Smash because Smash is supposed to be family friendly.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I never said anything about M-rated games not being allowed on Nintendo consoles. Duh, those games are on the Switch. I mean that they don't like that content in Smash because Smash is supposed to be family friendly.

Well, keep in mind that family friendly means there will be stuff for the parents, aka adults. I think the term you may be looking for that is kid friendly, not family friendly, assuming it does apply for Smash.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You know, this makes me think I would like to see the Dragonborn as a potential Third-Party character now for this new Smash.

---

Anyway, for my thoughts on the matter... I think most character are safe-ish. I think about the only ones that could be actually cut may be the likes of Cloud. Also Lucina, but she's likely to remain in the game, as an alt skin for Marth, like how she was suppose to be at first. Outside of that... hmm...

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, keep in mind that family friendly means there will be stuff for the parents, aka adults. I think the term you may be looking for that is kid friendly, not family friendly, assuming it does apply for Smash.

Okay, then I mean kid friendly. xP

I think the anti-Bayonetta talk is a little early. For the 'sequel' to the first game that had a popularity ballot to determine who gets added as a fighter, they cut the winner? Huum.

I think the only ones at risk of being cut are the Fire Emblem crew. I sort of wonder if they're gonna keep cycling through the new characters, meaning Ike and Roy would get replaced. Marth is a series icon, Roy is a Marth clone who faced the chopping block once already, Ike might be kept due to his fighting style, but I could see him getting dumped for someone else using a heavy sword, if they keep cycling. Robin is the face of what saved the franchise, Lucina is the poster girl, Corrin is unique but was only added for advertisement.

I think for the franchise as a whole the best thing would be to add Lyn (she's basically the West's Marth), dump Corrin in favour of Celica, declone Lucina or turn her into a Marth skin and add the main lord of FE16, giving us;
Marth/Lucina
Roy?
Lyn 
Ike
Robin 
Celica
FE16 Protag.
Then all aspects of Fire Emblem are covered, old, slightly old and modern, and only cutting Corrin and maybe Roy.

Edited by Noir

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Is it meant to be kid friendly, though?

Anyway, from my understanding, Bayonetta for Smash 4 was already tweaked to be more kid friendly. I don't see why that can't be mantained if she returns. One thing to keep in mind, is that sometimes, you can have something kid friendly by being something most kids wouldn't even notice or undestand. That's usually how many parental bonuses work, and not just those related to sexual stuff.

If you had me making the choices it would be an apocalypse. Bloated roster means a lot of development time spent play testing, rebalancing, and accomodating everybody in all the new modes I'd want to make. I would cut that roster in half if it meant we could re-add them post release as free updates to a finished product. The development priority should be on new characters and modes. Imagine struggling to meet deadlines because you still haven't put Wii Fit Trainer in the game. Just, ugh.

• Spoiler

• Luigi: See I'd keep you if not for Luigi's Mansion getting a top-down remake for the Nintendo 3DS. Not ready to make the Switch? Not ready for Smash.
    • Rosalina and Luma: Luma became a planet and can't fight in Smash right now. 
    • Bowser Jr: Not invited to the wedding? Not invited to Smash. Sorry kids.
    • Wario: Never liked this guy's moveset. Wario Land and Warioware are both cool games. Let's reference neither of them outside of his clothes? Come on.
    • Mr. Game & Watch: Game and who?
    • Little Mac: You are actually one of my favorite nintendo franchises but they won't make a new one. And aren't you canonically retired, Mac?
    • Sheik: You've been in more Smash Bros. games than Zelda games. Out you go.
    • Toon Link: More like Goon Link. I want Zelda to have more newcomers than any other series, and I'm ready to cut the chaff.
    • Ganondorf: Captain Falcon doesn't need a sort-of clone. I will take any other Zelda villain over this character concept. Namely Pig Ganon with a trident.
    • Zero Suit Samus: The entire concept of Zero Suit Samus is that she's extremely vulnerable without the suit. You can't portray that in a balanced fighting game. And how many poser Metroid fans have played either of two games she's in? Cut!
    • Marth: Marth has been the face of Smash far more than he's ever been the face of his own series. And among human nerds wielding swords, his moveset is the most egregiously dull. 
    • Ike: Ike just disappears at the end of Radiant Dawn. I'm afraid the same must happen after Smash 4.
    • Duck Hunt: Nintendo won't answer my calls about making the Switch the ultimate rail shooter system. So the dog can't stay.
    • Falco: I guess I should be thankful StarFox is still getting games, but Wolf deserves this spot more. Put more villains in Smash!
    • Charizard: He's training at the Char-cific valley.
    • Lucario: I hate a gameplay mechanic that rewards you for doing poorly in a fighting game. I'm not 100% onboard with cutting Rage, but I am onboard with cutting you.
    • ROB: Toys with game systems? Labo deserves this spot more than ROB. Sorry bud.
    • Wii Fit Trainer: I'd only consider keeping her if Solaire got in.
    • Shulk: No HD Remake on Switch? No chance, you nerd.
    • Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina: Cut, cut, and cut.
    • All 7 DLC characters: byeeee. Oh, sorry Bayonetta. You're the best of these but you gotta go.

