How long can posts get word count-wise?

Guest Dreamyboi

Guest Dreamyboi

I'd planned on doing a long post in another section and it'd be annoying to break it up into pieces (even though I'm sure I have to).

Just curious.

I know that you get at least 3 pages - about 2000 words and 12000 charathers. If you make it look nice at all with paragraph breaks you'll probbably be down to 1700 words. 

I have a couple of OPs to threads that might be slightly longer but the Forum tends to diable editing (the n64 classic speculation thread comes to mind) after I initially post it. It lets me access the editor controls, but it will boot me out to the "suspected bot activity" screen if I try to submit edit's presumably because the post is already close to the charather limit and it interprets me making a obscenely long re-post. 

I know for a fact that the Forum will reject 5 page long  OPs for new threads. 

Edited by Reality

Guest Dreamyboi
3 minutes ago, Reality said:

I know that you get at least 3 pages - about. 12000 charathers

I have a couple of OPs to threads that might be slightly longer but the Forum tends to diable editing (the n64 classic speculation thread comes to mind) after I initially post it. It lets me access the editor controls, but it will boot me out to the "suspected bot activity" screen if I try to submit edit's presumably because the post is already close to the charather limit and it interprets me making a obscenely long re-post. 

I know for a fact that the Forum will reject 5 page long  OPs for new threads. 

Gotcha, thank you.

Guest Dreamyboi
6 hours ago, Jotari said:

This guy got ten thousand words with no trouble.

Of course the system might have changed since then.

Good to know. I was planning on doing a "My version of Gaiden" type post in the Fire Emblem section and having to cut it up would be a pain.

Might still have to depending on how much I type, who knows.

16 minutes ago, Dreamyboi said:

Good to know. I was planning on doing a "My version of Gaiden" type post in the Fire Emblem section and having to cut it up would be a pain.

Might still have to depending on how much I type, who knows.

I can't speak for other people, but I personally find very long posts to be skip worthy material. Most of them tend to be rambly and repetitive and could probably be cut down to less than two thousand words.

Guest Dreamyboi
35 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I can't speak for other people, but I personally find very long posts to be skip worthy material. Most of them tend to be rambly and repetitive and could probably be cut down to less than two thousand words.

That's fair, cutting it sounds like the more wise option anyhow.

back in 2012 (older forums software) i experimented a bit and found the limit to be somewhere north of 90k characters, give or take

i imagine it's probably bigger now but there's an estimate

58 minutes ago, Integrity said:

back in 2012 (older forums software) i experimented a bit and found the limit to be somewhere north of 90k characters, give or take

i imagine it's probably bigger now but there's an estimate

Wow...That's like the size of a novel.

Oh wait chatacters not words. So we can't outright write a novel on Serenes in one post. Still, seems pretty big.

Edited by Jotari