Valentia Accordion Translation Project Thread

7 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

I think it is the First Exalt and Naga actually. The timeline leaves Alm and Celica going into Thabes ambiguous, but we do know that The First Exalt was the one who sealed Grima, and he would have needed Naga's power to do it.

But the First Exalt is from a thousand later after Almica/Marth. First Exalt is a dragon/manakete? My brain... That would explain being "mistaken" for dragons, though.

Edited by Sock

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But Alm is never depicted with azure flames (or any flames). The only thing that comes close is Scendscale but that's a massive stretch since it's a Monado Buster giant beam of light, not flames. Celica with wings, maybe. Isn't that one of her moves in Warriors?

I think it is the First Exalt and Naga actually. The timeline leaves Alm and Celica going into Thabes ambiguous, but we do know that The First Exalt was the one who sealed Grima, and he would have needed Naga's power to do it. There is also no pictures of Celica with wings or of her with a pegusus (which could create the illusion of wings) so the female being her doesn't make much sense.

Honestly, I don't think it was by all means literal sense. Rather, its the aura that the people observed. Alm's powerful presence and having Duma's blood presents Alm's aura to be fierce and powerful capable of burning all that challenge him. Meanwhile Celica's gentleness and having Mila's blood gives her an angelic presence, so she is a maiden with wings.

And Scendscale is when Alm fully embraces the power of Duma within him, reflected by Duma's Brand shining.

I was actually thinking about those lines when I read through that passage. Grima was never really given much of a chance, and I'm always a sucker for that stuff.

No one ever fully raised him. If anything, I think Grima is in fact everything that Tiki COULD have been. Remember how Naga sought to kill Tiki for fear of her power? Same case here. 

4 minutes ago, r_n said:

If he went into dragon territory he probably snuck past a ton of feral dragons. If that happened there may not even be any divine dragons for him to get the blood.

I don't see this dweeb standing to any divine dragon, much less able to successfully trick them into giving up blood.

Ah, I see where you are mistaken. Understand this. This event took place BEFORE the decline of the dragons. There WERE no feral dragons back then. So he would likely never dealt with any feral dragon, but must have used some form of magic or trick to attaining the blood. Whatever he did, it was risky. But the very risk makes sense for Forneus.

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Also, I double checked. The rite of awakening requires you to be bathed in Naga's  flames. We never see what color those flames are, but Awakening & Naga in general have a tendency to blues...

*inhales*

Wait a minute

From Cordelia's Supports with Donnel

Yes. She lived back in the legendary times of the first exalt of Ylisse. She was his greatest knight and his most stalwart defender. She watched over him like the sun itself, swooping down to dispatch foes. The slow, heavy knights feared her aerial dance most of all. At night they huddled together and told tales of a death-dealing lance from the sky.

Azure flames=First Exalt

Maiden with wings=This Pegasus Knight.

Ah, but they came from the west, didn't they. The First Exalt is Marth's descendant so he can't come from the west. Ah fuck it, i give up.

1 minute ago, Sock said:

But the First Exalt is from a thousand later after Almica/Marth. First Exalt is a dragon/manakete? My brain...

I think the whole dragon/manakete thing is the narrator seeing them after Naga has given them their blood to be able to use Falchion to seal Grima. It is possible that it slightly altered their appearance or gave them the aura of a god which was the other description they used for them. Assuming the other one is Naga then they could also just have gotten a clearer look at Naga (since the other person is enveloped in flames), and just assumed the other person was similar.

Personally, I find interest on the calamity said to also come from the western sea. Considering the description:

An ancient fell god driven yonder by the divine dragons' ruler,
holding a grudge against the land of Archanea, shall return---

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Personally, I find interest on the calamity said to also come from the western sea. Considering the description:

That's Duma. He has a grudge against Naga. But got sidetracked by happenings in Valentia and then madness muddled up anything he was planning Archanea-wise.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Isn't it refering to Duma? I mean, he fought Naga and ended going to Valentia (the west) and clearly had a grudge against Archanea, building a tower facing said continent.

I am just as confused, honestly, haha.