Bam, 50% of the Smash 4 roster cut. Our development schedule for the next six months just opened up. 

The few characters I'm not okay with cutting:

• Robin. See, he's the only Fire Emblem character that references his series through gameplay. Plus he's from the most common "first fire Emblem game" besides I guess Heroes. Let the kid stay.
  • Miis. I know these guys have fallen in relevance. You can make miis on your switch, but they're not used in any game that I'm aware of. Still, custom characters are a cool concept. Just don't have the Mii's proportions affect their speed stats, weight, or damage. Or if you want to do it, then have a way to tweak mii proportions in the Smash Bros. game itself. I shouldn't have to exit Smash Bros. to tweak my character.
  • Jigglypuff. The original 12 stay. And she's a unique character gameplay wise.
  • Captain Falcon. Super Smash Bros. has become Captain Falcon's actual franchise. I truly don't care if there's never another F-Zero game or not. And the removal of ganondorf will help justify this guy's inclusion.

41 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

37 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ok, so i guess we can't have FE and Xenoblade characters in Smash anymore because neither of those franchises are kid friendly. Lucas should be cut too then because Mother 3 could get dark.

20 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Anyway, from my understanding, Bayonetta for Smash 4 was already tweaked to be more kid friendly. I don't see why that can't be mantained if she returns. One thing to keep in mind, is that sometimes, you can have something kid friendly by being something most kids wouldn't even notice or undestand. That's usually how many parental bonuses work, and not just those related to sexual stuff.

This. This so much. Bayonetta was tweaked to keep an E10+ rating but she still remained faithful to her games. The "Bayonetta is too sexual to be in Smash" argument became invalid the moment she got in.

I made a post about this awhile ago, before this game was announced.

Spoiler
  • Everyone who made the jump from Melee to Brawl, and Brawl to Wii U/3DS, is probably safe. Jigglypuff was almost cut three times now, but she's also easily added so she's probably safe too.
  • Villager is from Animal Crossing, one of Nintendo's biggest series, definitely safe.
  • Rosalina and Bowser Jr. are both popular characters from a popular series, so they're both relatively safe. Jr. is probably less safe on account of being somewhat less popular and barely making it into Smash 4 to begin with.
  • Greninja was highly promoted in the anime and during Gen VI in general and is still quite popular, so probably safe. Is in a very similar position to how Lucario was during Smash 4's prerelease.
  • Robin and Corrin are unusual in that having one of them is very likely, but having both is less so. Awakening and Fates are both popular games and they're both unique so they both have qualifications, but Robin is slightly more likely since their game is the one that made Fire Emblem popular.
  • Kid Icarus hasn't gotten anything since Uprising, but it's still popular enough to warrant having two characters, so Palutena is safe.
  • Likewise, Punch-Out!! hasn't received anything since the Wii game, but it and Little Mac are still well known popular enough to be safe.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles is still going strong, and while it may not get any new characters, Shulk will stay due to being the first protagonist (like Marth).
  • Duck Hunt is a video game icon for better or worse and being old doesn't matter since they're already retro, so probably safe.
  • Of Smash 4's newcomers, Wii Fit Trainer is probably in the most danger, being that the Wii series seems to be over and that she was added partially for the novelty of being unexpected.
  • The third party characters are all popular and have valid reasons to stay, so mostly it depends on the whims of their respective companies (and none of those companies would say no to keeping their characters in Smash).
  • The clones are special in that they're "extras" added at the end of development, so we can't really predict anything for them. Dark Pit and Lucina could be decloned too (and IS will push for the latter, most likely), but again it's hard to tell.
  • Aside from the above, Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy, being that they didn't make it into Smash 4's base game to begin with, could be cut again.
  • Also, the Ice Climbers could return if the console can handle them.
  • Note that this is all based on the amount of development time, so "unsafe" characters can stay and even "safe" characters can still be cut.

