Say something nice about your least favorite character

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/2/2018 at 8:21 PM, SoulWeaver said:

I dunno, she's still rude to pretty much everyone for no visible reason. If anything, I'd argue Fates hurt her for anyone who doesn't know her Awakening backstory, since in Awakening one of the reasons she became that way was to keep herself from getting hurt again, while in Fates she's just doing it because…habit, I guess. I'd also contend that her only real moment of growth in all of Fates is her A-Support with Caeldori, which a) requires you to be playing Revelations, b) requires you to marry her to Subaki, and c) requires you to spend the effort building her Support with her motherdaughter to A, which is something that I've seen a surprising number of players say they don't have time for otherwise I wouldn't mention it. If there are a dozen moments of self-reflection, I've missed like half of them, and I use her a lot, so I'd love to know where to look because I really like Severa and would like to like Selena, but she doesn't feel as relatable or understandable.

as someone who really likes severa as a character, I feel like I should say something here. The thing about Severa as a character is that she is very well developed character but that development needs to be used to initiate significant growth and with how awakening's support system works that's kind of hard to do. It's really only in fates do we actually see the results of the bits of growth we saw in awakening. As far as I can tell anyway that's the reason people tend to cite Selena as being better. Now as to my personal thoughts I agree with about 95% of what you said. The thing about Selena to me in fates is that her supports aren't as good as her awakening supports. All of her fates supports are very repetitive and kind of dull with a few exceptions(her support with beruka comes to mind here). Like they're not bad supports but they're not great either. Her awakening supports are IMO just leagues better. The reason being is because she has that child baggage and her awakening supports aim to explain and develop her character. The thing about asshole characters like severa is they're inherently interesting because they beg a lot of questions. Why is she such a b*tch? what exactly has she been through? why does she cry at the drop of a hat? you get the idea. Her awakening supports well answer these questions at least to the degree we gain a good understanding of who she is as a character. Her fates supports don't do this at least most of them don't anyway They do somewhat further develop her to show off some of the maturity she's had but IMO not enough. Anyway those are just my general thoughts so yeah. 

anyway more on topic: Jedah has a cool design I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Leon has better accuracy than Python. 
  • Delthea is a better mage than her older brother and their relationship is different from the typical FE. 
  • Faye has a cute design, her ending could lead to some interesting head canons, admitted that she was being rude to Silque and isn't rewarded for her obsessions. 
  • Soleil hires decent NPCs and has a nice design. To add, her supports and personality are so bland and one note that I have no guilt over not pairing Laslow with anyone. 
  • Ophelia is a better mage than her father or Nyx, her map has some very nice items and her personality is more tolerable than Soleil's. She's pretty much rule 63 Odin/Owain in personality so I won't miss much from not recruiting her. 
  • Iago's outfit is much better than the default sorcerer design. 
  • It's amusing to watch Hans 'die' in Ch. 3 due to his stupidity of attacking an opponent who is paired up, on a fort and has WTA against him. 
  • Female Corrin has better customization options than her male counterpart, support with Scarlet and a child unit isn't lost if you pair her with a first gen character. 
  • Male Corrin has the better class design for Nohr Noble. 
  • Both Corrins make me appreciate Chrom more. 
  • Peri is a good cook and her outfit design is better than the standard female cavalier design. 
  • Camilla is a good unit and most of her design was well done. 
  • Odin can utilize Nosferatu better than Nyx. 
  • Miriel and Laurent are decent mages and are smart?
  • Grima has an interesting backstory. 
  • Est has Mercurius in her inventory, a better design in Echoes and can be used as canon fodder. 
  • Heather has a nice design. 
  • Makalov is a good cavalier and has a likable sister
  • Riev has the irony of being a Bishop despite worshiping an evil dragon. 
  • Despite being (mostly) braindead, there are rewards for rescuing/protecting NPCs. 

