Valentia Accordion Translation Project Thread

Just now, Jotari said:

I reckon they didn't have Yune protect everyone is because they hadn't fitted Bastian and Renning into the plot before that point, and they also wanted Caineghis to show up in the finale.

Yeah, so they stuck with, "fuck it, we'll say that the strong will conveniently be unaffected by a beam sent by the most powerful entity on Tellius. Cause that makes perfect sense!"

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was being a bit too bitter there I admit.

11 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Actually, it has been Yune that guided all the Apostles. This is because according to Yune, Ashera has kept herself isolated from others, which is what made her become as cold as she did, when she actually wasn't this cold back then. If she communicated with the Apostles, that implies she was not isolated. Yune's love for the others is because she was never isolated and thus continued to love the species.

Actually, I went to find the lines and all I could find was this:

Spoiler

Yune:
“Ashera and I see things a little differently… During my long sleep, I was wrapped in sweet, gentle music.”

Ike:
“Heron galdrar?”

Yune:
“Yes, but more important than the song itself, I was never alone. There was always someone, singing comfort to me. Ashera shouldn’t have isolated herself. She became lonely and bitter, and lost touch with her people…”

Music, someone to comfort her, that is all she had. She did not necessarily speak to the Apostles. Ashera could have dictated messages from on high to the Apostles below who could receive her word, but not partake of the world itself. Yune never claims to have spoken with all the Apostles.

Eh, with Echoes, even pre-Awakening Naga is clearly powerful, as her power clashing with Duma and Mila basically resulted in the entire heaven and earth shaking and catastrophic damage being dealt. 

I meant before Awakening existed, not before it chronologically. Before Awakening existed, Naga was the Divine Dragon leader, she led dragonkind through prosperity and decline, and helped humanity in two continents and made some powerful objects, a very strong mortal, but that was the end of it. She died and never reincarnated (and Nagi in itself wasn't a bad idea). She had nothing to do with Valentia, because that connection was not made until SoV, she had nothing to do with time-space travel.

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah, so they stuck with, "fuck it, we'll say that the strong will conveniently be unaffected by a beam sent by the most powerful entity on Tellius. Cause that makes perfect sense!"

And does it make sense Lucina did not say to Chrom "eradicate the Grimleal at all costs, collect the Gemstones just in case, Robin is the blood of Grima, and Walhart is going to attack us"? Even if Lucina never saw Robin become Grima and didn't know it, shouldn't the much-knowing Naga have known and told her? That the other kids did absolutely nothing? Every plot has its issues. Nergal had like five chances to win, but missed them all. Anankos had untold numbers of chances. Julius as many if not more. Medeus just lets Marth waltz to the door of Dolhr in FE1, Gharnef is even worse. Zephiel and Ashnard might be some of the only biggest bads who don't make many glaring issues.

I don't mind Caineghis surviving the blast being a Laguz King, nor the main group of heroes, I can understand the criticism of Bastian and Tormod though. Tormod was poorly handled and Bastian and Izuka just had to be crammed in somewhere, but wasn't exactly the best way.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Music, someone to comfort her, that is all she had. She did not necessarily speak to the Apostles. Ashera could have dictated messages from on high to the Apostles below who could receive her word, but not partake of the world itself. Yune never claims to have spoken with all the Apostles.

True. However, the one that could sing the galdr are only the herons and the Apostles. Mist and her mother could merely only hum it. If she has been always being sung to, that would mean the other apostles might have, since they know the song by blood.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I meant before Awakening existed, not before it chronologically. Before Awakening existed, Naga was the Divine Dragon leader, she led dragonkind through prosperity and decline, and helped humanity in two continents and made some powerful objects, a very strong mortal, but that was the end of it. She died and never reincarnated (and Nagi in itself wasn't a bad idea). She had nothing to do with Valentia, because that connection was not made until SoV, she had nothing to do with time-space travel.

