Valentia Accordion Translation Project Thread

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh damn. Saber lost his eye because he was set-up. And the reason he was in Zofia was because private duels=death penalty in Rigel. Meanwhile, Genny was born out of an affair. Interesting. Also, them being on the same page totally further implies that they married.

Hopefully we get to see Faye's profile soon.

I thought we already knew it was an affair but double checking her dialog the only mention of her father is her final base conversation. Though I suppose it doesnt take much to read between the lines. Being nobility might also explain hedging her "story" as a princess looking for a King other than just romantiscizing the story.

Man it's a shame Genny only got one support. Her base convo and her Sonya support were great, it'd have been nice to get a support with Boey or Mae. A priory DLC going on weird adventures would have been a fun counterpoint to the Deliverance dlc....

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, r_n said:

Man it's a shame Genny only got one support. Her base convo and her Sonya support were great, it'd have been nice to get a support with Boey or Mae. A priory DLC going on weird adventures would have been a fun counterpoint to the Deliverance dlc....

The worst part is that its with Sonya, meaning that if you don't recruit her, Genny loses her ONLY support partner.

Guest Dreamyboi
17 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

The worst part is that its with Sonya, meaning that if you don't recruit her, Genny loses her ONLY support partner.

Yep, stuff like that makes me think supports were an afterthought in Echoes.

Shit, I don't even know what to say.

I guess... I want all these background stories fully fleshed out. DLC maps or memory prisms or a game full of mini-stories or what have you. Saber, Deen, Nuibaba... Damn.

I patiently await more goodies.

@Kirokan Yo, put your little plus sign for Saber in the first post. ...Sorry, that sounded kinda rude. Pretty please.

Edited by Sock

8 minutes ago, Sock said:

Shit, I don't even know what to say.

I guess... I want all these background stories fully fleshed out. DLC maps or memory prisms or a game full of mini-stories or what have you. Saber, Deen, Nuibaba... Damn.

I patiently await more goodies.

@Kirokan Yo, put your little plus sign for Saber in the first post. ...Sorry, that sounded kinda rude. Pretty please.

It wasn't rude, don't worry. : )

I did so just now. I played the game so long ago and am less familiar with its lore, so am not actually sure what's new or not until I see the reactions in the thread. xD

5 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

The wording at the end of Genny's profile is curious. It makes it sound like she didn't marry an older man in the end.

That seemed to be part of the implication with her ending, why it surprised people and that she married someone "no one expected." Part of that might be literally who she married but if its not an older man it still qualifies.

Oh this reminds me, is there no where in this that mentions ages of the cast? That surprised me since Echoes wound up being one of the few games that actually gave ages for almost everyone (Berkut, Fernand & Rinea being the big exceptions; Rudolf & Jedah had their ages for some reason), even if they did go unused. 

32 minutes ago, r_n said:

That seemed to be part of the implication with her ending, why it surprised people and that she married someone "no one expected." Part of that might be literally who she married but if its not an older man it still qualifies.

I guess for me I never fully understood the "no one expected" comment of her ending, possible because I wasn't sure how many of Genny's friends actually knew about her interests.

10 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

Interesting to see that Genny's penchant that nobody noticed has some significance for her. Little details like this helps show how even small stuff in a characters design can add to their character.

Not going to lie, Saber's backstory almost reminds me of Mycen's if life wasn't as kind to him. It's also interesting that, despite being a nation lead by strength, Rigel knows that duels always end with one officer or soldier dead over a pointless conflict, and banned it with the death penalty to ironically prevent needless deaths.

I find several of Nomah's lines be hilarious and underrated, so I wish that he had more supports and more opportunities to show both his pious and mischievous side.

We already know this stuff with Conrad, although I do like the hint that he does the housework himself, probably being one of the few nobles who doesn't have a servant.

Well it says private duels are forbidden. So presumably public duels where you fill out the right forms and alert the authorities are a-okay. While a private duel...that's kind of straight up murdering someone. I'm sure Saber probably have the guy a fair (enough) chance, but Rigel has no reason to believe that. Anyone could kill anyone else and just put a sword in the corpse's hand and say "We had a duel! I did nothing wrong!"

Nice, nice. A bit disappointed that there wasn't really any new info on Faye but oh well.

Kliff, on the other hand, might be the most interesting of the Ram Villagers.

Faye, you continue to be a constant source of disappointment. There wasn't even two full paragraphs for you. 

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Kliff, on the other hand, might be the most interesting of the Ram Villagers.

And then he goes to Archanea and gets with someone, and their son is said to be really gifted in magic. 

My bet is on Linde.

• 4 weeks later...

It is! A lot of the translators I outsourced translations to got busy with final exams/graduation, but once things start to settle down a bit the posts will resume. : )

Edited by Kirokan

IT LIVES. \o/

Pure excitement.

About Palla's "sweetheart". There must be a better word to use. Sweetheart implies they are together as a couple. It's more like "secret crush".

How exactly would Jesse running away be better for his half-brother? Unless the law mandated he be disinherited and put to death upon Jesse's ascension, if the brother was really frail, being the head of a noble house would do no good for health. Jesse should have taken the leadership and just given his brother comfort and a stress-free position within the family. If Jesse just wanted freedom, well that is another story.

Still, thank thee Kirokan and anyone else involved for translating this stuff!

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How exactly would Jesse running away be better for his half-brother? Unless the law mandated he be disinherited and put to death upon Jesse's ascension, if the brother was really frail, being the head of a noble house would do no good for health. Jesse should have taken the leadership and just given his brother comfort and a stress-free position within the family. If Jesse just wanted freedom, well that is another story.

That depends entirely on the character of his half brother. It's possible he might have executed Jesse as a threat if he ascended, and Jesse's position was either depose his brother or run away to survive.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Politics is a hell of a game.  Let's say that it happened the way you described, and then some nobles decided that they didn't like Jesse.  Cue succession war.

Edited by eclipse

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Jesse was the bastard child, even if he's older. He could easily cause a power struggle to happen under that reasoning. And that would just get people and his brother killed. So better to leave and let his brother take over so that there is no struggle.

Today we have:

116 Jedah, Hestia, and Marla

Nothing too new, but that's those three as they were requested!

On 5/28/2018 at 8:45 PM, Sock said:

IT LIVES. \o/

Pure excitement.

About Palla's "sweetheart". There must be a better word to use. Sweetheart implies they are together as a couple. It's more like "secret crush".

Interesting note on the connotation. Indeed it just says "person she loves." I left it as it was since I figured it still works for one-sided, but maybe not? I'll hopefully change it for the final rendition, then.

10 hours ago, Kirokan said:

Today we have:

116 Jedah, Hestia, and Marla

Nothing too new, but that's those three as they were requested!

Interesting note on the connotation. Indeed it just says "person she loves." I left it as it was since I figured it still works for one-sided, but maybe not? I'll hopefully change it for the final rendition, then.

... Wait... doesn't this make Sonya be canonical to the game? Cause Marla says that she's angry at Sonya, while Hestia is said to have died by her sister's hand.