Edited by Paris

On 4/2/2018 at 11:28 AM, MisfitMiju said:
  • Celica- Has a nice design and Erica Lindbeck is awesome
  • Faye- Cute
  • Corrin- Genuinely enjoyed their supports in warriors and appreciate that they're incredibly unique among the lords in terms of personality and design
  • Alm- Made me appreciate Marth and Eliwood that much more
  • Stahl-I'm not forced to use you so that's nice
  • Peri- Everything about her relationship with laslow is nice

"Erica Lindbeck is awesome" isn't an unpopular opinion at all. :P

2 hours ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

I already posted awhile ago, but I don’t know how I forgot about the absolute worst thing to ever come out of Fire Emblem.

Nowi has a cool design... only when she’s in her dragon form. It sort of reminds me of those leafy sea dragons.

latest?cb=20160804055539

leafy_seadragon.jpg

Pity her humanoid design isn't as good.

Caeldori may be garbage because of being an Awakening clone with no place in Fates but she does have one very important quality. Caeldori is arguably the best ''waifu'' for Siegbert who's a very solid character. I suppose she's also more visually distinct from her counterpart then her fellow clones. Asugi and Rhajat are Gaius and Tharja in different clothes but when comparing their sprites Caeldori also looks like a younger Cordelia rather then a Cordelia that merely happened to change her outfit. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Micaiah..... uh.... Micaiah is....

Vanessa is useful during the early portion of Sacred Stones, especially for saving the NPCs of Victims of War. The Restoration Queen script edit gives her a sweet paired ending with Lute.

I like Peri's cotton candy gradient hair.

Takumi is a fun unit in Heroes in his Empty Vessel form.

Micaiah...

Lugh and Raigh have a nice mother.

Ricken did his best to protect Maribelle.

Ross is the most viable of the trainee units.

I'll soon be able to kill Surtr with every single unit at my disposal, for without Muspellflame he is weak.

Micaiah... uh, Micaiah has a bird? That's nice I guess.

Edited by Stercus

21 hours ago, indigospace said:
  • Jamke has the Killer Bow, which he can give to Midir

What, did Jamke not release your liege?

Anyways, Peri. She's actually a halfway decent unit, pipping out plenty of other units in Fates to be honest. Aside from that, she must be some hairdressing innovator, because the two-tone is just so unlikely to be natural.

On 4/27/2018 at 2:25 PM, Dayni said:

What, did Jamke not release your liege?

Anyways, Peri. She's actually a halfway decent unit, pipping out plenty of other units in Fates to be honest. Aside from that, she must be some hairdressing innovator, because the two-tone is just so unlikely to be natural.

Given that her possible kids have normal blue hair, it’s probably dye.

Uhhh, Validar is devout?

On 4/1/2018 at 7:22 PM, ShadowAlchemist said:

Camilla has nice hair and a cool crown, and her backstory had a lot of potential. (sucks that IS reduced her to nothing but fanservice instead of expanding more on her backstory and giving her a personality outside of Corrin)

Niles is kind of handsome.

Peri has cute floofy hair and a good fashion sense.

I like Soleil’s art in Heroes.

Makalov... doesn’t have to be recruited unless you really need a steel sword. I can’t think of anything good about him really. (I don’t understand how so many people hate Ike so much though :( even if you hated him in RD, how can he be the most hated when this guy is in the same game?)

Malakov and Peri should be the main lord of their own game.

Fire Emblem: Shithead Caliviers.

5 hours ago, CyberController said:

Malakov and Peri should be the main lord of their own game.

Fire Emblem: Shithead Caliviers.

I disagree.  That sounds like it would turn into Horse Emblem and I absolutely hate that.

I do like Peri's hair, if nothing else about her.

Faye does have a great design.

Cordelia is a great unit.

Arthur (Fates) cracks me up with his bad luck.

Corrin has...uhh...I don’t know.

Priam's Sword is wonderful on anyone with armsthift being a 1-2 range sword that both isn't magical and isn't locked to swordmasters. If only it didn't come so late...

Validar: Defeating the pervious arc villains only benefited his plans, which is a good villain moment. Plus as an embodiment of determinism, it's satisfying to finally kill him and officially divert from the timeline. The fact that the fight against him was In Medias Res makes finally reaching it all the more exciting.