I am torn between the pair being Alm and Celica or someone and Naga. Although when they talk about dragons, I have a feeling it is supposed to be read literally. I'll have to see if I can dig up any new info.

The calamity from the west confuses me as well. This is actually mentioned in game when you visit Furia.

Also, I was thinking of Ike, but he's not a dragon unless he blood-bonded. Even still, he's the hero of "blue" flames, not azure. But that could be the historian's choice of words...

3 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I am just as confused, honestly, haha.

I am torn between the pair being Alm and Celica or someone and Naga. Although when they talk about dragons, I have a feeling it is supposed to be read literally. I'll have to see if I can dig up any new info.

The calamity from the west confuses me as well. This is actually mentioned in game when you visit Furia.

Also, I was thinking of Ike, but he's not a dragon unless he blood-bonded. Even still, he's the hero of "blue" flames, not azure. But that could be the historian's choice of words...

Well, was it really azure? Was it in Katakana or Kanji? Because if it's Kanji and it matches Ike's title... then again, I find it unlikely they're really referring to him.

I could almost think the calamity refers to Grima. But he... well, from where did he showed up in the first place anyway. Even if he simply left Thabes he still had to have time to bond with someone before going all DESTROY on Ylisse... maybe he went to Valm before coming back to Ylisse... who knows... but then the driven out matches more Duma than him.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, was it really azure? Was it in Katakana or Kanji? Because if it's Kanji and it matches Ike's title... then again, I find it unlikely they're really referring to him.

Oh yeah, here is the Japanese text if anybody wants to scrutinise it.

碧き炎をまとったかのような勇者と、輝く羽を持つ乙女であった。
あれは・・・・・神々しこ、あるいは竜の者たちが持つ竜玉の、

Yeah, it is azure; as in, it's a different kanji versus the one in Ike's title.

Although... I just remembered. "Azure-flame" is the Japanese name for Vert, one of the five gemstones in Awakening's Fire Emblem. Guess where Vert is in Awakening? In Chon'sin...

Why are you confused about the calamity? It's obviously Duma. He is called the Fell God, and he has a grudge against Naga. Seriously, that's by far the easiest one to understand.

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

Oh yeah, here is the Japanese text if anybody wants to scrutinise it.

碧き炎をまとったかのような勇者と、輝く羽を持つ乙女であった。
あれは・・・・・神々しこ、あるいは竜の者たちが持つ竜玉の、

Yeah, it is azure; as in, it's a different kanji versus the one in Ike's title.

Although... I just remembered. "Azure-flame" is the Japanese name for Vert, one of the five gemstones in Awakening's Fire Emblem. Guess where Vert is in Awakening? In Chon'sin...

Uh... I am quite sure that Vert is "Green Flame".

Edited by omegaxis1

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Why are you confused about the calamity? It's obviously Duma. He is called the Fell God, and he has a grudge against Naga. Seriously, that's by far the easiest one to understand.

Oh yeah, it makes sense from the Valentia Accordion. It was just confusing in Echoes, where they left it vague. For a moment, I thought Alm and Celica were the calamity...

2 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

For a moment, I thought Alm and Celica were the calamity...

Oh I did too for a moment in my first trip to Furia. xD And I mean, Almica end up "releasing" Grima, right? That's sounds like a calamity.

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Uh... I am quite sure that Vert is "Green Flame".

Oh yeah, the kanji refers to a blue/green colour, so it can be read as blue or green, depending on the context.

Like the blue colour of the sea or skies.

Do we know where is Jugdral? I don't think it's likely , but if Sigurd is Chrom's ancestor someone from his line has to have come to Archanea before SD/Echoes, and those ancestor could be carring their holy weapon, which if I remember correctly had dragonstones or something like that. Though I don't think thi is likely at all.

9 minutes ago, Sock said:

That's Duma. He has a grudge against Naga. But got sidetracked by happenings in Valentia and then madness muddled up anything he was planning Archanea-wise.

9 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

Isn't it refering to Duma? I mean, he fought Naga and ended going to Valentia (the west) and clearly had a grudge against Archanea, building a tower facing said continent.

