Valentia Accordion Translation Project Thread

15 minutes ago, r_n said:

"Snowfall in even random places" hm? I don't remember any snow until you cross the sluice gate, which is over in Rigel.

Haha, that did seem a little odd. Maybe they never used that aspect?

Timeline Part 8 of 8

Whoo, that was fun.

@Kirokan

Let me know when you can send over Tatiana's page : )

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Timeline Part 8 of 8

Whoo, that was fun.

@Kirokan

Let me know when you can send over Tatiana's page : )

HOLD UP!

... So does this mean that Gradivus actually ended up in Valentia? But if you defeat Camus in Shadow Dragon, you get Gradivus. Does this mean that canonically, Camus and Marth never fought? 

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

HOLD UP!

... So does this mean that Gradivus actually ended up in Valentia? But if you defeat Camus in Shadow Dragon, you get Gradivus. Does this mean that canonically, Camus and Marth never fought? 

I'm guessing they're reconning it so that Gradivus fell into the ocean with Camus? It would be odd since the weapon isn't mentioned in the Memory Prism, but that's the only way that would make sense since otherwise that means there's two Gradivus flying around Archanea. 

Speaking of Camus, it seems it's implied he got the mask he used for his Sirius persona from Conrad. 

Edit: Beaten on the Conrad bit.

Edited by Medeus

1 minute ago, Medeus said:

I'm guessing they're reconning it so that Gradivus fell into the ocean with Camus? It would be odd since the weapon isn't mentioned in the Memory Prism, that's the only way that would make sense since otherwise that means there's two Gradivus flying around Archanea. 

Speaking of Camus, it seems it's implied he got the mask he used for his Sirius persona from Conrad. 

You know, I can believe that. And Rigel may have found this lance separately from Camus, and the power behind it led it to be stored in a treasure chest. 

All this lore makes me think that an Archanean series remake is in order.

And yes, the mask coming from Conrad to Camus to become Sirius makes a lot of sense. I like it and it connects better.

"a person who no longer needed a mask"

I am laughing my ass off right now. xD Silliness!

"a theory"

"aquired something"

can't handle... xD

Edited by Sock

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

Duma and Mila did die in the end, but the case in dragons is that they generally have a lot of lifespan, particularly the Earth Dragons, they are put to a deep sleep. Medeus was said to have been "slain" twice, but he revives in both occasions with the final one being his final death.

Mila and Duma's remains ultimately became the Mila Tree and Demon's Ingle, so its safe to say that they have died for good.

36 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

It seems to depend on the situation.

It's not really clear whether Mila's sealing was lethal or not, but it's been shown in Awakening that dragon spirits can commune from beyond the grave. That said, Mila did seal the Falchion upon being slain, presumably by petrifying herself. In any case it matters not: if the Falchion didn't kill Mila, then having her petrified corpse shattered down to a head did.

Given that Grima's past sealing left behind a fossilized skeleton in Plegia, Grima definitely got killed. If anything, the sealing prevents him from coming back to life for a period of time.

Thanks for the answers, it helped clear some things up. I'm still curious about Duma's line about "not disturbing their slumber." Did he just not want to use the word "die" or "death", or did he not truly know whether or not he and Mila would fully be dead, and didn't jump the gun? Or did he think that someone might try to contact them from beyond the grave, and decided to warn them not to bother? Or am I overthinking this and it's there just to sound poetic?

8 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Timeline Part 8 of 8

Whoo, that was fun.

Slightly disappointed we didn't hear about the major events in Alm and Celica's reign, but I can live with that. My imagination can fill in those details. And I can always hope for an expansion pack, DLC, or a sequel.

So, they kept the Thabes Labyrinth visit ambiguous in-universe. Smart move on their part.

Cool (and a bit humorous) to see that Siruis got his mask from Conrad. I can only guess what the latter thought of it afterwords. Especially since the War of Heroes seemed to start right after another one ended.

Interesting to see that Alm was referenced as Rudolf II. I wonder if this is a call-back to the original Gaiden, where he was called such by Rigelian soldiers after slaying Rudolf, but became Alm I after the events of the game.

Well, this was very fun to read! Thank you very much for sharing this with us!

I joked about Zeke going up to Conrad after the war and just asking, "So, where can I get a mask like that?", but I didn't expect them to have the mask actually be Conrad's.

37 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

HOLD UP!

I think it's easier to assume Marth never got the Gradvius. So far as retcons go, ignoring a game mechanic (dropped weapons) is pretty easy.

