Hero Merit Grinding and Flaunting Mega Thread

5 minutes ago, ZeBlueSlip said:

No I started right after it :lol: I already had some units at 4.000 HM before that. I did used Chain Challenge 1&2 when there was nothing to do with stamina. But it was nowhere as efficient as now with the GHB/BHB.

I was too impatient and cleared all CCs, but TTs (manually) and developer maps (automatically) gave a lot of HM. 

I'm at 1 page 5k units, 1 page 4k+ units and  1 page 3k+ units. Units that have low probability to ever get much use by me (armors and low tier melee infantry) are being grinded first, therefore I brought many units from 0 to 5k in the last days. 

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I was too impatient and cleared all CCs, but TTs (manually) and developer maps (automatically) gave a lot of HM. 

I'm at 1 page 5k units, 1 page 4k+ units and  1 page 3k+ units. Units that have low probability to ever get much use by me (armors and low tier melee infantry) are being grinded first, therefore I brought many units from 0 to 5k in the last days. 

Man, I'm jealous. I'd like to try the HM farming, but I'm a bit afraid to use an emulator, especially since I'm on iOS and not android to begin with. Sadly iOS doesn't have any apps to make a loop on the phone itself like Android does either. (there's the iOS tap control feature, but it's pretty bad for this and won't continuously run anyway)

Is there any way to auto-solo F!Robin's infernal GHB with W!Tharja? 3.1 HM from hard seems too low to do it, but the blue infantry lancer kills her. All his other buddies just suicide the first turn that Tharja enters in their range, even in infernal. She's vanilla + Distant Defense 3 sacred seal, I don't remember her IV's. 

Edit: tried with a healer with the staff that heals 15HP (since the suicide squad left her at 22/40 HP and the lancer does 35 damage), but the lancer doubles, so she gets killed anyway :/

Any other unit who can solo infernal?

Edited by Javi Blizz

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Man, I'm jealous. I'd like to try the HM farming, but I'm a bit afraid to use an emulator, especially since I'm on iOS and not android to begin with. Sadly iOS doesn't have any apps to make a loop on the phone itself like Android does either. (there's the iOS tap control feature, but it's pretty bad for this and won't continuously run anyway)

You only need a Windows PC capable of emulation (see here), it shouldn't matter if you are on iOS or Android on your phone. You only can't play the game on two devices simultaneously with the same account. If you want to auto-grind on PC, you need to stop the App on your phone. 

Edit: @Javi Blizz I have not found a way yet to auto any Infernal map with my units. 

Edited by mampfoid

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Edit: @Javi Blizz I have not found a way yet to auto any Infernal map with my units. 

For those with Lunatic that gives 5.0 HM there's no problem, but with the ones that jump from Hard to Infernal, doing hard is a bit unfair, since you need to invest the same for less rewards :(

(I have so many units I want to upgrade and/or merge)

Just now, Javi Blizz said:

For those with Lunatic that gives 5.0 HM there's no problem, but with the ones that jump from Hard to Infernal, doing hard is a bit unfair, since you need to invest the same for less rewards :(

(I have so many units I want to upgrade and/or merge)

Then bring BK and Hector to Takumis BHB for 2x 5.0 HM:

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Then bring BK and Hector to Takumis BHB for 2x 5.0 HM

The main issue is that I'm trying to farm units that usually I don't use (Frederick, Jakob and Clive currently) or use very little(the ones that clear the map, such as L!Ike or W!Tharja). Both Hector and BK are next to max HM, so it wouldn't be worthy in a few runs. I don't care if I have to use 1 maxed unit to farm, but 2...seems 1000 feather less every 500 HM

Anyway, I'm doing F!Robin's hard. It's better than nothing xD

Edited by Javi Blizz

9 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

The main issue is that I'm trying to farm units that usually I don't use (Frederick, Jakob and Clive currently) or use very little(the ones that clear the map, such as L!Ike or W!Tharja). Both Hector and BK are next to max HM, so it wouldn't be worthy in a few runs. I don't care if I have to use 1 maxed unit to farm, but 2...seems 1000 feather less every 500 HM

Anyway, I'm doing F!Robin's hard. It's better than nothing xD

The overall rate for three units on Hard is worse than Lunatic/Infernal with two units (3x3.1=9.3 versus 2x5=10).