I actually assumed that line was Grima because he is supposed to be the calamity from the western seas and Valentia is in the East isn't it? Looking at Awakening's world map Archanea is in the west and the Valmese continent is in the East. Plus it ties into my theory that the two people are the First Exalt and Naga because that passage would be about them entering into Thabes to seal him.

27 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Honestly, I don't think it was by all means literal sense. Rather, its the aura that the people observed. Alm's powerful presence and having Duma's blood presents Alm's aura to be fierce and powerful capable of burning all that challenge him. Meanwhile Celica's gentleness and having Mila's blood gives her an angelic presence, so she is a maiden with wings.

And Scendscale is when Alm fully embraces the power of Duma within him, reflected by Duma's Brand shining.

I'm just assuming that those paragraphs are talking about the first time he was sealed although it being an art book about Echoes it would make sense for it to be them as well. I was just never able to figure out when Alm and Celica would have had the time to go to Thabes and go one on one with Grima, or even why they would do so? That is why, for me, it would make more sense for it to be about the First Exalt and Naga. Both would also fit with the final paragraph in that passage being about how the narrator first encountered Grima.

36 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

No one ever fully raised him. If anything, I think Grima is in fact everything that Tiki COULD have been. Remember how Naga sought to kill Tiki for fear of her power? Same case here.

That actually made me realize why Grima could have been so much weaker in Echoes then in Awakening. Forneus most likely trying to kill him before he was actually born in the tecnical sense. He was still in a womb of sorts and in the middle of gestation so Forneus forced him to be born prematurely, but even at that stage he had enough power to kill him for doing so. He most likely did it out of self defense and without knowing what he was doing, but even at conception he was shown to have great power to begin with.

3 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

Valentia is in the East isn't it? Looking at Awakening's world map Archanea is in the west and the Valmese continent is in the East.

You're compass is reversed. Valentia/Valm is the western continent and Archanea/Ylisse is the eastern continent.

10 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

I actually assumed that line was Grima because he is supposed to be the calamity from the western seas and Valentia is in the East isn't it? Looking at Awakening's world map Archanea is in the west and the Valmese continent is in the East. Plus it ties into my theory that the two people are the First Exalt and Naga because that passage would be about them entering into Thabes to seal him.

The "left" in a map is the west, while the "right" is the east. That's why China/Japan are in the east and America in the west, the name "western" of the movie genre, and the "wild west" should make it quite obvious. 

9 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

Yeah, you're definitely mixing the compass here. Valentia is the west, and Archanea the east. The only time what you said made sense is if you're basing this off of the world map from Complete, where it shows Archanea to be the western continent.

11 minutes ago, YingofDarkness said:

That actually made me realize why Grima could have been so much weaker in Echoes then in Awakening. Forneus most likely trying to kill him before he was actually born in the tecnical sense. He was still in a womb of sorts and in the middle of gestation so Forneus forced him to be born prematurely, but even at that stage he had enough power to kill him for doing so. He most likely did it out of self defense and without knowing what he was doing, but even at conception he was shown to have great power to begin with.

He wasn't actually inside a womb. He was inside a vial. And somehow a very big one since he eventually grew the size of a puppy. 

But Grima wasn't necessarily good. He clearly had dark and violent thoughts and had destructive urges. 

Just gonna mention that the recipe for Grima is more or less how the alchemist Paracelsus described the creation of a homunculus, less the dragon's blood. This also leaves no doubt as to which human fluid was used.

This just occurred to me, but exactly WHEN did this event with Forneus occur? For Forneus to have gone out to have taken Divine Dragon Blood, it's clearly he must have had no awareness of the fact that Thabes had been destroyed since there's no mention. So this happened before Duma had Thabes destroyed.

Then that means that Forneus got Divine Dragon Blood and experimented on Grima, but then got killed. This must be around the time when the Senate began dispatching messengers and soldiers. They found Grima instead and got killed by him. 

9 minutes ago, Fëanen said:

Just gonna mention that the recipe for Grima is more or less how the alchemist Paracelsus described the creation of a homunculus, less the dragon's blood. This also leaves no doubt as to which human fluid was used.

Yeah, Grima was no doubt a homunculus, which fits when you remember that Forneus is called an alchemist.

