Most Lucky (and Unlucky) Banner?

Rex Glacies

Lucky: Technically my luckiest was the Love Abounds banner. I pulled exactly once and I got both Hector and Lilina as focus units.
Unlucky: I can't remember; I tend to block that out due to painful memories. I'm hoping that the new Legendary banner won't become my unlucky one.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My most lucky banner was easily the New Year banner, where I got five 5* units with 90 saved orbs, which included the three seasonals, plus Saber and my second Mia.

I've had plenty of unlucky banners, and I really don't feel like remembering them (I know I got to 12% pity rate in one of the legendaries).

I had a fairly rough start to FEH luckwise. My only 5* in the beginning was Maria, and my second was Hawkeye when I didn't realise you could choose banners. The third was an off-focus Lachesis. These are the only three pulled 5* heroes I have from prior to the Xander GHB which was at the beginning of May.

The peak of bad summoning was Nohrian Summer though. I wanted Summer Corrin and Summer Corrin alone, and it took nearly 250 orbs before getting her on the final day of the banner. There was not a single other 5* on the way. On the other hand, I suppose it was lucky in that I actually got what I wanted in the end, and the neutral nature copy I got then has been one of my top 5 units ever since.

That marked a turnaround in my luck though, and I went through a pretty lucky period in the subsequent month. Indeed I got Amelia as the free summon on her introductory banner on the same day I got that Corrin (I'd been holding off on using the freebie until I was done with the summer banner). Roy turned up on the first session of CYL, and both Eliwood and Ninian showed up on the first round of the mini-TT banner. Ephraim turned up as a free summon too, then finally, I got Elincia, Oscar and Nephenee as consecutive summons in the same session (not the first session though, maybe the fourth). Yeah, that was a good month.

TL;DR: Best was Dauntless Crimeans. Worst was Nohrian Summer.

EDIT: My only other triple 5* session was Legendary Heroes 1, where I got Celica with my last 5 orbs, then bought orbs to complete the circle. That yielded a spare Hector and Bridelia. I think that's the only time where I can say buying orbs has been worth it - that said, I've only ever bought 120-130 orbs ever.

Edited by Humanoid

Lucky: Love Abounds, I got an Amelia, Jaffar, 2xV!Hector, V!Roy and V!Lilina in far less orbs than I should have. 
Unlucky: 300+ orbs on the Christmas banner sniping robin and all I got was W!Tharja, or Miciahs banner where I got no focuses for the same amount of orbs and instead got a bad natured, Lucina, Lilina and Peri (Who I sent home out of rage) 

Lucky: Hard to say.  I mean getting through the redeem free orb first Hector and first Young Tiki on their voting gauntlet banners is pretty good, both with good IVs.  Got Leo on this weapon refine banner with free pull, but bad IV.  Can't really beat free.  However for more orbs than that, probably getting all 4 focus units on the Performing Arts banner in addition to a 5 star Lachesis within 80 orbs.  2 of them even had best IVs (Shigure, PA Azura which was the unit I wanted most on that banner).  I'd also say getting 2 Celicas within 3 red orbs on last voting gauntlet is pretty lucky too.  

Unlucky: 120 orbs on the Wyvern banner for the Wyvern vs Pegasus voting gauntlet.  All wyverns were green, supposedly 15% chance to pull one of them.  Well I pulled none of them, and didn't even get a non focus 5 star either.  This was definitely the biggest downer in my orb pulling experiences thusfar.  

Edited by Lewyn

Lucky: Love Abounds. I got 12 copies of Lyn, I merged enough to get a +10 one with the desired +Atk/-Res IVs and used the spare one to give another armored unit Armor March. I also got 3 copies of Lilina, and a copy of Hector and Roy.

Unlucky: Ike's Legendary banner. All I got was a big old pile of nothing.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

luckiest had to be the radiant dawn banner, got micaiah and a zelgius with a spd bane, then I pulled some more and got a zelgius with a def boon and neutral spd so I'd call that pretty lucky.

my least lucky was the moment of fate banner, I pulled for mist, that was the only character I wanted on that banner, I got Ike, Eldigan, a 5* klein, Innes and Genny, no mist, I was happy to get Ike and Genny, but mist was the thing that I really wanted, only just yesterday did I finally get mist so that one really stung.

normally I have pretty good luck though, aside from mist, I generally get what I want and any cases of the contrary are freak accidents more than they are trends.

Unluckiest was Happy New Year. 9.5% 5* rate? Seliph. 11% 5* rate? Rhajat. No others.

Luckiest was probably Brave Heroes, where I got Roy on pull #1 and Olwen on pull #2, followed by Lucina (then Ike ten minutes after the banner ended. Seriously, Brave Heroes was weird.)

