March's Legendary Hero - F!Robin: Fell Vessel, Flying Colorless Dragon (March 29 ~ April 3)

Coolmanio

just in case it's helpful for anyone, my infernal team was arvis, brave ike with swap and QR seal, PAzura (+1), and klein, all 5*. nothing too unusual in terms of skill inheritance or seals, but the last tricky thing was getting it so that arvis could take a hit from fgrima, which required lining him up exactly right to debuff her, and also having hone and spur def bonuses. if you get his def high enough and fgrima's low enough it works out. feel free to PM me if you need more details.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hilda @Ginko @eclipse @Rafiel's Aria @mampfoid @Johann @Fei Mao @NegativeExponents- @mcsilas@Quintessence @Nosmur @DefaultBeep @Cute Chao @Rezzy @Alexmender @DarkLordIvy @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy and what the heck, just this once @Ice Dragon , @XRay and @Infinite Dreams .

This is one of the best showcases of my team since Valter and Takumi. What this map makes me love about my team is how absolutely perfect their synergy is. Every unit has a role they fulfill but also a role they can fill if they need to. And this map forced them to use every single tool they had at their disposal. Genny's capability to tank and attack as well as healing. Ayra's potential as a mixed phase unit, Inigo's dancing ability but potential as a ranged unit. Matt is usually the star of the run but for this one he was simply a leader. He tanked like he always does but where he really shined here was his ability to create a force field around his team with his buffs.

It took one or two stamina potions, the difficulty brought back shades of Valter and Takumi and probably would have been as difficult as they were but my Matthew is not what he once was. Still the key to winning wasn't nuking every unit as fast as possible but to make sure that my team could survive enemy phase. Matt's biggest role is that of a unit that makes your team incredibly hard to kill and that's never been more apparent. For seals, Genny needed the ATK+3 seal to kill the armor and Ayra needed the Close DEF 3 seal to survive the flier gauntlet.

I hope you enjoy this run as much as I enjoyed doing it. This map brought out the very best in my team. I hope they do more of these for future legendary banners. Was a difficulty spike I never would have seen coming. Cheers~

Edited by Zeo

@Zeo Well, this one got interesting. Matthew sure likes a big bunch of enemies around him. He eats Grimas Bonfire like a boss and doesn't even need two rounds to kill her, nice! I think your team is ready for nearly anything, well done once again and congratulations! 

Yaaayyyyy!! I did it! Have enemy units ever gotten refinements to their weapons before? Because I feel like this is the first time it has happened.

That Troubadour made me panic a bit but it ended up not being that bad. I had many difficulties trying to figure out how to even make it past the first round alive. Turns out divide and conquer was a bad idea. Had to keep everyone relatively close to each other and play cautiously. Everyone did their best and I honestly don't know if I could've substituted anyone.

Vector ditched Distant Counter because Hammers are annoying. Wasn't that big of a loss seeing as there were very few ranged units. Tharja's +def/-atk nature came through. Any less bulk and she would have been skewered. Glad I impulsively gave L'Arachel miracle, being able to survive OHKOs has proven more useful than Draconic Aura. The fact that Serra can actually take a beating and dish out some punishment of her own never ceases to amaze me.

I was initially gonna bring in Alm instead of Tharja to deal with Grima but he can't even kill the Axe Wyvern :sob:

@Zeo I'm sorry but did your Matt just one-round Grima, the possibly most powerful villain that can only be killed by itself? Where's the game when Matthew just quits working as a spy and decides to become a dark overlord instead? That was definitely one your most interesting videos and agreed on that difficulty spike. I think this has given me more of a challenge than any previous GHB or BHB, which is good. Oh and is that Gronnraven new? I think I've only seen Inigo with his forged Dancer Ring before.

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Hilda @Ginko @eclipse @Rafiel's Aria @mampfoid @Johann @Fei Mao @NegativeExponents- @mcsilas@Quintessence @Nosmur @DefaultBeep @Cute Chao @Rezzy @Alexmender @DarkLordIvy @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy and what the heck, just this once @Ice Dragon , @XRay and @Infinite Dreams .