Of course it's usually not "so-and-so will be removed and so-and-so will come back," and no one aside from Pichu was cut on purpose. Instead it's based on how low priority the characters are. For the cuts from Brawl to 3DS/Wii U: 

• Ice Climbers were cut for technical reasons
  • Ivysaur and Squirtle was package deals with Pokémon Trainer
  • Lucas and Wolf were from dormant series (and thus were low priority)
  • We don't know why Snake didn't come back

I don't see Cloud getting cut because, despite not getting much FF content, Nomura was enthusiastic about his inclusion and SE apparently wasn't very controlling when it came to adding him. Just include One Winged Angel this time.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ok, so i guess we can't have FE and Xenoblade characters in Smash anymore because neither of those franchises are kid friendly. Lucas should be cut too then because Mother 3 could get dark.

You know I meant more adult themes such as blood, drugs, and sexual stuff. And even if the original games DO have those things in some way, if the character can be inserted into Smash without bringing any of those in, that's fine too. But no matter what, I feel Bayonetta looks sexualized and moves about in sexual ways even in Smash as is. She doesn't seem like she can be incorporated into a game like Smash without taking those away.

31 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is it meant to be kid friendly, though?

Of course. Lots of kids play this game. I went to a GameStop to check out a tourney once and most of the people playing there were kids, or at least people 13-14 and under. So I think it can be assumed that a good portion of Smash players are kids.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Of course. Lots of kids play this game. I went to a GameStop to check out a tourney once and most of the people playing there were kids, or at least people 13-14 and under. So I think it can be assumed that a good portion of Smash players are kids.

Just because people of a certain demographic sample a product, doesn't mean they were the target demographic in the first place. But that's a process that can go both ways. Having a significant kid crowd doesn't mean the teen and adult crowds no longer exist, or that Smash wasn't catering to all groups in the first place. Having kids playing it just means they will also cater to them as they show they're a viable market. But since that is not going to exclude the other age groups, then it means the product will simply be appealing all at once, not just focus on one.

Besides, just how much % does the kid crowd actually is? If it's not as close to 50%, then you can't say they're the main demographic.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just because people of a certain demographic sample a product, doesn't mean they were the target demographic in the first place. But that's a process that can go both ways. Having a significant kid crowd doesn't mean the teen and adult crowds no longer exist, or that Smash wasn't catering to all groups in the first place. Having kids playing it just means they will also cater to them as they show they're a viable market. But since that is not going to exclude the other age groups, then it means the product will simply be appealing all at once, not just focus on one.

Besides, just how much % does the kid crowd actually is? If it's not as close to 50%, then you can't say they're the main demographic.

Well, yeah, I suppose so.

I don't think Bayonetta will be cut since she won the fan ballot, if they cut her a lot of people will be mad all over the world since she won world wide.

I think all the clones should be skins and not take up a character slot.  Honestly the only FE characters I think will stay are Marth (hopefully with a Lucina skin to make fans happy), Ike and Robin, Corrin may or may not stay and I do not expect Roy to stay.  I figure that the main lord of FE 16 will be in to show them off.  I think most characters are staying, but I don't think Snake or Cloud will be coming back.

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You know I meant more adult themes such as blood, drugs, and sexual stuff. 

FE and Xenoblade are no stranger to adult themes like that. None of it ever gets into M-rated material but it's also stuff that isn't safe for kids either. Again, more mature games can have a place in Smash.

34 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But no matter what, I feel Bayonetta looks sexualized and moves about in sexual ways even in Smash as is. She doesn't seem like she can be incorporated into a game like Smash without taking those away.

BAYONETTA'S VERY EXISTENCE IN SMASH JUST PROVES YOU WRONG THO

Yeah, Bayonetta's a bit sexualized in Smash. You know who else is? Zero Suit Samus. Not as much as Bayo but still sexualized regardless. Should she be gone as well?

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

BAYONETTA'S VERY EXISTENCE IN SMASH JUST PROVES YOU WRONG THO

Yeah, Bayonetta's a bit sexualized in Smash. You know who else is? Zero Suit Samus. Not as much as Bayo but still sexualized regardless. Should she be gone as well?

Yeah, and like I said in that very post, she still looks sexualized there. And you just answered your own question. ZSS isn't as sexualized.

Edited by Anacybele