Who will come back and who will get cut?

Gregster101

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I found out today the current cover art(which may or may not be a placeholder, I don't know, it was just on the list of upcoming games at GameStop) claims 100+ Fighters, meaning…

…We may actually get 0 cuts. This blows my mind. Assuming Square Enix doesn't decide to be stupid and take Cloud back, anyways. And assuming the claim is true.

5 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

So I found out today the current cover art(which may or may not be a placeholder, I don't know, it was just on the list of upcoming games at GameStop) claims 100+ Fighters, meaning…

…We may actually get 0 cuts. This blows my mind. Assuming Square Enix doesn't decide to be stupid and take Cloud back, anyways. And assuming the claim is true.

That cover art is definitely a placeholder. Don't believe it until we see actual evidence. Placeholder covers and titles is one of the weakest types of leaks out there.

Just now, Armagon said:

That cover art is definitely a placeholder. Don't believe it until we see actual evidence. Placeholder covers and titles is one of the weakest types of leaks out there.

Oh, I don't believe it, but I also would rather entertain the idea as a possibility, albeit a ridiculous one, than dismiss it outright. We'll see what reveals they have in store for us, I suppose...

3 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Oh, I don't believe it, but I also would rather entertain the idea as a possibility, albeit a ridiculous one, than dismiss it outright. We'll see what reveals they have in store for us, I suppose...

I mean, it definitely is something for speculating and having 100+ characters in Smash could be a great imo but at the same time, the Rayman leak a few years ago killed my ability to believe any leaks without undeniable evidence.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

What are you talking about?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I mean, it definitely is something for speculating and having 100+ characters in Smash could be a great imo but at the same time, the Rayman leak a few years ago killed my ability to believe any leaks without undeniable evidence.

Yeah, I was a touch bothered by that too, though I never played his games. I remember laughing at the leak at first and saying it was BS because they wouldn't be willing to make an Amiibo of him work only to feel bad for all the players who vehemently defended him to me once it came out to be fake. Not a nice thing to do to a fanbase, for sure.

Tangent, but this just occurred to me. I wonder if Sakurai decided to make part of the next roster be based on the Smash Ballot results - having the entire world vote on just one character, knowing so many players would be putting tons of hopes and dreams on the line here(which is their fault if you ask me but I voted for Artix so whatever)? Doesn't make a bunch of sense, though that may just be me. If, on the other hand, he really is done with Smash, but wants to go out with a bang, then asking the world what they'd like to see for the finale, arguably his ultimate work, and pull in characters from high up in the ballot results that he could feasibly make movesets for…that seems kind of believable, right?

1 minute ago, Florete said:

What are you talking about?

I was at GameStop, and the GameStop I go to has a little mousepad-type thing where they have a list of upcoming titles in case anyone is interested in checking out what's coming up so they can convince them to buy a pre-order, and there was a cover art for 5mash with 'battle it out as 100+ fighters!' inscribed, so I was wondering - if that were true - if we would have 0 cuts from Sm4sh to 5mash. Obviously we don't know for certain, and it's kind of unrealistic, especially if Sakurai is still putting these character movesets together himself, but it's nice to think about, at least for me.

Doing a quick look at the Smash Wiki tier lists, there are 58 characters in Smash 4. Brawl had 38, 26 Melee, and 12 in 64. Even with paid DLC, 4 added only 20 chars, there is no way they can boost it to 100+ in one new game, that would mean nearly doubling the already huge roster.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I don't like thinking of that. They shouldn't cut characters. And with every dlc we had, it's safe to say cuts won't happen again. Every cut characters that haven't made their comeback are still wanted. Even Pichu! 

The only characters who could never return are those who were guests.  

But some guests are going to stay, smash is very popular and because of this, it helps every series who are in it. 

Snake should return if Konami aren't fools, but well, he is the only one who isn't likely to come back. 

I'd be happy with a 100+ roster, that means room for more Zelda reps which in my opinion is sorely needed and deserved. And for FE fans, that increases the likelihood of my class slot idea which would see dozens of FE characters make it in as costume alternates.

Heck, now I want to make a dream roster of 100. Maybe I'll make a topic about it when I get back from work today, assuming someone else doesn't beat me to the punch.

• 4 weeks later...

I don’t intend to get a Switch, but I would like it if they kept Lucina the same (she’s the character I’m best with). Making her a separate skin for Marth would suck because I think they toned down Marth from Melee.

i like playing as the Ice Climbers, so it will be good to see them again.

Also, I hope they bring in Geno from Super Mario RPG. I know that if he’s included at all, he will just be an assist trophy. I absolutely loathe Mario; but a quick rewrite of that game’s script could make it all about Geno.