[Snip]

I hope you enjoy this run as much as I enjoyed doing it. This map brought out the very best in my team. I hope they do more of these for future legendary banners. Was a difficulty spike I never would have seen coming. Cheers~

It was a lot of fun to watch your strategy.  You're a master at using those debuffs!  :]  Also, your Matthew is beautiful.  I didn't realize he had such high defense.  :):  (Wow, and he's not even +10 yet!)  I always like to see Inigo too, hehe!  Thank you for the tag!

@Zeo  - That's poetry in motion. Absolutely beautiful stuff. Matthew was amazing as always. He has nowhere to go but up. However, as I was watching, I feel like Genny almost stole the show. She's easily one of my favorite characters in Heroes. She has some of the most gorgeous art. She's a good healer and has a great base kit, but I find myself almost never using her because I've got my Lucius bias. But her tanking and Gravity shenanigans were fabulous. I did actually try to use her for a bit during my clear but returned to Lucius. XD 

I'm impressed though. Anyone who says, "This is impossible to clear" probably needs to get a look at your videos since you've basically managed to clear all these crazy impossible maps with the same teams. People could probably do a similar thing (pick a favorite unit, trick them out, and build a team around them) and find success. Bravo.

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

This is one of the best showcases of my team since Valter and Takumi. What this map makes me love about my team is how absolutely perfect their synergy is. Every unit has a role they fulfill but also a role they can fill if they need to. And this map forced them to use every single tool they had at their disposal. Genny's capability to tank and attack as well as healing. Ayra's potential as a mixed phase unit, Inigo's dancing ability but potential as a ranged unit. Matt is usually the star of the run but for this one he was simply a leader. He tanked like he always does but where he really shined here was his ability to create a force field around his team with his buffs.

It took one or two stamina potions, the difficulty brought back shades of Valter and Takumi and probably would have been as difficult as they were but my Matthew is not what he once was. Still the key to winning wasn't nuking every unit as fast as possible but to make sure that my team could survive enemy phase. Matt's biggest role is that of a unit that makes your team incredibly hard to kill and that's never been more apparent. For seals, Genny needed the ATK+3 seal to kill the armor and Ayra needed the Close DEF 3 seal to survive the flier gauntlet.

That is pretty sick. I am impressed by Matthew and Genny.

@Zeo Wow, just wow! That clear was incredible! Your Matthew is super cool and I also noticed how your Genny has the same nature as mine (I never thought of giving her something like Speed+3 but looking at this it really shows how effective it can be). 

3 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

@mampfoid Found this one turn clear. Thought you might be interested.

Hide contents

Nice, she doesn't even need EP like I did (I didn't have effective weapons though). Thank you! 

Caeda is a good recipient for Galeforce, also mine is going to get it sooner or later (with my 8th or 9th next Cordelia). First I want to +10 Cordelia (currently +6) and give GF to a blue Cav (most likely +SPD Oscar) and a green Cav (perhaps +SPD Titania). My current red GF flier is Elincia, you can see her in a one-turn clear I did yesterday for Lloyd's GHB (even if she didn't need to proc GF), if you are interested:

6 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Yaaayyyyy!! I did it! Have enemy units ever gotten refinements to their weapons before? Because I feel like this is the first time it has happened.

I saw that too! It was about time, they are Infernal opponents after all. 

Very nice clear btw! You had some close calls in there, everyone went to 1 digit HP at least once. Interesting use of Miracle on Rachel, also I was wondering how you would keep Hector out of of reach of that horse mage once he spawned. 

My Tharja is -ATK as well, but she worked so well in the infernal GHB missions. 

/Edit: sorry for the double post, it's too early in the morning and I had too many tabs open. 

Edited by mampfoid

9 hours ago, Zeo said:

This is one of the best showcases of my team

I'll say, amazing job! As I was doing this fight myself I wondered how you were gonna handle it and I'm glad you pulled it off with your core group.