1 minute ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

The overall rate for three units on Hard is worse than Lunatic/Infernal with two units (3x3.1=9.3 versus 2x5=10).

I know, but 0.7 HM per battle doesn't seem so much worse for me if I get 500 feathers more (since I'd need 93 extra battles to get the same number of feathers for achieving the same 1500 initial feathers. In the long run 2x5 is better, but I don't grind more than 2000-2500 feathers per day, so it`s fine for me

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

@Javi Blizz What @Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi wrote, plus you could find a substitute for Hector and/or BK once they max HM. Grima and Zeglius could work. Perhaps other DC units too. 

Sadly, I don't have Grima or Zelgius :(

Since I'm trying to +10 B!Ike, I don't tend to summon in banners where he's not, since I need to save those orbs. As for other units, Tharja is everything except similar to BK, and my other mixed range units aren't armors, so I don't think I've any alternative in my barracks.

However, thx for the suggestions ;)

You only need a Windows PC capable of emulation (see here), it shouldn't matter if you are on iOS or Android on your phone. You only can't play the game on two devices simultaneously with the same account. If you want to auto-grind on PC, you need to stop the App on your phone.

Hmm I see. It's just the cross-platform change worried me about my account working properly. Are you using something within MEMU itself to make the auto grind loop or another Android app you downloaded(while on MEMU)?

Edited by Alkaid

11 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Hmm I see. It's just the cross-platform change worried me about my account working properly. Are you using something within MEMU itself to make the auto grind loop or another Android app you downloaded(while on MEMU)?

Don't worry, there's no problem at all in switching devices/platform. Just, you won't be able to use the orbs you acquired on a platform on another.

MEMU has a feature to record input, so no third party app needed :^_^:

11 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

You can play with one account and switch between Android and iOS also without emulation, you only won't be able to transfer orbs between those two worlds. So better don't solve any missions or new maps that give orbs as rewards while on emulator. 

Memo has an inbuild recorder, that let you auto-repeat everything you did. 

... @ZeBlueSlip was faster ^^'

Well, I found something for Infernal Robin. It's not F2P and, even given that concession, probably not the most ideal situation, given that it requires somewhat heavy SI and an ally support. However, it's still significantly cheaper and more useful to people than "Sheena 5*+8 with Aether and Slaying Axe+ refine", so there's that. I encountered my biggest frustration with the AI yet because it caused SI requirement bloat and the ally support when there is really no call for it. That is, the support armour refused to use Reciprocal Aid on 1-HP M!Grima, which would have solved everything, but didn't. I suspect it's because Grima would be expected to take 0 damage, so it just didn't bother. Something humourous did come of it, though. For the testing, I was using Zephiel, so... like, dude, I thought you liked dragons. Why did you hang Grima out to dry? Anyway:

• Slot 1: Filler 1
  • Slot 2: Filler 2
  • Slot 3: M!Grima - base kit plus Fury 3, Threaten Atk 2, DD3 Seal and a B support with Armour Support
  • Slot 4: Armour Support - Fortify Armor and Spur Res 1 Seal; leave the weapon equipped, but make sure it has no assists

The short version is pretty simple: Grima wanders into the checkpoint with a huge amount of buffs and murders everyone while being immune to physical attacks and taking minimal damage from the mages. Leaving the weapon on Armour Support is important to make sure the unit follows closely for maximum buffage on every turn.

Now for the tricky part: dealing with boon/banes. I'm not sure how much any of the combinations will disrupt the process, though I can speculate. The Grima I used for this is +Def/-HP, but I configured all the abilities above as though he had neutral Def.