Unlucky: Dauntless Crimeans. Spent around 200+ orbs to get none of the focus units. Other than that, can’t recall. 

Luckiest: December legendary banner. Most of the focus units I pulled had good/optimal IVs. Love Abounds TT banner free pull was +SPD Ninian which I wanted. Sacred World free pull was +ATK/-DEF Innes. Hinoka and Takumi BB banner (I think?) free pull was +ATK Hinoka. Refinable Weapons (Leo, Eirika and Soren) free pull was SM! Eirika who was -ATK.  Lastly, February Legendary Hero banner with 4 S! Corrin (albeit with mostly terrible IVs), three Sothe and a +SPD PA!Olivia. 

Luckiest banner was Nohrian Summer, got Xander, Elise, and Corrin within like 50 orbs.  Unluckiest would be Christmas TT where I tried to finish of Nowi to +10.  Took 500 orbs before a 5* showed up, pity broken by -atk Mathila, Olwen, Frederick, and Maria.  Thankfully Nowi is at 4* so I got a few of them along the way to promote but if she was 5* only that would kill me.  

One of my luckiest, or at least luckier, was probably Radiant Dawn banner, getting +Atk -Def Micaiah and +Spd -Res Sothe within 2-3 full summons. No Zelgius sure, but I didn't really care that much.

Unluckiest, most definitely Trick or Defeat, where I spent all of that month sniping Red orbs ad getting pity breaking Alm and Corrin before getting +Def -Spd Nowi a day before the banner ended, all on free orbs. Next unluckiest would be Dauntess Crimeans, where out of 6 Elincias across so many orbs spent, only the last had a good nature. I also feel my luck drops whenever I buy orbs regardless of previous luck...

Edited by Xenomata

Luckiest: Got M!Tiki and Takumi as free pulls, got Sonya, Bunnero and M!Morgan in the first session. Didn't have to pull for any of those banners again. There's also the NY banner, where I got Newzura, Newmilla and a spare Hinoka in the same pull.

Unluckiest: Can I just say legendary banners? My luck's always poor enough with them that I'm always somewhat dissatisfied. Than there's the banner for Celica and crew. I was ridiculously unlucky and only got a Peri out of it and a 9.5% pity rate, the closest I ever came to buying orbs. It still frightens me.

Luckiest: Halloween. I got Sakura first, even though I was looking for Jakob. I was about to give up at that point but managed to pull Jakob as well. Then, later a random full 20 orb pull got me a Henry as well. Not to mention the fact that both Jakob and Henry are +atk and Sakura +res.

Unluckiest: CYL. I of course got the free Lyn but I was looking for Ike after that. I used over 100 orbs and got nothing. To this day, Brave Ike has eluded me.

Luckiest: bride banner. got five-star marth, bride charlotte, and two bride cordelias in one summoning. pretty good.

Unluckiest: the second legendary banner, i lost so many orbs trying to get performing arts azura. it was bad.

Luckiest banners were New Year and Gunnthra, which happened to be within a few minutes of each other. I held off on Gunnthra's banner until the New Year banner launched, wanting Azura first but then Gunnthra and ideally Amelia along the way. Got Azura as my first free pull, then moved onto Gunnthra's banner and got Amelia as my free pull, and Gunnthra herself a few pulls later.

Unluckiest was Love Abounds, where I needed like 500 orbs to get Lyn. I never built up too big of a pity rate and got some cool stuff along the way (Valentine's Lilina, Dorcas, Ephraim, Nephenee, Cordelia, and a second Hinoka) but it was pretty painful. I'm glad to have Dorcas, but the others haven't been much use, and even Dorcas isn't someone I needed enough to actually pull for when he was a focus unit.

Halloween is noteworthy for starting out unlucky but then turning quite lucky. I spent most of the month dumping orbs into going for Henry with nothing new to show for it, but got him with like a week to go. I didn't really care about the upcoming banners, so I decided to use the remaining orbs I was able to scrounge up to go for Nowi and Jakob, and managed to not only get both of them but also Sigurd and Jaffar along the way.

luckiest:
Valentine's Banner because I had a ridiculous high fangrate of 5* units. Got three Lilinas, Hector and Lyn plus some offside units like Dorcas, Deidre, Lukas, Nephenee and Olwen. I think I pulled about 70-80 times.
New Year's Banner was great too since I pulled Azura and Camilla in my second summoning session.
Technically the luckiest banner was the Miracle Banner from yesterday because I got a free Delthea.

unluckiest:
FE10 because I got nothing aside of two BraveLucinas from nowhere.

However the latest Legendary Banner could become a serious contender for being unluckiest banner because I spent tons of orbs only for one focus unit yet. Tbf it was the most wanted (female fallen Robin), so I think I shouldn't whine too much.

