March's Legendary Hero - F!Robin: Fell Vessel, Flying Colorless Dragon (March 29 ~ April 3)

Coolmanio

22 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

And also why couldn't they get a better artist to do M!Robin's Grima (I swear I won't bring it up more than like 8 more times). 

I am fine with his uglier art work, since he is supposed to be twisted and all.

19 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm not sure about Mark, since we never really see them and, as far as I know, they don't have any kind of default art.

If they do, then I would love to see them. Were they included in the CYL poll?

I think the default hooded face is fine, similar to Kiran. Haha.

All we know is that Mark has brown hair based on his map sprite.

16 minutes ago, Etheus said:

That seems like something that would only part of a FE6/7 remake. If that happens though, I'm curious as to whether they would even keep the name Mark. All of the other avatars have gender neutral names, after all.

Maybe Marque? Adding an "e" to the end seems to make anything more feminine.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Mark is as much as unit as Kiran is. Mark should never become playable. Never.

I do not mind having a playable Kiran. Breidablik uses one Orb per attack and always summons the right unit with the right build to one round the enemy.

9 minutes ago, Raven said:

Mark is already in the game.

I do not see him. Is he hiding in Kellam's armor?

Edited by XRay

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not see him. Is he hiding in Kellam's armor?

It's you. You are Kiran. You are Mark. You are a faceless self-insert, and that will never change.

44 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Ugh. Grima is NOT a "hero" let alone a legendary one. This makes no sense. And I'm very disappointed she's out first colorless dragon. 

Every summonable character in this game is a "Hero". In the same way that every summonable character in Fate is a "Servant".

36 minutes ago, XRay said:

We are still missing Mark too, so only half the Avatars are present.

It is somewhat implied that Mark and Morgan are the same person.

There's a fan theory that the other Morgan who you don't get in Awakening is Mark in FE7. Morgan's name is Mark in Japan. Heck, female Morgan refers to herself as Mark-chan in Japanese

Edited by silveraura25

13 minutes ago, Raven said:

It's you. You are Kiran. You are Mark. You are a faceless self-insert, and that will never change.

You do not need to have a face in order to be playable. Black Knight and Legion does not have a face that we can see even in their injured art. I am fine with having an indiscernible face under a hood for Mark and Kiran, similar to enemy Manaketes.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It is somewhat implied that Mark and Morgan are the same person.

Is not that just in name only?

13 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

There's a fan theory that the other Morgan who you don't get in Awakening is Mark in FE7. Morgan's name is Mark in Japan. Heck, female Morgan refers to herself as Mark-chan in Japanese

I'm well aware. I play the series exclusively in Japanese.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Is not that just in name only?

Also the hooded robe, the short hair, being a tactician, appearing in the world and disappearing without a trace. Could be a coincidence, but that's a lot of coincidences.

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

You do not need to have a face in order to be playable. Black Knight and Legion does not have a face that we can see even in their injured art.

really now

Edited by Raven

53 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Mark is as much as unit as Kiran is. Mark should never become playable. Never.

Lewyn is a dick and has been a dick through both acts of Genealogy. He doesn’t deserve legendary status. …Then again, neither Ike nor Ephraim did, so whatever.

Also, what would you imply with “a FE6/7 remake”? Any bundling of older games would be absolutely a bad and uncalled-for idea.

They weren’t, thankfully.

Ike doesn't deserve legendary status? The guy who united warring races, won two continent-sweeping wars, saved a nation, and then saved literally all of humanity by leading an army to defeat a god doesn't deserve legendary status? Are you actually joking? You can say "I don't like Ike," and that's your opinion, but in terms of achievements, Ike is one of, if not the, most accomplished characters in the series besides Naga herself. He IS a legend. Whether or not you like that legend is irrelevant.

And no, I wasn't implying that 6 and 7 should be bundled. The intent was that Mark could justifiably be made into a full playable avatar with a canon appearance with either. Granted, he didn't exist in 6. However his death after the events of 7 was not confirmed, as far as I'm aware. As such, he would probably still be around and could still play a role if IS is careful in avoiding a Kris-style hijacking of the story and conversations.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm well aware. I play the series exclusively in Japanese.

Also the hooded robe, the short hair, being a tactician, appearing in the world and disappearing without a trace. Could be a coincidence, but that's a lot of coincidences.

I was talking to XRay. Your post appeared a few seconds before mine

9 minutes ago, Etheus said:

The guy who united warring races, won two continent-sweeping wars, saved a nation, and then saved literally all of humanity by leading an army to defeat a god doesn't deserve legendary status?

Every bloody protagonist in every bloody game in the series did the same (except Leif).

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I was talking to XRay. Your post appeared a few seconds before mine

My bad.

Quoting helps, though. Especially because of the notification it gives to the person you quoted.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Every bloody protagonist in every bloody game in the series did the same (except Leif).

Of which Ike has done more than every other protagonist, including Marth. And yes, every bloody protagonist deserves legendary status, because they've all achieved legendary feats.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

My bad.

Quoting helps, though. Especially because of the notification it gives to the person you quoted.

