March's Legendary Hero - F!Robin: Fell Vessel, Flying Colorless Dragon (March 29 ~ April 3)

Coolmanio

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I am begrudgingly calling it quits on this banner in order to remain on budget.

366 pulls, pulling red and colorless (career total in parentheses):

• 5 Ike (14)
  • 5 Zelgius (8)
  • 3 Nowi (9)
  • 1 Elise (5)
  • 6 Robin (6)
  • 7 Lyn (20)
  • 4 Sakura (6)

8.5%, just a bit below average, I think. Distribution within each color is a lot less lopsided than previous banners, thankfully. However, it saddens me to think that if I didn't have to split my pulls between two colors, I could feasibly have gotten all three characters of a single color to +10. Maybe I'll borrow a bit from the spring banner's allotment (or Thracia's allotment) to try for a few more Robins.

Also got a handful of Sothes and Morgans, too, which is nice. I hope we get another Zelgius banner sometime soon.

And as what appears to just be the usual fare for Legendary Heroes banners, this sort of bullshit just has to happen:

Hide contents

5jDbkLU.jpg

I know they display the percentage there to bait players to spend more money, but I still would not be able to resist the bait until I reset that percentage.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, XRay said:

I know they display the percentage there to bait players to spend more money, but I still would not be able to resist the bait until I reset that percentage.

That's actually what I started with. I didn't pull a single 5-star until pull number 58.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's actually what I started with. I didn't pull a single 5-star until pull number 58.

That must have been painful to watch it go steadily up and up. At least your broke it and reset it back though.

@predator_21476 I also like the new Tactic skills, you've build a strong team around it, nice! I'm still waiting for a good Raven to build, he is one of the few infantry units I'd consider for my Galeforce squad. Cool seeing him one-round Robin. 

@LordFrigid You had Caeda +10 before she became mainstream, but even with her new shiny sword I didn't think she would be able to kill every unit on this map. Aether didn't make it less impressive how she killed that Lance Cav with one shot. How long did it take to ponder out the right steps? Congratulation for that clear! 

@mampfoid 2-3 potions worth of attempts, mostly because I take a trial-and-error approach to clears nowadays. I really should actually look at stat benchmarks again... The process went something like:

Spoiler
  • I started going straight in from the left, but that got her Lance Cav’d immediately, since I couldn’t get the support structure in place from those starting positions. At this point I was using a much more defense based setup (using New Years Corrin & Camilla).
  • Next, I tried going up the right side, but that just got me caught between the advancing Lance Cav and the spawning Lance Dragon.
  • I thought it would be better to take a turn to get the support structure in place, so I tried going down the bottom right, but still got caught by the two from before, plus the Bow Fighter.
  • Finally, I decided to try taking out the Bow Fighter, which had the added bonus of having a fully charged Aether for the Lance Cav. Even then, it wasn’t until I noticed that I could Flier Formation -> Reposition Caeda up toward Robin to fight her and the Bow Cav that I changed the team to use 2 WoM singers (thank you fully charged Bonfire!).
  • After that, it took a couple more tries to get the Aether timing just right, because the only way she was going to survive the Lance Dragon was to get an Aether off in between hits.

Each bullet does not necessarily equate to one attempt, because I can be stubborn sometimes =P . As evidenced by the fact that I even continued to try doing it at all.

12 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Even then, it wasn’t until I noticed that I could Flier Formation -> Reposition Caeda up toward Robin to fight her and the Bow Cav that I changed the team to use 2 WoM singers (thank you fully charged Bonfire!).

Yeah, that was an interesting move! 

15 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

3 potions worth of attempts, mostly because I take a trial-and-error approach to clears nowadays. I really should actually look at stat benchmarks again.

3 pots are not much if you consider how many turns are needed to kill all reinforcements. I also should do more calculations to save stamina, but it's not that I'm low on pots (~220). 