Also very cute to make the post game quasi-canon. 

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is too much! The power of rich world-building and characterization! I, I, I can't comment in detail on all of it at this time! 

But, I WILL say that I am CERTAIN FE Switch has the POTENTIAL to do AMAZING in the world-building department now. However, they should really really try to put in the actual game instead so people will pick up on it while playing. Instead of just a handful of devotees finding out later, with the masses stuck in their impressions without it.

And I'll add that this "snow in warm places thing" smells like somebody wanted to reference the Ending Winter to me. Massive change in draconic power in world induces snow where snow shouldn't be. Not saying the events are the same event, they obviously aren't, only that the SoV writers might have drawn inspiration from it.

I'm disappointed they don't explain exactly what happened to Valentia pre-Walhart though. Could they have said: "Grima rises and the One Kingdom, long on the internal decline, finally fragments into countless pieces in the chaos. The Kingsfang Falchion is lost, OR, it is fused by Naga with the Anri Falchion into a single blade- the Exalted Falchion. When the Gemstones it is decided are to be scattered, Jos'eon, a close friend of First Exalt and a fellow soldier, is entrusted Vert and goes on to found Chon'sin."

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

I think it's easier to assume Marth never got the Gradvius. So far as retcons go, ignoring a game mechanic (dropped weapons) is pretty easy.

But how did Dark Emperor Hardin then get it?

Thank the writers at IS, and thank you Kirokan and Vincent for your translation work. This does so much for Valentia and makes me and fellow FE fans so happy.

36 minutes ago, Hawkwing said:

Thanks for the answers, it helped clear some things up. I'm still curious about Duma's line about "not disturbing their slumber." Did he just not want to use the word "die" or "death", or did he not truly know whether or not he and Mila would fully be dead, and didn't jump the gun? Or did he think that someone might try to contact them from beyond the grave, and decided to warn them not to bother? Or am I overthinking this and it's there just to sound poetic?

Probably in regards to how this was Duma's original line in Gaiden. In Gaiden, there is still massive debate about Mila and Duma probably being true gods rather than dragons, or if they were dragons from the get go. 

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm disappointed they don't explain exactly what happened to Valentia pre-Walhart though. Could they have said: "Grima rises and the One Kingdom, long on the internal decline, finally fragments into countless pieces in the chaos. The Kingsfang Falchion is lost, OR, it is fused by Naga with the Anri Falchion into a single blade- the Exalted Falchion. When the Gemstones it is decided are to be scattered, Jos'eon, a close friend of First Exalt and a fellow soldier, is entrusted Vert and goes on to found Chon'sin."

Jos'eon? 

I am also wondering why they didn't expand on this. However, I'll assume this is due to how this lore they would want to explain later on in the series. Like an Awakening remake. Or another game that is about the First Exalt. 

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But how did Dark Emperor Hardin then get it?

The Whitewings took it back to Archanea. Since it was a national treasure of the Archanean Empire, they likely returned it to Nyna.

So Gradivus canonically ended up in Valentia. Interesting. Meanwhile, im guessing that Parthia and Mercurius are just replicas then? Because Gradivus is the only one that you don't have to grind for.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Jos'eon? 

I am also wondering why they didn't expand on this. However, I'll assume this is due to how this lore they would want to explain later on in the series. Like an Awakening remake. Or another game that is about the First Exalt. 

I made up the person's name and existence. I chose that specifically because

The Joseon dynasty (also transcribed as Chosŏn or Chosun, Korean: 조선; also known as Joseon of the House of Yi, Korean: 리조조선; officially the Kingdom of Great Joseon, Korean: 대조선국) was a Korean dynastic kingdom that lasted for approximately five centuries.

The naming scheme and aesthetics of Chon'sin doesn't seem Japanese to me. And given Choson/Chosun and Chon'sin look very similar, I think it must be Korean.

We can't be absolutely sure, since Awakening never shows us what Chon'sin is like besides a tomb and two characters, we don't even know its exact location/boundaries, only that it is somewhere in the deep south. Which is more than we can say of Roseanne though (I'd guess that'd be in the east).

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So Gradivus canonically ended up in Valentia. Interesting. Meanwhile, im guessing that Parthia and Mercurius are just replicas then? Because Gradivus is the only one that you don't have to grind for.