@Zeo It's great how Matthew's Rogue Dagger effect still takes place even when hit by a Dazzling Staff effect.

@mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @Cute Chao @Vaximillian (maybe @Anacybele? since it features Frederick as a key player and me loving how great he is in here?)

Anywho, here is my all-cavalry clear, featuring a very fitting Chrom and Frederick duo. I mean I guess cavalry clears aren't as exciting as other clears, but I just find it funny I beat with a semi-Awakening theme team if Chrom/Frederick and I managed to figure out a way to push through the anti-cavalry weapons.

In fact, it's neat how both Chrom and Frederick are the key players in this video. Sure Reinhardt and Brave Lyn are powerful with their ranged attacks, but if it wasn't for the dorky duo Chrom and Frederick's facetanking (shoutout to Distant Def SS playing a key role), then I would have had even more trouble taking this map down. This took a while to get right, and I was being stubborn by just doing an all cavalry clear since I was in an all cavalry mood after doing some GHB clears during the week.

Some other tidbits (since I'ma  youtube newb and can't figure out how to add annotations on the video):

-Heavy Blade Aether is great. Awesome combo with Horse Chrom.

- 2:14 was where I was getting stuck a lot because of the anti-cavalry weapons. After much trial and error, I found out a combo of Chrom and Reinhardt could take down the flier (bless Chrom's physical bulk with Sealed Falchion and Fury). On the other side, Frederick and Lyn ended up taking down the red mage, which left Frederick vulnerable to the troubador and the bow knight. This is where Distant Def SS came in, as this ensures he has enough health for the very close tanking sessions in in the next few turns.

- 4:30 - Bless Frederick's Brave Axe. The blue manakete would've been big trouble if I couldn't delete the dragon fast.

- 4:46 - I forgot to emphasise Brave Lyn's Savage Blow SS. Level 1 deals just enough damage for Horse Chrom to finish Robin off (damage calc at 5:59)

- ....but as you can I wan't to be different. As fitting as Chrom using the Falchion to finish Grima off, I let Frederick finish off the final boss instead because he was the key unit in this map.   Charging up Bonfire at 5:18 was important so he can just ORKO Robin with a Bonfire proc. Otherwise, yes I coulud have just let Chrom take the win, but good ol' Freddy bear deserved the crowning moment of awesome, especially after easily deleting the blue manakete earlier on.

------

I'm slightly regretting not trying for Horse Chrom in my main account, but I did managed to finally beat it using Galeforce Siegbert, his aunt Elise, Brave Lyn and Frederick. In fact I beat it two ways, but...I forgot the exact turns so trying to recreate it in video format right now is a bit annoying (the second way to clear it was accidental and managed to use Elise's Miracle with Frederick's Wings of Mercy although my first clear didn't use that combo). It's too bad my computer suddenly ran out of memory so I lost that accidental clear :(

Not sure if anyone's interested in me recreating that clear if I can figure out how I did it. If I managed to remember how I did it (or find another way of clearing it), I might try and upload it, I already used up a lot of stamina potions so I'm taking a break right now.

Edited by mcsilas

@mcsilas

I used a guide since I still have a hatred for reinforcement maps and just couldn't be bothered to work it out, so any clear is exciting compared to mine :D Great to see Frederick and Helpful Chrom hard at work ^.^ Reinhardt is always a winner, too. CYL Lyn played a key role in my clear, despite mine being -Spd. That -Spd will forever haunt me -.-

@Zeo

Your Matthew continues to amaze :D

@Zeo @mcsilas A bit late and long time no see. Great job to both of you. Here is my playthrough. Hope you guys enjoy.

Zeo's Matthew still impress me everytime. Silas's Freddy too, very tanky and deadly at the same time.

Edited by Ginko

@mampfoid The oneshot on Grima surprised even me. I knew Ignis would hurt but... well to put it this way, had he been +ATK he wouldn't have even needed the 2nd hit.