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

"Unexpected Things"

(From a historian's transcripts)

In the dark night, I witnessed fireflies, then thousands upon thousands of death.
In the darkness, there could have been a dawn.
Darkness has a will of its own, and it mockingly laughs at each life.

That fishing village was "unusual".
Everyone seemed to give me a deadly stare.
The shadows from the western sea that I saw, they were "unusual".

I heard the following old stories from those who lived in Furia for a long time.
It is said that a great calamity shall come here from the western seas.
An ancient fell god driven yonder by the divine dragons' ruler,
holding a grudge against the land of Archanea, shall return---
Therefore, they train in combat. To prepare to face the unknown horror.
So that's why the air in Furia Harbour feels so thick and tense.

When the Furians reach adulthood, it is said they test their bravery
by visiting the ancient city ruins in the north of the eastern desert.
The ruins are home to ruffians, and sometimes Terrors appear.
They are taught to travel the desert, where the horizons are naught but sand,
until they suddenly see the abandoned tower.
That tower is the tower of Thabes, the ruins' landmark.

That day, it was not the calamity that came from the western seas.
A hero that seemed to be cloaked in azure flames, and a maiden with shining wings.
They were... gods, or dragonkin with dragonstones;
a mysterious group that livened the place with their awesome presence.
But, in other words, they were "unusual"---
My curiosity gave me no choice but to follow them.

"It", suddenly was "there";
emotions beyond my knowledge awakened inside of me.
Fear, awe and despair---

Sealed with a Secret

Here are accounts left behind by various people.
These writings were carved on stone tablets retrieved from the depths of the Thabes Labyrinth;
they recounted a madness incomprehensible to common folk.
An abominable darkness within the Archanean continent where man and dragon co-existed.
Perhaps the inevitable outcome is--it is not safe to divulge.
If you are unfortunate to uncover these pages, I would recommend that you keep everything to yourselves.
--At the very least, it no longer has anything to do with me--

Hold the phone. What time period are these events from? And when were these stone tablets retrieved? Is this perhaps describing a separate event to Almica's supposed-excursion? Maybe something from centuries later. Crack theories, go!

Also what's the deal with "unusual" being in quotations three times? Makes me think the person writing is unusual, hell it could be Grima in human form escaped from his prison with a memory-wipe and then getting close to Thabes re-awakened his memories.

I have so many ridiculous theories floating around my head.

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

This must be around the time when the Senate began dispatching messengers and soldiers.

Thabes is...destroyed... Wow, wait, what?!

It was never rebuilt, was it?

Is THIS why Duma set out to destroy Thabes in the first place? Too powerful, indeed.

Edited by Sock

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Azure flames? Makes me think of Ike... Hero of the Blue Flame is his title, after all... Ike is a dragon retcon confirmed! Now we now what eventually lead to Priam. lol

*Struggles to hold back the bile rising within*

NO! Keep Tellius in its own world! Ashunera better not be retconned into an incarnation of Naga. I have nothing against Archandraltia (I think by this point we could use a name for the entire planet), but Tellius must be kept pure!

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

That day, it was not the calamity that came from the western seas.
A hero that seemed to be cloaked in azure flames, and a maiden with shining wings.
They were... gods, or dragonkin with dragonstones;
a mysterious group that livened the place with their awesome presence.
But, in other words, they were "unusual"---
My curiosity gave me no choice but to follow them.

"It was not"? So there was no menace from the west despite fears one would come. Duma was that menace, but never came because Alm and Celica slew him.

In my confusion, it sounds like Grima never took over the world, the Exalt just came and slew them. Unless this was not the Exalt, it could be Alm and Celica .

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

Oh yeah, the kanji refers to a blue/green colour, so it can be read as blue or green, depending on the context.

Like the blue colour of the sea or skies.

Pictures of the Geosphere/Vert:

earthorbGeosphereGeosphere TCGFireEmblemFE3350?cb=20170223042948

So with the exception of SD/NM, which made the Starsphere a light whitish blue, Vert has leaned heavily into the green camp. But often a sea green, which allows for it to be called green-blue. Also, the Starsphere ended up in Valm when all was over.