Hmm. Perhaps these ones are like how Tyrfing is for Falchion. The weapons' appearances is a cultural thing among dragons so some weapons sharing names and/or appearance wouldn't be too farfetched. For all we know, the three Regalia of Archanea just happen to be inspiration for other weapons made to imitate them

Edited by silveraura25

44 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Parthia and Mercurius are not canonically attained. It has to be forged from a maxed forged Blessed Sword and Bow. 

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Parthia and Mercurius are not canonically attained. It has to be forged from a maxed forged Blessed Sword and Bow. 

That's why i said replicas. 

Feels like my passion for Fire Emblem has been rekindled. There's just something about Archanea that gets me, captivates me. And now Valentia, thanks to Echoes, is doing the same thing. There's so much depth, so much...ah, I don't know what it is. All of this extra information, the worldbuilding, the connections, the little things... It's like a dream come true! There's so much wonderful information!

Praise be for this book.

And thank you to the translators, here and elsewhere, for helping people receive this information. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Good grief I'm crying...

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I'm surprised that no one mentioned the part where the Timeline 8 mentions there being rumors of Alm and Celica actually departing to Archanea at one point. 

Wouldn't this confirm that they DID unleash Grima?

It seems like they don't want to directly state if Alm and Celica did or did not go to Thabes and leave it open to interpretation.

9 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I'm surprised that no one mentioned the part where the Timeline 8 mentions there being rumors of Alm and Celica actually departing to Archanea at one point. 

Wouldn't this confirm that they DID unleash Grima?

In addition to what @Chconroy said, there's nothing about their excursion that claims they unleashed grima at all. Grima was already there, awakened, in a crumbling prison. There's nothing that implies they woke it up or empowered it or set it loose. Considering its size and relative power, it's probably still young (relatively speaking) and just hasn't broke out on its own.

Honestly, I was surprised that the Gradivus in Valentia and Archanea are supposed to be one and the same. It is a bit of a stretch to me, but I guess you can hand-wave it.

It's a bit annoying since they already introduced an explanation as to why there can be multiple Gradivus or any Regalia--by forging Blessed weapons.

But I can understand if they wanted to backpedal and claim only one of each Regalia exists canonically.

EDIT

There is a seal preventing anyone from getting in and Grima from getting out. So somebody must have broken it, unless Grima got that powerful.

Edited by VincentASM

7 minutes ago, Chconroy said:

It seems like they don't want to directly state if Alm and Celica did or did not go to Thabes and leave it open to interpretation.

3 minutes ago, r_n said:

In addition to what @Chconroy said, there's nothing about their excursion that claims they unleashed grima at all. Grima was already there, awakened, in a crumbling prison. There's nothing that implies they woke it up or empowered it or set it loose. Considering its size and relative power, it's probably still young (relatively speaking) and just hasn't broke out on its own.

True. However, Grima had been lying low if he was released back then for a rather long time. Knowing Grima, he would most likely try to make attacks and would have been stopped. 

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

Honestly, I was surprised that the Gradivus in Valentia and Archanea are supposed to be one and the same. It is a bit of a stretch to me, but I guess you can hand-wave it.

It's a bit annoying since they already introduced an explanation as to why there can be multiple Gradivus or any Regalia--by forging Blessed weapons.

But I can understand if they wanted to backpedal and claim only one of each Regalia exists canonically.

Was there an explanation on the Blessed Weapons being Regalia? Cause otherwise, only Gradivus is mentioned to be legit.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I made up the person's name and existence. I chose that specifically because

The Joseon dynasty (also transcribed as Chosŏn or Chosun, Korean: 조선; also known as Joseon of the House of Yi, Korean: 리조조선; officially the Kingdom of Great Joseon, Korean: 대조선국) was a Korean dynastic kingdom that lasted for approximately five centuries.

The naming scheme and aesthetics of Chon'sin doesn't seem Japanese to me. And given Choson/Chosun and Chon'sin look very similar, I think it must be Korean.

We can't be absolutely sure, since Awakening never shows us what Chon'sin is like besides a tomb and two characters, we don't even know its exact location/boundaries, only that it is somewhere in the deep south. Which is more than we can say of Roseanne though (I'd guess that'd be in the east).

I feel like they're meant to be a mish-mash of asian countries but with a slight bent to Japan. Say'ri's support with M-Robin are all about ah yes famous "chon'sin" armors and swords and rice dishes and let me regal you with tales of cherry blossoms.It's all imagry I feel is usually trotted out for "this is not-japan". I think F-Robin's supports are slightly different and bring in other stuff? Been a while since I read those.

So maybe a specific mix of Japan, China & Korea?