Luckiest: The first Spring banner (got 5* Fae from my first green orb, and +atk -def S Camilla the second green orb), Ike's original banner (got him +spd -res on the second red orb), the Elincia's original banner (got her +atk -def within 20 orbs), and the more recent weapon upgrade banner with Hinoka on it (finally got her, +atk -res, in just 15 orbs or so). I've had no banners where I got a bunch of 5* in a low orb count, but at least I did get exactly what I wanted right away a few times.

Unluckiest is too many to count, really. Nohrian Summer where I got a -spd +res F Corrin and proceeded to spend more money than I'd like to get a better copy only to end up with 2 more of the same IV was probably the one that upset me the most overall. Ayra's intro banner I got smoked by an Eldigan after 150 orbs, followed by the Hinoka banner running at the same time that ate all my remaining F2P orbs plus 2 orbs packs worth only to give me a -spd Delthea and -def Ephraim. That was the sequence of banners that got me to stop spending money on this game since. More recently, I dumped 150 orbs into V Ike's first banner and only got a -spd Seigbert and -spd PA Azura to show for it, which sucked. Azura got a useless merge and I guess I have Atk Tactic fodder now.

Luckiest:

Performing Arts: Got Olivia, Inigo, and Azura all very quickly. Best luck I've ever had with a banner

Lots of amazing free pulls: Got Ike on my free pull when he was the banner Legendary; Micaiah on her banner, Evil Celica on the fallen heroes banner (the only hero I wanted from it, too!), a random 5 star Nephenee as my free pull on a banner I don't even remember which one it was, and the same for Brave Roy (thought he was lost forever when I didn't get him on the CYL banner, then got a free one a couple banners later). 

Other: Also landed Zelgius on Micaiah's banner, got Lyn on the Love Abounds banner JUST before I gave up on getting her, got Mage Eirika and L'Arachel on their banner, and early game I lucked out (I mean within weeks of the game launching): 5 star Lyn was one of my first pulls EVER, and got an Ike and Ephraim not long after her. 

Unluckiest:

So. Freaking. Many. Didn't get any 5 stars at all (Focus or otherwise) on any seasonal banners other than Performing Arts, Love Abounds, and Hares at the Fare (so I have nothing from the summer banners, the bridal banner, Halloween, last year's bunny banner, Christmas, New Year's...). Despite multiple opportunities, I've still never pulled Hector, Lucina, or Sigurd, probably my most wanted Heroes that I don't have. I didn't get anyone from the Shadows of Valentia banner... and I'm sure many others I can't remember. More than half of my 5 stars were built up from 3 or 4 stars (or 2 stars, in the case of Alphonse, Sharena, and Anna), rather than pulled, which is fine - it gives me a great sense of accomplishment.

I'm not salty about missing a lot. I get really angry in the moment, but get over it quickly. A lot of focus 5 stars I missed, I've picked up later as 4 stars, like Sothe, Eirika, Seliph, Siegbert, Reinhardt, and Kagero. I've also been a lot luckier recently, I think because in the past four months or so I started sniping, when for a long while after launch I would just pull all five orbs with every Summoning pool (awfully wasteful, in hindsight). 

And that's something I actually really like, too, is being a player since launch, I get to look back and think about how much I've learned. I didn't even know you could Inherit skills until four or five months in (so many Takumis sent home that I could have used... and I haven't pulled a Takumi since...)! It's a fun game, and I hope more people don't get hung up over not getting the heroes they want right away. There are hundreds of them, and you're bound to get at least a team of four you like quickly. Then you can just be patient and slowly get the ones you want - and even end up liking characters you didn't think you would! 

Luckiest banner for me was S!Corrin's debut banner, I pulled my first Rein with a perfect nature, Olwen, Hinoka and S!Corrin.

Unluckiest would have to be the Halloween one I spent over 300 orbs on that banner trying for H!Jakob, but no luck I only managed to get 1 H!Henry as the only 5* out of all those orbs.

10 hours ago, TadpoleSuperHero said:

I've also been a lot luckier recently, I think because in the past four months or so I started sniping, when for a long while after launch I would just pull all five orbs with every Summoning pool (awfully wasteful, in hindsight).

Same. I actually didn't start sniping until the cavalry banner back in June of last year because I really wanted Elidgan.

Luckiest in terms of in general would probably have to be the Halloween banner for me. Got Jakob, Henry, and Sakura all with fairly good IVs.