Ah. Yes, I would agree that before Awakening, Naga was not in Ashera and Yune's league at all. She was just a very powerful mortal. I would still argue she's stronger than Dheginsea though. XP

But since Grima is this all powerful world eater and all that, Naga was allowed to step up her game. 

And does it make sense Lucina did not say to Chrom "eradicate the Grimleal at all costs, collect the Gemstones just in case, Robin is the blood of Grima, and Walhart is going to attack us"? Even if Lucina never saw Robin become Grima and didn't know it, shouldn't the much-knowing Naga have known and told her? That the other kids did absolutely nothing? Every plot has its issues. Nergal had like five chances to win, but missed them all. Anankos had untold numbers of chances. Julius as many if not more. Medeus just lets Marth waltz to the door of Dolhr in FE1, Gharnef is even worse. Zephiel and Ashnard might be some of the only biggest bads who don't make many glaring issues.

I don't mind Caineghis surviving the blast being a Laguz King, nor the main group of heroes, I can understand the criticism of Bastian and Tormod though. Tormod was poorly handled and Bastian and Izuka just had to be crammed in somewhere, but wasn't exactly the best way.

1) Traveling through time is a taboo. There's absolutely no telling what messing with time could have and thus anyone going back would have the sense not to go all out. Not to mention, she'd more sound like a raving lunatic if they said, "I'm from the future."

2) Wipe out the Grimleal? Pretty sure that's what Chrom's father tried, and you think that Chrom would do that? Especially Emmeryn? That's begging another bloody war.

3) Even if she knew, how would she get them precisely. She went to Basilio's for the location of the Gules and fighting Chrom. But even then, they needed to find the Vert and Azure Gemstone that are in the other continent. Even if Lucina tried to tell Chrom, the Gemstones are powerful objects that no nation would hand over as easily, especially since the Sable Gemstone is in Validar's hands.

4) No defense can be given by the other kids. Even I found it stupid, especially since Laurent traveled three years before Lucina arrived.

5) Naga may not have been able to tell everything in the future, since her only connections seems to be the completed Shield of Seals performing the Awakening and Tiki, and neither seems to be around in Lucina's time. And even then, she might not even have known that Robin was the Fellblood. She knew Robin was Fellblood in the story later on because she met him in Mount Prism, so there she could sense it.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

True. However, the one that could sing the galdr are only the herons and the Apostles. Mist and her mother could merely only hum it. If she has been always being sung to, that would mean the other apostles might have, since they know the song by blood.

Except the Medallion was always in Serenes it seems, and Yune is only referring to Herons, so she couldn't hear things that far away I think.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Ah. Yes, I would agree that before Awakening, Naga was not in Ashera and Yune's league at all. She was just a very powerful mortal. I would still argue she's stronger than Dheginsea though. XP

I could buy pre-Awakening Naga strong than Dheginsea. Gameplay-wise a blessed Wyrmslayer is strong on him (why no Nullify built into Mantle?), and Falchion is a super Wyrmslayer. Naga also has great magical wisdom, something Dheg seems to lack outside of that one AoE attack, his blessings are goddess-sent.

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

2) Wipe out the Grimleal? Pretty sure that's what Chrom's father tried, and you think that Chrom would do that? Especially Emmeryn? That's begging another bloody war.

Well leaving a man like Validar to rule Plegia wasn't exactly for the best. A benevolent occupation of Plegia where Ylissean aid poured in until stability was returned with a reasonable good-natured Plegian monarch might have been the best choice. During this, you selectively and carefully eradicate the Grimleal. As is, Ylisse just abandons the country when the war with Gangrel is over and the Grimleal profit from it. 

9 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

3) Even if she knew, how would she get them precisely. She went to Basilio's for the location of the Gules and fighting Chrom. But even then, they needed to find the Vert and Azure Gemstone that are in the other continent. Even if Lucina tried to tell Chrom, the Gemstones are powerful objects that no nation would hand over as easily, especially since the Sable Gemstone is in Validar's hands.