@NegativeExponents- Being a dark overlord is cool and everything but he's more of a "behind the scenes" kinda guy (lol). I actually really enjoyed your clear as well! The SS Support on Serra made me smile as she's actually my healer of choice to *5 +10 and her kit you have equipped is fantastic. She is surprisingly tanky like Genny also. I've never watched anyone use W!Tharja either, your team is pretty cool. I like the fact that they take advantage of tactics skills. Mixed teams are something I've never been good at crafting. Also yeah I gave Inigo a Raven tome back during the Takumi GHB, but he didn't end up needing it. He needed it here though. I knew that 20k feathers was going to be an investment well spent later on, turns out I was right.

@Infinite Dreams Thanks! I don't usually tag you for my team clears, but this was one was a gem so I went all out. Matthew usually has the SPD refinement on his Rogue Dagger+, but for this one I needed the extra kick so he's running the DEF refine. He's got 3 more merges to go but those stat jumps will be huge since he likes every single one of his stats. I'm hoping he's my first +10 if the game is kind to me and gives me 3 more before I get 4 more Ninos.

@Rafiel's Aria It's funny actually. Looking back at this run everyone played a pivotal role and it couldn't have been done without each unit's involvement, but watching it again Genny was something of a breakout star. Scoring kills like a normal combat unit, tanking like a champ without even activating Miracle and then healing at the end. No other unit I have could have done what she did. It was pretty amazing. Matthew gave buffs that allowed each unit to survive battles that would have otherwise killed them, Ayra was primarily an EP unit despite typically being a PP unit, Inigo utilized his Raven tome to help score a crucial kill despite primarily being a dancer and Genny did pretty much everything she was capable of doing. The team has perfect synergy. This is exactly why when I build Serra up she will be made in Genny's image from the Gravity Staff to the Wrathful/Dazzling combo.

And yeah, this team is almost ready to deal with just about anything. Meta is fine, but everyone should have that *one* team they can call their main with a favorite, that unit they have more fun using than any other. It really does improve the QoL in this game. I'm having more fun with this game than I've ever had before thanks to Matthew.

@XRay Obviously there's favoritism, but the first half of my videos Matthew was +4 and didn't have SS. The build I have for him (or CC/Wind|WaterSweep) is the biggest reason why I can't possibly understand how post-refinery Matthew is held at the very bottom of every tier list along with Jakob and Odin. Even without SS he's a great mixed tank.

@Alexmender Her nature makes her shockingly bulky with Matt's buffs+debuffs. She's survived a Brave Axe assault before as an example. And yeah, the thing about Genny is that she hits so hard that some of the bulkier low res units like armors can be completely melted by her, provided she can double. With SPD+3, hones and supports she can reach a ceiling of 34 SPD on my team, which may not seem like much, but then you factor in slower units and that 2 of my units run Threaten SPD and she tends to double often.

@Johann With every merge I get on Matthew, these maps become easier and easier. I was concerned about the Maria & Minerva BHB that's coming tomorrow but at this point I'm no longer concerned. I'm patiently waiting Berkut, Clarisse and Legion to come back to challenge Matt & Co. Berkut I think will be the hardest challenge left unbeaten.

@mcsilas I don't really watch cavalry clears anymore but Chrom made that a treat. Rein and Lyn do what they do but Chrom and his liege definitely made this a treat to watch. Frederick tanking ranged attacks definitely took me back more than anything but seeing him destroy that dragon was probably the most satisfying part of the video. Also makes me wish I had a Chrom. I wouldn't trade him for my M!Morgan though. Oh yeah and that's ATK Smoke that triggered when Matt was attacked. Smoke skills activate regardless, but for his weapon buffs to take effect Matt has to attack. This is why Close Counter is far and away his best A Skill and why it's a really good option on Sothe and M!Morgan too.

@Ginko and @Cute Chao Thanks as always. Great clear as well. Kind of want a Shiro even though I'm building a Lukas.