Legendary banners seem to be overall lucky for me, but not super lucky. I usually get the characters I want, or at least most of them, but a mix of eh and good IVs. Like I got neutral Celica and -atk/+hp Cordelia on the first one, but they were the only two characters I really wanted. Ike's I wanted Siegbert most, but got Gunnthra (+HP/-def), Ike (+str/-HP), and a merge for my Sanaki. Ephraim's I got Corrin (-HP/+res?) and Shiro (-HP/+res) who were my 1st and 3rd most wanted, Eph being 2nd, and a random, albeit terrible, Tailtiu. Those two I only spent about 40ish orbs on too. Then this one, I've gotten +spd/-res Zelgius and -atk/+res Lucina who were 1st and 3rd most wanted, Robin being 2nd, but I have also spent 130 orbs. Got those two in the same pull around 65 orbs in, but was hoping to get a better Lucina and get Robin, and now I feel like I shouldn't waste the 9.5% pity rate.

But ones I've been most happy about are either Ephraim's legendary or Hero fest this year where I got 2 Sigurds sniping red.

Unluckiest, as others have said, there are a lot. Any of the ones with Eldigan make the list since I've put in at least a decent number of orbs on all of them and have nothing to show for any of them, but the one that probably stung the most was the movement skills one. I wanted Tana and Elincia. I got male Corrin, Seth, Lukas, and a -atk/+res Ryoma. At least getting Ryoma at all made it somewhat bearable.

Falchion gets the vote for weirdest, but ended up good. So to preface, regular Lucina seems to love me as I'd gotten one on the first TT banner and then two more off-focus ones. I'd been wanting an Alm for a bit because I like him and he and Celica would be adorable to have, and his refinement like tripled that, so I decided to go all in on that since I didn't care about the Branded King banner. I sunk in about 80 orbs and got two more Lucinas. Then I was saving up some orbs for the last day. I'd gotten to 17 and was like, well, this is it. So first pull, no reds. Second pull, no reds. Third pull, 4 reds and I have 7 orbs. I seriously considered buying orbs for the first time, but figured I'd give luck a chance and the only orb I pulled that banner had an Alm. I think that was the happiest I've been from pulls; only Sigurd on Hero Fest comes close. All in all, it turned out good with a +4 +atk/-res Lucina and an Alm, but holy crap was that stressful for a bit.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Luckiest: either Performing Arts or Sacred Stones. I got Inigo early on and then a yolo pull session got me Axura, Olivia, and Delthea all at once. I ended up getting two Eirikas and two Myrrh's on their banner without much which was great; Myrrh liked the merge and Celica loves her new Swift Sparrow.

Unluckiest: basically any banner with a mage flier. Summer Corrin eluded me on both her banners and I only got Nowi on the last possible draw before the banner ended. Most recently though Morgan's banner was painful...so many orbs and all I had to show was a bad natured Lute :/

Lucky: Both Genealogy of the Holy War banners were really nice to me plus the recent one with Morgan (I think the Path of Radiance one went pretty good too but I do not remember for sure)

Unlucky: Miciah's banner since it left me broke, with no 5 stars, and with few ways to get orbs at the time, it did not help I lost a bunch of orbs on the Christamas banner right before it and did not really get anything I wanted.

My luckiest banner is still the Sacred World (Amelia, Tana, Innes, Seth), where I got every focus unit in a little over 100 orbs or so.  I also pulled every focus unit on Brave Heroes, but that probably took 300+ orbs. 

As for unluckiest, I threw around 70 orbs in an effort to get Olwen on the cavalry banner a long while back, and couldn't get anyone before I decided to cut my losses.  I didn't keep track, but I spent way too many orbs trying to get a (then) second Hinoka on the Flier Boost banner back in October, and while I did finally get one, I only did it through paid orbs.  Before I didn't mind spending a tiny bit every now and then, but that left such a bad taste in my mouth, and got me to swear off spending money on this game for good. 

Ultimately I consider myself fortunate that I don't have any horror stories of spending 300+ orbs and not getting what I want. 

The current legendary banner has been uncommonly kind to me. 

314orbs spent 12 5* pulled. Highest pity at one time was 10%

Units pulled:

Zelgius 3x

Gunnthra 3x

Ike 2x

Sakura 2x

Tiki

Nowi

So happy about this outcome - it was basically Nowi and Lute and to an extent Robin who kept me summoning - guess you cant have them all

Edited by Baruch

From what I remember.

Luckiest: I think either Performing Arts or a banner where the theme was the gem weapons. Performing Arts gave me Performing Arts Azura and Ninian, despite only 2 five stars,  I also got a lot of 4 stars with good IV's some of which are now 5 stars like Jeroge, Mae and Male Robin. The Gem Weapons one gave me Azura, regular Lucina (I think) and 2 Cain's (at the time, I thought it was cool).

Unluckiest: Banners related to Spring or the Branded King/banners themed around Awakening. Spring banners have been awful (never want to see a Azama or Sakura for a while). I did get 2 five stars from Branded King, a -Speed Caeda and a -Attack Reinhardt, and 3 stars. It's like Heroes knows that I'm not a huge fan of Awakening.