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@predator_21476 I also like the new Tactic skills, you've build a strong team around it, nice! I'm still waiting for a good Raven to build, he is one of the few infantry units I'd consider for my Galeforce squad. Cool seeing him one-round Robin. 

Yeah Raven makes for quite the glass cannon, when I get the chance I want to try a Galeforce  heavy blade set. As for the tactic skills they are quite interesting to use as they can give quite a bit more flexibility over the positioning of the units compared to the hones. Just hoping that speed tactic comes out soon and that I can get it to finish this team. 

2 hours ago, predator_21476 said:

Yeah Raven makes for quite the glass cannon, when I get the chance I want to try a Galeforce  heavy blade set. As for the tactic skills they are quite interesting to use as they can give quite a bit more flexibility over the positioning of the units compared to the hones. Just hoping that speed tactic comes out soon and that I can get it to finish this team. 

Good luck getting that skill soon! Cherche will be my first candidate for it. 

Bleh, so after the crappy free pull (forced to pick green since no colorless and 4 blues, 1 green; the green was a 3* Beruka), I saved up every free orb I could get so that I could pull on the last day.

Objective: Brave Lyn for merges but wouldn't mind F!Grima pull
Actual result: a +Spd/-Def Neko Sakura after 56 orbs (ended up merging my built +Atk/-HP copy into her)

I have mixed feelings about this.

Okay, I'm calling it quits for real now.

233 more pulls, red and colorless with a bit of just colorless at the end to get the last Sakura (career total in parentheses):

• 5 Ike, 10 total (19)
  • 2 Zelgius, 7 total (10)
  • 2 Nowi, 5 total (11)
  • 0 Elise, 1 total (5)
  • 1 Robin, 7 total (7)
  • 10 Lyn, 17 total (30)
  • 5 Sakura, 9 total (11)

10.7% 5-star rate this session. 599 pulls total, 9.3% 5-star rate overall. Better. I believe that's above average.

What used to look like a pretty even distribution doesn't so much anymore. Seriously, Lyn. What the hell.

I'll wait until next time to finish Robin since there's a high chance Jakob will be on the banner. Hopefully, there's another Zelgius banner soon. Heroes with Panic Ploy when? Luke still has not yet gotten a banner since his original one.

So the end result on this banner for me is 4 Frimas and 1 B!Lyn. All I really wanted was Sakunyan. *sigh*

I'll be saving up my orbs for keeps this time. I am looking at having at least 1000 orbs when the banner returns in November.

For all I know this still won't let me get her. I have suffered a serious blow to my enthusiasm for this game.

Final results, lifetime totals, from this banner:

Gunnthra +8
Lute +5
B!Lucina +5
L!Ike +4
Zelgius +4
S!Elise +4
H!Nowi +2
F!Grima +2
Fjorm +1
S!Tiki +1

Swift Sparrow for S!Sharena and Cordelia (B!Lyn still at +3)
Close Defense for Zelgius (between wind blessing and Close Defense, he should be able to take green dragons easily)

Only thing i managed to get out of this banner was a Sakura, +hp -res. Pretty awful IVs for her, but at least if I didn't get Grima she's what I was hoping to see instead of another Lyn. Hopefully next time the colorless pool will be decent again. I would have skipped this time had the colorless selection not been 2/3 units I wanted. I'd of really liked Brave Lucina, S Elise, and a better H Nowi, but I've learned my lesson not to snipe for only 1/3 units on a color with these banners, so I didn't try for them.

I must admit, my luck was great on this one, about 250 orbs went in and that got me, FG!Robin, S!Tiki, Lute, V!Ike(Mist has def tactic now), Gunnthra(nevermind my luck sucks), Fjorm(fed to Myrrh), and H!Sakura.

Got just about everything I wanted and most of these pulls were within the last 50 orbs, I note that Lute, V!Ike and S!Tiki were in succession of each other (S!Tiki was from another session though), kinda pissed that Gunnthra showed up again, I didn't want her the first time and her second appearance was no more satisfying, her skill inheritance is garbage. Aside from saltiness over getting the worst oc again, pretty good.