Valm and Ylisse should have standardized trade over the continents. Maybe do some mercenary work to earn enough money to pay for a voyage and then check out the Gemstones over there. At the least, Tiki might have been willing to hand over Azure. And being able to just monitor the Gemstones and ensure their safety and acquiring when the time comes would have been better than nothing.

4) No defense can be given by the other kids. Even I found it stupid, especially since Laurent traveled three years before Lucina arrived.

If only they had worked together as a group offscreen in the shadows doing things, like Gemstone or Grimleal monitoring. 

53 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was being a bit too bitter there I admit.

Actually, I went to find the lines and all I could find was this:

Hide contents

Yune:
“Ashera and I see things a little differently… During my long sleep, I was wrapped in sweet, gentle music.”

Ike:
“Heron galdrar?”

Yune:
“Yes, but more important than the song itself, I was never alone. There was always someone, singing comfort to me. Ashera shouldn’t have isolated herself. She became lonely and bitter, and lost touch with her people…”

To be fair to Medeus, he couldn't actually leave his castle and keep his full strength. So he didn't have many options in stopping Marth from waltzing up to his front door, other than sending armies at him, which he did, and they didn't work.

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Except the Medallion was always in Serenes it seems, and Yune is only referring to Herons, so she couldn't hear things that far away I think.

If that's the case, that might very well explain what Reyson was attempting to unleash. He planned on reviving the "dark god". After all, he might not have known the Medallion had been moved.

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I could buy pre-Awakening Naga strong than Dheginsea. Gameplay-wise a blessed Wyrmslayer is strong on him (why no Nullify built into Mantle?), and Falchion is a super Wyrmslayer. Naga also has great magical wisdom, something Dheg seems to lack outside of that one AoE attack, his blessings are goddess-sent.

Along with the blood pacts that allows Naga to give the Book of Naga, another weapon that can potentially rival the Falchion in power. 

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well leaving a man like Validar to rule Plegia wasn't exactly for the best. A benevolent occupation of Plegia where Ylissean aid poured in until stability was returned with a reasonable good-natured Plegian monarch might have been the best choice. During this, you selectively and carefully eradicate the Grimleal. As is, Ylisse just abandons the country when the war with Gangrel is over and the Grimleal profit from it. 

Well, Chon'sin was probably intended to be this nation that provided the Vert Gemstone in times of need. But given that Walhart started his conquest by the time that Gangrel tried to instigate this war with Ylisse, that would mean that Valm wasn't necessarily a safe place to get the gemstones. 

Also, given that the Grimleal is the more major religion in Plegia, it's highly unlikely you could even try to make an extermination of the Grimleal. Especially when you consider that the west coast is more controlled by Plegia as well.

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Valm and Ylisse should have standardized trade over the continents. Maybe do some mercenary work to earn enough money to pay for a voyage and then check out the Gemstones over there. At the least, Tiki might have been willing to hand over Azure. And being able to just monitor the Gemstones and ensure their safety and acquiring when the time comes would have been better than nothing.

Yeah, like I said, the west coast was controlled mostly by Plegia. That's why Plegia had enough gold to not only pay for all the damages from the war with Ylisse, but also be wealthy enough to actually provide all the ships necessary for Chrom and his allies, and also fund their entire campaign. I would argue that Plegia was actually the wealthiest nation in the continent of Ylisse. That intercontinental trade is a very smart writing by IS there actually.

45 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If only they had worked together as a group offscreen in the shadows doing things, like Gemstone or Grimleal monitoring. 

I get why they didn't include them, since the other Awakening kids were optional. Gerome at least made a clear reason that he only sought to free the wyverns.

7 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

If that's the case, that might very well explain what Reyson was attempting to unleash. He planned on reviving the "dark god". After all, he might not have known the Medallion had been moved.

Actually, what the game says is:

Spoiler

Reyson
...Yes. I will sing those monsters the dirge of ruin.