Yeah, but I wasn't expecting you to post first. :sob:

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ninjas be fast.

Ninian fans are faster

Let's see here. Seliph/Julia killed Julius (Loptyr) and Judgral was finally able to achieve everlasting peace without fear of Loptyr's return. Divine Dragons are considered the ruling class of dragons so Roy defeated what humans would regard as a fallen god (Idunn was forced to demon dragon) and brought peace to Elibe. Corrin defeated Anankos and brought peace between Hoshido and Nohr. Alm defeated a god and unified two warring countries.

Ike isn't that special among lords. Plus he could't kill one half of a goddess without the help of the other half. The same applies to everyone that relied on a dragon's/god's gift or power (Tyrfing, Naga tome, Omega Yato, Falchion)

Edited by silveraura25

13 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Ike doesn't deserve legendary status? The guy who united warring races, won two continent-sweeping wars, saved a nation, and then saved literally all of humanity by leading an army to defeat a god doesn't deserve legendary status? Are you actually joking? You can say "I don't like Ike," and that's your opinion, but in terms of achievements, Ike is one of, if not the, most accomplished characters in the series besides Naga herself. He IS a legend. Whether or not you like that legend is irrelevant.

And no, I wasn't implying that 6 and 7 should be bundled. The intent was that Mark could justifiably be made into a full playable avatar with a canon appearance with either. Granted, he didn't exist in 6. However his death after the events of 7 was not confirmed, as far as I'm aware. As such, he would probably still be around and could still play a role if IS is careful in avoiding a Kris-style hijacking of the story and conversations.

If they keep it like it was in 7, it doesn't seem like adding Mark would upset things much. It could be like let's go to Lycia. Do you think that's a good idea, Mark? Cool, that's what I thought. Let's get going. Or if they did want to switch things up a little, do you think we should go to Ilia or Sacae? (X Person from more trained set) really knows a lot about (their country), so they could probably guide us.

Go to: Ilia, Sacae (defaults to where it'd have gone in original 6)

I like fem!grima's art but after comparing it to her male counterpart I'm kinda disappointed that she's sorta plain by comparison as if they're afraid to incorporate more draconian aspects to robin's base design, she doesn't even incorporate the the dragon wings like male grima does in his special art or wearing her grandmaster out fit but that's neither here nor there

I'm just getting into this game in time for the Legendary Banner, and F!Grima is my favourite character, so you'd better believe I'm going to reroll like a madman until I have a good one.

My question is: what is a good F!Grima? Her skillset says "tank", but her stats say "speedy attacker", and last I checked a unit couldn't run both in this game without a significant drawback.

Edited by Some Jerk

1 minute ago, Some Jerk said:

I'm just getting into this game in time for the Legendary Banner, and F!Grima is my favourite character, so you'd better believe I'm going to reroll like a madman until I have a good one.

My question is: what is a good F!Grima? Her skillset says "tank", but her stats say "speedy attacker", and last I checked a unit couldn't run both in this game without a significant drawback.

Her stats are out? Or are you assuming this based off of her doubling that archer?

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Her stats are out? Or are you assuming this based off of her doubling that archer?

The follow-up on the archer and no follow-up on either side against Chrom give us a decent idea of where her Spd stat is.

We know she has about 30 Def based on Bonfire's damage.

Datamines haven't started because the update isn't in the app store yet.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

That's a good question, I guess we will find out when the stats get released. I feel that she will be flying tank, that cannot get breath or bold/vengeful fighter, and does not have a way of preventing being doubled like Myrrh. I think she will be good, only time will tell.

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Yeah I was judging from the archer. I didn't get to correct my post before you said something. :dry:

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The follow-up on the archer and no follow-up on either side against Chrom give us a decent idea of where her Spd stat is.

We know she has about 30 Def based on Bonfire's damage.

Datamines haven't started because the update isn't in the app store yet.

I know that the stat predictions are out, but when the guy said speedy, I was like "what".

Grima isn't exactly the kind of being you consider a hero (but it can count for certain definitions)

But he/she/they is definitely a legendary being, they exists in the lore of the game and have legendary power.

Edited by Troykv

19 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Grima isn't exactly the kind of being you consider a hero (but it can count for certain definitions)

But he/she/they is definitely a legendary being, they exists in the lore of the game and have legendary power.

The game makes a clear distinction between Hero and hero; they are not synonymous.

27 minutes ago, XRay said:

Sharena's Description:
"A princess of Askr and Alfonse's sister. Cheerful and loves making friends—especially with Heroes."

Alm's Description:
"A brave but kind young warrior, raised by the hero Mycen in Ram Village. His left hand is marked with the Brand."

Everyone is a Hero. In the context of this game, Hero and hero are two different things. Anyone you can summon is a Hero with a capital H. The Askr trio and Nifl duo are your regular protagonist heroes saving the day.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:
3 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Ugh. Grima is NOT a "hero" let alone a legendary one. This makes no sense. And I'm very disappointed she's out first colorless dragon. 

Every summonable character in this game is a "Hero". In the same way that every summonable character in Fate is a "Servant".