Hero Merit Grinding and Flaunting Mega Thread

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

This is great, but everyone who achieves this remember it's not an income, but a lump sum. When you've spent these feathers they're gone forever and you can never do this again. It may seem like they're infinite, but spend responsibly. It's back to 1-2 *5's a week afterwards.

Heh, I've run into the problem where I don't have anything I feel very strongly about spending on. I recently completed my Gwendolyn +10 and upgraded Florina's Quick Riposte to rank 3 (she also now has a Sapphire Lance+ available to her if I decide I really need it at some point), which leaves me with no real pressing projects. I could upgrade a number of things, but I've blown through most of my blessings, so I couldn't even really build stuff to contribute to AA (not while I've got a small queue of existing 5* units I want to give them to first). I do want to merge up F!Robin, but she doesn't have enough copies to motivate me to do it yet. I did do one merge on Lukas on a whim to fix his boon/bane (from -Atk to +Atk and then I swapped Fortress Def to Def +3—the damage swing is crazy), but I don't see myself doing this for too many other units. That's why I just stopped doing GHB HM farming (I still kind of do it for TT+ because I can auto-battle multiple maps and I'm also getting points toward other stuff).

Granted, I could also do a bit of skill building/upgrading for other units, but I'm a bit bottle-necked there on copies of SI fodder. I suppose if running budget armour emblem annoys me enough, I might consider throwing anti-armour weapons at Sheena or Gwendolyn, though (Wo Dao+ works well enough for Draug).

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zeo Congrats on (almost) finishing your HM list! Mine's pretty close, but I've been lazy lately and haven't farmed with my recently-acquired units. (I also can't do Sothe or Karel until I get new copies of them)

2njj5dV.jpg

I also relate to being frugal with feathers despite our current stashes. It does help that like @Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said, I don't have too many projects I'm really itching to work on either, or I'm missing copies of units I want to merge. I took this screenshot just after I started the one project I did want to work on, though, and I had 510k feathers before I began.

Spoiler

mj0eBQD.jpg

Unfortunately no luck getting a Carrot off the legendary banner, so that cost me another 20k for a Kaze to replace her weapon.

Had a good strategy for Infernal Robin to farm HM.

1. L!Hector with Distant Def 3 seal and Bonfire. (mine was Def+/Hp-, it won't work with Res-)
  2. Unit with Armor March 3 or Reposition, so L!Hector can move
  3. Unit with Even Res Wave 3 or Res Tactic 3 (RT2 is not enough)
  4. Flexible, you can put here a Lv.1 healer with Physic to train

Turn 1: Move L!Hector 2 space down next to the Res buff for next turn. 
Turn 2: Move L!Hector 2 space right into the enemy range. While Vengeful Fighter triggers, everyone who attack Hector dies.
Profit.

Edited by Garlyle

• 4 weeks later...

Guess this should go here. This week's rival domains HM grinding is a bit annoying due to how faraway the enemy's fortress is. That said, here's several strategies that all three common unit types: a ranged cavalry, a Wings of Mercy dancer without their weapon equipped, and a Wings of Mercy melee unit. The ranged cavalry needs to not be able to kill anyone, not do any damage to Seliph so that they will target Hawkeye instead and be able to survive against Seliph, Saizo, and maybe Tailtiu at a low enough HP that WoM will work. The WoM dancer also has to survive against Boey and Tiki which 4* Olivia is perfectly capable of doing. Silvia would have a field day considering her resistance is much higher and I think enemy Saizo should not be able to reach your dancer.

This one uses 4* Ursula on slot 8, a Wings of Mercy armor on slot 5, and a dancer on slot 6: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9lujai/rd_farm_with_4_ursula/. The OP says Ursula needs Death Blow unequipped, Fury 1, and Distant Def 3 seal where if you don't have Fury, just use the Distant Def 3 seal and Ursula should be in WoM2 range. The video shows the WoM armor using Reposition, but that isn't necessary and if anything, no assist skills would be better. If you don't have an assist on the armor, then they'll usually move forward to attack Tiki and the others with your dancer's help. I didn't want to give Reposition to the Black Knight or Fury to Ursula, so fiddled around with it and it works with 5* Black Knight having Swap and 4* Ursula with just a Distant Def 3 seal. I'm not sure if it'll work with a 4* Black Knight, but I would assume it would, and I think 5* Ursula works too, but this is supposed to be a fairly budget solution. Remember to take off Death Blow 2 from Ursula or she'll attack Seliph and not be on the defense tile to help her survive.