Tibarn
Are you mad?! You mustn't! I can't allow it!

Reyson
With permission or without, I do what I must! It is retribution for genocide! Retribution for this forest!

Tibarn
Reyson! You must not let yourself be ruled by despair! Each member of the heron tribe is an embodiment of balance! Do this, and you warp your very existence!

This dirge must be a Galdar. We have one of Rebirth. One of Sleep, of one Release. We have Bliss and we have Sorrow. So if Rebirth heals and Galdars seem to have opposites, then a "Galdar of Ruin", of massive destruction, may exist. Because destruction is chaotic and the Herons are inherently peaceful, the dirge is forbidden.

The altar must just be a great place for using magic for some reason.

Actually, what the game says is:

Reveal hidden contents

Reyson
...Yes. I will sing those monsters the dirge of ruin.

Tibarn
Are you mad?! You mustn't! I can't allow it!

Reyson
With permission or without, I do what I must! It is retribution for genocide! Retribution for this forest!

Tibarn
Reyson! You must not let yourself be ruled by despair! Each member of the heron tribe is an embodiment of balance! Do this, and you warp your very existence!

This dirge must be a Galdar. We have one of Rebirth. One of Sleep, of one Release. We have Bliss and we have Sorrow. So if Rebirth heals and Galdars seem to have opposites, then a "Galdar of Ruin", of massive destruction, may exist. Because destruction is chaotic and the Herons are inherently peaceful, the dirge is forbidden.

The altar must just be a great place for using magic for some reason.

Possibly. But you know that releasing the dark god of chaos would basically amount to a similar thing. They never necessarily went into depth about what Reyson was gonna do. The herons are well aware of how they can release the dark god from the medallion after all.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Every plot has its issues. Nergal had like five chances to win, but missed them all. Anankos had untold numbers of chances. Julius as many if not more.

Julius actually may have a very valid reason not to go out and destroy the heroes himself. Tracia established that he's supposedly in very bad health and that its getting worse. He's also not quite Loptyr yet and in fact somewhat comes across as a lazy teenager at times which further explains inaction on his part. 

New pages!

Profiles: (thanks to VincentASM for first three, mystletainn for the fourth).

090 Alm
091 Celica
097 Silque and Mycen
117 Massena and Rudolf

Concept Art (translated by me)

156-157 Saber, Nomah, Kamui, Deen, Palla, Catria, Est, Sonya
174-175 Duma and Mila Dragon Forms, Other Monsters

Song Lyrics (by mystletainn of tumblr)

Lord of a Dead Empire

The Price of Power / Blind Reward

Children of Fate

Edited by Kirokan

I never noticed that Saber had a strip of kunai on his person until seeing that concept art.

Man, those Mogalls with wings were creepy. Also Mila's dragon form...    :blink:   That's even scarier than Duma... no wonder we only saw it as a statue.

4 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

I never noticed that Saber had a strip of kunai on his person until seeing that concept art.

Man, those Mogalls with wings were creepy. Also Mila's dragon form...    :blink:   That's even scarier than Duma... no wonder we only saw it as a statue.

I get a feeling that this is a contradiction on what was said in the timeline that Mila's dragon form is beautiful. She looks scary if anything. Distorted even. Perhaps this is the sign of how her dragon form is mutating from the degeneration. 

23 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I suddenly want to fight Mila's dragon form. Why oh why didn't IS plagiarize my idea and have Rudolf's assault on the temple as a DLC map!?

How would they do it? Just be Rudolf with Falchion vs Mila in her dragon form? Where's the strategy in that? Have random soldiers fight her to chip her damage while Rudolf lands the final blow?

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

How would they do it? Just be Rudolf with Falchion vs Mila in her dragon form? Where's the strategy in that? Have random soldiers fight her to chip her damage while Rudolf lands the final blow?