@mcsilas Nice, cool you made Chrom and Frederick work on that one. I'm a little envious of your Chrom, I also would run him with Freddy, somehow they belong together. Reinhardt didn't need QP it seems, but I also don't know which seal would have made effect to your run. Looking forward to see more of Chrom and Freddy. 

@Zeo Nice run, glad you found a way to clear this challenging map with your team.

It took a while to get this right but it was fun and difficult. Team in spoiler box below

Spoiler

Felicia+10

Neutral
Plate
Drag Back
Death Blow
Desperation
Speed Smoke
Distant Def Seal

Maria +1

Slaying Edge (DEF)
Swap
Bonfire
Fury
Sword Breaker
Infantry Pulse
Close Def Seal

Olivia

Hone ATK
Hone DEF Seal

Anna

Noatun
Swap
Astra
Triangle Adept
Lance Breaker
Hone ATK
Hone RES

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@mcsilas Nice, cool you made Chrom and Frederick work on that one. I'm a little envious of your Chrom, I also would run him with Freddy, somehow they belong together. Reinhardt didn't need QP it seems, but I also don't know which seal would have made effect to your run. Looking forward to see more of Chrom and Freddy. 

Yeah I think in the end it didn't matter. I don't think Reinhardt used Lancebreaker in this clear either, it was mostly from my early attempts when Reinhardt would attack the lance cavalier instead of Lyn. 

But yeah Frederick is a MVP here. He's not even +Def! Just +Atk/-Res (I mean sure he had full cav buffs in that chokepoint on the right), but even then in the early turns, him Repositioning Lyn behind him was a key move that took me a while to figure out.

Oh that reminds me, I forgot to post the natures. Chrom is +HP/-Spd, Frederick is +Atk/-Res, Reinhardt is +Spd/-HP with +1 merge and Brave Lyn is neutral.

@Zeo Move over Chrom, Frederick is the new Dragonslayer in this town! ...as long as the Dragon isn't Red. Yeah a cavalry clear probably isn't the most creative but I'm just so proud I (stubbornly) managed this one without looking at a guide. And it's more satisfying when it's against forces that have anti-cavalry weapons. I guess it's also because all cavalry clears means you don't have a dancer.

Fielding Chrom and Frederick together was an accident (i needed a good melee green unit and Xander wasn't cutting it for the red cav role in this map). Now that I think about it, the current all cavalry clears that I recorded for the GHB quests have thematic duos as well. 

@Ginko Nice! Your Shiro looks so good. I can't wait to get an extra B!Ike so I can give my Shiro Aether and SB.

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo It's great how Matthew's Rogue Dagger effect still takes place even when hit by a Dazzling Staff effect.

@mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @Cute Chao (maybe @Anacybele? since it features Frederick as a key player and me loving how great he is in here?)

Anywho, here is my all-cavalry clear, featuring a very fitting Chrom and Frederick duo. I mean I guess cavalry clears aren't as exciting as other clears, but I just find it funny I beat with a semi-Awakening theme team if Chrom/Frederick and I managed to figure out a way to push through the anti-cavalry weapons.

In fact, it's neat how both Chrom and Frederick are the key players in this video. Sure Reinhardt and Brave Lyn are powerful with their ranged attacks, but if it wasn't for the dorky duo Chrom and Frederick's facetanking (shoutout to Distant Def SS playing a key role), then I would have had even more trouble taking this map down. This took a while to get right, and I was being stubborn by just doing an all cavalry clear since I was in an all cavalry mood after doing some GHB clears during the week.

Some other tidbits (since I'ma  youtube newb and can't figure out how to add annotations on the video):

-Heavy Blade Aether is great. Awesome combo with Horse Chrom.