I had 100 orbs and I've got 2 Sakuras, 1 Gunnthra (finally!), 1 F Grima, 1 Brave Lyn, 1 Tiki and with 9 orbs i had left i did my first pull on kagero's banner and had her :D

@Zeo @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @Cute Chao @Ginko and just for this one, @XRay 

One last video for Infernal Robin, this time on my main account. This time Siegbert has bonding time with Aunt Elise as they kill a dragon, while Frederick returns to show off his dragon slaying axe skills. Oh and Lyn is there because fliers are everywhere.

Not gonna lie, I don't remember how I did it the first time. Or the second time (it was a different tactic from the first one). I even had to switch seals for this video because I just couldn't remember how I did it, but I guess this video became more creative because of that. 

Team is +Spd/-Def Siegbert (Heavy Blade, Desperation, Galeforce), +Spd/-Res Elise (Miracle, Gravity), +Atk/-Res Frederick (Brave Axe, Wings of Mercy, Bonfire) and neutral Brave Lyn (Brave Bow, Luna, Draw Back). 

(For reference, my 1st and 2nd clears had Savage Blow SS on Elise, Atk+3 on Lyn and Distant Def on Brave Lyn. First clear didn't need Miracle on Elise.)

I have to say, I'm really proud of this clear, despite not remembering my previous clears. Again, this is one of those times where everyone had a role, and there's just something satisfying when you use Miracle and Wings of Mercy to great advantage. Also Desperation Siegbert is a beast. Gravity+ is OP as well.

This run also taught me to sometimes retreat even if I could defeat an enemy straight away. Sometimes when I do that (like the AI), I get trapped by enemy movements, so this was a good lesson. This is why I used Siegbert to finish the lance cavalier instead of Frederick at 2:00.

I noticed in my many failed runs that the bow knight and manakete deals exactly 35 damage to Brave Lyn, the perfect number to defeat her. That's why I just gave her the HP+3 Seal on her, which turned out to be quite useful in activating Frederick's Wings of Mercy. I think the best moment of the video is at 4:33. I was getting trapped by the reinforcements, but then I remembered Frederick's native WoM skill so he could move Lyn out of the way. Elise was left standing to face against Grima's Bonfire, but thanks to Miracle, she toughed it out like a champ. (I gave her Quickened Pulse since earlier attempts meant she couldn't activate it in time)

Also this is my first time recording on my iPhone and was recording this after work (minutes before the map ended). DIdn't realise it didn't record the sound, so I had to remake the sound effects myself. Music is "Slasher Zero" from the King of Fighers 2000 soundtrack.'

42 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

DIdn't realise it didn't record the sound, so I had to remake the sound effects myself.

I was slightly disappointed to not find crazy beatbox sounds by MC Silas. :-)

I love your Siegbert (even if he is muted), he is on a real killing-spree here. Somehow he reminds me of someone from my team. 

Great use of Miracle and WoM (always useful with Desperation units in reinforcement maps), Congratulations! 

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I was slightly disappointed to not find crazy beatbox sounds by MC Silas. :-)

I love your Siegbert (even if he is muted), he is on a real killing-spree here. Somehow he reminds me of someone from my team. 

Great use of Miracle and WoM (always useful with Desperation units in reinforcement maps), Congratulations! 

Thanks! I would never have gotten the idea of giving Galeforce if it weren’t for your Roy!

Its more the mc from Scottish names (although not Scottish) so it’s like ‘mac’ haha. 

This silent GF swordie doesn’t say his name in the video- maybe he is the same as a certain unit you’re thinking of. If only there was a way he would say his name out loud to remind you who he is..

it’s kind of annoying that I couldn’t replicate my first win since that didn’t need Miracle/WoM/Lyn’s HP+3 but oh well. Just pure coincidence that I remembered Freddy had WoM, (i just needed a strong melee axe user) so it’s great when I get to use a unit’s vanilla skills.

the red wolf tome mage gave me all sorts of problems though. He doubles Elise so even she can’t survive with Miracle, and Siegberts buffs have no effect so he couldn’t double. Thank goodness Grima didn’t double Elise.