Also, if you have your WoM armor on slot 7 and another armor on slot 5, it will cause your WoM armor to move forward and be in range of the enemy. The Black Knight lives and he doesn't kill anyone, so it's fine if weird. Having your WoM armor on slot 7 also means you need Swap or an assist that will prevent them from moving forward to attack.

With this strategy, I got it to work with a 5* L'Arachel (+Spd, -HP) with a Fortress Res 1 seal since Ursula already had her HM capped for me and L'Arachel was a recent addition to my barracks. I think it could have worked with a 4* one and it might have had I not mistakenly kept my WoM armor on slot 7 instead of slot 5 when I tested it a few times. Anyway, L'Arachel's attack is too high with Light which makes sense since at 5*, L'Arachel has 33 base neutral attack to Ursula's 29 and as a 4*, she has 31 to Ursula's 26. With Fortress Def 1, this L'Arachel ends having 1 HP too many as Seliph only deals 14 damage to her out of her 30 HP. Fortress Res 1, however, still lowers her attack, but lets Seliph deal 4 more damage dropping her to 12/30 HP. Fortress Def 1 might work if she were -Def instead. Basically, I tried to get her to have a stat spread similar to 4* Ursula's: 33/32/30/17/28 where my L'Arachel with Fortress Res 1 equipped has 30/34/34/17/34. At 4* and with Fortress Def 1, she would have had 28/32/32/18/28 which might have worked with Distant Def 3 as her seal.

There are some other workarounds in the comments and you can use spring Catria, blue and green Olwen, CYL Veronica, etc., which other threads focus on.

For instance, this one uses 5* green Olwen who attacks Tailtiu instead of Hawkeye and in their edited comment, 5* Ethlyn with Assault equipped and a Close Def 3 seal on slot 8, a weaponless dancer who can survive against Tiki on slot 6, and a WoM melee unit preferably with their weakest weapon and nothing else equipped on slot 5: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9lwtrc/rd_farm_1061012/. The OP was able to get a 2 movement unit, namely, 4* Palla to work in addition to 5* Black Knight.

You will have 1 less HM unit slot for this strategy. 5* BH Lyn with Brave Bow and L&D1 on slot 8, a dancer on slot 6, a melee WoM unit with an assist skill on slot 3, a ranged WoM unit with less attack than BH Lyn on slot 2: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9lul20/rd_autobattle_4units_2turns_october_6th/. +Spd BH Lyn will work if you don't use L&D1, +HP or +Res BH Lyn will require WoM2 and up, and +Atk BH Lyn will need a Fortress Def 1 seal. One user in the comments was able to get groom Marth to work instead of the Black Knight who kept moving first for them.

This one uses 5* CYL Veronica (+HP, -Spd) with Assault equipped, Wrathful Staff unequipped, Defense +3 inherited and a Distant Def 3 seal on slot 8, a WoM melee unit where they used the Black Knight in the video on slot 5, and your dancer on slot 6: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9lxj3b/2turn_veronica_ftp_friendly_rd_feather_farm/. Excuse the incorrect turn count of this one, the OP miscounted. Neutral 5* Veronica should work, but -Def and -Res might not without something to boost her defensive stats further like Fortress Def 3 might work for a -Def Veronica. Veronica will attack Seliph unlike in the others where Hawkeye or Tailtiu get attacked.

I think there was one using Reinhardt, but I can't find the thread for some reason.

Edited by Kaden

A cheap strategy I found for this week that involve minimum skill inheritance is to use Ethlyn, Black Knight and a dancer. Ethlyn is bulkier than both Brave Lyn and Brave Veronica so she doesn't need to inherit any skills to tank hits. Black Knight already has Wings of Mercy but needs to switch to Iron Sword. When I use auto battle Ethlyn manages to get all the down to the defense tile, tank hits from Seliph and Tailtiu and survive with 3 HP. Saizo is unable to attack Ethlyn because Hawkeye ends up in the way.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

There are some other workarounds in the comments and you can use spring Catria, blue and green Olwen, CYL Veronica, etc., which other threads focus on.