- 2:14 was where I was getting stuck a lot because of the anti-cavalry weapons. After much trial and error, I found out a combo of Chrom and Reinhardt could take down the flier (bless Chrom's physical bulk with Sealed Falchion and Fury). On the other side, Frederick and Lyn ended up taking down the red mage, which left Frederick vulnerable to the troubador and the bow knight. This is where Distant Def SS came in, as this ensures he has enough health for the very close tanking sessions in in the next few turns.

- 4:30 - Bless Frederick's Brave Axe. The blue manakete would've been big trouble if I couldn't delete the dragon fast.

- 4:46 - I forgot to emphasise Brave Lyn's Savage Blow SS. Level 1 deals just enough damage for Horse Chrom to finish Robin off (damage calc at 5:59)

- ....but as you can I wan't to be different. As fitting as Chrom using the Falchion to finish Grima off, I let Frederick finish off the final boss instead because he was the key unit in this map.   Charging up Bonfire at 5:18 was important so he can just ORKO Robin with a Bonfire proc. Otherwise, yes I coulud have just let Chrom take the win, but good ol' Freddy bear deserved the crowning moment of awesome, especially after easily deleting the blue manakete earlier on.

------

I'm slightly regretting not trying for Horse Chrom in my main account, but I did managed to finally beat it using Galeforce Siegbert, his aunt Elise, Brave Lyn and Frederick. In fact I beat it two ways, but...I forgot the exact turns so trying to recreate it in video format right now is a bit annoying (the second way to clear it was accidental and managed to use Elise's Miracle with Frederick's Wings of Mercy although my first clear didn't use that combo). It's too bad my computer suddenly ran out of memory so I lost that accidental clear :(

Not sure if anyone's interested in me recreating that clear if I can figure out how I did it. If I managed to remember how I did it (or find another way of clearing it), I might try and upload it, I already used up a lot of stamina potions so I'm taking a break right now.

Glad to see another devoted Freddy user! Mine runs a different skillset (a defense focused Slaying Axe one), but I used to run the Brave Axe on him myself, so that works too. :) I actually also run Chrom with him now these days and did in the TT. They fittingly are a good duo. lol

THIS MAP WAS BRUTAL.

Cleared Lunatic after a few tries with Flier Emblem (Witch!Nowi, Newzura, Valter and Bunnero), but it couldn't get Infernal. Took Phoenixmaster's strat with some light changes (No spur spd_ and an unspeakable amount of retries (I think I used almost as many stamina potions as in the Takumi GHB) and even then B!Lyn was barely able to 1-round F!Grima.

So i finally decided to join in this discussion with this robin battle. I beat it with my tactics team consisting of+1 Vanguard Ike (+Atk, -Res),+2  L'arachel (+Def, -Hp), Raven (+Spd, -Hp) New Years Azura (+Def, -Spd) 

Spoiler

Just a heads up this is just a screen recording so there's no sound. I'll work on that for next time.

I am begrudgingly calling it quits on this banner in order to remain on budget.

366 pulls, pulling red and colorless (career total in parentheses):

• 5 Ike (14)
  • 5 Zelgius (8)
  • 3 Nowi (9)
  • 1 Elise (5)
  • 6 Robin (6)
  • 7 Lyn (20)
  • 4 Sakura (6)

8.5%, just a bit below average, I think. Distribution within each color is a lot less lopsided than previous banners, thankfully. However, it saddens me to think that if I didn't have to split my pulls between two colors, I could feasibly have gotten all three characters of a single color to +10. Maybe I'll borrow a bit from the spring banner's allotment (or Thracia's allotment) to try for a few more Robins.

Also got a handful of Sothes and Morgans, too, which is nice. I hope we get another Zelgius banner sometime soon.

And as what appears to just be the usual fare for Legendary Heroes banners, this sort of bullshit just has to happen:

Spoiler

5jDbkLU.jpg

Well...I actually pulled off the “only Caeda (Talys’s Heart) deals damage” clear.

Spoiler

I still hate whoever decided to put 2 Swordbreakers and a Lance Dragon on this map.

As for the banner itself, I got a decent haul, including 2 Robins (one of which got foddered to Bride Caeda).