DLC Pack 3 Discussion Topic

Ertrick36

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I still think they might be bitter at having been forced to put her in. She's hardly in any history map conversations either. Even the bonus ones (she's in one unless she shows up in the Awakening pack).

Granted, Lyn at least got one I think, but maybe they like her more.

Lianna got none and Rowan got one through the entire DLC, and they're the OCs for the game.

This isn't some scheme against Lucina.  Some characters simply got more focus for the DLC than others.  Maybe it is dev favoritism, but I doubt it's malicious like you seem to think.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wait, it's not called Armored Axe anymore? That's lame. Why go from an interesting name to something completely boring and generic?

Now I have even less interest in this pack...

Consistency, I guess. All of the names in Japanese are a 3 part name: Character's Name + Some Descriptor + Type of Weapon. Localization turned them into character name + weapon, but I'm not sure why. I suppose judging by the datamine, the original intent was to use the descriptor instead but they changed their minds for some reason. Maybe they didn't want you to think that "Cruel Bow" would do something different from "Lucky Bow" or that "Healing Axe" would, like, heal you?

e: To be clear they got truncated probably for character limits, but it seems like it'd be better to chunk off the character name isntead.

Edited by r_n

4 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Lianna got none and Rowan got one through the entire DLC, and they're the OCs for the game.

This isn't some scheme against Lucina.  Some characters simply got more focus for the DLC than others.  Maybe it is dev favoritism, but I doubt it's malicious like you seem to think.

Good grief, she didn't get one with her own cousin. It may not be malicious, but it's absurd to snub her when so many people like her.

Also, not liking other characters doesn't mean they like her. 

Edited by Arthur97

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I still think they might be bitter at having been forced to put her in. She's hardly in any history map conversations either. Even the bonus ones (she's in one unless she shows up in the Awakening pack).

Granted, Lyn at least got one I think, but maybe they like her more.

Yeah I've noticed that she doesn't have map conversations either while Niles gets plenty -.-. At this rate I'm surprised they gave her the bride costume.

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

Consistency, I guess. All of the names in Japanese are a 3 part name: Character's Name + Some Descriptor + Type of Weapon. Localization turned them into character name + weapon, but I'm not sure why. I suppose judging by the datamine, the original intent was to use the descriptor instead but they changed their minds for some reason. Maybe they didn't want you to think that "Cruel Bow" would do something different from "Lucky Bow" or that "Healing Axe" would, like, heal you?

e: To be clear they got truncated probably for character limits, but it seems like it'd be better to chunk off the character name isntead.

Yeah, if they had to just shorten the names because of character limitations, I don't have any idea why they wouldn't have just gone with Armored Axe, Healing Axe, and Lovely Lance.

2 minutes ago, charmedx3 said:

Yeah I've noticed that she doesn't have map conversations either while Niles gets plenty -.-. At this rate I'm surprised they gave her the bride costume.

Plus, an Oboro support should have happened.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, if they had to just shorten the names because of character limitations, I don't have any idea why they wouldn't have just gone with Armored Axe, Healing Axe, and Lovely Lance.

yeah it's a weird decision. Like, again, the only thing I can think of is they didn't want you to think these weapons has extra, secondary effects? Like yu'd expect the armored axe to maybe dull damage?

It's weird,if they ever do a sequel they should change that up. Add some spice!

Likewise it's weird they changed cordelia's weapon from the Gungnir

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Good grief, she didn't get one with her own cousin. It may not be malicious, but it's absurd to snub her when so many people like her.

Maybe she had more supports but were scrapped, like Camilla/Cordelia but earlier in development.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Plus, an Oboro support should have happened.

Yeah a lot of missed opportunities, at least she gets some special dialogue with both Owain and Oboro but a support conversation would have made sense. 

1 minute ago, charmedx3 said:

Yeah a lot of missed opportunities, at least she gets some special dialogue with both Owain and Oboro but a support conversation would have made sense. 

While we're talking about missed opportunities, they should have had a Chrom and Tharja support. I really don't like her, but so long as she isn't in stalker mode, it might have been interesting.

Also, Ceada with any of the Ylissean royals. They're her descendants too.

10 minutes ago, r_n said:

yeah it's a weird decision. Like, again, the only thing I can think of is they didn't want you to think these weapons has extra, secondary effects? Like yu'd expect the armored axe to maybe dull damage?

It's weird,if they ever do a sequel they should change that up. Add some spice!

Yeah, it's like they didn't care at all and decided to ignore what fans of these characters might've thought of it.

I myself am so giddy with myself at being able to play with Owain, Chrom and Robin shirtless

I don't care about anything else now this game is perfect for me <3

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

While we're talking about missed opportunities, they should have had a Chrom and Tharja support. I really don't like her, but so long as she isn't in stalker mode, it might have been interesting.

Also, Ceada with any of the Ylissean royals. They're her descendants too.

Ohh yeah that's another disappointment, Chrom & Tharja support was another of my wishlist, and yeah Caeda should have had a support with Owain to mirror the Lucina &  Marth one or with Lissa to begin with. I'm still mad that Owain didn't get one with Lucina ):<. Also Tharja & Leo would've been something.

One good thing is that at least the DLC SD characters finally got something with Awakening characters.

5 minutes ago, charmedx3 said:

Ohh yeah that's another disappointment, Chrom & Tharja support was another of my wishlist, and yeah Caeda should have had a support with Owain to mirror the Lucina &  Marth one or with Lissa to begin with. I'm still mad that Owain didn't get one with Lucina ):<. Also Tharja & Leo would've been something.

One good thing is that at least the DLC SD characters finally got something with Awakening characters.

I know Owain has one with Navarre. Not sure about the others.

If only there was a feedback option.

Edited by Arthur97

Im glad that even though Owain is a clone, he has a lot of different animations.

His Awakening finisher is so badass too! Definitely using him over Ryoma

That is definitely Karen Strassman on Olivia, no doubt in my mind.

I bumrushed to Tharja on her map hoping I could hear her name, and she never says it. Looks like I need to get supports...or go to GameFAQs, which I did, and apparently the J in her name is pronounced the same as in Rhajat, so a soft J or "zh" sound. Damn, I've gotten so used to saying "Thar-ya."

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So, it wasn't "You're familiar?"

No, it was more like "Hey, you don't have to follow me around, let's hang out together."

It was pretty cute, actually.

Olivia's antics are pretty cute, ngl. Although the voice gets annoying. It's a shame she doesn't have a support with Chrom, but her Xander support should be interesting.

5 hours ago, r_n said:

Oh wow, Olivia is crazy weak.

At level 50 promoted her attack is 38. 38!. She might be the weakest character in the game

If you're curious, the rest of her attacks at level 50 promotion:

404 HP
36 Def
33 Res
75 Skill
83 Speed
86 Luck

So her shtick is taking advantage of the best stats in the game at the loss of base line strength. I

She has a pretty quick moveset, which I think makes up for her lack of strength. Makes sense too, since she's just a dancer, and the majority of dancers in this series aren't good fighters anyways. The only exceptions being Phina and Lene (although they require investment. Olivia too for that matter, but she needs a lot more than the aforementioned 2).

Edited by Dandy Druid
spelling