Thanks for the idea, I use the same method but with bunny Carria and it worked. Going to rack up the feathers for the week.

Used last weeks RD strategy to grind up my newest ~10 units, but it was difficult to set up. Most strats involved Cordelia quatting Subaki and taking enough damage for WoM in the process. My Cordelia was buffed by Earth legendaries by her blessing, not to mention her +10 merge. I had to get her paniced with Def and ATK tactic active. 

The few remaining units will be grinded by good old GHB strats. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Simpsons138 said:

Any strategies for autobattle Camus F2P Lunatic or any of the Infernal maps?

Why Camus? Tuesday is Navarre day:

Tuesday: Navarre lunatic: 
Slot 1: BK 5* vanilla + Vantage + ATK smoke 2

Slots 2-4: unarmed/no assist

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Why Camus? Tuesday is Navarre day:

Tuesday: Navarre lunatic: 
Slot 1: BK 5* vanilla + Vantage + ATK smoke 2

Slots 2-4: unarmed/no assist

I know it’s Navarre, but I usually have a tool for my phone to do the autobattles, now that Abyssal was added, it was hard for me to do them on Lunatic without it going to Infernal by accident, that’s why I was asking for Camus because he doesn’t have an Abyssal map yet

Is there an Infernal strategy for Navarre?

13 hours ago, Simpsons138 said:

I know it’s Navarre, but I usually have a tool for my phone to do the autobattles, now that Abyssal was added, it was hard for me to do them on Lunatic without it going to Infernal by accident, that’s why I was asking for Camus because he doesn’t have an Abyssal map yet

Is there an Infernal strategy for Navarre?

So you run into problems with your Macro because the addition of the abyssal map changes the position of the lunatic "button"? 

What tool are you using? 

On 10/29/2018 at 6:45 AM, mampfoid said:

So you run into problems with your Macro because the addition of the abyssal map changes the position of the lunatic "button"? 

What tool are you using? 

Got iOS and I use Switch Control

13 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ok, didn't know such thing existed. Did you get it to work again? 

Wasn’t able to test Navarre, but the Infernal F!Robin is useful, my L!Hector is +Spd -Atk, but the damage is still good if he’s buffed in his defense, more dangerous if Summoner Support

Edited by Simpsons138

I lost patience and just equipped weapons to all units in the HM grinding brigade. They beat hard in 9 turns without anyone dying, which isn't optimal but good enough. 

Perhaps I could save some turns by unequipping assists and changing skills (Aversa's Night really helps here). 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Perhaps I could save some turns by unequipping assists and changing skills (Aversa's Night really helps here). 

At this point you can go back to farming GHBs.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

At this point you can go back to farming GHBs.

I'm still farming 6 of 7 units at once (too bad no more than 1 refresher is allowed, even with dance unequipped), I don't need to change skills and I just need to hit autobattle. 

/Edit: plus free SP for the new units. 

Edited by mampfoid

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'm still farming 6 of 7 units at once (too bad no more than 1 refresher is allowed, even with dance unequipped), I don't need to change skills and I just need to hit autobattle. 

/Edit: plus free SP for the new units. 

Twice the units for twice the time, huh? Doesn’t strike me as the most fair exchange.

The SP is the only saving grace of this method, it seems.

On 4.11.2018 at 8:01 PM, Vaximillian said:

Twice the units for twice the time, huh? Doesn’t strike me as the most fair exchange.

You are right, this works better: 

Map: Infernal

Position 1: Dancer (WoM/Dance)
Position 2: Cordelia (Brave+/TA3/Lunge/Galeforce)
Position 4: Ranged Cav (weapon/WoM)
Position 7: Ranged Infantry (weapon/WoM)

Rest of the units have their skills unequipped. Cordelia could equip simple Brave Lance if merged. I used Cordelia +10 (+0 should work too), flying Olivia, green Olwen and L!Lucina. 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Map: Infernal

Position 1: Dancer (WoM/Dance)
Position 2: Cordelia (Brave+/TA3/Lunge/Galeforce)
Position 4: Ranged Cav (weapon/WoM)
Position 7: Ranged Infantry (weapon/WoM)

I do have this, looks nice. I’ll give it a try by the end of the week. Lyn needs to give back at least something of what was spent on her.