On 4/3/2018 at 3:40 AM, Alkaid said:

Only thing i managed to get out of this banner was a Sakura, +hp -res. Pretty awful IVs for her, but at least if I didn't get Grima she's what I was hoping to see instead of another Lyn. Hopefully next time the colorless pool will be decent again. I would have skipped this time had the colorless selection not been 2/3 units I wanted. I'd of really liked Brave Lucina, S Elise, and a better H Nowi, but I've learned my lesson not to snipe for only 1/3 units on a color with these banners, so I didn't try for them.

Yeah, I've learned it's better to pull until you get a healthy amount of good characters instead of attempting to get a specific one, specially in these banners. Didn't focus exclusively in colorless, despite wanting a FGrima, but got her anyways (+hp/-res, which isn't good, but not bad either 

@mcsilas Just have to say I appreciate the KOF music in these videos.. serious nostalgia vibes.

Was a good last hurrah for this map. Just about everyone uploaded a clear of this map, it was really a shining star, especially of difficulty. Something else I've realized watching some of these videos is that my team does very little running/repositioning to get out of harms way. They just tank everything 90% of the time. Good thing they can as they lack the re-positioning flexibility of teams like yours (in this vid).

Respect to you doing the sounds yourself also. For all the editing I do, I would not have had the patience to do sound myself.

37 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas Just have to say I appreciate the KOF music in these videos.. serious nostalgia vibes.

Was a good last hurrah for this map. Just about everyone uploaded a clear of this map, it was really a shining star, especially of difficulty. Something else I've realized watching some of these videos is that my team does very little running/repositioning to get out of harms way. They just tank everything 90% of the time. Good thing they can as they lack the re-positioning flexibility of teams like yours (in this vid).

Respect to you doing the sounds yourself also. For all the editing I do, I would not have had the patience to do sound myself.

I’m just proud i managed to solve it myself. I had to resort to looking up guides and giving Desperation to a Brave Lyn for Fallen Takumi Infernal in my second account. I mean sure i used cavalry with the extra movement but I kept getting myself trapped in a corner in multiple runs- even this one haha. 

Well i do video edits as part of my work so it bothered me when the video was completely silent. Plus i like getting the chance to show KOF music haha. But thanks, i didn’t really need to spend one whole night recreating the sounds but at least getting comments are appreciates :)

(it was also interesting to see the sound effect side of the game)

but yeah i think that’s part of what make your clears impressive, with your tanks thanks to the debuffs. Although i guess to be fair i had to rely more on Reposition assists because there’s no cavalry dancer haha. Also because the team was pretty frail

Alas, this banner gave me Brave Lyn with -ATK+Spd and Legendary Ike with -HP, +Def for the first round of summons, and then 40 orbs of four and three stars for the next two, all while my barracks are filled to the brim already and I was basically forced to do Skill Inheritance to purge my Sullys with her Swordbreaker and Draw Back, my Moonbow Odins, etc. A second Sothe with yet another SPD bane became Life-and-Death fodder for the neutral Lyn I got for free for picking her upon downloading the game. I already had a -Spd, +HP Legendary Ike that I got first before the free one was given out and I used him to clear out Valter and Lyon's GHB rerun, but I am definitely merging the -spd Ike into another for sure since I'm not going to have him relearn Reposition and what I gave him.  -Spd is awful on Ike and is his worst bane. that he got +HP in return was a double whammy, but I had to make do with what I had. 

• 4 months later...

LHB: Female Grima Abysseal clear.

Raven for President, BEST FUCKING TANK EVAR!!! (Ironicly i had to use my Robin main Team because the other Legendary hero teams failed somewhere inbetween)