Maybe it could start with Rudolf and his mooks but later on Jedah and Berkut as well as Massena  and some Duma cultists arrive as reinforcement. Your playable party slowly increases and help chip away at Mila until Rudolf can land the final blow. 

6 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Maybe it could start with Rudolf and his mooks but later on Jedah and Berkut as well as Massena  and some Duma cultists arrive as reinforcement. Your playable party slowly increases and help chip away at Mila until Rudolf can land the final blow. 

So basically some rehash of Duma's final chapter? Except our opponent is just Mila instead of Duma? Also, based on what we see, it seems only Rudolf challenged Mila in that cutscene, so it's unlikely that anyone else you mentioned were there.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

So basically some rehash of Duma's final chapter? Except our opponent is just Mila instead of Duma? Also, based on what we see, it seems only Rudolf challenged Mila in that cutscene, so it's unlikely that anyone else you mentioned were there.

That's why I said the others would show up later since they're clearly not there at the beginning of the fight. If had done a Mila boss DLC with just her vs Rudolf it would be quite boring. 

Mila could just be a female version of Duma when it comes to their capabilities. They are siblings but I think there are more interesting ways boss Mila to function. Like, maybe she summons spirits to defend her and let them do the attacking which could be a sign of Mila getting lazy in her old age. Her role would be to summon spirits, heal several of them at once and occasionally dish out scripted high damage magic attacks.

1 hour ago, omegaxis1 said:

I get a feeling that this is a contradiction on what was said in the timeline that Mila's dragon form is beautiful. She looks scary if anything. Distorted even. Perhaps this is the sign of how her dragon form is mutating from the degeneration. 

I think her dragon form looks fine? It's fearsome but not, like ugly. I find it pretty regal, personally. I a mpretty sure this design exists from ages ago in Valentian history and she hasn't started degernerating until fairly recently. 

What I'm saying is beauty is in the eye of the beholder

50 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Well it was an idea I suggested before the game was released and we all seen that cutscene. Still, I don't think that's a particularly impeding issue. We don't see the extent of the fight at all. Mila could have several priests rush in right afterwards (including a version of Cantors that summon enemies like you can with your units) with Rudolf summoning his generals. I want to see the Mila Faithful in action as a military force. There is beta elements to suggest they would appear as units at one point.

Probably a more pressing issue is the fact that because they refused to give characters more than one weapon type, it's just plain weird that Rudolf is wielding a sword. He'd need to have some kind of unique class for it or just plain hack the game to ignore the rules. What we eventually got in the game also wouldn't serve the most interesting map, as it's just a straight walkway surrounded by a pond on either side. Definitely need fliers to make that interesting and Rigel doesn't have any fliers outside of their monster forces. But given that all we had in Gaiden was "Rudolf attacked the Temple and sealed Mila," there was more than enough leg room to create a really fun fanservicy chapter where you play as the bad guys in a way that makes sense.

Oh damn. Saber lost his eye because he was set-up. And the reason he was in Zofia was because private duels=death penalty in Rigel. Meanwhile, Genny was born out of an affair. Interesting. Also, them being on the same page totally further implies that they married.

Hopefully we get to see Faye's profile soon.

44 minutes ago, Kirokan said:

101 Genny and Saber

Interesting to see that Genny's penchant that nobody noticed has some significance for her. Little details like this helps show how even small stuff in a characters design can add to their character.

Not going to lie, Saber's backstory almost reminds me of Mycen's if life wasn't as kind to him. It's also interesting that, despite being a nation lead by strength, Rigel knows that duels always end with one officer or soldier dead over a pointless conflict, and banned it with the death penalty to ironically prevent needless deaths.

44 minutes ago, Kirokan said:

107 Nomah and Conrad

I find several of Nomah's lines be hilarious and underrated, so I wish that he had more supports and more opportunities to show both his pious and mischievous side.

We already know this stuff with Conrad, although I do like the hint that he does the housework himself, probably being one of the few nobles who doesn't have a servant.