• Grima wants to be doubled by anything that isn't F!Robin (changes absolutely nothing if she doesn't double him because he one-shots her with Ignis on the first counter). If he is +Spd and hits A with Armour Support, I suspect things will fall apart because he needs Ignis to kill the red mage on the first round or else things go to hell. However, this scenario may also end up vindicating itself in that the if the Armour Support has Reciprocal Aid, the red mage still being alive for another go at things might cause Reciprocal Aid to actually be used. Grima will have to eat an Iceberg if that happens, though. The old turn order might also be able to be restored by using Bonfire in place of Ignis.
  • -Res can probably be compensated for by upgrading the Spur Res Seal to 3. The only reason Grima really gets down to 1 HP is because of Fury damage from the physicals toward the end.
  • +Res might leave Grima with enough HP to get Vengeful Fighter on the Seal Res axe fighter. If this happens, I'm not sure what it will change, though this may because F!Robin to not get one-shot (due to Ignis being used on the axe fighter), which may lead to the Armour Support getting targeted by her on the next EP.
  • -Def is probably not going to work. Even with Threaten Atk 3, the one extra point can't compensate enough for the -3 Def. This might be finagle-able, due to enemy turn order, by swapping the Spur Res Seal for Spur Def, but I don't know. +Res (maybe +HP?) would likely be required in order to do that kind of seal swap.
  • -Atk is probably also okay. It might miss some two-rounds on the melee, but Grima has all the time in the world, given that Glimmer on 0 damage is still 0 damage and all the mage kills are secured with significant overkill via Ignis.

24 minutes ago, ZeBlueSlip said:

Don't worry, there's no problem at all in switching devices/platform. Just, you won't be able to use the orbs you acquired on a platform on another.

MEMU has a feature to record input, so no third party app needed :^_^:

22 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

You can play with one account and switch between Android and iOS also without emulation, you only won't be able to transfer orbs between those two worlds. So better don't solve any missions or new maps that give orbs as rewards while on emulator. 

Memo has an inbuild recorder, that let you auto-repeat everything you did. 

... @ZeBlueSlip was faster ^^'

Alright, nice! Thanks for the help and I'll be giving it a try!

Edit: And just to double check; the orbs already on my iOS phone will still be there when I transfer back from MEMU to using my phone again, correct? It just means I can't use the orbs while on MEMU/Android, but they're not actually gone, and are still there when I'm using an iOS device?

Edited by Alkaid

47 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Alright, nice! Thanks for the help and I'll be giving it a try!

Edit: And just to double check; the orbs already on my iOS phone will still be there when I transfer back from MEMU to using my phone again, correct? It just means I can't use the orbs while on MEMU/Android, but they're not actually gone, and are still there when I'm using an iOS device?

I would assume so, but I can't say for sure since I don't own iOS devices. @mcsilas You ever had problems with your orbs switching between iPhone/iPad and Android emulator? 

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I would assume so, but I can't say for sure since I don't own iOS devices. @mcsilas You ever had problems with your orbs switching between iPhone/iPad and Android emulator? 

I'd expect it'll be fine and everything will remain where it is when I log back into the game through my phone, but I was just trying to double/triple check to make sure in case I misunderstood something about how it works.

48 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'd expect it'll be fine and everything will remain where it is when I log back into the game through my phone, but I was just trying to double/triple check to make sure in case I misunderstood something about how it works.

Sorry can’t answer this, i don’t switch between platforms. I don’t buy orbs either so not sure how switching devices affect paid orbs.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

I can confirm. The emulator is an Android one and I've swapped between it and my nephew's iPhone. If you earned 1 orb on iOS and 20 on Android, your 1 orb will still be there if you switch back to iOS. You're safe, just make sure you don't collect orbs on the device you aren't spending on, otherwise they'll be relegated to barracks space tokens.

@mampfoid This method is lightning. I've already maxed BK (who was initially at 1400 HM), Hector and both Palla and NY!Camilla who were in the lower 2000s. For the Clarisse, Navarre, Lloyd and Xander rotations I'm going to be switching to them because I can farm 3 units instead of two, but for the other days for the rest of this week? This is 100% my go to. I'm upgrading like clockwork.

Edited by Zeo

15 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Sorry can’t answer this, i don’t switch between platforms. I don’t buy orbs either so not sure how switching devices affect paid orbs.

It's alright, I decided to ball-up and go for it. I can confirm all my orbs are just fine on iOS, even though while playing on MEMU it's at 0. The 20 orbs from the April orb deal are just fine too. I just had to restart my phone/FEH to see the changes that had happened while on MEMU. So all is well!

Now my Camilla is currently 3 turn farming Robin's Infernal which is looking pretty good. Might be a little slow since I mapped some slower taps to hopefully keep it from doing anything weird if it gets out of sync.

@Zeo Saw your post as I posted, but thanks! I was probably being too paranoid, but I wanted to be on the safe side and ask.

Edited by Alkaid

6 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Might be a little slow since I mapped some slower taps to hopefully keep it from doing anything weird if it gets out of sync

That's what I'm doing too. It depends on internet connection, so better tap some buffer in. 

7 hours ago, Zeo said:

This method is lightning. I've already maxed BK (who was initially at 1400 HM), Hector and both Palla and NY!Camilla who were in the lower 2000s. For the Clarisse, Navarre, Lloyd and Xander rotations I'm going to be switching to them because I can farm 3 units instead of two, but for the other days for the rest of this week? This is 100% my go to. I'm upgrading like clockwork.

I don't farm Fliers (yet), there are so many mediocre Infantry units. Camilla is a good unit, I wish mine wasn't -SPD. 

lunatic 3 farm units > lunatic 2 farm units > hard 3 farm units

As long as you can farm 3 units on lunatic, daily GHBs are better than BHB lunatic with 2 units to farm HM. 

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

You are F2P? Didn't remember this, respect! 

@mampfoid The strats almost always involve the DEF Tactic seal which mostly limits my infantry farming. I can farm them for the BHB strat, I just happen to be doing fliers. Currently farming Luke (+HP/-ATK, whom I'll never use) Clive (perpetual benchwarmer whom I've never used) and Hinata (fury fodder, so he'll be in and out of my barracks.)

I'm in disbelief at how many feathers I've accumulated in such a short amount of time. I've gotten Nino to +8, given Faye her Guard Bow+ and even gave Lukas his first merge to bump him to +1. If I had the Matthews he'd already be +10. It's crazy. I don't know if this will last, but I'm going to max every unit I can, and it's smarter to focus on the units you don't use or plan on using.

It's funny though, I'm noticing that 150+ stock of crystals is slowly diminishing from all the mass auto-leveling to 40.

Hey! I'm F2P too! What about my respect? *cries in corner*

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Hey! I'm F2P too! What about my respect? *cries in corner*

Of course my utmost respect also to you! 

Didn't everyone buy the BK starter pack?

4 minutes ago, Zeo said:

It's funny though, I'm noticing that 150+ stock of crystals is slowly diminishing from all the mass auto-leveling to 40.

Since we got the Warriors maps first, I had always 1 copy of each unit leveled to 40 manually. I don't know what to do with those 994k of colorless crystals though ... 

8 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The strats almost always involve the DEF Tactic seal which mostly limits my infantry farming.

Usually the units that do the killing on farming strats are DC armors or DC infantry. Since armors work on most strats and infantry is the biggest to-farm fraction, that goes well with Tactic skills. 

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

You are F2P? Didn't remember this, respect! 

I was super tempted to break it back in the surprise Hero Fest 1 but I'm glad I didn't break in the end. It's more satisfying to see how lucky you can be without spending money. And whenever I do get bad sessions/banes, at least I don't feel as bad as if I spent money.

I'll probably just procrastinate on the BK pack forever. 

I should really be grinding HM as well in down times as well before the devs change it (if they change it)....but device battery life is a thing.

@Zeo Your respect is overshadowed by your Matthew achievements? :P

Edited by mcsilas